• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Z28.JPG

This isn't totally true. Pederson Precision wraps rock creek and mullerworks barrels. He designed the tenon/cr on junction to where it can be turned down for different applications. All his barrels come with a 1.25" shank, but he turns them to 1.1" for tikkas on the regular prior to cutting tennon and chamber.
Good info, thanks!

Also, is anyone running an Athlon Midas Tac on their tikka? Currently, I have a SWFA 3-9 HD on my hunting rig.

Glass is solid, but not crazy about the turrets and no zero stop. (Not a big deal but would like to have for both hunting and long range shooting) Love the ARES ETR I'm running on my CTR. But, looking for something for something solid for my t3x superlite in 7mag. Open to ideas.

@Massoud question on the tikka stock. I have a t3 bravo, and am getting a t1x 17hmr. Can I retrofit the t3 stock? Or so I need a whole new t1x bravo?

Also, is anyone running an Athlon Midas Tac on their tikka? Currently, I have a SWFA 3-9 HD on my hunting rig.

Glass is solid, but not crazy about the turrets and no zero stop. (Not a big deal but would like to have for both hunting and long range shooting) Love the ARES ETR I'm running on my CTR. But, looking for something for something solid for my t3x superlite in 7mag. Open to ideas.

I have the Midas Tac 5-25×56 and love it.

Not a good hunting scope imo. Chinese made, took 3 to get one that worked. The reticle is imo too thin for a hunting optic. I’d stick with the swfa for a hunting scope. If you want more features I personally like the f1 nightforce shv.

Appreciate the input. May check out the NF. I’ve had good luck with Athlon and thought at 9x and above, the reticle might look more like a standard duplex in the midas.

not a great reason to go away from the swfa at the ranges i hunt, really. But i do like to quickly dial my ranges and return to zero.

@Massoud question on the tikka stock. I have a t3 bravo, and am getting a t1x 17hmr. Can I retrofit the t3 stock? Or so I need a whole new t1x bravo?

T3x Bravo on left and T1x Bravo on right. Should work but you'll need to remove the mag release on the bravo and possibly open up the magwell a bit.
20201110_170247[1734].jpg

I have one on my TAC A1

Got my barreled action back from Tim over at Solid Accuracy today. Barrel looks awesome and can't wait to get it to the range, hopefully tomorrow. Will get some better pics once I get outside.

Tikka T3X CTR
Criterion 26" straight bull barrel chambered in .308 win tac
Hellfire brake
Anarchy Outdoors bolt handle/knob
KRG Bravo
Area419 Arcalock rail/setup
Midas Tac 5-25x56 APRS3 MIL
Vortex PMR rings

20201110_152204[1735].jpg

The Bushnell LRHS and LRST make for good FFP hunting scopes.

Lol this has been posted a few times now. Im currently using a t3 bravo on a t1x. You need to change how the trigger guard on the bravo mounts as the internal button head screw is in the way on the t1x magazine well. 2019052.jpg20190525_170902.jpg201905252.jpg68489905_10216416412616307_6836455799032643584_o.jpg

Reactions: MC56
Anyway you could pm the build specs. I can't get my jaw back up off the floor. MAN that is badass.

:p, thanks man.
That is a Tikka T3X CTR 260rem.
Sterk swept bolt handle and Atlasworx bolt shroud.
Ensio Firearms spiral fluted bolt and barrel.
KRG whiskey chassis, custom cerakoted with Finnish army M05 camo pattern.
Audere 2-piece rings.
ZCO 527 scope.
Ase Utra Sl5i suppressor.
ColeTac Metal phyton cover and 2 ammo holder.
Atlas CAL bipod with Boscabel titanium spiked feets.

:p, thanks man.
That is a Tikka T3X CTR 260rem.
Sterk swept bolt handle and Atlasworx bolt shroud.
Ensio Firearms spiral fluted bolt and barrel.
KRG whiskey chassis, custom cerakoted with Finnish army M05 camo pattern.
Audere 2-piece rings.
ZCO 527 scope.
Ase Utra Sl5i suppressor.
ColeTac Metal phyton cover and 2 ammo holder.
Atlas CAL bipod with Boscabel titanium spiked feets.
Thanks bro. That is one sweet ass rifle.

Reactions: viking78
This is a rifle of mine I like a lot. I got a used T3X Varmint 223 off gunbroker that someone had cut back to about 21" and threaded. I dropped it in an MPA chasis and been shooting 1/2 MOA with Federal GM.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2020-02-23 18:19:31.097393.png
    Ballistic-X-Export-2020-02-23 18:19:31.097393.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
  • 16051944898017099375173375967798.jpg
    16051944898017099375173375967798.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 141
This is a rifle of mine I like a lot. I got a used T3X Varmint 223 off gunbroker that someone had cut back to about 21" and threaded. I dropped it in an MPA chasis and been shooting 1/2 MOA with Federal GM.

What kind of velocity do you get out of that? I am considering chopping mine to 18-20" for hunting suppressed.

What kind of velocity do you get out of that? I am considering chopping mine to 18-20" for hunting suppressed.
I'm close sea level and temps in the 80s I got 77g FGMM @ 2629 and 69g FGMM @ 2806 off a magnetospeed with Specwar 5.56 attached.

Fwiw Iv got 2900 with my 22” lite shooting 75/77s, this is reloading. Nodes ended up being 2750-2800 dependent on bullet. The stock barrel has a pretty tight throat leaving a lot of bullet in the case.

Also on a side note. Took two deer in MT already this year with a 77tmk loaded to 2750 in my 223. Worked awesome. Will be carrying it for gun season while I continue to wait for my 6.5 CM tikka to come back with hopefully a good barrel this time.
B0EF9AD1-281A-4F82-8D81-F8E672E4D5EC.jpeg

This rifle shoots 77tmk better than anything Iv loaded in it. Not uncommon to put a 3/4” dot out for zero confirmation and put them all in there. Continues to be the gun I trust the most to put a shot where it needs to be within 500 yards.

I was going to start a separate thread but I’ll just ask here. I have a T3x lite in 223 that I plan to put in a bravo chassis, should I get the CTR bravo and use the new 223 mags or go AICS and use MDT mags? COAL isn’t super important to me but reliability is, I’d rather not pay the ridiculous price for CTR mags but I’ll suck it up if the MDT is inferior.

I was going to start a separate thread but I’ll just ask here. I have a T3x lite in 223 that I plan to put in a bravo chassis, should I get the CTR bravo and use the new 223 mags or go AICS and use MDT mags? COAL isn’t super important to me but reliability is, I’d rather not pay the ridiculous price for CTR mags but I’ll suck it up if the MDT is inferior.
From what I've seen no problems with either. Mdt works. Ctr works. Magpul AICS? No.

It's more personal preference.

Reactions: 260284

I tend to like staying within universal standards where possible. Hence the aics. You would need to buy a new mag, but you can also sell the ctr.

If you ever plan on getting a non tikka, or lets say another rifle in an x-ray or something and want the ability to swap around, for sure go aics

Reactions: LeftyJason
I tend to like staying within universal standards where possible. Hence the aics. You would need to buy a new mag, but you can also sell the ctr.

If you ever plan on getting a non tikka, or lets say another rifle in an x-ray or something and want the ability to swap around, for sure go aics
No ctr mag to sell. Says he has a lite.

Also beneficial for AICS if you ever need to borrow or lend a mag someday.

Also doesnt look like anyone makes a 5 round ctr 223 magazine. Might matter for some activities.

Beretta is having their Fall Sale right now - up to 40% off. Just picked up several Tikka .223 CTR mags.

FALL20 20% off $100
FALL30 30% off $250
FALL40 40% off $400

Link

Reactions: Krazy_jim
Has anyone tried running a Tikka in 223 AI with CTR 223 magazines? I’m considering it but would love to know if it will cause any feeding issues.

I would also like to know if anyone has tried this, thinking of doing a 223ai build and running CTR mags but wondering how they feed. Anyone with feedback?

I would also like to know if anyone has tried this, thinking of doing a 223ai build and running CTR mags but wondering how they feed. Anyone with feedback?

Not sure if it is caliber specific but my CTR mags, in 6.5, feed flawlessly in my TAC A1

I use the MDT poly AICS mags in my Tikka Varmint. I had to file down the feed lips to keep the bolt from dragging, but I have 3 and they feed great. Loaned one to a guy at a match that was shooting a Rem 700 and they worked fine in his rifle too.

Not sure if it is caliber specific but my CTR mags, in 6.5, feed flawlessly in my TAC A1

Appreciate the info! But yes it’s kinda caliber specific, the 223ai has a bit different case specs than the standard 223 and sometimes has difficulty feeding out of mags without some modifications.

Ok Tikka experts... I have a question.

I have a modified CTR 6.5 with a prefit heavy barrel and KRG chassis (not great for kids hunting). But am wanting to get a hunting rifle for the kids and want a 223 for range fun (223 not being my preferred kids hunting round). Thinking about buying a tikka 223 compact light (mainly for action, bolt, and compact LOP stock) then putting my old 6.5 ctr barrel on it, buy a new 308 bolt for it, and use the 223 bolt and barrel as a switch barrel set up for my rifle.

have not run all the numbers on this but thinking this might be the way to go. My main issue is the light 223 barrel not working great for range shooting on my gun.

Thoughts

Am I better off just buying a prefit 223 and bolt for my rifle? and then a dedicated kids hunting rifle?

Thanks for the input, sounds like the MDT mags can be reliable in 223. That Fall sale looks good but of course I live in Canada and it isn't being done up here.

Ok Tikka experts... I have a question.

I have a modified CTR 6.5 with a prefit heavy barrel and KRG chassis (not great for kids hunting). But am wanting to get a hunting rifle for the kids and want a 223 for range fun (223 not being my preferred kids hunting round). Thinking about buying a tikka 223 compact light (mainly for action, bolt, and compact LOP stock) then putting my old 6.5 ctr barrel on it, buy a new 308 bolt for it, and use the 223 bolt and barrel as a switch barrel set up for my rifle.

have not run all the numbers on this but thinking this might be the way to go. My main issue is the light 223 barrel not working great for range shooting on my gun.

Thoughts

Am I better off just buying a prefit 223 and bolt for my rifle? and then a dedicated kids hunting rifle?
Whatever you decide to do I would wait on buying the bolt for a little bit. LRI is supposed to be finishing up aftermarket Tikka bolts soon.

Reactions: Krazy_jim
Hey guys I have my CTR in a MDT ACC currently but I like the feel of a stock better. I’m thinking of selling the ACC and picking up a KRG Bravo. Any of you Bravo owners out there able to tell me how you like them? Thanks for the info guys!

I have one on my Tikka T1X and love it. I also have a TAC A1 that I've been thinking of putting one on

Reactions: RowdyAF
Any issues with fitment of action to chassis? Any need to bed at all?
Also, does bravo come with action screws? Probably a dumb question.