• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

A question on the Oryx chassis - does the barrel length matter? I'm currently looking at a 16" T1X package deal, but intend to switch to an Oryx chassis soon after. Just checking whether the Oryx requires the 20" barrel.

I've never heard of Arken before now, but that optic looks really nice. It has pretty much every feature I'd want.

Do you know where they're made?
As far as I am able to research, the glass is Japanese but the other components are made and assembled in China.
Cheers and happy shooting.

I shoot with a guy who loves his Arkens. It is a nice scope and seems every bit as good as other scopes in that price range. If you don't have ammo, is it really a wait? If you do have ammo, I wouldn't be waiting on anything. Trigger time beats everything else.

It's very tempting. $400 for what they include is very good.

I'm just wary of getting optics from names I haven't heard before. :unsure:

I shoot with a guy who loves his Arkens. It is a nice scope and seems every bit as good as other scopes in that price range. If you don't have ammo, is it really a wait? If you do have ammo, I wouldn't be waiting on anything. Trigger time beats everything else.

4-6 weeks doesn't seem too bad when you put it like that.

What do you guys think of the Nightforce SHV F1 for the t1x in 17hmr? I have a t1x arriving within the next few days and that scope was what I had planned for it.

Use is strictly for punching paper and ringing some steel.

That reticle is from like 1920 man... Big no thanks on that

Any Tikka T1x local distributors out here?...
Having problems with my magazine not feeding in my T1x.
It hangs up on my 10rd magazine consistently, everytime?...
Tikka's contact info is less than easy to navigate...

Thinking of buying a KRG Bravo chassis in FDE for my T1x, however am I right in thinking that the Bravo mag well is designed for the AICS mags, so leaves a gaping 1" hole between the front of the T1X mag and the stock? If thats the case is there not a blanking plug that can be bought to finish the conversion off?

Thinking of buying a KRG Bravo chassis in FDE for my T1x, however am I right in thinking that the Bravo mag well is designed for the AICS mags, so leaves a gaping 1" hole between the front of the T1X mag and the stock? If thats the case is there not a blanking plug that can be bought to finish the conversion off?

There is a gap but it doesn't look abnormal and you need the space to access the T1x mag release in front of the mag.

The KRG T1x chasis is purposefully built for the T1x, so it works with those factory mags.
I spoke with them a while back about that...

Sounds promising. Anyone with the Bravo on a T1x able to upload of a photo of the magwell area?

Sounds promising. Anyone with the Bravo on a T1x able to upload of a photo of the magwell area?
2iZVRtv.jpg

I like the look of that mag base plate. What's your experience with it?
Just got 3 last week after ordering them in May. They feel like quality pieces and the install was simple. Definitely improve the look of the rifle in my opinion. If they function like the should, I will be happy.

Reactions: Sc0-
Just got 3 last week after ordering them in May. They feel like quality pieces and the install was simple. Definitely improve the look of the rifle in my opinion. If they function like the should, I will be happy.

I like the look. Are those the DIP bases that limit mag capacity to 6?

The mag well looks better than I expected, I wouldn't mind a longer release catch, that way the hole could be reduced, plus easier to operate with gloves.

The mag well looks better than I expected, I wouldn't mind a longer release catch, that way the hole could be reduced, plus easier to operate with gloves.

Something like this?

I just designed and test printed a larger magazine release for the Tikka t1x. It is designed to work with the KRG Bravo stock but might work with other stocks using a +21mm magazine well.
Makes it easier to drop the magazine with gloves and also drops the magazine right away without "snagging" it as the original release does.
View attachment 7447111
View attachment 7447112

Maybe Dewil would be willing to print some up to sell to us or share his file so someone here in the states could print them.

Reactions: FCSA-UK and Dewil

There's one out there, I think mountain tactical makes it.

Edit: quick google search, Mountain Tactical makes an aluminum release and Anarchy Outdoors makes a 3d printed polymer release.

I have the Anarchy Outdoors magazine release, and it is the perfect width and length for the KRG Bravo magazine well. It doesn't protrude below the stock, so you won't accidentally bump it on a barricade or anything, but it fills the mag well so all you have to do is stick your finger anywhere in there and press back. It also allows the magazine to drop free, which the factory mag release did not quite do.

Reactions: MC56
@FCSA-UK, that is the Anarchy Outdoors extended release in the KRG Bravo picture I posted above.

I had not seen that Mountain Tactical release. I think I'll order one and give it a try. I like usually like the feel of aluminum better.

Something like this?

Maybe Dewil would be willing to print some up to sell to us or share his file so someone here in the states could print them.

Shipping from Sweden might be unnecessarily expensive. The file is on thingiverse.com (its free to register and download). I will upload a v2 version with a tad longer "latch" that keeps the mag very snug and secure.

Link to the thing: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4625773

Last edited:
I've spent about 6,000 the last couple of months on scopes, guns parts, scope rings, you name it and don't really want to spend too much more on this:

My T1x 16" is in the standard stock. Looking for about 1 extra inch on length of pull and also a cheek raiser. Cheap, but still effective, would be good. Please don't suggest a new stock. I'm thinking $50 for this.

Most of my shooting with this is prone but I'm unable to hold the rifle into my shoulder or get a good cheek weld with the stock as it is at the moment.

I know I can get a recoil pad in a boot which fits over the end of the buttstock and I know I can get cheek risers which wrap around the butt. However I'm thinking if I were to use both, the recoil pad boot and the cheek riser would overlap and not be comfortable.

Any ideas?

@Biscuits, the T1X is simply a stupid good rifle for the cost. Limbsaver slip on pad will give you an inch for $30-40. Check the Victor Co. cheek riser with inserts about $30.00. Also if you go to the Beretta site there is a grip option that allows a much more vertical grip. They often have sales that include the T1X mags. Think Black Fri. Have fun.

Thats much better, I really need the extra length on the stock as my eye ends up too close to the scope otherwise. I see Beretta are selling them for $20 in the US, and the equivalent of $40 here in the UK... jees.

Thats much better, I really need the extra length on the stock as my eye ends up too close to the scope otherwise. I see Beretta are selling them for $20 in the US, and the equivalent of $40 here in the UK... jees.

I am in Canada, it comes to about $50 by the time all is said and done for the T3X pad but it's worth it for that extra bit of LOP. I have the exact same setup as 545riflefan, with the pad, the Victor cheek riser and the pistol grip. All worthy upgrades in my opinion.

I'm starting to think maybe I should just get a slip on butt pad with neoprene spacers and a velcro on comb raiser.... if my daughter starts shooting this rifle (she's 10) then I'll need a kids size rifle again.

I have a bradley cheek rest and its great. A bit pricey but worth it.

I'm starting to think maybe I should just get a slip on butt pad with neoprene spacers and a velcro on comb raiser.... if my daughter starts shooting this rifle (she's 10) then I'll need a kids size rifle again.

The Limbsaver can be increased in length, marginally, with inserts. I didn't buy mine for the T1X. I already had it and it's been used on many different rifles and shotguns. It is a versatile piece of kit to have around. The Victor cheekrest has additional inserts available if your daughter needs more rise. They're about ten bucks.

I've spent about 6,000 the last couple of months on scopes, guns parts, scope rings, you name it and don't really want to spend too much more on this:

My T1x 16" is in the standard stock. Looking for about 1 extra inch on length of pull and also a cheek raiser. Cheap, but still effective, would be good. Please don't suggest a new stock. I'm thinking $50 for this.

Most of my shooting with this is prone but I'm unable to hold the rifle into my shoulder or get a good cheek weld with the stock as it is at the moment.

I know I can get a recoil pad in a boot which fits over the end of the buttstock and I know I can get cheek risers which wrap around the butt. However I'm thinking if I were to use both, the recoil pad boot and the cheek riser would overlap and not be comfortable.

Any ideas?
Find a CTR stock for cheap on Ebay I think I paid $25.00 for one. Rob the recoil pad and cheek piece off of it.

What he said, i robbed a recoil pad and cheek rest from a OEM T3X Varmint. Only thing left to do is to reinforce the forend to minimize flex.

Does anyone have any word on when the left hand models are expected to start arriving? Europtic said the 4th quarter so I was expecting them 29 days ago.

Hi everyone,
This is the first time i'm building a "long range" setup. I already have a Area419 30 MOA rail and a Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 MIL. According to manufacturer the scope has 32 MIL (=110 MOA) of elevation travel. I plan to put a 20.6 MOA Spuhr mount on it, and zero the rifle at 50 m.

Does it sound OK for you? I need to be 100% sure because my shooting range is closed and I won't be able to return the mount by the time I had the chance to zero the rifle. Thanks!

Does anyone have any word on when the left hand models are expected to start arriving? Europtic said the 4th quarter so I was expecting them 29 days ago.

+1000!!! I'd buy one today, if they got them in. I need a LH plinker bolt gun, hate Savage actions/triggers, love my Tikka T3x, they need to get the LH .22lr models to the US. It's interesting that they do have the 17 HMR LH in stock at Eurooptic, but not .22lr.

Reactions: BuckeyeSniper
+1000!!! I'd buy one today, if they got them in. I need a LH plinker bolt gun, hate Savage actions/triggers, love my Tikka T3x, they need to get the LH .22lr models to the US. It's interesting that they do have the 17 HMR LH in stock at Eurooptic, but not .22lr.

Here in Canada the 17 HMR LH landed a couple of months back. My suggestion, as I have done, is to grab one of those and re-barrel with a .22 LR barrel IF you had any intention of doing that at some point anyhow. Otherwise the wait will be until next summer we have been told and we surprisingly seem to get Tikka a little before you folks in the USA.

You'll need the .22 LR magazines and that's it.

Reactions: 37841anarchy
Here in Canada the 17 HMR LH landed a couple of months back. My suggestion, as I have done, is to grab one of those and re-barrel with a .22 LR barrel IF you had any intention of doing that at some point anyhow. Otherwise the wait will be until next summer we have been told and we surprisingly seem to get Tikka a little before you folks in the USA.

Not a bad idea...didn't realize you could use the same bolt for 17 HMR and .22lr.

What are the top barrel choices for rebarreling a T1x?

Reactions: adamjma
Hi everyone,
This is the first time i'm building a "long range" setup. I already have a Area419 30 MOA rail and a Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 MIL. According to manufacturer the scope has 32 MIL (=110 MOA) of elevation travel. I plan to put a 20.6 MOA Spuhr mount on it, and zero the rifle at 50 m.

Does it sound OK for you? I need to be 100% sure because my shooting range is closed and I won't be able to return the mount by the time I had the chance to zero the rifle. Thanks!

Take a look at this :

Reactions: Olivier1

That's exactly what I'm doing with mine. I already have a couple 22lr mags in hand, just waiting on my barrel from IBI.

Reactions: adamjma