• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I have the CTR Stock still, just making sure the bottom metals are all compatible. So I just need to find some cheap T3 Lite bottom metal/magazine should be able to find something for like $30.
No. The T3X stock bottom metal is made of plastic and is not worth anything IMO. I can give you mine if you want. It will not fit a CTR stock inletting very nicely. It’s yours for cost of shipping

Last edited:
I'm picking up a stock CTR tomorrow in .260, going to immediately get a KRG Bravo for it. I will ONLY be using this for a hunting gun to throw on the 4 wheeler, will I have to put a 20 moa rail on it to be able to shoot 1,000 yds?
Back in January I shot out to 1000 yards with the stock 0 MOA rail and a Vortex Viper 3-15 with my CTR in stock configuration except for the muzzle brake.
3F630F67-5642-4CBB-A03E-C5A800FAAD8C.jpeg

No. The T3X stock bottom metal is made of plastic and is not worth anything IMO. I can give you mine if you want. It will not fit a CTR stock inletting very nicely. It’s yours for cost of shipping

Thanks, I just ended up buying a CTR Bottom Metal and Magazine back. Found one on the PX. Time to sell off the MDT ACC now.

what is the opinion about changing the stock tac a1 chassis for a krg bravo ....?

do or don't ...?

thnxs

chris

Don't know too much about the stock chassis on the TAC A1 but that Bravo is awesome. Might save you some weight I imagine from the mostly polymer construction. What's nice is that once you step into the KRG world, you open up your rifle to some of their well thought out compatible upgrades.

Tikka T3x CTR 20" 6.5 Creedmoor + KRG Bravo Chassis + Magpul Bi-Pod + Primary Arms Platinum DEKA Mil 6-30x + Seekins Precision 34mm Standard + Warne 20 MOA rail + VG6 Lambda PRS65

Made a bonehead move, ordered a 6.5 CTR + KRG Bravo (AICS) and a couple magpul AICS mags. Got an itchy trigger finger on buying before doing my research. Well I was putting everything together for fit tonight and couldn't get the mags to seat. It didn't take long to realize there was no way they're gonna fit. Went back on KRG's website and there it is. Will not work with magpul AICS. Should I see if I can exchange the AICS Bravo for a CTR Bravo or just suck it up and buy metal AICS? I know the CTR mags are better, but how much better? From what I've read, CTR's are longer. I will reload.

Made a bonehead move, ordered a 6.5 CTR + KRG Bravo (AICS) and a couple magpul AICS mags. Got an itchy trigger finger on buying before doing my research. Well I was putting everything together for fit tonight and couldn't get the mags to seat. It didn't take long to realize there was no way they're gonna fit. Went back on KRG's website and there it is. Will not work with magpul AICS. Should I see if I can exchange the AICS Bravo for a CTR Bravo or just suck it up and buy metal AICS? I know the CTR mags are better, but how much better? From what I've read, CTR's are longer. I will reload.

I'm no pro but personally, it sounds like more of a hassle replacing the chassis being that there is some installation required. I would keep the chassis, and try and sell those extra magazines you got brother. I got my T3x on that Bravo just right, with all the accessories I need on them. I didn't have any problem tinkering with them when it was still in pieces but now that I have the scope zero'd and I've developed a decent amount of DOPE on that setup, I'm not trying to change anything on it. I also really like those AICS pattern mags KRG makes, so maybe there's some bias there. I'm curious what other people's stance is on this with their justification. Best of luck and God bless.

I'm no pro but personally, it sounds like more of a hassle replacing the chassis being that there is some installation required. I would keep the chassis, and try and sell those extra magazines you got brother. I got my T3x on that Bravo just right, with all the accessories I need on them. I didn't have any problem tinkering with them when it was still in pieces but now that I have the scope zero'd and I've developed a decent amount of DOPE on that setup, I'm not trying to change anything on it. I also really like those AICS pattern mags KRG makes, so maybe there's some bias there. I'm curious what other people's stance is on this with their justification. Best of luck and God bless.
Thanks for the reply. This is my first precision bolt gun, so I'm already leaning on keeping it being the difference will probably not be noticable to me and I'm itching to take it for a spin. I found this thread right after posting and it seems somewhat split down the middle. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/tikka-t3x-ctr-vs-aics-magazines.6974662/

Thanks for the reply. This is my first precision bolt gun, so I'm already leaning on keeping it being the difference will probably not be noticable to me and I'm itching to take it for a spin. I found this thread right after posting and it seems somewhat split down the middle. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/tikka-t3x-ctr-vs-aics-magazines.6974662/

Good find! Thanks! The way I see it. Once you go KRG you know right where to go for whatever upgrades you want. There are few upgrades you’ll want on a precision rifle that KRG doesn’t entertain. Simple for me to find mags, I’ll just get them in KRG!

Anyone in this group running an Atlasworxs bottom metal?

How was the fit and finish? Did you do anything else besides remove 1mm off the trigger block? They have a $20 hidden level for the mag release instead if they huge one that comes with it.

Thanks!

I have an atlas works dbm for long action mags. I didn’t remove any material from the trigger. It is actually sitting in a CDI inlet with some shop made spacers to get the thickness correct.

fit and finish is great. It’s nice. Only gripe is the mag release pin seems like it could be tighter. I’m going to peen the hole a bit to give some interference.

I have an atlas works dbm for long action mags. I didn’t remove any material from the trigger. It is actually sitting in a CDI inlet with some shop made spacers to get the thickness correct.

fit and finish is great. It’s nice. Only gripe is the mag release pin seems like it could be tighter. I’m going to peen the hole a bit to give some interference.

Nice! Was it easy to inlet? I’m having a stock made now from manners.

@dustingaunder youd go that route instead? You didn’t have to change out the bolt stop at all? I see on mountain tacticals you have to do that. I emailed with the guy at atlasworx and he said sometimes people have to? So I’m not sure what to expect.

I got a T3X bottom metal and some nice mags from Walters in Australia. Really nice stuff. Machining is perfect, high tolerances.

Hey fellas. I got a 223 Varmint and I don’t hand load. What do you guys find to be the best for factory ammo out of your Tikka 223’s? I also want to be able to hunt with it if possible. Just coyotes and woodchucks. I shoot AR’s a lot so I have a bunch of 62gr green tips and FMJ ammo as well as a case or 2 of 62gr federal fusion which shoots pretty well out of my LWRC. Wondering if there’s something I could throw in both with DECENT results.

The IMI 77gr Razor Core shot good in my 1-8 Varmint. If there is a factory load with the 65gr Game King, I would try that. They shoot really well in my handloads.

I have 3 Tikkas, 1 CTR, 1 223 Varmint, and a 270 that I used as a donor for my switch barrel 22BR/6.5 Creedmoor match rifle. I personally like the CTR magazines the best as they are shorter than the AICS magazines. I use the polymer AICS for my 223 and the 12 round MDT for my 6.5 Creed and 22BR. If you are going to stay with AICS, the MDT 12 rounders are the same length as most other 10 round AICS mags.

I use my CTR mags on my hunting rifle with the MT AICS/CTR inlet bottom metal in a GGS Ranger.

First pic has my match rifle and 223 with AICS mags, second is my CTR.
20200227_181901.jpg
20200309_195432.jpg

Help with my 284 Shehane build... was going to use a T3X Lite in 30-06 as the donor - finished COAL will be ~3.1. Since KRG doesn't make a LA for a Tikka, what else is Bravo-like, and is there anything of similar value? If I have to spend 1K for a Manners, then I think I'd go with a custom action instead, to be able to use a Triggertech, and with bolthead flexibility for future cartridges.

@dustingaunder youd go that route instead? You didn’t have to change out the bolt stop at all? I see on mountain tacticals you have to do that. I emailed with the guy at atlasworx and he said sometimes people have to? So I’m not sure what to expect.

I had to change my bolt stop regardless. Going from SA caliber to LA. I bought the mountain tactical LA stop. I had to modify it for .075” more bolt throw for reliability. It wasn’t reliably getting behind the top round in the mag. Changing the bolt stop isn’t a big deal at all. The only reason I didn’t go with mountain tactical on the DBM is because I wasn’t sure how close the factory footprint was to the CDI. The mountain tactical is drop in for factory tikka inlet less the milling on the trigger housing (not required for short action only long). The inlet for the CDI matches the atlas worx almost identically except for the thickness.

do you guys reload? The red snake tactical I’m looking at takes AICS and goes up to 3.500 COAL vs atlasworx is 3.600

Not sure how much of a difference that will make if I load up to 200 grain bullets.

Got the factory rail off today. It took about 5-7 minutes with a heat gun at 800 degrees. A little wiggling with some vise grips and it came right up.
D7708298-CD3A-496D-8542-36A0565BB995.jpeg

I’m not sure how to get the residue off. Gonna have to figure it out before the new Area 419 20 MOA rail shows up next week.

Got the factory rail off today. It took about 5-7 minutes with a heat gun at 800 degrees. A little wiggling with some vise grips and it came right up.
View attachment 7301531

I’m not sure how to get the residue off. Gonna have to figure it out before the new Area 419 20 MOA rail shows up next week.
Use a razor blade

I'm trying to find a sterk bolt shroud and bolt handle but everywhere I found is sold out... oes anyone know where I can get these? Thanks guys

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I have a T3X CTR that I put into a MDT chassis but I'm switching over to R700 platform and action for this PRS season. I love the T3X and there's no reason to sell it, so I want to put it back into the original stock and keep it maybe as a light hunting rifle.

I sold my CTR bottom metal and magazine, so now I need some sort of bottom metal and mag, does the T3X Lite plastic bottom and magazine work in the CTR?

Thanks!
I’d just find a standard T3X stock and bottom metal, I’ve seen them for around $40. You would need to dremel the barrel channel a little and find a magazine retaining clip that screws onto the trigger assembly Or make one out of a sardine can top. Then you’d have the fine CTR action and barrel in a light compact package.

Last edited:
View attachment 7301531

Nice! I'm looking to do this.. some people are saying its a total pain to get these off is it as bad as people are saying?

I have T3 TAC A1 in 6.5cm. I have a Kahles 624i x 56 to install on it. I am looking for 20MOA rings that are high enough for the 56mm bell to clear the full length rail. If you have done the same thing what quality rings did you use???

I have T3 TAC A1 in 6.5cm. I have a Kahles 624i x 56 to install on it. I am looking for 20MOA rings that are high enough for the 56mm bell to clear the full length rail. If you have done the same thing what quality rings did you use???
Sphur 4002 will be perfect

Thanks, I have Sphur on my TRG22 I just wanted an option that didn't cost $400+. Also rings would help me get eye relief right.

Nice! I'm looking to do this.. some people are saying its a total pain to get these off is it as bad as people are saying?

Not at all, if you have a heat gun. Could be a bit more difficult to use a torch or clothes iron.

My son had a heat gun that worked beautifully.

Reactions: Qwkcrss
Anything with a height of 1.4” or more will work for your Tac A1 handguard. I have actually used a set of Badger rings that were 1.375” on a 30MOA rail and it works fine. On my Tac A1 I run a sphur 4902 (30MOA 34mm) and a NF 7-35 with no problems.

Reactions: stradibarrius
How do the polymer MDT AICS mags compare to the stock CTR mags, when used in a KRG Bravo?

I have Burris XTR Signature 1.5" on my TAC A1 but with a 50 mm scope. I have it set for 20 moa and have a 1/4" between the Vortex Defender caps and the pic rail

I’d just find a standard T3X stock and bottom metal, I’ve seen them for around $40. You would need to dremel the barrel channel a little and find a magazine retaining clip that screws onto the trigger assembly Or make one out of a sardine can top. Then you’d have the fine CTR action and barrel in a light compact package.

Thanks I just picked up a CTR bottom metal & mag... I'll get my old CTR stock up back and running pretty :)

I didn't use heat at all. The screws backed off and then used a rubber mallet to wiggle the rail off.

Reactions: Qwkcrss
I didn't use heat at all. The screws backed off and then used a rubber mallet to wiggle the rail off.
It's funny because half the stories I hear are bad.. the other half there's no issue

I'm interested in getting my bolt fluted, who is the go to for this? I know its 99% cosmetic but will it change the feel of my CTR action?

My Tikka T3x lite in 308 just got a big update. Vortex Viper HST 4-14x44 and an MDT Oryx Chassis. Anarchy Outdoors Dragonscale bolt handle on the way. It's like a new rifle at this point.

Attachments

• IMG-20200419-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20200419-WA0012.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 150