• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka T1X

What ammo?

CCI-SV for me is perfect. No issues. Center-X and any other lubed rounds do the same as yours.

I get a ftf with win m22(copper plated), about 1 every 50 rounds or so.

never happens with wax coated stuff(Eley Club, or RWS Target)

T1x chamber seems to bee pretty tight, makes sense looking at the accuracy

I know that every rifle is different but I also shoot SK standard +. I’m not sure the CCi will give me the accuracy that I am looking for but it’s worth investigating

I have had very good results with Eley Contact. It’s very accurate and reasonably priced. It also performs better at distance due to the heavier higher BC bullet. It shoots as good as any of the SK ammo I have tried. SK ammo shoots really well in my Tikka and exceptionally well in my CZ 457 but I just can’t get past the lube they use. I hate the stuff.

Reactions: ZCOklahoma
When someone sent their rifle back to beretta, they came back and said it was a torque issue. Try to lessen the torque on action screws down to like 25lbs?

I haven't had any feeding issues with SK or Eley. If your rifle likes the lube on CCI SV more than SK stuff, then I would recommend the Eley stuff, Target, Club, and Contact are all in the $5-6 range per box.

Finally got mine out for the first time in 22lr. Had broke the firing pin from dry firing, Beretta fixed it for free. Put 100 rounds Max thru it with the dead air mask suppressor at 50 yards. CCI sv gave me one jagged hole sometimes for 5 shots. 10 shot groups ended up about 3/4-1" at 50 yards. Had one 10 shot group at 100 yards to that was sub moa. All others were 1.5-3 inches. Stock stock. Just ordered the bravo.

OP, is your problem random or does it happen on a particular round in the mag? The ejector also has a direct impact on feeding as well as ejection. Sounds like your bolt is over riding the rim.

OP, is your problem random or does it happen on a particular round in the mag? The ejector also has a direct impact on feeding as well as ejection. Sounds like your bolt is over riding the rim.
My problem was random. Just dropped it off with a recommended gunsmith for a checkup.

Here it is. I love the XLR buttstock too. I am putting together a Tikka varmint 6.5 in a MDT ACC chassis. It's all weighted and balanced. I love it for the full size T3, I don't know if I'd like it as much on the T1x. That just me though.View attachment 7180148
How does the larger magwell do when trying to change magazines quickly? Has anyone made a 3d printed block or funnel to fill the void space yet?

I love the larger mag well. The magazine rides flush against where the trigger guard is so it's easy to align and push in.
IMG_20191116_121450.jpg

IMG_20191116_121507.jpg

It's n
How does the larger magwell do when trying to change magazines quickly? Has anyone made a 3d printed block or funnel to fill the void space yet?

It's no problem at all, I actually really like it and the mag sits almost flush with the bottom of the magwell. I was worried about filling the gap, but there is no reason to and it gives your fingers more room to release the mag.

Just a little shout out to @Just Chuck and his sharp shootin' today at the match. (y)

He must've cleared the KYL @ 46 yards and added some bonus points at 184 yards. Plus some other good shootin'.

I was 7/10 on the piano keys (½") at 211 yards w/ two 3 pointers (make the center (½") key spin 180*) but lost all my points on KYL. ?

1/2" wide. They are tall. It takes out a lot of the ammo inconsistency problem and makes it about the shooter dealing with wind.

That's still pretty crazy...

I did a 10 shot group at 203 yards, and it looks like 10 shots did shoot within 1.5" horizontal, 9 shot within 1" horizontal. But my vertical was 8 within 5.5" vertical spread, and counting the last 2 it was in 8.5".

That's still pretty crazy...

I did a 10 shot group at 203 yards, and it looks like 10 shots did shoot within 1.5" horizontal, 9 shot within 1" horizontal. But my vertical was 8 within 5.5" vertical spread, and counting the last 2 it was in 8.5".

CCI-SV. 'Cause there's no time for Center X's FTF at the wrong moment. :geek:

Working on that though. Coming soon to a T1X near you. o_O

100 yard groups with hornady 17hmr ammo. Not great but not the worst considering I was rushing due to time constraints. These were the last 10 rounds out of a total of 80 ish fired tonight from a brand new rifle and a nice hot barrel lol all in all though, I love this little rifle and it will be quite the p dog slayer
5D1819F2-DDEF-4C8B-AD23-43C245CF729C.jpeg
D03135E4-85E1-4CF1-AED2-7FBA29FC084F.jpeg

Reactions: Chadwhit
CCI-SV. 'Cause there's no time for Center X's FTF at the wrong moment. :geek:

Working on that though. Coming soon to a T1X near you. o_O

Nice. I still wish I could figure out these weird FTF issues you have wither Center-X. I have never had a FTF yet in my Tikka across my 3 magazines. The only thing maybe is your ejector wire is either too tight or a weird angle etc. I can't think of what else would cause weird FTF's especially just with C-X.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
What ammo runs the closest to the remington beanded Eley club xtra? Trying to find out what's the best replacement since it's now discontinued. I was getting one hole at 50 with it and sub moa at 100 so I am just trying to replicate it. Sk plus and eley club both did ok but weren't great. I have a little center x and sk match to try but was wondering if anyone has already done the switch? I am planning on getting some eley edge to try as well if those dont work well.

I really like my T1x, but like you I had consistent feeding problems every magazine. I tried moving the mag well as suggested and that was no help in my case. I changed ammunition from SK Standard Plus to CCI standard velocity and haven't had feeding problems since switching to the CCI. So it might be helpful to try different ammo types if you haven't already. Just wanted to give another data point.

I was having feeding issues too and backed off the action screws to around 25-30 inch pounds and it has seemed to greatly helped the problem.

Reactions: littlepod
New T1x 17hmr in a Bravo. Shoots pretty good so far. My groups are pretty similar to the 17 groups pictured above by @Krob95 but I don't have many rounds through mine either. I really like the T1x and the Bravo. A huge step up from the Savage 17 hmr I used to have.View attachment 7187212

I'm curious for those with the KRG Bravo, if the stock is heavy enough to stay steady on a bipod when lifting the bolt? it seems like in the factory stock, I shift the entire rifle every time I lift the bolt with the factory bolt knob. Seems like there's not enough leverage to pull it up without it moving the entire rifle since it's so light?

I'm curious for those with the KRG Bravo, if the stock is heavy enough to stay steady on a bipod when lifting the bolt? it seems like in the factory stock, I shift the entire rifle every time I lift the bolt with the factory bolt knob. Seems like there's not enough leverage to pull it up without it moving the entire rifle since it's so light?
I stay down on the gun when I rack the bolt so I haven’t had too many issues with the factory stock. But I could see the issue for sure as those bolts are quite stiff

Shot 50 rounds of gemtech 42 grain sub Sonic. 5, ten shot groups @ 100 yards. One was about 0.9 MOA, the other four around 1-1.5 MOA with vertical spread greater than horizontal. Only 200 rounds through it so far very pleased. 50 rounds CCI sv. Almost as good

Attachments

• 20191122_162032.jpg
    20191122_162032.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20191122_155305.jpg
    20191122_155305.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 136
Both the Saturday NRL22 match and Sunday's Hoser's dual matches have been cancelled this morning/today. Glad I checked before I left this morning.

Did anyone show up at CRGC for the NRL22 today?

It is still pretty light. I would agree with @Krob95 that if you stay down on the gun, it isn't too bad. I also agree that the bolt lift is a little stiff. I guess there is only one way to fix that..... shoot it until it smoothes out. :)

I did get a little more shooting in today. Tried CCI Green tag and Hornady 17 gr Vmax. Both shot fairly well with maybe the slight advantage to the CCI. Again my 10 shot groups at 100 yards are about equal to the 17 groups posted above.
DF0066DA-E07A-41F6-8C17-A0CEE46548D4_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Krob95
Took the 17 out today as well as the 22. Few target pics below.

Shooting SK + is Meh in the 22. I’ve got 1850rds if this stuff left before I swap barrels and start lot testing. I’ve got about 1500rds through this rig total. It was 37 degrees this morning and I was just looking to get some dope out to 200. Nothing really impressive other than one lucky group. All measurements are edge to edge and shot at 50yds
04602CD4-2DA4-4B26-9E5F-D81C4ED42F89.jpeg

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Now on to the 17. This is 15 of the first 20rds out of this rifle. This was shot with a magical lot of CCI A17 that I sadly only have 400rds left of. These were shot at 100yds. Measurements are edge to edge. I have the same aftermarket spring in both the 22 and 17 but the 17 is noticeably lighter. Prolly gonna swap them and hope it stays that way.

85C89491-AA50-4494-917C-DD8D358034A7.jpeg
591543FB-DB39-4881-BF88-7664ECD86D4B.jpeg
E1C50138-3621-4CFB-81CC-5FF99836777F.jpeg

Replacement firing pin? Since I'm pretty invested in my Tikka as my competition rig, I wanted to make sure I had a few extra parts for it and I was wondering how I could get some replacement parts. Mainly the ones getting a lot of wear and tear are going to be the firing pin and the extractor.

Any idea where I could get spare firing pin and extractor?

Also is dry firing bad for the T1X? I was doing it a ton, but now I'm scared of doing it.

Replacement firing pin? Since I'm pretty invested in my Tikka as my competition rig, I wanted to make sure I had a few extra parts for it and I was wondering how I could get some replacement parts. Mainly the ones getting a lot of wear and tear are going to be the firing pin and the extractor.

Also is dry firing bad for the T1X? I was doing it a ton, but now I'm scared of doing it.

You should NOT be dry firing without a snap cap of some sort on rimfires.

Not unless it was specifically designed to do so. My ruger american rimfire was, so you can do this with nothing in the chamber.

I had go Google search to find a firing pin 'assembly' for $65 after breaking my firing pin from what I assume was dry fire. Be nice if you could get just the firing pin.

Dinked with my extractor last night and might have solved the Center C feed issues. Will try tomorrow at the range.

Reactions: littlepod
So I’m a sucker for marketing and reading about the T1x and all of these posts, I picked one up today to add to my rimfire collection.

Ordered a KRG Bravo on the way home and a 30moa bade from Anarchy Outdoors. Searching for a bolt handle right now to see what styles I like. I’ll probably just stick with what works and put a Harris bipod under it but I may do a magpul, I have one magpul so far and I do like it, just a little taller than I prefer when it’s all the way down but with the pan locked it, it has the best controlled cant I’ve ever used.

Haven‘t decided on glass yet, I keep scrolling through the optics PX here and trying to decide what I want, I didn’t intend to drop a grand on a new rimfire when I woke up this morning so dropping another 6-800 on glass is kinda painful to me right now but I mean why half ass it Hahahaha.

So what’s everyone finding to be the preferred ammo for the factory bbl? Anything stand out or is it like every other rimfire and you gotta try em all? I’ve got a healthy stash of fgmm target and Eley target because that’s what my 10/22 loves. I’ll be placing a midway order soon though so I am going to order a few different brands to try out but wanted to narrow it down if possible.

Reactions: Near miss