• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka T1X

It shoots about everything. I shot Eley Target out of mine for a few thousand rounds. I also shot SK+. It shot Tenex remarkable well, but that's just too pricey. I never found a good batch of Rifle Match or Long Range Match that it liked though.

Personally I don't like the wax gunk from Eley in my chamber, so I'd go with

Pistol Match Special
Standard Plus
Biathlon Sport

Lapua Center-X.

If you like the non oily Eley ammo, and are a fan of that wax type, then Eley Target, Eley Contact.

Never had any luck with Eley Club.

Glass...

Get an Athlon Ares BTR for $400 if you can find one. You can do a 2.5-15 right now for $389 at cameralandny. The 4.5-27's are all sold out (they were $425)

Reactions: slodsm
So I’m a sucker for marketing and reading about the T1x and all of these posts, I picked one up today to add to my rimfire collection.

Ordered a KRG Bravo on the way home and a 30moa bade from Anarchy Outdoors. Searching for a bolt handle right now to see what styles I like. I’ll probably just stick with what works and put a Harris bipod under it but I may do a magpul, I have one magpul so far and I do like it, just a little taller than I prefer when it’s all the way down but with the pan locked it, it has the best controlled cant I’ve ever used.

Haven‘t decided on glass yet, I keep scrolling through the optics PX here and trying to decide what I want, I didn’t intend to drop a grand on a new rimfire when I woke up this morning so dropping another 6-800 on glass is kinda painful to me right now but I mean why half ass it Hahahaha.

So what’s everyone finding to be the preferred ammo for the factory bbl? Anything stand out or is it like every other rimfire and you gotta try em all? I’ve got a healthy stash of fgmm target and Eley target because that’s what my 10/22 loves. I’ll be placing a midway order soon though so I am going to order a few different brands to try out but wanted to narrow it down if possible.

Check out MK Machining (dot com) for their prices on scopes. The owner, Tyler, is a hide member and gives discounts to fellow hide members.

So I’m a sucker for marketing and reading about the T1x and all of these posts, I picked one up today to add to my rimfire collection.

Ordered a KRG Bravo on the way home and a 30moa bade from Anarchy Outdoors. Searching for a bolt handle right now to see what styles I like. I’ll probably just stick with what works and put a Harris bipod under it but I may do a magpul, I have one magpul so far and I do like it, just a little taller than I prefer when it’s all the way down but with the pan locked it, it has the best controlled cant I’ve ever used.

Haven‘t decided on glass yet, I keep scrolling through the optics PX here and trying to decide what I want, I didn’t intend to drop a grand on a new rimfire when I woke up this morning so dropping another 6-800 on glass is kinda painful to me right now but I mean why half ass it Hahahaha.

So what’s everyone finding to be the preferred ammo for the factory bbl? Anything stand out or is it like every other rimfire and you gotta try em all? I’ve got a healthy stash of fgmm target and Eley target because that’s what my 10/22 loves. I’ll be placing a midway order soon though so I am going to order a few different brands to try out but wanted to narrow it down if possible.

Get the Ares BTR (I suggest 4.5-27) if you want to spend under $1,000. I just sold a NIB one for $525 shipped. There's a couple in the PX now. MK machining has new available as well. You will want a throw lever and parallax wheel from MK too.

Jefe I saw yours 7 minutes too late or I would have bought it hahaha. Most likely (unless I stumble on a deal for a pst2 or an xtr2) I’ll go with the ares BTR.

Ive got a Midas BTR on my 10/22 that I accidentally bought drunk shopping. it’s not a bad scope for a rimfire at all, just hate the lack of zero stop and SFP reticle for a gun I dial up and down constantly so the ares addresses both of those issues.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Jefe I saw yours 7 minutes too late or I would have bought it hahaha. Most likely (unless I stumble on a deal for a pst2 or an xtr2) I’ll go with the ares BTR.

Ive got a Midas BTR on my 10/22 that I accidentally bought drunk shopping. it’s not a bad scope for a rimfire at all, just hate the lack of zero stop and SFP reticle for a gun I dial up and down constantly so the ares addresses both of those issues.

Midas Tac for $500 is a very good buy. Very different than your old Midas BTR. Everything on it is better.

The Midas line can be a bit confusing. Especially if you consider 1st gen. vs. 2nd gen. Unless you HAVE to have the open center, I'd go w/ the Ares every time. The cost difference is minimal it seems and the glass is a tad better. Although people rave about the Midas tactile knobs, which I think will be the only difference between the 1st and 2nd gen. BTRs. I removed the o rings on mine and I'm very happy with it. If I had Pais $2000, I might complain a little but not much. :geek:

Reactions: littlepod
The Midas line can be a bit confusing. Especially if you consider 1st gen. vs. 2nd gen. Unless you HAVE to have the open center, I'd go w/ the Ares every time. The cost difference is minimal it seems and the glass is a tad better. Although people rave about the Midas tactile knobs, which I think will be the only difference between the 1st and 2nd gen. BTRs. I removed the o rings on mine and I'm very happy with it. If I had Pais $2000, I might complain a little but not much. :geek:

What are you running now? I upgraded my BTR's to ETR's... floating dot and never going back :p

I found a local ares ETR (well 4 hours away, in Texas that’s local) for 750 (4.5-30) and I emailed him to see if it’s still there. If it is I’m going to go grab that one and call it a day.

Just did a ghetto setup and bbl break in on my T1x, I’m highly dissapointed in the amount of money I spent on my 10/22. Posting the picture in the 6x5 thread.

What are you running now? I upgraded my BTR's to ETR's... floating dot and never going back :p

The same BTR I sold yesterday. I had it for a future build but decided I was likely going to a NF NX8 at some point so I'd still have the one I currently have.

Edit: To clarify, I had two, one NIB and one on, and still is, my rifle. I sold the NIB that's been sitting in my office since I bought it.

Also, I prefer the smaller form factor of the BTR to the ETR. Otherwise I'd really consider an ETR or a Cronus.

Reactions: littlepod
I found a local ares ETR (well 4 hours away, in Texas that’s local) for 750 (4.5-30) and I emailed him to see if it’s still there. If it is I’m going to go grab that one and call it a day.

Just did a ghetto setup and bbl break in on my T1x, I’m highly dissapointed in the amount of money I spent on my 10/22. Posting the picture in the 6x5 thread.

That's a nice price.

Here's a link to a NIB BTR from a vendor. I think it includes the throw lever and level. I'd call to confirm. Either way, get a throw lever and probably a parallax wheel from him. My 2.5-15 parallax knob was super easy to rotate but both 4.5-27 were very stiff. The parallax wheel really helps and makes fine tuning so much easier. Best upgrade I didn't know I needed. HIGHLY recommend.

Jeff, the glass in the Midas TAC and Ares BTR is the same. Really the only thing you pay extra for with the Ares is the illumination. Personally I think the better turrets and capped windage make the Midas a better match optic but with the sale prices on the Ares they are hard to beat.

We just finished our 22 match season this past Sunday so my T1x is getting a bit of a remodel. I was doing so well with the rifle as it was I just didn’t want to make any major changes in the middle of the season. I just dropped it into the chassis that will be it’s new home this evening. Tomorrow it is off to the gunsmith for it’s new 16 1/2” bull barrel. The new chassis feels great and seems like it will be very comfortable to shoot. It is heavier than the Bravo but that is a good thing for me. The chassis did require some small modification but it was a matter of about 30 minutes with a 5/8” Forster bit and a file.

BB8CA8A2-50AA-43A4-A84C-CA14A126C516.jpeg

We just finished our 22 match season this past Sunday so my T1x is getting a bit of a remodel. I was doing so well with the rifle as it was I just didn’t want to make any major changes in the middle of the season. I just dropped it into the chassis that will be it’s new home this evening. Tomorrow it is off to the gunsmith for it’s new 16 1/2” bull barrel. The new chassis feels great and seems like it will be very comfortable to shoot. It is heavier than the Bravo but that is a good thing for me. The chassis did require some small modification but it was a matter of about 30 minutes with a 5/8” Forster bit and a file.

What barrel are you putting on?

With the announcement of XLR's black friday specials, I am considering an Element chassis for my T1X. I have only found a couple images of the T1X in an Element chassis, does anyone else have some pics they could share of their T1X in an Element?

What barrel are you putting on?

Lou, I bought a 16 1/2” Feddersen blank and I’m having my smith chamber it with the Eley EPS chamber then fitting it to my action. Based on how well the prefit Feddedsen barrels shoot on the 10/22’s I have shot I think the barrel has a whole lot of potential. If it doesn’t shoot then I guess I will pull it and just get a Bartlein but I don’t think that will be necessary. I honestly think that since I’m having it custom chambered and fit I will be able to get every drop of performance the barrel is capable of. I guess a Bartlein could potentially shoot a little better but it is also 3x the price. I just didn’t think the difference in performance is worth the additional cost for positional shooting. Now if I was shooting bench rest it would be another story. Honestly the factory barrel is more than adequate. Here is my 10yo son after going 10 for 10 shooting match sticks at 25 yards at the finale with his tikka. He clipped one and only got 1/2 point for that one but anyway you swing it that is an accurate rifle.
77C21323-CF2B-4DB6-B73B-60E8D4C19AF6.jpeg

Not on a Black Friday sale, but I did pick up a Bell & Carlson target stock for my T1X; in a Black w/ Red web. Should look pretty sweet!

Arghhh. We are getting so close. Good bipod, whenever I decide if I’m going with Harris or splurging on an atlas, Anarchy Outdoors 30moa base will be here in the morning, and then scope. Picked up some 34mm Leupold rings today because I ordered a CT Series 3 5-25. After looking at a bajillion reticles, the freakin minuscule dot in the middle of that one made me really tempted and I got 20% off so I figured I’d try it.

if I hate it, I’ll try something new. My current scope shopping criteria is tiny target dot, FFP, and zero stop. I figured I’d break the mold and try something different in the 1k range than the usual.

0CDA8C78-0387-466C-B61E-3C87284A7A81.jpeg

Who makes your suppressor man?
I did. Well sort of. It’s a Quitebore solvent trap that I filed a form 1 on and in less than 30 days was able to drill holes in it. It is the same exact design as their actual suppressors and it works great.
If you haven’t seen the thread in the suppressor forum you should check it out.

I did. Well sort of. It’s a Quitebore solvent trap that I filed a form 1 on and in less than 30 days was able to drill holes in it. It is the same exact design as their actual suppressors and it works great.
If you haven’t seen the thread in the suppressor forum you should check it out.

That's who I thought it was, I have their 22 can form 1'd, it's TINY, is that one the 30 cal can using a 1/2x28 adaptor or are my eyes just playing with me?

That's who I thought it was, I have their 22 can form 1'd, it's TINY, is that one the 30 cal can using a 1/2x28 adaptor or are my eyes just playing with me?
Haha your eyes are playing tricks on you. That is the tiny 22 can. Below is the 30cal, 9mm and 22 next to each other for comparison.
84529CC6-88AA-421F-9190-9D2E0D83B11C.jpeg

Well it isn’t “done done”, I’ll end up with a different bbl at some point and I’m still sitting on a junky bipod I found in my tool box, but damn I love how it feels and shoots. Still tinkering with the ejector spring trying to get just a little more force. 130 rounds through it this morning and had 4 fail to eject. No extraction or feeding problems since I resituated to magwell.

Pretty pleased overall on fit, feel, parts selection, and accuracy. Now just gotta squeeze out that last little bit of reliability.
3F691036-23AF-4728-AFEF-6A4B68EE7554.jpeg

Bolt handle is in the works.

Tikka T1x Extended Mag Release

This new offering from Tikka is great for those looking to compete in the ever growing NRL 22 game. While many have chosen to run their T1x in the base class, there are a multitude of chassis options available to those looking to get even more customization out of their rig.

This AICS style release was designed to allow the shooter to quickly change magazines, offer a bigger surface to manipulate (super helpful in the AICS mag well), and eliminate that annoying “hang up” that comes with the factory release.
Made of super fancy nylon material on a 3D printer stolen from the future, these releases are effing legit!
*Note, this release is not intended for use with the factory stock.

smallblack4__68745.1567958791.jpg

Last edited:
Got the T1x back from the gunsmith today and put about 50 rounds through it with no FTF. He said he removed a couple of burrs with one near the feed ramp and polished things up. I’m hoping that fixes it. I couldn’t shoot a 10 round mag without a FTF before.

Tikka T1x Extended Mag Release

This new offering from Tikka is great for those looking to compete in the ever growing NRL 22 game. While many have chosen to run their T1x in the base class, there are a multitude of chassis options available to those looking to get even more customization out of their rig.

This AICS style release was designed to allow the shooter to quickly change magazines, offer a bigger surface to manipulate (super helpful in the AICS mag well), and eliminate that annoying “hang up” that comes with the factory release.
Made of super fancy nylon material on a 3D printer stolen from the future, these releases are effing legit!
*Note, this release is not intended for use with the factory stock.

Nice, just ordered two. Link doesn't work though.

I’m going to have to take mine to the big range. My local one next to the house only goes out to 300 and I can bang 6” steel there like a champ. The longer range I belong to starts at 500 and has steel to 1k so I’d have to bring my own steel to hang up at shorter distances but if love to see how far I can get my 22.

Be sure you bring thin steel and target hit indicators if you have them. Beyond 300 hits start to get really hard to see. We have 22 ELR matches here once or twice a year and it is almost impossible to spot hits past 300 on Standard ar500 steel plates. I have been using old 12-14” saw blades hung from a shepherds hook. Those are still light enough that they will move when they are hit.

Be sure you bring thin steel and target hit indicators if you have them. Beyond 300 hits start to get really hard to see. We have 22 ELR matches here once or twice a year and it is almost impossible to spot hits past 300 on Standard ar500 steel plates. I have been using old 12-14” saw blades hung from a shepherds hook. Those are still light enough that they will move when they are hit.
They are starting to do 22 ELR matches in my area next year. Sounds like a ton of fun and I’m excited to try it.
What are you using for the longer distances for ammo and what are you using for a BC for the calculation?
They said they will have targets out as far as 500+ yards.

Strelok and ballistic AE have 22lr bullets in their database. From there, I just tweak like you do with centerfire. Get chrono data, 50, 100, 150, 200 and 300 dope and tweak away.

The drops are insane lol, it take so much to get to 300, I’m pretty sure at 400 I’d just be using the reticle because I’ll be out of adjustment.

I don’t shoot any supersonic ammo, my 10/22 eats a steady diet of Eley Target, it’s the favorite of that barrel below 10 bucks a box. The T1X I haven’t found its preferred ammo yet but it shoots the Eley well enough until my order comes in with various stuff to try.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
After getting the rifle assembled, there came a torrential rain that soaked the shooting range, so I have yet to shoot my T1X. Here she assembled with the two T3X upgrades the vertical grip, and larger beavertail forearm. The glass is an Optisan EVX 6-24X50 F1 FFP sitting on a DIP 25 MOA base, and the rings are SWFA low rings. The cheek rest is from Bradley.

IMG_0107.jpg

Strelok and ballistic AE have 22lr bullets in their database. From there, I just tweak like you do with centerfire. Get chrono data, 50, 100, 150, 200 and 300 dope and tweak away.

The drops are insane lol, it take so much to get to 300, I’m pretty sure at 400 I’d just be using the reticle because I’ll be out of adjustment.

I don’t shoot any supersonic ammo, my 10/22 eats a steady diet of Eley Target, it’s the favorite of that barrel below 10 bucks a box. The T1X I haven’t found its preferred ammo yet but it shoots the Eley well enough until my order comes in with various stuff to try.
Interesting and thank you. Just got my Tikka last weekend so I have only been able to get out once to shoot it with different ammo. Looks like mine likes the Eley ultra club whatever that is but no way am I going to feed that expensive stuff. It also liked the CCI standard and CCI subsonic. As for supersonic it only like the federal match at 1200fps.
I think I have settled on the CCI standard for now as it produced quite a few 5 shot groups at ~0.250” at 50 yards and ~0.500” 10 shot groups at 50 yards and just over 1” groups at 100 yards for 10 shots.
I have only been able to zero at 50yards and verify the APP is close at 100 yards when using 0.1BC G1
2F1EEBAA-493E-4840-B777-504DDD8CBCC4.png
. You are right; it is a ton of drop.

They tend to over estimate a bit but not a ton. I got the same calls for 300 from ballistic AE at 48.x moa. My actual dope with wolf Target and Eley Target is 44.x. 100 is right at 4.5-4.75 depending on temp.

Its close enough to get you started but BC ends up being tweaked much high on mine to get accurate data.

On another note, Eley target has the best chrono data I’ve ever seen for 7 bucks a box. I can’t remember extreme spread but over a box of 50 the SD was 8.9.

Probably going to have to go to supersonic ammo to go beyond 400/500. Good news is apparently .22lr handles supersonic to subsonic transition extremely well.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
They are starting to do 22 ELR matches in my area next year. Sounds like a ton of fun and I’m excited to try it.
What are you using for the longer distances for ammo and what are you using for a BC for the calculation?
They said they will have targets out as far as 500+ yards.

Most of the guys here are using Eley Force. We had one guy hit 5 of 5 at 450 using Force. It was technically a new world record but everyone was sharing wind calls so he didn’t want to pursue making it official as he didn’t feel it was a true record for that reason. It currently gave him bragging rights though. I think the farthest out we had hits was 500 yards.

One thing I will add is there is a significant difference in summer and winter performance of the Eley ammo. I like to shoot Eley Contact in the summer. In the winter the high velocity Eley ammo Force with the same bullet gives me the same performance I get out of Contact in the summer. Groups also tighten up a lot with the Force in the winter. I haven’t chronographed the force but my dope has it at about 1100 FPS with it being around 1175 in the summer.

Just ordered a T1X last night and also a KRG Bravo. Will order a Harris BRMS today, some extra mags, and maybe some of the ammo you guys have recommended. I have some Tenex, Midas plus, SK RM, and SK Biathlon "in stock". Trying to decide on a scope now. The Athlon Midas TAC 6-24 x 50 looks good. I like the floating dot. Maybe even the Midas TAC 5-25 x 56. Will that 34mm scope look out of place?