• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Also are any of y'all on the current sterk order? I ordered a new handle almost 2 months ago and he was super nice said they'd be done in 2-3 weeks and he'd get with me for payment. Haven't heard a word back and he hasn't posted on his Facebook since march just wondering if something happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed him on May 30th and he told me he was just waiting on the machining to get finished up and that should only take 1-2 weeks. Almost a month later and I haven't heard anything. I think he said he was having a hard time sourcing material and his machinist is down to running all the machines by himself. I'm going to email him again to see if there are any updates.

This was his email on 5/30/17

Hi Ty,

Currently I'm awaiting machining still. I am hoping to see them machined in the next 1-2 weeks.

The machinist that runs them is running 6 machines on his own at the moment - so obviously pretty flat out (poor bugger).

It's weeks - not months away.

Will be in touch though,

Thank you for your patience,
John van der Pol

I emailed him on May 30th and he told me he was just waiting on the machining to get finished up and that should only take 1-2 weeks. Almost a month later and I haven't heard anything. I think he said he was having a hard time sourcing material and his machinist is down to running all the machines by himself. I'm going to email him again to see if there are any updates.

This was his email on 5/30/17

Hi Ty,

Currently I'm awaiting machining still. I am hoping to see them machined in the next 1-2 weeks.

The machinist that runs them is running 6 machines on his own at the moment - so obviously pretty flat out (poor bugger).

It's weeks - not months away.

Will be in touch though,

Thank you for your patience,
John van der Pol

I emailed him on 4/30 about 2 handles and was told the 2-3 weeks. I emailed him again on 6/10 and got no response. Hope the machinist gets some help.

I wish someone in the U.S. would start making something similar. I want one for mine but seems like a pain to deal with.

Last edited:
I've been waiting since early Mar also for 2 handles.. pretty sure I'll love them, but it's been a long wait! Keep us posted if anyone hears anything..

I just sent him an email wondering if there is a new estimated lead time. I will post up his email when he gets back to me.

Anyone using RL17 or Varget for the 130's? I have a ton of both and H4350 is no where to be found near me. Trying to find a good starting/max for both. Not much published on them.

so im not the only on then... i didnt want to bug him about it but was just wondering if something might have happened i hadnt heard about. yeah like was mentioned there are several other companies that make them and do a great job i have an atlas works handle right now i just wanted to try one of the swept ai style handles

Anyone using RL17 or Varget for the 130's? I have a ton of both and H4350 is no where to be found near me. Trying to find a good starting/max for both. Not much published on them.
i have a buddy that swears by varget for 130s in his x47 lapua. i think he used it in his old creedmoor with 130s as well. ive run 17 with 140s and its a fast powder but man is it temp sensitive

Just heard back, looks like we will be waiting awhile longer but that's alright.

Hi Ty,

I just had a look and there's a couple of jobs to be machined before the handles still, but it is getting closer.

Sorry about the wait, the list is certainly still growing while people wait.

Will be in touch soon, feel free to email anytime.

John

so im not the only on then... i didnt want to bug him about it but was just wondering if something might have happened i hadnt heard about. yeah like was mentioned there are several other companies that make them and do a great job i have an atlas works handle right now i just wanted to try one of the swept ai style handles

Yeah, I have shopped around but really like the look of the swept ai myself. Guess ill just suck it up and order.

i have a buddy that swears by varget for 130s in his x47 lapua. i think he used it in his old creedmoor with 130s as well. ive run 17 with 140s and its a fast powder but man is it temp sensitive

Yeah, I have seen the same thing with my old 6.5 and temp sensitivity using RL17. Might need to start looking for 4451. I'll start with Varget. Thanks!

Hey guys, this is sterk, sorry to those waiting. The drawings are literally by the CNC machine waiting their turn, but yes there's 1 machinist setting and running 6 machines. We are 2 people down and hopefully the wait doesn't go for much longer. Once they are done I need roughly 1 week to do all the bending, polishing and cerakoting etc. I'm keen to get parts shipped, it's no fun having to tell so many people to wait a bit longer.

She's a shooter...45.4mm = 1.79" at 600 yards. I am really excited, I am shooting my first PRS event this weekend.

On a different note I did not notice a drastic reduction in recoil with the Dead Air muzzle break compared to the SilencerCo Hybrid. From everything I read it should have been about a 20-30% reduction.

What I did notice on the other hand was what a difference the YoDave T3 trigger spring made. Man it was so much better than the stock spring.

I am still waiting to decide on a chassis/stock. I don't know why this has been the most difficult decision for me but it seems like I go back and forth at least once a week. I got to fondle a MPA Competition today and thought I was sold on it until I got behind a Konohawk K1T

Attachments

• photo61291.jpg
    photo61291.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 115
  • photo61292.jpg
    photo61292.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 132
  • photo61293.jpg
    photo61293.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 131
Creedmoor 3.JPG

Here is mine. Started out life as a plain ol 20" CTR. Shot amazing.
6.5 Creedmoor
Manners T4A
24" Proof 1:8
Insight Arms Brake (7" TBAC in Jail still)
CDI Bottom Metal
MTN Tactical Bolt Knob
MTN Tactical 20 MOA rail
Vortex AMG should be here today!

Last edited:
Hey guys, this is sterk, sorry to those waiting. The drawings are literally by the CNC machine waiting their turn, but yes there's 1 machinist setting and running 6 machines. We are 2 people down and hopefully the wait doesn't go for much longer. Once they are done I need roughly 1 week to do all the bending, polishing and cerakoting etc. I'm keen to get parts shipped, it's no fun having to tell so many people to wait a bit longer.

OK, thanks

Just shot my new 20" CTR in 6.5.

Groups were shot prone, bipod and rear bag, silencerco omega suppressor with magnetospeed v3.

140 grain american gunner. Shots 5-10 groups .474". Avg speed of 2597, SD of 14.7. It was in the 9's but the last shot opened it to 14.

Norma Match 130 grain... Not sure if i want to post this one, it might fly off the shelves... Shots 15-20 groups .522" due to me pulling the last shot. Would have been a fine 3/8 moa before that. That said... Avg 2767 and an SD of 3.6!!!! Just wow!

only 30 rounds through the rifle, but im impressed. Doing handload testing this week with 140's and IMR4451. Ill update those loads and velocity, too.

Reactions: 223Wild
Can anyone tell me if the Tikka CTR uses a special bolt stop? I tried to drop a T3 Lite .243 into a factory CTR stock and bottom metal and the bolt won't come back far enough to feed reliably with the CTR mags.

Also, the bolt release looks hollow so I am a little hesitant at modifying it.

Can anyone tell me if the Tikka CTR uses a special bolt stop? I tried to drop a T3 Lite .243 into a factory CTR stock and bottom metal and the bolt won't come back far enough to feed reliably with the CTR mags.

Also, the bolt release looks hollow so I am a little hesitant at modifying it.

I did the same thing with a 22-250 and ordered a long action bolt stop from this guy.....

http://www.gunsmith.co.nz/store.html

Anyone have any leads on an in-stock Tikka T3 MPA BA Competition Chassis? Don't really want to wait 8-12 weeks.

Are you dead set on the mpa? I ordered the mcrees g10 with the prs stock mod and coated in sniper grey, less than 1 week order to delivery...just waiting for ups to drop it off today. Sorry if that's not what you were looking for, but at least they take the ctr mags in the g10.

Are you dead set on the mpa? I ordered the mcrees g10 with the prs stock mod and coated in sniper grey, less than 1 week order to delivery...just waiting for ups to drop it off today. Sorry if that's not what you were looking for, but at least they take the ctr mags in the g10.

I was looking at the G10; but after getting behind a McRees BR10 build, G7, MPA, Manners, and Konohawk over the past week I am pretty set on the MPA BA Comp.

My thumb rides high on the right side, parallel to my hand, and the G7, G10, and BR10 all have a little upset from the grip to the stock. I only got behind chassis' with Ergo and A2 grips. I have not seen a McRee with MPA vertical competition grip so I do not know if that would fix the issue.

The stages that gave me the most trouble were the 2 PRS barricade stages. Hedgehogs and tires I was fine with the gamechanger. The MPA BA Comp with barricade stop was much more solid than a chassis/stock with the gamechanger in my experience.

I have looked at the XRay with the KRG barricade stock, but do not think it would be as stable, nor give the amount of flexibility in mounting as the MPA.

I also looked at MLOK and Picatinny rail barricade stops, but this you would be loading into the barricade and not letting the rifle free recoil as much.

I did find the Tactical Supply Barricade Stop which might work well with the XRay or McRee as it is larger than most other barricade stops
https://www.tacticalsupply.com/store...tml?itemid=746

Last edited:
Blbennett1288,

I understand what you mean about the grip. The MPA vertical grip is nice. I think my hand fits the g10 just right to float my thumb. That being said, it's not one size fits all as alluded to in your response, good luck!

Updated my stock to a newer version and chose a different colour. Tac OD green & a Tan mix. Stainless 308 CTR.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i183.photobucket.com\/albums\/x264\/ejg223\/pse\/E-Tac4CTR%20green%20tan_zpsq3swxfqx.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i183.photobucket.com\/albums\/x264\/ejg223\/pse\/E-Tac4CTR%20green%20tan%202_zpsmu7yloeg.jpg"}[/IMG2]

edi

Updated my stock to a newer version and chose a different colour. Tac OD green & a Tan mix. Stainless 308 CTR.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i183.photobucket.com\/albums\/x264\/ejg223\/pse\/E-Tac4CTR%20green%20tan_zpsq3swxfqx.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i183.photobucket.com\/albums\/x264\/ejg223\/pse\/E-Tac4CTR%20green%20tan%202_zpsmu7yloeg.jpg"}[/IMG2]

edi

Very nice! What stock is that? Can't say I have seen those.

It is an E-Tac4 CTR, made in Ireland mainly for the Euro market. All Carbon Monocoque construction. ~33oz. The vertical centre mass is on the line of the bore in this rifle with a few rounds in the mag. Recoils very nice and straight. I needed a bit of time getting used the Ultra short 3-20 PMII but in the meantime it is my favourite. The whole package is for me at least a fantastic compromise. At a push she is Ok for off-hand running game but still good for the 500m deer and 800m plinking.
edi

My ctr in its new McRees G10

Attachments

• photo62340.jpg
    photo62340.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 115
Here are a couple of pics of my .260 Tikka CTR. I have only had the new chassis a couple of months but love it and the new scope and mount arrived yesterday. I hope to make it to the range monday.

old setup:
factory stock
Leupold Mark AR mod 1 6-18x40

new setup:
XLR carbon chassis w/15" handguard
APA little bastard brake
RRS 1.5" 34mm uni-block mount with 20moa can't
new Stenier P4xi 4-16x56 with SCR reticle

Attachments

• photo62352.jpg
    photo62352.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 128
  • photo62356.jpg
    photo62356.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: TheChief
Anyone else incapable of resisting the Tikka T3 TSR-1 from Europtic? $1350 for a 20" barrel in what appears to be a folding McRee chassis. While I normally like a .260 barrel longer than 20", at ten pounds this seems like it would handle my suppressor well being 6" shorter than my current rifle. We shall see once I get it all paid for and out for trial.

At $1350 that is a steal, but I just checked the EuroOptic website and it says they are out of stock. From my understanding the TSR-1 was a limited run so once they are sold out there will be no more. I purchased a Tikka T3x CTR 24" 6.5CM with the intention of making it into a TSR-1, but I have decided to go with the MPA BA Comp instead.

I admit that I bought mine three weeks ago. The site does say to call them about back order though.

Anyone else incapable of resisting the Tikka T3 TSR-1 from Europtic? $1350 for a 20" barrel in what appears to be a folding McRee chassis. While I normally like a .260 barrel longer than 20", at ten pounds this seems like it would handle my suppressor well being 6" shorter than my current rifle. We shall see once I get it all paid for and out for trial.

That's a great deal, and as a guy who just got the McRees G10 for his 1st gen CTR, I wish this was originally available. No regrets though the 20" barrel has gotten me out to 1300 yards just fine. I believe all the TSR'S stocks fold. It's a really nice lock up on the folder, and the main reason I went with the G10.

Last edited:
Just for reference, this is a picture showing the difference between the Tikka T3 short action (on top) and Tikka CTR (on bottom) bolt stops.

If anyone knows where a CTR bolt stop can be had please let me know!

The long action bolt stop is cutout about where that rectangular groove is on the bottom one in the picture. Probably another 1/4" of travel.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20170620\/c9abd922be80c129a4c6fac419d3ac18.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20170620\/d943e55c0642faa5eb8611651fdb4379.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Been a while since I've been on here mines now swapped from a sfp atacr to the razor gen 2 after seeing how big a handicap sfp and moa was at my first prs match earlier this year. This gun shoot lights out and has never had a problem. This is my first tikka and I've been so impressed I've recommended them to everyone I talk to that's not wanting to drop big money on a custom action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattp8893 What color is that? Tungsten or Gunmetal?

Last edited:
Are your guys' 24" 6.5CM CTR's throated really long? I was getting a COAL of 2.985" with 140 RDF's to hit the lands, had to seat to 2.930" to fit in the mags so that's 55 thou off the lands already. The standard 2.860" would be quite the jump. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Also, just "broke it in" while dry swabbing early and often. Sure seems to clean up nice now but I have no idea if it would have anyway.

My 2015 vintage 20" 260 is throated wicked long too. I'm at about the same jump using RDFs at 2.950.

I did a couple deep cleanings early on too, now I just use a couple passes of #9 every hundred rounds or so to prevent the carbon ring. I'm bad at keeping records, but I figure I'm at 1300 rounds and the thing still hammers. Easy sub-minute shooter at 600 and closer and I'm committed to roasting this one before swapping. Bad news is the chromoly hammer forged barrel will probably last forever. I"ll break 2000 by year's end so we'll see what next year brings.

I recommend these guns to anyone who will listen.

Anyone running a CTR 24" in a XLR Element chassis? Waiting for mine to come in and curious what it looks like put together. How do you like it? Going to try the ARC mags our with it.