• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

...and mine will be staying in the factory stock.

That is good to hear you've been able to get such great accuracy with the factory stock. Although I finally ordered a Vudoo as I was tired of waiting for LH options, I may still get one of these as a LW rifle if they ever get the LH ones here. I'm also addicted to Tikka actions in general.

That is good to hear you've been able to get such great accuracy with the factory stock. Although I finally ordered a Vudoo as I was tired of waiting for LH options, I may still get one of these as a LW rifle if they ever get the LH ones here. I'm also addicted to Tikka actions in general.
I’m an equal opportunity rimfire guy. I like to try them all. Tikka makes a great rifle but I think I’m down to one Sl 7mm Rem and the T1X. Seekins rifles have taken over most of my centerfire uses.

Reactions: CountryShooter
Went to shoot my first NRL match this weekend. Head over to the sight in range and my first trigger pull, firing pin breaks. Sent a message to Beretta and they dropped a new firing pin to me in the mail. Simple Customer service experience.
Where did you send the message? On their website? My firing pin broke.

Has anyone put the tikka T1x in the oryx tikka chaasis for tikka short actions? Im curious if i can “share” a chassis for a bit until i can purchase another chassis.

It can be done, I believe MDT actually started inletting their T3 chassis to work with the T1x after a while (but don’t quote me on that).

I have my T1x in a T3 Oryx chassis (pre inlet update) and the action and trigger fit without the magwell attached as they are the same footprint, but you will need to remove some material where the bolt head holding the magwell interferes with the chassis if you want to use mags.

You will also need to remove the chassis mag latch and do some clearancing on the rear wall of the chassis magwell to be able to fit a T1x mag in there.

It would be a bit of a PITA swapping back and forth (probably 10 minutes give or take), but certainly doable.

I set up my T1X to be a trainer for my Sako TRG. I dropped it in a KRG Bravo stock (Sako green of course) and mounted the same 3-12 scope in an AI dovetail mount. It feels VERY similar to my TRG.

I got out this past weekend with a buddy and put 140 rounds through it. I was tickled with the way it shot. A pleasingly consistent 10 round group at 50 yards off a bipod and rear bag. I also shot some 5 shot groups at 100 yards, one inch circle targets. I love this rifle!

I have a TRG and looking hard at a Tikka in a KRG as a trainer.

Does the KRG take the TRG bipod?

Got home with my new t1x and took it apart to inspect and was adjusting the trigger weight when the mag catch exploded. I have the pin and the release lever but can’t find the spring anywhere. Anyone know what size that spring is?

C80068F5-27EB-4BA1-BE76-6F4E98BBD761.jpeg
61846E7B-81C9-4D49-8D10-E3B3A6670B98.jpeg

Quick zero and straight to 400 yards. 17 hmr sure dosnt do much to 8” steel at 400. Time to start shooting vermin.

I ordered a 20" barreled T1X this morning from GrabAGun. They were the only people that had one listed in stock.
I checked Euro Optic first, but they showed Out Of Stock...
Hopefully I'll have it around the 15th or so.

I ordered from gunzonedeals, it shipped within a day or two and made it to my ffl in less than a week. I’d have preferred to buy locally but no one had one in stock or could even get one in a timely manner that I could find. Gunzonedeals had free shipping and a good price.

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
Anyone who has put the T3x recoil pad on their T1x to increase length of pull:

Just got a T3x recoil pad in the mail. The two screw holes in the T3x pad are not countersunk, so unless I drill down the screws which came with the T1x aren't long enough and they would stick out.

Before I drill too much as wreck the T3x recoil pad..... what did you do to get it to fit on the T1x?

T3x pad on one of my T1x. The other T1x has the factory plastic on it for comparison. T3x pad is a drop in fit and works perfect with the T1x stock.

0321191246a.jpg

Anyone who has put the T3x recoil pad on their T1x to increase length of pull:

Just got a T3x recoil pad in the mail. The two screw holes in the T3x pad are not countersunk, so unless I drill down the screws which came with the T1x aren't long enough and they would stick out.

Before I drill too much as wreck the T3x recoil pad..... what did you do to get it to fit on the T1x?

KoD is correct. It will fit - you just need to put a little dish soap on the screw heads to help them sink through the rubber of the pad to the plastic backing plate. You will feel them drive home into the stock threads and torque up. Just be sure not to over tighten and strip the threads. Manual Phillips screw driver only - absolutely no need for a drill!

Last edited:
I know there are a few mods you need to do to make the t3 Bravo stock fit a T1x. Has anyone ever done the opposite and tried to use a t1x bravo stock for a t3 rifle. I have a t1x set up for a trainer but would like to drop my t3 308 in it and use reduced loads for my daughter to hunt with.

I know there are a few mods you need to do to make the t3 Bravo stock fit a T1x. Has anyone ever done the opposite and tried to use a t1x bravo stock for a t3 rifle. I have a t1x set up for a trainer but would like to drop my t3 308 in it and use reduced loads for my daughter to hunt with.

Magwell would probably be your biggest problem. If you were single feeding only, I see no reason why it wouldn’t work as the action footprint are the same between t1x/t3

Not gonna work going from t1x to t3, the t1x bravo doesn't have the magazine well lever because its built in on the T1x action, and it's missing metal to even put in a mag lever for t3 setup.

Heres my t3 bravo being used for a t1x
201905252.jpg

Yes it would have to be single fed but I was just wondering if it would drop in and bolt down with no mods.

Magwell would probably be your biggest problem. If you were single feeding only, I see no reason why it wouldn’t work as the action footprint are the same between t1x/t3
Not gonna work going from t1x to t3, the t1x bravo doesn't have the magazine well lever because its built in on the T1x action, and it's missing metal to even put in a mag lever for t3 setup.

Heres my t3 bravo being used for a t1x
View attachment 7492158

Has anyone had issues suppressing their T1x? I am getting a huge POI shift...we're talking feet at only around 30yds. Same suppressor is dead nuts on when on my 22/45.

I've shot countless rounds out of the three T1x I have had and all shot more accurate suppressed. POI change was insignificant. Use a Sparrow.

0310191440.jpg

0316191513.jpg

Shot mine with a Dead Air Mask owned by a friend. Miniscule amount of POI shift (tenth mil, maybe) noticed. Accuracy was great.

Has anyone had issues suppressing their T1x? I am getting a huge POI shift...we're talking feet at only around 30yds. Same suppressor is dead nuts on when on my 22/45.

Did you look to see if you were getting baffle strikes? It may be possible that the threads on the end of the barrel are not centered to the bore.

Did you look to see if you were getting baffle strikes? It may be possible that the threads on the end of the barrel are not centered to the bore.
I did not see any evidence of baffle strikes. I'm going to check more closely. Suppressor is a Texas Silencer Scoundrel

Bummer. Mine showed as delivered pretty quickly, but it turns out it wasn’t actually delivered to my ffl and the tracking doesn’t show the address of where they sent it. Gunzonedeals has been pretty much non-responsive.

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi. I'm getting my first Tikka, order it on Black Friday, along with a chassis and few other accessories and should be here this week. Was into the 3 gun game but when Trudeau banned AR's I decided to get into rimfires. I'm pretty excited about getting into something new and the learning, and going balls deep in this. So expect a few dumb question but I'll do my best to limit them

I've never seen what a strike on a suppressor looks like, but that looks like one to me. Did you contact anyone at Texas Silencer to see what they think?

I've never seen what a strike on a suppressor looks like, but that looks like one to me. Did you contact anyone at Texas Silencer to see what they think?
Called them 6 times this week, left them two voicemails...nothing yet. Disappointing. That's what I get for taking a chance with limited reviews/info and impulse buying what was available at the moment....damn you Kettle One. I have a Dead Air Mask in jail right now...probably going to order another soon.

Looks like a minor baffle strike to me.
Do you think it is enough to throw POI off by a few feet at 50yds?

Texas Silencer reached out to me this morning after sending them an email and posting about it on a facebook group. I'm going to be sending it to them for inspection/repair after the holidays.

I got my Tikka in on Friday and the 30 MOA rail will be here on Wednesday.
I will be running an Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24 X 50 scope with the sunshield and Vortex Defender Caps.
What height rings will work ?
I'd like to get the rings ordered ASAP

I got my Tikka in on Friday and the 30 MOA rail will be here on Wednesday.
I will be running an Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24 X 50 scope with the sunshield and Vortex Defender Caps.
What height rings will work ?
I'd like to get the rings ordered ASAP

I used These for my Bushnell scope which is similar to yours. Still has enough clearance to add a scope cover.

Welp, I guess this would explain the POI shift...

Im45Ywn.jpg

It looks the same on my .22 SBR. It is the suppressor, not the rifle.

VjChT50.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Sc0-