• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Bravo showed up today. Pictures don't do these justice whatsoever. Rifle and rail are both still scheduled for Friday delivery.

Bravo showed up today. Pictures don't do these justice whatsoever. Rifle and rail are both still scheduled for Friday delivery.

View attachment 7090245

Looking good! I ordered the same one yesterday.

I already have a 6.5 T3X in a Sako Green and a T3X 223 stainless with a Kreiger in the black, so FDE was a natural choice, I suppose.

I’ll be glad to see how accuracy is effected. Mine throws some pretty wicked oddball fliers in the factory stock. I hope that the new stock will help to sort this.

Last edited:
Very jealous of everyone receiving their Oryx already. I ordered the same day it went live on the site, but Canadian shipping sucks, so I won't see mine for another week.

Who's switched their bolt handle out? Can we just use T3/T3X bolts?

Who's switched their bolt handle out? Can we just use T3/T3X bolts?

T1X Bolt Handle is different, will not swap with T3 style.

Some people have ground theirs down and cast their own knob. You can also lathe it down and thread it.

There are a few aftermarket handles out there for the T1X if I recall correctly.

The only aftermarket bolt handles I've found are close to or over $100. A little overpriced for my liking. I think turning it down might be the best idea.

The only aftermarket bolt handles I've found are close to or over $100. A little overpriced for my liking. I think turning it down might be the best idea.
Sterk T1x handles are $95AU = $67US and even including shipping it works out about $83US.
Depends on budget I guess and how happy you are with the factory handle.

The factory handle uses an M5 screw through it to mount it to the bolt - not sure turning/machining would go well due to the hollow inside of the handle.

Last edited:
Sterk T1x handles are $95AU = $67US and even including shipping it works out about $83US.
Depends on budget I guess and how happy you are with the factory handle.

The factory handle uses an M5 screw through it to mount it to the bolt - not sure turning/machining would go well due to the hollow inside of the handle.

I might be wrong but don’t the Sako Quad bolt knobs from DIP work?

Great looking little rig. Hope you get an optic soon. I’m sure it’s driving you crazy already to get out and shoot.

I've point shot it already simply to try it. Optic may be a bit as this was purchased in anticipation of shooting a 22 PRS series next season as we have too many conflicts with other matches all this season. Maybe the Mrs and kiddo will surprise me for Father's day (unlikely)

Is the Oryx really 4.2 pounds for the Tikka T1x? How much does it weigh with the barreled action installed?

Thanks for the info on the bolt handle guys. I contacted them about shipping to Canada (hoping I can twist their arm).

Thanks for the info on the bolt handle guys. I contacted them about shipping to Canada (hoping I can twist their arm).

Definitely check out the Sterk bolt handle for the T1x. They’ll be shipping soon. His “Swept” handle is literally off the charts. He redesigned the traditional bolt knob into something extraordinary. Get his shroud as well while you’re at it, and if you still have the factory barrel on your rifle then grab his titanium thread protector too. ?

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Definitely check out the Sterk bolt handle for the T1x. They’ll be shipping soon. His “Swept” handle is literally off the charts. He redesigned the traditional bolt knob into something extraordinary. Get his shroud as well while you’re at it, and if you still have the factory barrel on your rifle then grab his titanium thread protector too. ?
What’s the benefit to his shroud? Anything other than looks?

Here is my setup
MDT ACC with full set of internal weights
Ckye pod
DIP bolt handle
782 custom gunworks 20moa base
Mark5 3.6-18 (parallaxed down to 25yards)
Factory trigger set to 1.5lbs
Silencerco sparrow

View attachment 7090868

you're using the t3x ACC? or do you have a prototype t1x chassis?

I've been eagerly waiting for the t1x ACC to be released

Just got home from shooting the T1x/ Bravo combination. I have to say, the Bravo is very comfortable compared to the factory stock. I'm a traditional stock kind of guy and this thing doesn't feel anything like a chassis to me. My rifle had been shooting some screamer groups already in the factory stock. The Bravo just seems to make it easier to be consistent. I'm very impressed with this little rifle, especially with $5/ box ammo.
1F39580B-1238-4120-8778-BDCC3EF0225F.jpeg
34C35D1E-107D-4DFB-8CFF-77CBAED99CC9.jpeg

What’s the benefit to his shroud? Anything other than looks?

Well nobody except @cannoncrossfire can answer that at this time as it hasn’t been released yet, but my best guess is it will be a tight clean fit that eliminates the slop that is in the factory plastic shroud. Same as the T3x ones he makes. It is a precisely machined item and fits as such. Worth the $ for sure. But the Swept bolt handle.. oh man those are off the charts ??
There’s a reason John doesn’t produce all his stuff so quickly after the rifles are released, like the other companies. When the other companies are copying your designs you know you’re on to something good.

Check this out if you haven’t seen it yet: https://instagram.com/sterkshooting?igshid=1h5hc8sc2nqal

Just got home from shooting the T1x/ Bravo combination. I have to say, the Bravo is very comfortable compared to the factory stock. I'm a traditional stock kind of guy and this thing doesn't feel anything like a chassis to me. My rifle had been shooting some screamer groups already in the factory stock. The Bravo just seems to make it easier to be consistent. I'm very impressed with this little rifle, especially with $5/ box ammo.
View attachment 7091094View attachment 7091097

What distance?

That lower left group in the 2nd pic really nice.

Well nobody except @cannoncrossfire can answer that at this time as it hasn’t been released yet, but my best guess is it will be a tight clean fit that eliminates the slop that is in the factory plastic shroud. Same as the T3x ones he makes. It is a precisely machined item and fits as such. Worth the $ for sure. But the Swept bolt handle.. oh man those are off the charts ??
There’s a reason John doesn’t produce all his stuff so quickly after the rifles are released, like the other companies. When the other companies are copying your designs you know you’re on to something good.

Check this out if you haven’t seen it yet: https://instagram.com/sterkshooting?igshid=1h5hc8sc2nqal

I'm still new to bolt guns ... What is the benefit to swapping handles (especially when going to the swept design) ... Or is it just a cosmetic thing

Remove the stock bolt handle. It took a little muscle to break it loose. Screw the new one on with some locktite. Huge improvement working the bolt.

Thanks. I was not aware that it simply “spun off.” The way that the shapes mate up to each other made me a bit hesitant.

It’s honestly not all that clean looking, but it seems a big improvement over the factory. For the money, I may just try it.

Thanks. I was not aware that it simply “spun off.” The way that the shapes mate up to each other made me a bit hesitant.

It’s honestly not all that clean looking, but it seems a big improvement over the factory. For the money, I may just try it.

There is an allen bolt inside the stock handle. It takes some muscle to break it loose.

Can anyone tell me if it will work in a MPA chassis inletted for a Tika centerfire?

I'm still new to bolt guns ... What is the benefit to swapping handles (especially when going to the swept design) ... Or is it just a cosmetic thing

Sure it’s cosmetic to some degree, but overall it’s a function over form thing. Especially with the Swept handle - it really changes the ergonomics. Have you ever cycled an Anschutz rifle? I can say they’re very nice. My 1712 feels nicer than my Vudoo ?, partially because of the 60° bolt lift but also the swept style handle with round knob. It’s the classic Accuracy International style.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Emailed him this morning and not heard back yet.... wonder if I can drive up there and buy a barrel, only a couple hours drive across the border...

Reactions: pazzo
Is the Oryx really 4.2 pounds for the Tikka T1x? How much does it weigh with the barreled action installed?
Just arrived home to my Oryx waiting for me. Barreled action minus bolt weighs 3.6lbs, Oryx chassis with barreled action and bolt weigh 8.5lbs and my whole setup minus bipod comes in at 10.5lbs.

Initial impressions of the Oryx are it seems really well built. With my Vortex Golden Eagle in viper medium height rings, I have the cheek riser almost bottomed out, it maybe has another 1/8”-1/4” before it is bottomed out. Length of pull seems about a 1/2” longer the factory tikka stock, which I like. The mags fit in there well, and seem easy to insert, range time will tell though. The only thing I don’t like, and this is real nit-picky, but I would have liked to see a little more material taken out in the mag well to make it a little easier to access the mag release. I don’t think it’s a hinderance on the chassis for now, and I can easily solve it with a grinder if it really bothers me.

I can definitely see where the Sterk swept handle will come in handy with this chassis, and will hopefully be able to pick one up.

One week start to finish. Ordered the Bravo last Friday when they came back in stock and found a T1x at a decent price over the weekend. Rail ordered on Monday. Bravo arrived Wednesday and the rifle and rail arrived today. I had the scope and mounts waiting for this. The Harris knockoff was sitting on my bench. I forgot to bring my TBac .22 Takedown with me for the pictars. Will try and hit the range tomorrow. ?

Installed the included pic rail and switched to the Atlas. Tuned the trigger to approx. 2-2.5 lbs. (no gauge ?) and added lok tight to the pic rail screws. Leveled the scope.

was gonna go to the range but got a call that my son had rolled his car this morning on his way home from work. He walked away virtually unscathed. Thank God.

I do have a 1:00 pm range reservation for tomorrow. ?

was gonna go to the range but got a call that my son had rolled his car this morning on his way home from work. He walked away virtually unscathed. Thank God.

As someone who has been in two potentially life-altering accidents and coming out with nothing more than some sore muscles both times, I’m very glad to see your son end up alright. I’m not a parent yet, but I can only imagine how getting that phone call felt.

Let us know how it shoots tomorrow. My FDE Bravo is scheduled to arrive Tuesday, so it’s staying at home tomorrow. My wife wants to bang steel with her 6.5, so that’s tomorrow’s priority.

So many choices. My T1x is supposed to be here tomorrow. I was going to put it in a ctr stock. Because I’m one of the few that like the ctr’s factory stock. Thought it would be a good trainer for my hunting rifle. I’m tempted to order a couple more and get a bravo and oryx. I guess I should wait to get my hands on it before I replace my RPRR and CZ 455 Precision Trainer.

So I'm about to pull the trigger on a T1X. Found a local dealer I can pick it up from... I want to use it for NRL22, but I have been reading some posts in here about FTE and FTF. Is that a pretty limited issue or is there a fundamental manufacturing flaw that basically everyone will encounter and have to tinker on to fix? FTF / FTE would really suck during an NRL22 match when I'm against the clock.

In regards to the FTE issues I wanted to give my experience here. I received my T1X a couple weeks ago but just got it to the range yesterday.

I shot 500rds through it fairly quickly just to “break in” the barrel. Out of those 500rds I have 1 FTE with the spent case left in the action. This FTE was within the first 50rds of shooting. In addition to that I had 2 FTF issues where the round pointed vertical out of the magazine when trying to feed the chamber.

Not exactly what I was looking for as my CZ has never had any type of issue like this.

Reactions: silentheart
my experience so far i have had 2 FTF one due to me not seating magazine fully 1 was on second round of brand new mag which has not repeated. i have not had any FTE. I have shot about 350 rounds out of it.

My rifle has been shot in freezing weather as well as by my Wife whom I do not think has ever shot a bolt gun before this one.

Early next month i will be taking it out with several of my nieces and nephews to get them a taste of longer range shooting I expect to go through another 1k rounds and will follow up about how it goes.