• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

I will have to post some picks of mine shoot it last sunday at 50, 100 and 200. Half inch at 50, maybe 1 at 100 and 3 inch at 200 with Eley Edge. But my issue is the standard stock is too light it moves too easily. Any one know when manners might have a stock? I have 2 of them and I prefer them

@TimResin If you are handy, you could probably modify the existing inlet. Modifying the inlet would be much like what I had to do on these chassis stocks. In my opinion you wont regret an upgrade.
20181207_152948.jpg
20181217_190439.jpg

Range day with the T1X. After my second trip to the range, My T1x will out shoot my CZ 455, and shoots as well as my Kidd Supergrade.
Mark
2u73sdc.jpg

e5myat.jpg

2ceg74p.jpg

This group was shot at 150yds. It is Wolf Match Extra. 0.570" The T1 will run 1" most of the time, this group I best I have fired with a rimfire.

jtkpef.jpg

This group is 1.0" at 150 yds also, with Wolf Match Target

t6ql5c.jpg

I also ordered a rail from Murphy Precision. Was going to sell the rifle I waited so long for but have a bit of good ammo so it's going into therapy duty. A good mount for an NSX I have spare.

@Prebanpaul I'm still working on my krg bravo for my t1x, but @skinnj1 has done the krg bravo, mpa and tac a1 chassis modifications to fit t1x.
The issue is the cap screw holding on the t1x magazine well. Most composite stocks don't have any material in the way or it's easy enough to remove the fill material. Chassis type stocks using Aluminium seem to often leave material in front of the trigger because up until now it didn't matter that there was material there. I'd say many stock/chassis companies will easily add the machining of the small amount of material to their cnc inletting. That way it's suitable for t3/t3x and t1x tikkas.

The issue is the cap screw holding on the t1x magazine well. Most composite stocks don't have any material in the way or it's easy enough to remove the fill material. Chassis type stocks using Aluminium seem to often leave material in front of the trigger because up until now it didn't matter that there was material there.

Would it be possible to replace the Socket head screw with a button head screw to reduce/remove need for inletting? or is it just my lack of machining/engineering skills showing and there is another reason for the socket head screw?

Would it be possible to replace the Socket head screw with a button head screw to reduce/remove need for inletting? or is it just my lack of machining/engineering skills showing and there is another reason for the socket head screw?

I have trimmed the head of the shcs to a minimum hex that would work on a low torque situation to minimize what I cut into on the triggergaurd of the krg-the mpa and tac1 chassis one piece designs are not as problematic and you can run an end mill a little deeper without concern if you so choose. There is still enough projection from the plastic housing "tab" alone that inlet modification is necessary this pic shows the "tab" vs screw head- rectangular vs circular inlet cuts
20181206_192618.jpg

Got mine set up, finally. I have my concerns about the optic holding up, but fellow hiders here say it’s good to go.

-T1X 22lr, 20”
-MCarbo Trigger spring
-DIP 25 MOA rail
-Vortex PMR low rings
-Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 with the new APRS3 reticle

One more weekend of deer season left, but I may sneak in a range trip for it between hunts. Will definitely be picking up a Bravo for it.

Attachments

• 010D3E94-81B9-43B7-BF40-1D74FB6B905B.jpeg
    010D3E94-81B9-43B7-BF40-1D74FB6B905B.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 208
Just bought an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 APRS3. Mounted it on my CZ 452 .22 Varmint while I wait for a T1X .22 to become available.

Reactions: steve123
Installed a couple parts today. Looks like crappy weather for the next couple of weeks so I probably won't be trying it out any time soon.

yXbK0T3h.jpg

I just got a T1X yesterday (from Scheels') took it to the range for a quick shake down. It did NICE! I used CCI s.v ammo at 50 yards. After boresight and 4 sight in shots, got a respectable grouping, IMO - I take credit/blame for the fliers.

For now, I'll keep it in the factory stock until I get an idea what I want. I'll be using this for NRL22 matches and p-dogs on adjacent field.

IMG_0299.JPG

target_1-23-19b.jpg

Got mine a few weeks back and immediately dropped it into a GRS sprter stock. way bet fit and feel than stock. Along with a the trigger spring and DIP 25moa rail, this thing is shooting great right from the start. I've got several brands to try out, but I think Tikka has a seller on their hands. I'm really hoping some of the barrel companies will get a drop in barrel ready soon. The barrel is just too light to be an accurate trainer for me.

Another note, emailed with Dan a LILJA, they haven't had one of the rifles in their shop yet so they haven't had a chance to evaluate the barrel. I'll be send them mine after the next round of NRL22 so they can make a barrel for me.

Reactions: Just Chuck
I lucked into one of these on Monday and I have some questions for you guys that have already set yours up. If you have added the T3x vertical pistol grip do you like it? It appears to use a screw to secure it, is this problematic? I have the same questions regarding the beavertail fore-end for the T3x.

What is the lowest trigger weight without a spring kit?

Does anyone have a source for DIP rails. The only place I could find them in stock was $90.00. DIP has them for $39.00 but they are out of stock. Has anyone used the EGW rail.

Is there any availability for additional ten round mags and if so where? Are there other worthwhile accessories I should consider?

Some of you guys have shot some terrific targets with your Tikkas. It would be great to see some of you try the 6x5 challenge. This has been going on for a lot of years and has provided some great information to all of us. Sadly, people have chosen to rarely post unless their target breaks into the top ten or so. This deprives all of us valuable information.

Below is the list of rails I am aware of and links. From my quick look only the Murphy precision and EGW are in stock.

DIP, Inc 0 and 20 MOA $39.97 http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1406429&CAT=3601 uses screws holes in receiver
Murphy precision 0, 10, and 20 MOA starting at $125 https://www.murphyprecision.com/Products/Item/1343 uses screws holes in receiver
Contessa 0 and 20 MOA $59 https://www.eurooptic.com/Contessa-Picatinny-Rail-for-Tikka-T1x-MPN-PH68.aspx uses screws holes in receiver
EGW 0 and 20 MOA $89.99 http://www.egwguns.com/scope-mounts...511-512-for-11mm-picatinny-rail-mount-20-moa/ clamps on 11mm dovetail. Designed for CZ 45x with 11mm dovetail but works with this rifle per posts #24 by @scocoabeach

I ordered the DIP 25MOA rail even though on back order. We'll see how long this takes - I'm not in a must-have rush.

I have a Warne two piece rail now but the picitinny slot is too narrow for scope ring cross bolt on my 'good' scope.

Just Chuck, I just ordered as well. Before placing the order, I talked with Tech Support regarding a stock # question. Got that squared away and he told me he had just gotten a notice that these should ship in a couple of days. We'll see.

I lucked into one of these on Monday and I have some questions for you guys that have already set yours up. If you have added the T3x vertical pistol grip do you like it? It appears to use a screw to secure it, is this problematic? I have the same questions regarding the beavertail fore-end for the T3x.

Does anyone have a source for DIP rails. The only place I could find them in stock was $90.00. DIP has them for $39.00 but they are out of stock. Has anyone used the EGW rail.

Is there any availability for additional ten round mags and if so where? Are there other worthwhile accessories I should consider?

Some of you guys have shot some terrific targets with your Tikkas. It would be great to see some of you try the 6x5 challenge. This has been going on for a lot of years and has provided some great information to all of us. Sadly, people have chosen to rarely post unless their target breaks into the top ten or so. This deprives all of us valuable information.
I have the verticle grip and like it... One screw and pulls right off.. .I don't have the forearm one but I understand it just slips one...

I used the contessa 20 moa rail from Europtic it's 59.00

All that I added to the stock was a T3 rubber recoil . The trigger was around 2 lbs. adjusted. I put a YoDave spring in it, it's around 1 LB. now.
I went with a DIP 0 MOA rail for now. I have my LGS, where I got it. Looking for Mags. He is a Sako dealer. I have some groups is this post.

Mark

Thanks for checking on timing for DIP rail, Quarter Horse. I hope that time frame is accurate.

Another question; Will stocks designed for Tikka T3X fit the T1X with a relief cut for the bolt that holds the T1X magazine well?

When I ordered my DIP 25moa rail, it was backordered, but arrived about 2 weeks later. actually got to me about 3 days after the rifle so no problems. The fit and finish of the DIP rail is fantastic. It has the 11mm rail machined into the bottom so it slides onto the receiver, then fix it down with the screws. I mounted a PST gen2 5-25 on mine and the rail made for a perfect fit with vortex precision matched med rings.

Anyone know if Tikka has any intention of bringing the 16" barrel 22LR to the US?

Installed a YoDave spring, 25MOA DIP rail, rings and the scope. Waiting on a KRG stock (hopefully next month) and some decent weather.

yXbK0T3.jpg

qR9ZRn3.jpg

6PPapt8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 0dd
I finally got mine yesterday (ordered it from Brownell's back in April ! :D )

31941101867_fe6be1ba5b_h.jpg

Needs some "fitting out". Thanks @0dd for listing out the scope base options !!!

I am thinking I will NOT replace the trigger spring, though it sounds tempting. My other bolt gun triggers are all around 2 lbs and I don't think I want to practice with anything much lighter.

Mine will be used primarily for dots for fundamentals ... specifically cheek/stock weld and timing of breathing/trigger break cycle. I'm sub .75 moa with all my center fire rifles (0.64 to 0.71) from prone ... and those are the two issues that seem to be the barrier for 0.50.

I'll also use it as a secondary day critter control rifle.

I got an Athlon Argos 6-24x scope for it long ago ! :)

I will not replace the stock unless I have to, to get a good cheek/stock weld. Trying to go "minimalist" !

I got a case of center-x and I will bake that off against the eley 40gr hp I normally use in my hunting .22lr(16)

I will start with a spare harris bipod ... I've replaced all the harris with atlas on my center fire bolt guns. The harris tension screws keep coming loose. But I think it will work on a .22lr.

==
Glad to finally get it !!
And glad this thread exists !!! :)

Does any one know if these are safe to dry fire ??

Does any one know if these are safe to fire ??
. I wouldn't dry fire any rimfire...It will do damage to barrel and chamber because they hit on the edge of cartridge....go to hardware store and get yellow wall anchors....they are dirt cheap and feed from magazine chamber and eject in my T1x.......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190126-105048.png
    Screenshot_20190126-105048.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 137
Does any one know if these are safe to dry fire ??
. I wouldn't dry fire any rimfire...It will do damage to barrel and chamber because they hit on the edge of cartridge....go to hardware store and get yellow wall anchors....they are dirt cheap and feed from magazine chamber and eject in my T1x.......
I meant firing pin not barrel.....

Well, I have six snap caps, I will use those.

Well these snap caps don't work with this magazine. So will revert to "cocking" practice. Mostly want to run the bolt the de-stiffen. Need about 10,000 cycles or so :D

Yup, I read that ... now I have a snap cap in the chamber and I can cock and fire. Just can't run the bolt all the way back. The snap caps won't cycle in the mag.