• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

My prs/nrl rig. MDT LSS, Arken EP5 5-25. Got the factory trigger down to about 1lb. Absolutely loves Eley semi auto benchrest outlaw
20230414_203335.jpg

Attachments

• 20230425_174034.jpg
    20230425_174034.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 113
I've got one on my T1x and I have max stack of spacers on there, with the stock, stock. It looks great, looks like it was part of it
For those that have the Victor Company Cheek Rest have you found any clearance issues in regards to bolt removal and/or inserting a bore guide for cleaning? I like the clean look of the Victor cheek rest but concerned about causing clearance issues. I don't want to be constantly removing it for maintenance. Thinking of getting the Kalixtechnik instead because of this but don't like the look (or cost) as much.

For those that have the Victor Company Cheek Rest have you found any clearance issues in regards to bolt removal and/or inserting a bore guide for cleaning? I like the clean look of the Victor cheek rest but concerned about causing clearance issues. I don't want to be constantly removing it for maintenance. Thinking of getting the Kalixtechnik instead because of this but don't like the look (or cost) as much.
none, and I have maxed out spacers and I think one more than what the official max is

the victor co is slick af, looks good

none, and I have maxed out spacers and I think one more than what the official max is

the victor co is slick af, looks good
Thanks for the reply. I was sure I read somewhere that people had had issues but I was not able to find those comments again so I must have been mistaken. Happy to hear that it wont cause any issues and sounds like the way to go.

I positioned mine so the bolt could be removed with the cheek rest in place.

For cleaning I do remove it but I didn't use the drywall screws they included. I bought a pack of threaded rivet nuts and machine screws. I then drilled undersized holes in the top of the comb then placed each rivet nut on a soldering iron to heat them up then pressed them in to each hole. As long as you don't tighten the screws with gorilla strength the nuts hold up fine.

I positioned mine so the bolt could be removed with the cheek rest in place.

For cleaning I do remove it but I didn't use the drywall screws they included. I bought a pack of threaded rivet nuts and machine screws. I then drilled undersized holes in the top of the comb then placed each rivet nut on a soldering iron to heat them up then pressed them in to each hole. As long as you don't tighten the screws with gorilla strength the nuts hold up fine.
This is what I'm concerned about. I'm not real comfortable putting the drywall screws in to start with and then the thought of having to taylor a solution doesn't excite me either. The Kalixtechnik looks like a great solution but I am starting to think that by the time I buy that and the front grip and vertical pistol grip I may as well start considering a chassis like the Oryx.

I had the Victor Co. cheek rest on mine, as well as the forend and vertical grip. I like my KRG Bravo a lot better though, so my factory stock pretty much just collects dust in the basement.

Got mine decked out w/ vertical grip, recoil pad, wide front, DIP knob, and trigger spring (just adjusted it till it felt right, haven’t had it on a pull scale yet).

Have it torqued at 25 in/lbs. going to take my fat wrench to the range next time and play with that a bit.

I need to just shoot the snot out of it. Best group I had the other day was .620” for 10 with Eley Target.

Sorta like this setup. I’ve got a Bravo on a Bighorn/.22BR and love it for what I do with it, but I’d still take this rig squirrel hunting.
IMG_0121.jpeg

Hey guys, new to tikka T1x after receiving from wife as a anniversary gift. I'm the new owner of a T1x with 16 inch barrel and I love how it shoots but hate the stock. Was looking at replacing and thought I would ask here what works instead of doing hours of searching. Was liking the MDT but how is it with short barrel or am I over thinking the look. TIA

I’ve got a Bravo on a .22BR. Buddy has the MDT version on a .223AI. Neither sucks.
I put the upgraded pictured above on my T1X and it changed personality as well as aesthetics.

Reactions: Libr8t
Hey guys, new to tikka T1x after receiving from wife as a anniversary gift. I'm the new owner of a T1x with 16 inch barrel and I love how it shoots but hate the stock. Was looking at replacing and thought I would ask here what works instead of doing hours of searching. Was liking the MDT but how is it with short barrel or am I over thinking the look. TIA
20230415_104246.jpg

My 20" t1x in the MDT xrs. My can is 5.6" long so you have some scale. Have a coworker that has the 16" in the same chassis and it works.

Ordered the ep5 scope for mine and should be in Friday. Probably won't be able to get it mounted right away. Working on changing out flooring in my house.

Hey guys, new to tikka T1x after receiving from wife as an anniversary gift. I'm the new owner of a T1x with 16 inch barrel and I love how it shoots but hate the stock. Was looking at replacing and thought I would ask here what works instead of doing hours of searching. Was liking the MDT but how is it with short barrel or am I over thinking the look. TIA
16” in KRG
IMG_0990.jpeg

Has anyone tried dropping one of these into a tac a1 chassis?

When my KGM RF22 was released from jail I ended up bringing home a Tikka T1X in 17HMR at the same time. I threw her into an iota Kremlin stock, topped her off with a Sig Tango6, and she shoots 10 shot groups into MOA at 100 yards. It’s been a real joy to own.

5BAE873A-8E81-4D45-836C-614742F3469E.jpeg

I love my t1x, I dropped in the titanium firing pin and shoot it with a banish 22 or a mask 22 (16” barrel). I just ordered a dip rail so I’ll throw on my SWFA 6x and drop it into a krg bravo.

I use a Tikka T1X beside my T3X CTR as a trainer rifle.

Love the precision combined with the GRS Bifrost ans Athlon Talos 4-14 scope.

Grouping after First shot and then zero in @100.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20200402_153649_241.jpg
    IMG_20200402_153649_241.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20190911_193319_937.jpg
    IMG_20190911_193319_937.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: CPTmorgan
Can someone give me the quick and dirty rundown of of which Tikka centerfire inlets the T1x is compatible with? The Tikka nomenclature (T3, T3x, CTR...) has my head spinning.

Options are limited, as a lefty. Looking at the Boyd's ProVarmint inletted for the "T3, detachable box magazine." I know the area for the magwell will probably need to be widened a hair - not a big deal.

If you know the answer, you'll probably also be able to tell me if the aftermarket T1x bottom metal from DIP or Mountain Tactical is a direct swap over to the new stock as well.

Thanks in advance to the Tikka brainiac with the answers.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Edith:
The T1X will fit every T3X ( non CTR ) stock. With CTR stock, there will be a little gap between stock and bottom plate.

German Gun Stock and GRS Bifrost / Warg and MDT's XRS are some I know which manufacture perfect fitting stock's extra for T1X, without any gap

Last edited:
I never really noticed a gap between stock and bottom plate when fitting T1 into a T3 stock. Wonder why they would do that? I mostly use CTR stock and use the PSE alu T1X/CTR floorplate.
edi

Well, I have to correct myself, you are right.

This is what a T1X with Tikka bottom plate looks in a T3X CTR stock. Ordered a GRS Bifrost especially for T1X and the gap was gone. Maybe the T3X non CTR inlet ist the same as T1X.

Attachments

• IMG-20200330-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200330-WA0003.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Reactions: ejg
Can someone give me the quick and dirty rundown of of which Tikka centerfire inlets the T1x is compatible with? The Tikka nomenclature (T3, T3x, CTR...) has my head spinning.

Options are limited, as a lefty. Looking at the Boyd's ProVarmint inletted for the "T3, detachable box magazine." I know the area for the magwell will probably need to be widened a hair - not a big deal.

If you know the answer, you'll probably also be able to tell me if the aftermarket T1x bottom metal from DIP or Mountain Tactical is a direct swap over to the new stock as well.

Thanks in advance to the Tikka brainiac with the answers.
For a quick rundown on t3 vs all of the others check out this post. Basically all of the t3 actions are the same for the action itself. Magazine wells change.

As far as being a lefty you generally can left hand convert a right handed one. For my krg whiskey 3 for my T3x it was just the bolt handle cut out. Haven't tried to put my t1x in it.
20220705_222413.jpg

For my lefty t1x in the MDT xrs t1x rh cut inlet I had to do a little more work. Safety area along with the bolt handle cutout. I used my Foredom rotary tool to do the cutting (fancy foot switch shaft dremel).
20230415_085409.jpg

Used some of the wife's black nail polish to cover. I really need to take an updated picture with my ep5.
20230415_104246.jpg

I think for some t3 inlets for a T1x (especially for lh) you might have to remove the magazine release, cut out bolt handle clearance, cut out safety clearance, or some you have to remove a little material in bottom to clearance for the T1x mag well. For the left hand parts just mirror what is there on the right side. Work slowly and check the fit multiple times. Left hand converting will leave some more open areas where the right hand stuslff is but that is the cost we have for being left handed.

Reactions: keenedge and Sc0-
Anyone able to tell me how the balance point is with the T1x in a KRG Bravo stock?? Would the stock need the heavy ARCA rail to balance the rifle to shoot positional off barricades?

Well, I have to correct myself, you are right.

This is what a T1X with Tikka bottom plate looks in a T3X CTR stock. Ordered a GRS Bifrost especially for T1X and the gap was gone. Maybe the T3X non CTR inlet ist the same as T1X.
All of my Tikka rifles have aics mag system, all CTR inlet mostly with Atlasworx aics/CTR. So we made a floorplate for the T1X that would fit the inlet to avoid the gap you mentioned.
edi

e4pdzm6.jpg

Anyone tried the T1x NDR 15rd mags? Just got mine today, haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet but I'm pumped to have a 15rd option.

Attachments

• PXL_20230919_022839911.jpg
    PXL_20230919_022839911.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 95
  • PXL_20230919_022915722.jpg
    PXL_20230919_022915722.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 111
Anyone tried the T1x NDR 15rd mags? Just got mine today, haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet but I'm pumped to have a 15rd option.
Their website said they won't ship to the USA. Find another source or are you in Canada?

Cool, they added a US website now.

Spendy, but not that much more than a factory mag and add on extender.
I agree, little pricey but I have not had good success with the factory mag and extensions. Had one fall off in the middle of a stage so that was the end of that. If this runs it's worth it in my opinion

Reactions: 6.5SH
Took my T1X to the range for a little shooting a few days ago, was shooting up partial boxes of various ammo, CCI, S-K, Eley all performed as expected, The Eley Team I used did good as seen on the target, last 15 rounds was Lapua Midas+ which did awesome I fired these after I had shot the other ammos. The rifle has a 36x Sightron, 8 oz trigger, bipod and bag, I was quite pleased.

Attachments

• 20230921_160907.jpg
    20230921_160907.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 20230916_162443.jpg
    20230916_162443.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20230920_174949.jpg
    20230920_174949.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 97
Has anyone had issues with the bolt release pin falling out when cycling the bolt (i.e. when barreled action is installed and cycled you end up with the bolt removed and the bolt release and spring just sitting there not held in. I have to take the stock off to reclaim the pin).

It's supposed to be supported with the stock. It keeps falling out. Beretta says they show '1' in stock and will send it if they "actually" have it.
IMG_0892.jpeg
IMG_0891.jpeg
IMG_0890.jpeg
IMG_0889.jpeg

@6.5SH well fuck me....

@guosim did you get this resolved? Looks like I'm having the same issue...

Is there an option to buy a left handed T1X without the chasis/stock? Just action only?

And.. are we allowed to post hunting pictures in these threads?

@USMC22 I feel like a drop of silver solder would keep it in place. Then break it off if you ever need to remove it.

Has anyone got a good 2 stage trigger for the T1x?

Does the Timney T3X 2-Stage fit in well with a KRG Bravo chassis?

@USMC22 I feel like a drop of silver solder would keep it in place. Then break it off if you ever need to remove it.

Has anyone got a good 2 stage trigger for the T1x?

Does the Timney T3X 2-Stage fit in well with a KRG Bravo chassis?
Back on page 100 someone was talking about the timney works for them. Krg also makes the midas trigger. That would likely fit as well

Reactions: Beardsli
@LeftyJason that may be a last resort. I almost pulled the trigger on some more pins but shipping was going to be as much as the pins. I'm going to see what the parts kit brings. EuroOptic sent me an e-mail updating me that they'd (Beretta) had shipped them and if it didn't remedy the issue they'd make it right (big relief).

I did cancel the Grayboe Phoenix 2.0 stock for it. I'm going to use that money toward a Vudoo or RimX. I'm so far down the 22 rabbit hole at this point it'd have been cheaper between all the CZ's, this Tikka T1X and others over time.

Got a UPS Shipment Notice that I'll be receiving a package from Beretta tomorrow. . . should be a new bolt release assembly as they "don't have the pin" as a separate line item.

Got the replacement bolt release group. Did not solve the issue. Stripped the Tikka T1X back to factory and put a nice bundle in the classifieds under rimfire.
IMG_0957.jpeg
IMG_0958.jpeg
IMG_0959.jpeg
IMG_0960.jpeg

I agree, little pricey but I have not had good success with the factory mag and extensions. Had one fall off in the middle of a stage so that was the end of that. If this runs it's worth it in my opinion
You give that NDR magazine a try yet?

I have, full disclosure it was only 30rds running ammo through it and 30rds actually shooting it. Had a couple sticks when I was just running the ammo through. No issues at all when actually shooting. I was probably running the bolt a little harder then. I have an NRL22 match next weekend I can update after that!

Played around with Tuner settings this morning .
Changing the original Stock for a Super Varmint Stock has altered where I need to set the Tuner to , so I've had to start all over again .
Narrowed it down some this morning , but will need to more testing to confirm .

T3Y3irg.jpg

I shot an Nrl22 match yesterday. I only used the NDR mag. 8 out of 9 stages it was flawless. On the last stage of the day the first round took a nose dive into the feed ramp. Pulled the mag, pulled that round out and then it ran great. I've had that happen once or twice with my factory mags too unfortunately. Time will tell but the mag has been pretty good in my opinion so far. It was nice not having to reload on 12rd stages and one 15rd stages.

Reactions: 6.5SH