• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Quick question. I see many of the guys here have a holder for a couple of ready rounds next to the exjection port. What are they called & where can I get some ? I’ve tried lots of search terms & nothing comes up :( Cheers

Short Action Precision makes them

Finally got this Tikka to the range just to see what it could do. was planning on rebuilding it as I really don't have a need for a light weight rifle. However, after seeing how it shoots I don't know if I want to mess with it.

5 rounds Hornady Precision Hunter
100 yds, 38 degrees, 6 mph winds

Anyone know of a source for tikka take-off barrels? Picked up a 7mm mag t3 lite today and would like to put a 300wsm barrel on it at some point.

So are you saying it’s incorrect to preload a bipod?

Not so much “incorrect” as it is unnecessary. Everyone has their own style that works for them, but the point is that you don’t need to pre-load a bipod to shoot accurately or consistently.

Strike33: Which model Tikka do you have. (Sorry if I missed it if you mentioned before today.
Its a T3 6.5 Creedmoor with an XCaliber Barrel, fluted bolt, McMillan Game Scout, Trigger Spring, Swept bolt handle and Mountain Tactical aluminum bottom metal.
Its amazing that its as accurate as it is with an unbedded stock

Not so much “incorrect” as it is unnecessary. Everyone has their own style that works for them, but the point is that you don’t need to pre-load a bipod to shoot accurately or consistently.

What is the correct way then? I’ve had issues with the rifle jumping when I don’t load the bipod, which is why I started doing it. Granted this is a very light weight hunting rifle in 270win. What should I try instead of preloading?

Quick question. I see many of the guys here have a holder for a couple of ready rounds next to the exjection port. What are they called & where can I get some ? I’ve tried lots of search terms & nothing comes up :( Cheers

What does the 8” stand for?

Attachments

• A85E1A83-2BBD-4F15-9F48-6EDB8E1246F6.jpeg
    A85E1A83-2BBD-4F15-9F48-6EDB8E1246F6.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 192
Just put this together , Still waiting on my KRG trigger.

T3x SS .308
VX-5HD 3-15x44mm CDS-ZL2
B&C stock
Mountain Tactical Gen2 Bottom Metal
DNZ Low mount
Seekins Precision sling rail system
SLR mini single port brake once the barrel is chopped down to 18" next month

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
Thanks I’ve had a couple of replies to the query & have ordered some of these. If anyone in the UK needs some, I have ordered a selection, so they will be available from UK stock shortly.

Many thanks to those that responded.

Finally got my new rifle out. Really like how it's looking so far. Did some barrel break in. This is 8 cold bore shots with a damn good cleaning in between:D

Attachments

• IMG_20190311_134121_956-01.jpeg
    IMG_20190311_134121_956-01.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 132
I wish I had McMillians laying around for a .22 What head is that on the tripod?

I will have to look through my orders. It was just one I found off of Amazon. McMillan's are nice ? I took it off my 223 trainer since I just bought a J Allen for it.

I will have to look through my orders. It was just one I found off of Amazon. McMillan's are nice ? I took it off my 223 trainer since I just bought a J Allen for it.

That head looks alot lower profile than mine. Report back if you can

Ugh, another picture of a beautiful metal object laid out on rocks/concrete/bricks/stone/etc... I'll never understand that.

6BR in the MDT ACC Chassis.

View attachment 7043091
How are you liking the ACC chassis? Have you added any weights to it yet?

I have this chassis on one of my custom guns in 6XC (sorry this one is not a Tikka haha), I have it loaded with barrel channel weights and the butt stock weight and the recoil with my Heathen brake is almost non-exist ... really a great chassis to play around with

I finally received my X-ray, really liking it.
But Whiskey is the love connection, that is just amazing rig.
Tikka T3X CTR 308win.
Custom cerakoted.
Ase Utra SL5i supp, Coletac cover+2ammo holder.
Spuhr mount, Kahles K624i scope, Vortex defender caps, Mkmachining level and lever, Sterk swept bolthandle:love:, Atlasworx boltshroud, MDT AICS magazines, these are great by the way, Atlas prs bipod, Riflesticks spiked feets, these are killers.

Yup! But, looks like they’re already outta stock (at least the one in the link)
Not a positive attribute for me. I hate those magazines. I’m either going to sell the rifle or put it in an AICS-compatible chassis.

How are you liking the ACC chassis? Have you added any weights to it yet?

I have this chassis on one of my custom guns in 6XC (sorry this one is not a Tikka haha), I have it loaded with barrel channel weights and the butt stock weight and the recoil with my Heathen brake is almost non-exist ... really a great chassis to play around with

I think it's a very well thought out design. Mine does have some issues though, you can scroll down to post #196 here to read my mini-review: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mdt-acc-chassis.6908492/page-4#post-7601655

Reactions: Simia Dei
Not a positive attribute for me. I hate those magazines. I’m either going to sell the rifle or put it in an AICS-compatible chassis.

Grayboe makes an aics bottom metal that fits a ctr inlet. Mine should be here Monday along with their terrain stock.

Reactions: 260284
I finally received my X-ray, really liking it.
But Whiskey is the love connection, that is just amazing rig.
Tikka T3X CTR 308win.
Custom cerakoted.
Ase Utra SL5i supp, Coletac cover+2ammo holder.
Spuhr mount, Kahles K624i scope, Vortex defender caps, Mkmachining level and lever, Sterk swept bolthandle:love:, Atlasworx boltshroud, MDT AICS magazines, these are great by the way, Atlas prs bipod, Riflesticks spiked feets, these are killers.

How do you like W3 vs. X-Ray vs. Bravo?