• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
Call them.
You mean the 22.5"?

You are also trying to buy in the middle of what is still the greatest run on guns ever.
I don’t think that is the one I’m looking for. Per Tikka’s website, they have a 20” and a 22.4" for each of the Wideland and Alpine Veils and the Roughtech (Widelands shown below):
20.0"
22.4"

I know there has been a big run on guns, but that was part of my reason for asking. If it's just that the 20" is unavailable at the moment, I'd be happy to wait for awhile, but if the 20" is one of the models that doesn't get imported to the US, there would be no point in waiting. I can't even find listings for the 20" version to add to the waitlist/in-stock-notification.

I don’t think that is the one I’m looking for. Per Tikka’s website, they have a 20” and a 22.4" for each of the Wideland and Alpine Veils and the Roughtech (Widelands shown below):
20.0"
22.4"

I know there has been a big run on guns, but that was part of my reason for asking. If it's just that the 20" is unavailable at the moment, I'd be happy to wait for awhile, but if the 20" is one of the models that doesn't get imported to the US, there would be no point in waiting. I can't even find listings for the 20" version to add to the waitlist/in-stock-notification.
The TFTT models aren't imported. The only people that might know differently or be able to import them specifically would be to ask the Beretta flagship stores. Pick one to call and report on what they say. The rest of us are interested and you might hear some good news. https://berettagallery.com/

The JRT models are what is/ should be getting imported some time. I'm still waiting on lefty 22lr t1x.

At least you're looking at the correct Tikka site (the /en-us or /usa).

It sucks. I know. Why they tease us with those other models I don't know.

If i want to use a KRG chassis on the 6.5PRC, magazine will be doing some gray hair.
Nevern hold these XM magazines on my hand.
Is it bigger on length as AICS SA magazine?
Will it fit inside the mag well of SA.
If it not much bigger, i think it could be able to tuned in.
Also MDT AICS with out the binder plate might work with some bullets.

What started as a factory Tikka Wideland in 6.5 PRC.
Updated specs:
Tikka action
Manners new Tikka stock with MCS for factory Tikka mag use and minimalist cheek.
High desert matching cerakoted bottom metal
22" Proof CF 6.5 PRC
Sterk bolt handle and shroud
Timney 2 stage Tikka trigger

Rifle 7.5lbs as pictured
34020.jpeg

What started as a factory Tikka Wideland in 6.5 PRC.
Updated specs:
Tikka action
Manners new Tikka stock with MCS for factory Tikka mag use and minimalist cheek.
High desert matching cerakoted bottom metal
22" Proof CF 6.5 PRC
Sterk bolt handle and shroud
Timney 2 stage Tikka trigger

Rifle 7.5lbs as pictured
View attachment 7762357

that looks awesome! Are you going to get a new scope rail, or use it as-is?

I’ve seen this a couple times, where guys pay more for the threaded barrel, camo stock, bolt knob, etc, then remove them. So I’m curious. Why didn’t you start out with a cheaper model if you were going to swap out almost everything that makes it a premium over other models?

Reactions: Krazy_jim

I’ve seen this a couple times, where guys pay more for the threaded barrel, camo stock, bolt knob, etc, then remove them. So I’m curious. Why didn’t you start out with a cheaper model if you were going to swap out almost everything that makes it a premium over other models?
I'll most likely run a direct fit Spuhr Hunter mount. The stock was always going to go, but other than that I was planning on using it as is...at least for awhile. Either way I liked getting the fluted bolt, cerakoted action, and magnum bolt face in a chambering I wanted to shoot (still have the factory barrel).

The stock bolt handle works perfectly well I just prefer the Sterk. I also prefer 2 stage triggers, which I see they have some new options in that regard.

Hope that helps you see a glimpse into my thought process.

Reactions: trob and 260284
I'll most likely run a direct fit Spuhr Hunter mount. The stock was always going to go, but other than that I was planning on using it as is...at least for awhile. Either way I liked getting the fluted bolt, cerakoted action, and magnum bolt face in a chambering I wanted to shoot (still have the factory barrel).

The stock bolt handle works perfectly well I just prefer the Sterk. I also prefer 2 stage triggers, which I see they have some new options in that regard.

Hope that helps you see a glimpse into my thought process.
Hawkins makes some direct mount 25 moa rings that will work on a Tikka that are lightweight and have a level built in. They are their Long Range Hybrids.

Reactions: gamewarden
if anyone else is looking, EuroOptic has the elusive .223 CTR In stock. That’s the first time I’ve ever seen one available. They also have the TacA1.

I just ordered mine. Get after it!

I saw it and shouldve ordered. I have been looking for one of those for a few months and have a feeling itll be awhile before I see one available again.

Last edited:
Reactions: jLorenzo
Can anyone comment on the difference in barrel thickness between a CTR and a Varmint (223)? Trying to make a decision between the two and I can't find any information.

Varmint shoots really well.
People complain about plastic mags, etc, I haven't had any problems.
I did change to a GRS Bifrost stock, and that's changed a very good rifle into a fricking beautifully shooting one.

Varmint shoots really well.
People complain about plastic mags, etc, I haven't had any problems.
I did change to a GRS Bifrost stock, and that's changed a very good rifle into a fricking beautifully shooting one.

Is the inlet for the Varmint the same as for the CTR?

Factory magazines?

P

Last edited:
@Pharmseller , no different mags altogether

This is the 10 round factory magazine for the Tikka T3x TACT A1 and T3x Compact Tactical Rifle (CTR) in .223 Remington.

Please note: this magazine will only fit the following Tikka models with trigger guard mounted magazine catches:

• Tikka T3x Compact Tactical Rifle (CTR)
  • Tikka T3x TACT A1 (TAC A1)
  • Tikka T3x Arctic
  • Tikka T3x UPR
That makes them the expensive version when buying extras

John

Dang, I was hoping I could use my Mountain Tactical mags if I bought the Bifrost for my T3 Varmint.

Off the table now.

P

Dang, I was hoping I could use my Mountain Tactical mags if I bought the Bifrost for my T3 Varmint.

Off the table now.

P
Buy a CTR inlet stock and get the Atlasworx aics/CTR floorplate. That floorplate is a clone of the metal CTR one except she take AICS type magazines from 3 shot to 10/12 shot.

Ecitg0z.jpg

FX3diDo.jpg

The CTR footprint alu floorplate for the T1X
M1GWgF6.jpg

edi

This * 1000.

I have started realizing the same thing. If I want to put a Tikka in a KRG Whiskey, maybe I shouldn't buy a TAC A1 and move it over (OK, except for 2 stage trigger). I have seen used Tikka Lites at Collectors Firearms (Houston TX) in the $700 range and that gets me an action, maybe my bolt, but lite barrel???

I need to balance some rationality with my desire for a Tikka Super Varmint (also has the 2 stage trigger) next year. But if I am serious about trying NRL Hunter, its a good base rifle (thinking 308. (Yeah, no 6.5 Easy Button for me, I have dies for 223/308/6.5g)).

I NEED to balance want and desires with budget and what I actually have the time to shoot. I am not retired and am a competitive homebrewer with the GF brewery going on-line next year (where I will brew at). So there isn't them time I have to do all I want to do with projectile weaponry.

Reactions: trob
This * 1000.

I have started realizing the same thing. If I want to put a Tikka in a KRG Whiskey, maybe I shouldn't buy a TAC A1 and move it over (OK, except for 2 stage trigger). I have seen used Tikka Lites at Collectors Firearms (Houston TX) in the $700 range and that gets me an action, maybe my bolt, but lite barrel???

I need to balance some rationality with my desire for a Tikka Super Varmint (also has the 2 stage trigger) next year. But if I am serious about trying NRL Hunter, its a good base rifle (thinking 308. (Yeah, no 6.5 Easy Button for me, I have dies for 223/308/6.5g)).

I NEED to balance want and desires with budget and what I actually have the time to shoot. I am not retired and am a competitive homebrewer with the GF brewery going on-line next year (where I will brew at). So there isn't them time I have to do all I want to do with projectile weaponry.
Looking at the part numbers of the super varmint you might be out of luck in the 308. Magnum bolt face you might be fine. According to what I've been able to get from Beretta they don't import the TFTT model numbers only the JRT ones. You're welcome to call Beretta flagship stores or Eurooptic and they might be able to tell you different. So for factory two stage you're stuck with the tac a1.

If you want a 2 stage trigger, timney (currently showing pre-order for $225) and krg have them in stock for $329.

Shouldered prefit barrels are available for tikkas as well.

Price things out and you might be able to save some. To get what I wanted I had to go lite.

Sounds like we are on the exact same track, however you are further along than I am! I couldn't get response from Mountain Tactical as well, so I need to find other options. The RRS looks like it could work, so I would be interested to know if your rail mounted up with out drilling. If it did not, I just may add a small rail with a quick release since I am going to have to drill the stock anyways. If you could post your results, I am sure others would appreciate it as I am pretty sure we are not the only ones going down this road!
@DanoC33 I finished up installing the rail and tried a few fastener options out. The Really Right Stuff 240mm arca rail fits very well onto the factory T3X and T1X stock - no drilling needed. The existing swivel stud and existing screw are too short to work well. If you wanted to keep a swivel stud available and also use the rail the longer swivel stud from this kit will work. You can still attach a sling to the swivel stud while the rail is on. If you want screws instead, these 10-32 1" alloy steel black oxide screws work well. The 1 1/8" screws are too long. 7/8" might work as well. I went with the 1" length.

Also, the Caldwell pic to swivel stud adapter is neat, and also works quite well for a bipod attachment.

You're also Australian. You can get different things than us. Early on was thinking about getting a lefty in 300 win mag varmint. Pretty sure you can get them there. We can't even in right hand.
Tikka is very popular in UK, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia.
Thankfully we get decent supplies of the Sako and Tikka rifles
Local gun shop sells at least 5 Tikkas for every other brand on his display.

Is it possible for you to purchase here in Australia and get it sent over?

Tikka is very popular in UK, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia.
Thankfully we get decent supplies of the Sako and Tikka rifles
Local gun shop sells at least 5 Tikkas for every other brand on his display.

Is it possible for you to purchase here in Australia and get it sent over?
Probably wouldnt be as economical. Besides I've got my Tikka. Need to take and post fully updated pics since I got my Sterk parts.

Hawkins makes some direct mount 25 moa rings that will work on a Tikka that are lightweight and have a level built in. They are their Long Range Hybrids.

I have these on a 700 in 300rum and love them

Reactions: 260284
Do you have any pictures of it attached to the rifle? I'm either going this route, or the Arca Lite from Mountain Tactical.
It's on my T1X at the moment, here are some pics of that. If you want the T3x in particular I'll swap it over and take pics of that. I started the Mountain Tactical route but it's out of stock everywhere and they don't answer the phone or email, and RRS customer support is top notch.

20211222_235629.jpg
20211222_235546.jpg
20211222_235531.jpg

Received the new "CTR" yesterday.
Posse on the forum was right, it does NOT come with the CTR bottom metal and metal magazine.
I was on that trust, because it is like normal CTR on the Tikka site.
But it is not a problem, i am not going to use this factory stock a long period.
Even it has a adjustable cheek rest, it is not KRG :cool:.
I might been to keen on the 6.5PRC text on the factory list when i ordered my rifle, because when it arrived yesterday and i opened the package,
it is a stainless steel:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Well, with a cerakote we can deal that too.
But if it would be a chrome moly barrel, think that barrel life curve whould be a much longer.
I have one CTR 260rem, that i have shot well well over 4000 rounds, and it still shoot´s 0.3 MOA with the same load i made for it 5 years ago.
Have some one on the forum had 6.5PRC, how long the barrel life with this caliber is?
For sure it all how hot you shoot it, and keep it hot.
CTR 6.5PRC.jpg

Looks like super varmit/ tac stock ?
So basically magnum super varmit?

Is it a 1 stg trigger...?

First test at the range.
Great product and love the bolt throw.
It might be the grs bifrost stock or my grip. But the sterk seems a touch too low. Gets a little in the way of my Trigger finger when 90°.

Anyone else experience this?

Attachments

• sketch-1640289676378.png
    sketch-1640289676378.png
    3 MB · Views: 112
First test at the range.
Great product and love the bolt throw.
It might be the grs bifrost stock or my grip. But the sterk seems a touch too low. Gets a little in the way of my Trigger finger when 90°.

Anyone else experience this?
The stock is probably playing into that some since the GRS positions your hand rather uniquely. I've never noticed my sterk handle get in my way.