• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Anything that makes the factory mag base significantly bigger won’t work with the ACC because the ACC magwell is designed for a T3X and a bigger 22 magazine won’t fit.
Thanks I see, well that sucks... I assume this would be the same on both the early ACCs which are inletted for just the T3X and the later ones which are inletted for both T1/T3?

Good news is I just heard from my gun shop and the chassis is supposed to be with them next Tue!

Starting to think perhaps I should have tried the Bravo first! Or I might keep this for the incoming T3X and then just buy a additional bravo for the T1

Reactions: Emerson0311
Thanks I see, well that sucks... I assume this would be the same on both the early ACCs which are inletted for just the T3X and the later ones which are inletted for both T1/T3?

Good news is I just heard from my gun shop and the chassis is supposed to be with them next Tue!

Starting to think perhaps I should have tried the Bravo first! Or I might keep this for the incoming T3X and then just buy a additional bravo for the T1
I’m not sure about the generations of the ACC. It sure sold me on the adjustability of a full chassis though.

Finally managed to get to the range today to shoot it and tried to do some ammo testing. I had a brick of R50 which my Annie likes and a brick of Tenex that was gathering dust as it doesn't shoot well in the Anschutz. Also got a few SKs and Lapua to try while I am at it.

Only had an hour as I needed to do pick up today, so there's an element of rushing/human error but still generally did quite well I think. Well happy with the accuracy.

Started with SK rifle match, zero'ed the rifle and starting shooting at 50 on the bench off bipod and rear bag. First group 0.38" which I thought was great. The other 4 groups all hovered around 0.5", so I think I managed to get one with a decent barrel. Rest of the other SKs were ok but nothing to shout about.

I then got to the Lapuas, both Midas + and centre X did pretty well between .24" - .6".

My rifle did not like rws at all, not only were the group's big, it was having weak ejections and feed issues.

Then finally I got to that brick of Tenex I had and it shot amazing, apart from on .6" group. The other 4 were between .3" - .4". Looks like I will be buying some more of this lot!

target_image 4.jpg

target_image 3.jpg

target_image 2.jpg

Finally managed to get to the range today to shoot it and tried to do some ammo testing. I had a brick of R50 which my Annie likes and a brick of Tenex that was gathering dust as it doesn't shoot well in the Anschutz. Also got a few SKs and Lapua to try while I am at it.

Only had an hour as I needed to do pick up today, so there's an element of rushing/human error but still generally did quite well I think. Well happy with the accuracy.

Started with SK rifle match, zero'ed the rifle and starting shooting at 50 on the bench off bipod and rear bag. First group 0.38" which I thought was great. The other 4 groups all hovered around 0.5", so I think I managed to get one with a decent barrel. Rest of the other SKs were ok but nothing to shout about.

I then got to the Lapuas, both Midas + and centre X did pretty well between .24" - .6".

My rifle did not like rws at all, not only were the group's big, it was having weak ejections and feed issues.

Then finally I got to that brick of Tenex I had and it shot amazing, apart from on .6" group. The other 4 were between .3" - .4". Looks like I will be buying some more of this lot!

Pretty much my observations on my T1x as well, although I did tried the Lapua stuff.

Shooting unsuppressed, SKRM are very nice and consistent but does not yield the tightest groups (groups stays in the 0.7-0.8 MOA range on 5 shot groups at 50m)
Other SKs works okay but not awesome. I don't know if this has any connection in the real world or not but it looks like their way of lubing the pills instead of waxing pleases the Tikka more.

RWS she doesn't like, whatever the model is. CCIs, remingtons and the cheap stuff, no luck either.

I had some interesting results with Eleys, with tighter groups (0.6 MOA on average) but on the "entry level" stuff like clubs and standard, there was always a flyer every 5 to 10 rounds to ruin the group size close to or above MOA.

On close inspection, the bullets on these often have some dents and dings and occasionnaly a casting defect on one side (small extra block of lead) of the ogive which is a good candidate to explain some of these flyers. I've found these defects on the low grade stuff (SK magazine for example) but given the price tag of the brick of Eley, that's a shame. Tenex is obviously the way to go for better QC but it hurts the purse quite a bit for recreationnal shooting. I've inspected the SKRM projectiles to compare and they are all in nice shape, no dents or casting defect on the 100+ bullets I've looked at. And these are still cheaper than the cheap Eleys too.

I bought a suppressor a couple weeks ago so I'll run another testing session when I can to see how much of a change that is bringing, but so far I'm going to stick with the SK as a baseline for the good price to consistency ratio (If I can get some of course...)

Pretty much my observations on my T1x as well, although I did tried the Lapua stuff.

Shooting unsuppressed, SKRM are very nice and consistent but does not yield the tightest groups (groups stays in the 0.7-0.8 MOA range on 5 shot groups at 50m)
Other SKs works okay but not awesome. I don't know if this has any connection in the real world or not but it looks like their way of lubing the pills instead of waxing pleases the Tikka more.

RWS she doesn't like, whatever the model is. CCIs, remingtons and the cheap stuff, no luck either.

I had some interesting results with Eleys, with tighter groups (0.6 MOA on average) but on the "entry level" stuff like clubs and standard, there was always a flyer every 5 to 10 rounds to ruin the group size close to or above MOA.

On close inspection, the bullets on these often have some dents and dings and occasionnaly a casting defect on one side (small extra block of lead) of the ogive which is a good candidate to explain some of these flyers. I've found these defects on the low grade stuff (SK magazine for example) but given the price tag of the brick of Eley, that's a shame. Tenex is obviously the way to go for better QC but it hurts the purse quite a bit for recreationnal shooting. I've inspected the SKRM projectiles to compare and they are all in nice shape, no dents or casting defect on the 100+ bullets I've looked at. And these are still cheaper than the cheap Eleys too.

I bought a suppressor a couple weeks ago so I'll run another testing session when I can to see how much of a change that is bringing, but so far I'm going to stick with the SK as a baseline for the good price to consistency ratio (If I can get some of course...)
My T1X factory barrel shot CCISV as well as SKRM, averaging around 1 3/4” for 10 at 100. My IBI barrel shoots SKS+ at 1 3/8” for 10 at 100, with many groups approaching 1”. The 1 or 2 out of 10 that make the group bigger is the price of less consistency in cheaper ammo.

I agree with you guys both but SK match if is only available to me at a further away shop and so I went Tenex partly out of convenience. It's also the cheapest out of the top shelf stuff (Midas and r50) for me too.

Tried suppressed too but my groups opened up so the harmonics probably didn't work out for me on that one.

Have seen people with rifles that shot cheaper ammo better than expensive stuff but it's never happened to my unfortunately...

Was trying to get some info go true up my dope on Tenex and also wanted to shoot some groups today at 100m but it was real stormy. Two of my targets got ripped off by wind!

The groups weren't great, mostly around 1.3inch but more horizontally spread like this one below. Vertical spreads seemed decent though, all generally within an inch, so perhaps I can blame the wind. Will try again on a better day. At least I managed to get my dope relatively well tuned.

Also decided to buy a bravo chassis to try out which will hopefully arrive on Tuesday. If it works fine then j might save the ACC for a center fire later on.

Screenshot_20220213-194353~2.png

I agree with you guys both but SK match if is only available to me at a further away shop and so I went Tenex partly out of convenience. It's also the cheapest out of the top shelf stuff (Midas and r50) for me too.

Tried suppressed too but my groups opened up so the harmonics probably didn't work out for me on that one.

Have seen people with rifles that shot cheaper ammo better than expensive stuff but it's never happened to my unfortunately...

Was trying to get some info go true up my dope on Tenex and also wanted to shoot some groups today at 100m but it was real stormy. Two of my targets got ripped off by wind!

The groups weren't great, mostly around 1.3inch but more horizontally spread like this one below. Vertical spreads seemed decent though, all generally within an inch, so perhaps I can blame the wind. Will try again on a better day. At least I managed to get my dope relatively well tuned.

Also decided to buy a bravo chassis to try out which will hopefully arrive on Tuesday. If it works fine then j might save the ACC for a center fire later on.

View attachment 7807117
I’ve found 5 shot groups do not give me reliable data on expected group size for 22LR. 10 shot groups seem to be a bit more representative of what I can expect from a selected ammo.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
I’ve found 5 shot groups do not give me reliable data on expected group size for 22LR. 10 shot groups seem to be a bit more representative of what I can expect from a selected ammo.

Typically, I will shoot 5 X 10 shot groups and take the average of those before I feel I can judge the ammo.

The 5 shot at 100m was just to get some zero'ing data and it was getting too wet I just wanted to get some data before my targets got too soggy or ripped off!

I certainly don't disagree. There's no doubt more data is always going to be a more accurate representation. Not sure if I remember right but I think I read somewhere that in one 500 rounds experiement, average group size of randomly picked individual 5 shot groups were about 50-60% confidence level versus the overall 500 rd group size and 10 shot groups were somewhere around 60-70%. 50 rd groups were in the 70-80% region but the problem with that experiment versus normal guys is that they tested indoor on a vice.

For me, shooting outdoors, the wind and shooter position probably changed more during the 50 rd group to cause the shift in POI versus the actual inconsistency of the ammo/rifle, so five 10shots is probably the best reasonable way I agree.

Only issue on 10 shots for me is that at 50m, I am likely going to get a big hole and can't track all individual shots, so I actually like 5 shot groups and then overlay them on each other using the POA and in the same order as I shoot them. (In reality I usually just eyeball that...)

On a practical side, because my local gun shop only do RWS and Eley, for me the exercise was more about picking between those and also have a look at Lapua/SK to see if it's worth me driving out to get those. Given RWS seems to give me realibility issues in feeding and Eley was was giving pretty good results, it was good enough for me to decide to go with that.

I still have a few boxes of SK match and the Lapuas left. Now that I've narrowed it down to SK Match, Lapua CX, Midas+ and Tenex, I can probably do some 10 shot groups the next time I am at the range but then one can also argue about the lot to lot differences and get into a whole other can of worms... (I do live within an hour drive of the Eley test range, so...)

Also need to do some test with the new chassis when it arrives tomorrow and experiment with action bolt torque as well. All good fun as part of the journey.

The 5 shot at 100m was just to get some zero'ing data and it was getting too wet I just wanted to get some data before my targets got too soggy or ripped off!

I certainly don't disagree. There's no doubt more data is always going to be a more accurate representation. Not sure if I remember right but I think I read somewhere that in one 500 rounds experiement, average group size of randomly picked individual 5 shot groups were about 50-60% confidence level versus the overall 500 rd group size and 10 shot groups were somewhere around 60-70%. 50 rd groups were in the 70-80% region but the problem with that experiment versus normal guys is that they tested indoor on a vice.

For me, shooting outdoors, the wind and shooter position probably changed more during the 50 rd group to cause the shift in POI versus the actual inconsistency of the ammo/rifle, so five 10shots is probably the best reasonable way I agree.

Only issue on 10 shots for me is that at 50m, I am likely going to get a big hole and can't track all individual shots, so I actually like 5 shot groups and then overlay them on each other using the POA and in the same order as I shoot them. (In reality I usually just eyeball that...)

On a practical side, because my local gun shop only do RWS and Eley, for me the exercise was more about picking between those and also have a look at Lapua/SK to see if it's worth me driving out to get those. Given RWS seems to give me realibility issues in feeding and Eley was was giving pretty good results, it was good enough for me to decide to go with that.

I still have a few boxes of SK match and the Lapuas left. Now that I've narrowed it down to SK Match, Lapua CX, Midas+ and Tenex, I can probably do some 10 shot groups the next time I am at the range but then one can also argue about the lot to lot differences and get into a whole other can of worms... (I do live within an hour drive of the Eley test range, so...)

Also need to do some test with the new chassis when it arrives tomorrow and experiment with action bolt torque as well. All good fun as part of the journey.
I can certainly agree with that. I will shoot the 10 shot groups and overlay them similar to what you do.

For me, shooting 50 shot groups outdoors is kind of a waste. I just cannot shoot a 50 shot string and have any confidence that it is repeatable or even consistent due to the changing environmentals and my own shooting ability. Maybe some shooters can, but I can't.

My T1X also prefers Eley Tenex, but SK Long Range will make a pretty good showing as well. Especially at longer ranges. It is worth a shot to try some if it is available.

Thanks for bringing that up mate ! I've always thought that it wasn't worth it on a rigid chassis but you triggered my curiosity and after reading a few discussions and articles on the subject this afternoon, it seems I'm clearly wrong.

I can certainly agree with that. I will shoot the 10 shot groups and overlay them similar to what you do.

For me, shooting 50 shot groups outdoors is kind of a waste. I just cannot shoot a 50 shot string and have any confidence that it is repeatable or even consistent due to the changing environmentals and my own shooting ability. Maybe some shooters can, but I can't.

My T1X also prefers Eley Tenex, but SK Long Range will make a pretty good showing as well. Especially at longer ranges. It is worth a shot to try some if it is available.
SK long range was the only SK I couldn't find, so will have to wait until I come across it.

Been reading up on this lately and there is a method where you use the mean radius times 2.1 to get your radius for 95% confidence interval and then times 2 to get to a probable group size. Statistically seemed like a better way and easy enough to do if I use range buddy already. So will be giving that a go.
Thanks for bringing that up mate ! I've always thought that it wasn't worth it on a rigid chassis but you triggered my curiosity and after reading a few discussions and articles on the subject this afternoon, it seems I'm clearly wrong.
I think in theory, especially with the T1X where the stock is so flexible, switching to a more solid chassis should help with consistency. I think it was one of AI's selling point initially and seems to be a proven concept.

Not sure how much is the gain though. The MDT claims on their product pages seems a bit optimistic to me...

Hi guys. I’ve read through roughly first 50 pages of this thread so far, but have a question.

Picked up a T1X Left Hand 16” 17HMR.

I read about a couple accounts of broken firing pins…. I don’t plan to dry fire practice with this rifle, but what do you do when you put the bolt back in the rifle after assembly or cleaning? Leave it cocked with safety on? Squeeze the trigger and say F-it?

Appreciate the tips.

I’m putting this into a Grayboe Terrain stock (was originally on a T3x), with a Mountain Tactical 20MOA rail, Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 6-24x50 in Warne low rings and utilizing a Dead Air Mask.

I wouldn't close and dry fire personally. I just leave it cocked and store with bolt out.

If you are worried about leaving it cocked, you can actually twist the bolt to uncock. Just remember to twist it back the other way before you put it in next time. On some other rifles, they make these storage tubes you can insert the bolt and then uncock using the bolt handle. I think I have seen a 3D print model for the t1x bolt on Google before.

Hi guys. I’ve read through roughly first 50 pages of this thread so far, but have a question.

I read about a couple accounts of broken firing pins…. I don’t plan to dry fire practice with this rifle, but what do you do when you put the bolt back in the rifle after assembly or cleaning? Leave it cocked with safety on? Squeeze the trigger and say F-it?

Appreciate the tips.

I’m putting this into a Grayboe Terrain stock (was originally on a T3x), with a Mountain Tactical 20MOA rail, Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 6-24x50 in Warne low rings and utilizing a Dead Air Mask.
I used to dry fire in that situation. After a broken firing pin I do not anymore. Mine broke during a live fire string. About 8K rounds through the rifle. I bought to last T1X firing pin available in Canada at the time.

Appreciate the tips.

Ensure the chamber is empty.

Press and HOLD the trigger to the rear, then close the bolt and lower the handle.

This will un-cock the bolt/pin without firing it

Here’s my Lefty T1X 16” 17HMR.

Grayboe Terrain stock
CTR bottom metal
MT 20 MOA rail
Warne low rings
Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 6-24x50
Dead Air Mask
Harris bipod

I can’t wait to get this baby dialed in. I have 1,200 rounds of CCI A17 ready to go.

Attachments

• 43E0BB8E-08A7-40CE-9A03-BEF90C47686F.jpeg
    43E0BB8E-08A7-40CE-9A03-BEF90C47686F.jpeg
    693.9 KB · Views: 868
  • FAE4C139-506F-4359-9F3B-1437387FFAA2.jpeg
    FAE4C139-506F-4359-9F3B-1437387FFAA2.jpeg
    855.4 KB · Views: 556
  • D28DE21B-D209-4BE9-ACAC-5A17029C7F29.jpeg
    D28DE21B-D209-4BE9-ACAC-5A17029C7F29.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 248
Has anyone tried removing the adjustable cheek riser with its mechanism from an adjustable CTR (or Super Varmint) and put in in a T1x stock?

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Has anyone tried removing the adjustable cheek riser with its mechanism from an adjustable CTR (or Super Varmint) and put in in a T1x stock?
The Titan universal cheek rest fits great. I'll warn you though, there isn't much meat in the stock, so I'd go one drill bit size smaller if I had it to do over.

Reactions: blisters
The Titan universal cheek rest fits great. I'll warn you though, there isn't much meat in the stock, so I'd go one drill bit size smaller if I had it to do over.

I got some stainless machine screws and a packet of rivet nuts:

59b59f1c-ddc1-47f2-8bc6-357688b68669.41ff538d1d29d636513fbf4e600e9db3.jpeg

Drilled under sized holes then placed the nut on a soldering iron tip for about 5 minutes, then pressed it in to the hole, melting it in place.
As long as you don't get carried away with your screwdriver they hold fine and allow easy cheek piece removal for cleaning without chewing the stock up with the dry wall screws each time.

I got some stainless machine screws and a packet of rivet nuts:

59b59f1c-ddc1-47f2-8bc6-357688b68669.41ff538d1d29d636513fbf4e600e9db3.jpeg

Drilled under sized holes then placed the nut on a soldering iron tip for about 5 minutes, then pressed it in to the hole, melting it in place.
As long as you don't get carried away with your screwdriver they hold fine and allow easy cheek piece removal for cleaning without chewing the stock up with the dry wall screws each time.
That's a handy trick I'll have to remember if I ever go back to the factory stock. Nice!

I installed an Anarchy magazine release on my T1X last night, man what an improvement! Mag drops free every time, no more hanging up like it did with the factory release. Two thumbs up from me 👍🏽👍🏽

Got one of these delivered yesterday from Canukistan:

Seems very well made and only mag carrier I've come across for the T1x. They also make them for the CZ 457 and Savage Mk II.
Shall see how it does at two matches next weekend.

Got one of these delivered yesterday from Canukistan:

Seems very well made and only mag carrier I've come across for the T1x. They also make them for the CZ 457 and Savage Mk II.
Shall see how it does at two matches next weekend.
They work great, even with the MKM mag extensions. I have had one for about a month.

Reactions: 6.5SH
I have been reading the discussions about modifying a T3x krg bravo to fit the t1x. After making the mods, can you still use the bravo on the T3x? Are there any video instructional on doing the modification?

I have been reading the discussions about modifying a T3x krg bravo to fit the t1x. After making the mods, can you still use the bravo on the T3x? Are there any video instructional on doing the modification?
The way i modified mine i can still use it for the t3 or t1x.
No videos because now you can get it for the t1x anyway. The discussions and photos give a few ways to do it.

What did you do to make it compatible with both?
Post #1408

Literally the 4th time ive posted the solution in this thread lol. Just click the link above that ive pasted and it'll take you to the exact post.

Can someone with a KRG bravo measure the width of the magwell? If you happen to have a t3 in one could you measure that too?

At least it’s available? I bought a used one last year for $600 because I needed one. Would gladly pay this for a new one.
No disrespect my friend. I'm just amazed they've gone up so much. I love the T1X. 10,000 rounds or more I guess. I've lost track. I shoot a box or two in the backyard more days than not. And the 16" is the better suppressor host. I've owned both 16" and 20".

No disrespect my friend. I'm just amazed they've gone up so much. I love the T1X. 10,000 rounds or more I guess. I've lost track. I shoot a box or two in the backyard more days than not. And the 16" is the better suppressor host. I've owned both 16" and 20".
Hell everythings gone up drastically. You bought bacon lately? And matter of opinion on the best host, I love my 20".

EDIT: Also, I got tired of waiting last year and paid slightly more than that on GunJoker. I wanted the 20" to be a mini-me to my CTR, and there are various schools of thought on extra barrel length possibly adding a bit more bullet stabilization for longer range shots. I have no regrets, I love this thing and shoot it more than anything I own. I don't think I've touched my built 10/22 since buying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRAGON64
If i wanted to mount a swfa 3-15 on my tikka for shooting 200 and closer do i need elevation factored into my rail?I dont plan to shoot that far anytime soon but just looking into the future in case.Im looking at dip and area 419 rails. Thanks

I need some help figuring out what rail to get,im new to all this math and going to run a swfa 3-15 and need a rail,want to make sure i get what i need,theres 0,15,20,25&30.I would like a 50 yard zero.Do i need moa built in rail?Scope has 40 moa total elevation.
Dip
Area 419
MT

I need some help figuring out what rail to get,im new to all this math and going to run a swfa 3-15 and need a rail,want to make sure i get what i need,theres 0,15,20,25&30.I would like a 50 yard zero.Do i need moa built in rail?Scope has 40 moa total elevation.
Dip
Area 419
MT
Are you sure your scope has only 40 moa and not 40 mil of elevation.
The reason I ask is the only 3-15 swfa scope i can find on their website states that it has 40 mil of elevation which is about 137 moa .
If that is the case a rail with 0 moa will do.
I would just buy a 20 moa rail incase you ever decided to shoot further or change scopes at a later date.
I bought the EGW 20 moa rail for my T1x .

Area 419 30MOA rail and be done. You can zero at 100yds and have enough elevation to shoot as far as you little heart desires.

T