• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Spent time on the range this after for the first time with my new T1X, it lived up to all expectations. I’ve mounted to the stock chassis a Vortex PST scope on a 11mm Magpul 11mm rail (slightly modified), Harris bipod, Tikka T3x vertical pistol grip. The Silencerco Sparrow fits perfectly tight right up to the barrel with no timing issues.

My only gripe is the Tikka 22LR mag miss fed about 10 or 12 rounds out for the 100 rounds fired. Definitely worth the nearly 1-year wait.

Nice groups. What ammo were you shooting? My T1x is under the Christmas tree. I will be on the range next week with it.

Nice groups. What ammo were you shooting? My T1x is under the Christmas tree. I will be on the range next week with it.

Using CCI Subsonic HP 22LR, my T1X loves it. Going back to the range this afternoon, I’m going to compare a few different loads to the CCI Subsonic HP including Wolf Match Extra. Also going to take my chronometer to start building a dope sheet.

If someone is thinking about buying the GRS Berserk stock for their T1x Euro Optic just released a sale on them at 25% off. I was planning to try the factory stock for awhile, but couldn’t pass up that deal.

This photo compares the CCI Subsonic HP with the Wolf Match Extra. Both pretty good, Wolf group might be oh so slightly better.

Attachments

• D3FE2709-CCA1-49BA-8E89-FAC8E733FA85.jpeg
    D3FE2709-CCA1-49BA-8E89-FAC8E733FA85.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 368
Reactions: scocoabeach
If someone is thinking about buying the GRS Berserk stock for their T1x Euro Optic just released a sale on them at 25% off. I was planning to try the factory stock for awhile, but couldn’t pass up that deal.

Thanks for the heads-up. Grabbed one of the brown ones.

Picked up my .17hmr from my ffl. Gun feels great and the factory stock isn't the worst. I swapped the vertical grip on to it from my ctr stock and threaded my suppressor on the end. It feels really good but I will still upgrade the stock at some point. Have some scope rings coming in Mon. I expect this to be one of my favorite rifles and I will be buying a .22 version when they are more available or the 16" is released.

What distance were the groups shot at?
25 yds. 50 yds was about the same after a
couple sighters. Then things went sideways. Just to get started shooting because the T1X down come with a rail, I needed a rail; the armour at my range adapted an off the shelf 11mm dovetail rail that worked very well for the first 300 to 500 rounds then rail started torquing left and right. The armour at A3 has ordered rails from EGW and DP for a possible solution until the Tikka community produce the ideal benchmark solution. I should be sack on the 50 and 100 yd range this weekend and report back.

25 yds. 50 yds was about the same after a
couple sighters. Then things went sideways. Just to get started shooting because the T1X down come with a rail, I needed a rail; the armour at my range adapted an off the shelf 11mm dovetail rail that worked very well for the first 300 to 500 rounds then rail started torquing left and right. The armour at A3 has ordered rails from EGW and DP for a possible solution until the Tikka community produce the ideal benchmark solution. I should be sack on the 50 and 100 yd range this weekend and report back.

The EGW rail for the CZ works. I think the link is in the thread about mounts. I have pictures earlier in this thread with it.

Reactions: Changed
I am 100% sure that you guys in US do not need to wait 6 month, to get your rifles.
I do know that this rifle has been ordered over 20 000 unit global, so US customers are one really big part of that, so i am sure, that in the next few months, there will be 22LR T1X rifles, since in Finland we did get the 20" 22LR rifles over a month ago and no there are 16" 22LR rifles, so i bet that the container is coming to US any days now, this is what i hope.
You guys do the the best tuning on any rifle, so i am kind of keen to see, what kind of masterpieces you are doing of T1X rifles:cool:

I lack the patience virtue, and a local shop has a 20" in stock. Other than weight savings is there a strong reason to wait for the 16" version to be available?

I will have my .22 20" on wednesday just have to wait for the 25moa DIP rail. my question is should I deal with the standard stock till KRG comes out with one or should I get a t3x butt pad, vertical grip and a forend?

@TimResin

I found the standard stock hard to get a good cheek weld with as is, if going the vertical grip/wide forend / buttpad upgrade, you should strongly consider either a kydex saddle cheeck peice or a triad stock pack. If you are going to put $100 ish in all of that with the intentions of upgrading later that $100 would get you closer to a more ergonomic (and probably heavier stock, (may be a + or minus depending on how you use it).

These may not be plug and play T3 to T1x options but they are within the realm of doable...
1546205080602.png
1546205170723.png

l
I am 100% sure that you guys in US do not need to wait 6 month, to get your rifles.
I do know that this rifle has been ordered over 20 000 unit global, so US customers are one really big part of that, so i am sure, that in the next few months, there will be 22LR T1X rifles, since in Finland we did get the 20" 22LR rifles over a month ago and no there are 16" 22LR rifles, so i bet that the container is coming to US any days now, this is what i hope.
You guys do the the best tuning on any rifle, so i am kind of keen to see, what kind of masterpieces you are doing of T1X rifles:cool:

Courious, do you know of a Finnish or any European manufacturers that make a scope rail for the T1X? I’m also looking for source to purchase extra T1X mags. Can’t seem to find the proper T1X scope rail and mags here in the states. Happy New Year’s.

l

Courious, do you know of a Finnish or any European manufacturers that make a scope rail for the T1X? I’m also looking for source to purchase extra T1X mags. Can’t seem to find the proper T1X scope rail and mags here in the states. Happy New Year’s.
What don't you like about the DIP rail made here in the United States?

Attachments

• 20181224_141036.jpg
    20181224_141036.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: viking78
I will have my .22 20" on wednesday just have to wait for the 25moa DIP rail. my question is should I deal with the standard stock till KRG comes out with one or should I get a t3x butt pad, vertical grip and a forend?

As a temporary fix until there is a T1X solution for a MPA BA chassis and compatible AICS mag, I’ve installed the T3X butt pad, vertical grip and forend on my OEM T1X chassis; they fit perfectly and function great. I bought some off the shelf adhesive neoprene sheeck rest material, this neoprene has increased NPA and is an effective fix until a long term solution for my MPA BA is available.

What don't you like about the DIP rail made here in the United States?
My local armour and I weren’t aware that the DIP 11mm dovetail rail system was compatible with the TX1 profile. Please post the DIP rail model so that I can order it right away. Thanks for the tip.

As a temporary fix until there is a T1X solution for a MPA BA chassis and compatible AICS mag, I’ve installed the T3X butt pad, vertical grip and forend on my OEM T1X chassis; they fit perfectly and function great. I bought some off the shelf adhesive neoprene sheeck rest material, this neoprene has increased NPA and is an effective fix until a long term solution for my MPA BA is available.

@mperry07
aics compatible mags are not necessary, I have documented the modifications necessary to a MPA tikka chassis in this thread, anybody with a mill can make it work and the stock will still be usable with a centerfire w/aics mags

l

I know that they do make picatinny rail for T1X in down under.
https://highvelocityhuntingaustralia.com.au/product/tikka-t1x-mtr-rimfire-25-moa-picatinny-rail/
And in UK.
https://www.alanrhone-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=1750
https://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/bri...nny-rail-base-adapter-0-moa-1-0020-5775-p.asp

Tested some more 22LR, it all shoots really good. It rained all day in A2, so shot indoor at 25 yds. These are 3 round groups, I like all the ammo shot.

Attachments

• C433FB8F-27BA-4652-85A6-E2A18E725F58.jpeg
    C433FB8F-27BA-4652-85A6-E2A18E725F58.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 198
Mine is on the way. Gotta decide on a optic.

What’ scope are you putting on your t1x?

About every descent 22 rifle out there can shoot tight groups at 25 yards. 50 yards is the starting point of seeing what a 22 rifle is actually shooting like and then again at 100 yards to see it's true potential. It seems like it may take a while to get enough of these rifles out there to start seeing someone testing at 100 yards and beyond though.

Mine is on the way. Gotta decide on a optic.

What’ scope are you putting on your t1x?
Mounted the Vortex PST 3-15, this optic seems to be ideal for me out to 200-400 yds. Still sorting out the right dovetail rail. Viking78 provides us with some good leads.

@TimResin

I found the standard stock hard to get a good cheek weld with as is, if going the vertical grip/wide forend / buttpad upgrade, you should strongly consider either a kydex saddle cheeck peice or a triad stock pack. If you are going to put $100 ish in all of that with the intentions of upgrading later that $100 would get you closer to a more ergonomic (and probably heavier stock, (may be a + or minus depending on how you use it).

These may not be plug and play T3 to T1x options but they are within the realm of doable...
View attachment 6994624View attachment 6994626
What did it take to make the T1X fit into the Bravo?

@jmk654 - it's all in this thread:

@cannoncrossfire

The chassis backbone is attached to the triggergaurd by a button head screw in front and the action screw in back.

Unfortunately the T1x mag housing bolts to the action with a rather large metric shcs. (See my post a few pages back for pictures) You will have to reengineer the front triggergaurd attachment as you have to mill through hole for the button head to provide clearance for the shcs. I trimmed the head of the shcs on a lathe to minimize the amount of material removed but still cut all the way through the centersection of backbone and down into the triggergaurd.To allow the mag to seat the front of the triggergaurd will have to be milled to allow for the basepad as the mag seats.

@Massoud did a really good job of skeletonizing the triggergaurd so plan your front attachment well, there isn't a lot of extra "meat" a traditional solid xlr/mdt/mcree would be a lot easier to modify probably

Reactions: jmk654
There was a guy that used the XLR and modified the Tikka action to work in the chassis. My only concern is that the magazine would not be self centering and easy to load in. Another thought was to take an AICS type mag and cut the top off and epoxy the tikka .22 mag into it. This would allow for the mag well to be used as intended.

Reactions: mperry07
Sold my Vudoo a month ago and wanted another .22lr rifle, and this thread has been very helpful. I actually went about it backwards and ordered a scope rail a few days back and bought a T1X on gunbroker a few minutes ago.

Sold my Vudoo a month ago and wanted another .22lr rifle, and this thread has been very helpful. I actually went about it backwards and ordered a scope rail a few days back and bought a T1X on gunbroker a few minutes ago.

If you don't mind me asking why did you sell your Vudoo?

No particular reason it shot really well, I just don't go shooting as often a I would like so having over $2k in a . 22lr was just a little much. Plus I used some of the funds to have a Impact Precision built up for me. I figure sooner or later I will own another Vudoo at some point in time.

Got my GRS Berserk stock today. My initial assessment is it seems to be a really nice stock. At first blush I really like the had position GRS uses. WIll confirm if I like it or not once I get to the range and shoot it a bunch.

There was a guy that used the XLR and modified the Tikka action to work in the chassis. My only concern is that the magazine would not be self centering and easy to load in. Another thought was to take an AICS type mag and cut the top off and epoxy the tikka .22 mag into it. This would allow for the mag well to be used as intended.

there is a string several posts between @RAVAGE88 talking about looking into making a T1x AICS mag.
Yessir, I hear ya and been spending a bit of time turning this one over in my head. I need to get a rifle in my hands....

MB

Just a heads up, I've been working with Cameron at Murphy Precision on a 30MOA rail for the T1x. I should get the finished version in a few days. If it's as I expect it will be, based on the first one, it should be a great option for those who want a stainless steel or titanium full Picatinny scope rail. I will post some pics once it arrives.

The PST is definitely a nice scope. I want to try 300 yards, the Athlon was recommended to me by someone who does a lot of long range shooting. I think I probably went over kill on the rings though.

Mounted the Vortex PST 3-15, this optic seems to be ideal for me out to 200-400 yds. Still sorting out the right dovetail rail. Viking78 provides us with some good leads.

Where are you shooting out to 400 yrds in Michigan? Where did you get your Tikka 1X at in Michigan?

Reactions: BlastersAreCool
Took my new T1X today, for the first time. Groups were shot at 50 yds. I posted the small group and the Agg. for 4 groups. It was windy, up to 15 mph at times. I had many groups, with 4 in one hole and 1 out. My total agg. for 24 groups was 0.3842". CCI SV ran 0.400" , SK Std+ ran 0.450", Eley Club ran 0.456". I am very pleased with my results today. I think it would do much better in less windy conditions.

Mark

2uom91w.jpg

2co64px.jpg

2ce1c0k.jpg

This was shot at 150 yds. Wolf Target is at 7 O'clock, 0.75" for 5 shots. SK Std+ at 2 O'clock ran 1.25"

2udyoh5.jpg

I cut some match sticks, and split some playing cards, at 50 yds. I cut the Ace with the first shot. The other took 5 shot to cut. I did mark it on the third round.

2ut418y.jpg

9h7wc5.jpg

Not seeing a lot of 50 and 100yard posted groups on the t1x .22 and .17..... straight up, no BS, hows the accuracy?

Kicking around getting on in 17hmr.... I’m actually rather happy with my RPR .22lr so I’m kicking around getting the 17hmr.

Reactions: BlastersAreCool