• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

7F251881-B54A-4642-B303-F16E562A5CEE.jpeg

back in a chassis

Question on reloading OAL of a 308 ?
I'm starting to reload test rounds for my 308 TAC 1, I find that I can reload 168/175's to a OAL of 2.93" (+-) and they function through the Mag. Does anyone else load their 308's to longer than the 2.8" (+) "standard" ??

I do, but make sure your bullets aren't hitting the lands.

I do, but make sure your bullets aren't hitting the lands.
Thank you, I have and nether the 168's or 175's come close to touching the lands.
Now, I need to know what TAC A1 owners are doing to lengthen their LOP ? I bought mine gently used but no spacers came with it. Has anyone used something else as spacers ??, I 'll look into super heavy recoil butt pads.

Does anyone run a Versapod with their KRG Bravo or other KRG/TRG chassis?

I'm looking for a KRG/TRG compatible Versapod spigot but fail to find one that's actually in stock in Europe (or anywhere that ships to Europe).

I'm looking for a KRG/TRG compatible Versapod spigot but fail to find one that's actually in stock in Europe (or anywhere that ships to Europe).

Vertebrae had this spigot for KRG chassis, but i think that the company is out of the business these days.
You could ask company named RPS, that do they have this spigot mount on the selction these days.

Err ignore, just saw the pic in previous post, not compatible.

Does it use the same spigot as the GRS Bifrost stock? I got one recently for mine. Should be available in Europe, if not I know a place in UK that should have one. They got mine in record time.

Very nice specs? What did the MCM weigh?

t3x action
Carbon barrel in 6.5 cm 20”
Mountain tactical bottom metal and mag
Area 419 rail
Mcmillan game warden edge fill

Total weight as it sits is 6lb 10oz. Will be getting a swfa 3-9 for the time being. Also have a gemtech tracker to run on the front.

Not the lightest but I’m happy with an around 10lb all set with a bipod.

I’ll have to weigh the stock alone when I get a chance

Reactions: Wiscat and 260284
t3x action
Carbon barrel in 6.5 cm 20”
Mountain tactical bottom metal and mag
Area 419 rail
Mcmillan game warden edge fill

Total weight as it sits is 6lb 10oz. Will be getting a swfa 3-9 for the time being. Also have a gemtech tracker to run on the front.

Not the lightest but I’m happy with an around 10lb all set with a bipod.

I’ll have to weigh the stock alone when I get a chance

Please do. I tried to switch 22” 6CM carbonsix to a 20” 6.5 SAUM but it was too late in the process. Best i can figure kitted we’ll be doing good to hit 10lbs with the bipod and can. Here’s what I’ve got thus far.

Tikka T3x
Mountain tactical 20 MOA rail
Mesa arms altitude stock
Carbonsix 22” 6cm
Leupold 4-24x52 VX6HD
SiCo Hybrid with the hellfire system.

The question is, did you miss a coyote?😄

My wife can always tell if I missed a coyote. Because I always head straight to the range when I get home.
Nope! But man do I know what you mean... For some reason nothing bothers me more than missing a coyote!

Err ignore, just saw the pic in previous post, not compatible.

Does it use the same spigot as the GRS Bifrost stock? I got one recently for mine. Should be available in Europe, if not I know a place in UK that should have one. They got mine in record time.
I do, there was a European company making a bravo spigot. Not sure if they are still in business tho.

not related to your question but i use to run a versapod, in my honest opinion they are not worth the money. at least $200 plus here in australia.
could never lock it properly. way too much movement. went atlas and haven't looked back.

Reactions: beetroot
Anybody got any pictures or information on 223 builds in KRG bravos?

Whatcha want to know?

Ignore the janky bipod setup. I had to scavenge the atlas for a different setup.
EF05BAF4-6BB1-4D43-B7A3-7F1EA00B7275.jpeg

Whatcha want to know?

Ignore the janky bipod setup. I had to scavenge the atlas for a different setup.View attachment 7513227
What magazines are you using? What does the set up weigh? I’m thinking of throwing a stainless light barreled action in a bravo chassis. Then cutting the barrel to 16 and threading it for a suppressor..

Never put one on a scale. Not super hard to add up numbers to get a real close guess tho

Add an extra pound for the stock, should be right at 7 1/4 for bare rifle.

At this point weight is what it is. Carried this thing for tons of miles hunting almost everyday this fall. Wasn’t bad even with the longer atlas CAL bipod and loaded mag.

Mags. Ai mags and mdt. Prefer the ai mags in this particular gun.

16” is pretty short. But it’s your gun do what ya want.

What magazines are you using? What does the set up weigh? I’m thinking of throwing a stainless light barreled action in a bravo chassis. Then cutting the barrel to 16 and threading it for a suppressor..
Direct thread or brake attach?

A lite at 16" is only 0.673". 9/16-24 thread recommended size is 0.662". Recommended od for a direct thread 5/8 thread is 0.725". If you go 5/8 you only have 0.025" per side of shoulder. That's half the shoulder they recommend.

Vertebrae had this spigot for KRG chassis, but i think that the company is out of the business these days.
You could ask company named RPS, that do they have this spigot mount on the selction these days.
I just got an email from Kenneth, formerly Vertebrae, now Salamander Tactical: They will hopefully have stock of their Versapod spigot later this week.

Reactions: viking78
Direct thread or brake attach?

A lite at 16" is only 0.673". 9/16-24 thread recommended size is 0.662". Recommended od for a direct thread 5/8 thread is 0.725". If you go 5/8 you only have 0.025" per side of shoulder. That's half the shoulder they recommend.
I will be going 1/2x28 direct thread. That’s the standard thread pitch for 223. Either running a 1/2x28 end cap or a shouldered 1/2x28-5/8-24 adaptor rockseted in place. Probably the latter.

16” is pretty short. But it’s your gun do what ya want.

Looking through my notes I think 16 is the longest 223/556 I’ve ever had. Hopefully Hornady Superformance or a 55gr clone should scare 3000fps. The length is simply due to wanting it to be as short as possible with a suppressor. A trainer and a walk around coyote rifle. 17.5 would put me at 23” on the barrel so maybe that’s where I will go.

In the meantime I hope Tikka gets some resupplies out to dealers. This lack of availability sucks.

If you want a 6.5CM Roughtech or Veil, the availability is great. LOL.
Right! Those rifles don't interest me at all. IMO the thing that made tikka as popular as they are is the fact that they were a solid/inexpensive base rifle to change as you go. That's what I have done on the 5 I have owned.

Reactions: DROWN
Anyone have their t3x action cerakoted? Is the coating thin enough to do the inside of the action too? Any preferable alternatives to cerakote?

Anyone have their t3x action cerakoted? Is the coating thin enough to do the inside of the action too? Any preferable alternatives to cerakote?
I've had 2 done. No clearance issues. The coating is wearing off on the 300 I had done in 2014 but its had a rough life. The barrel and action look perfect. The 270 I had done in 2018 looks great. That one was spiral fluted which seemed to help the wear. For the money I would have LRI flute and coat it in one shot.

If you're worried about not having clearace on the inside send it to @LongRifles Inc. They will hone the inside with a sunnen hone machine if needed. Chad did a video on it awhile ago.

Reactions: Wiscat
I know, 5 shot groups...

but, had a buddy who had never shot before who wanted to learn today. Only had 100 yards available so wanted to teach him fundamentals.

Gun: Factory CTR 24” 6.5
Ammo : Factory 140 eld m

after his first 3 round string we changed out rear bag and he shot the following:

1634FE23-135D-4C2C-9A55-E24747C604C7.jpeg

F0F91BF9-6E69-4D02-A6BC-B92248AE154E.jpeg

I have never seen someone hop on a gun and pick it up so fast. He is an archery guy so was able to understand his interface with the gun and movement very quickly.

a buddy had also sent me some handloads he wanted me to try. Not having many, i just shot one group to verify

06675E5C-3C85-4640-875C-D8467B7A98B6.jpeg

These guns continue to blow me away. They just flat out shoot.

I've got a 24" varmnit in an X-ray, and own a bravo for my t1x. The .223 is a heavy SOB, and works just find in the krg. The t1x in the bravo is not much heavier than when it was wearing the varmit stock. Heavy vs light scope will make a bigger difference than adding the bravo.

I use accurate mag .223 mags. Little pricey but they are fantastic

Does the ARCA rail negatively effect holding the forend? Doesn't look like it'd be comfortable to grip off hand or positional shooting.
It’s a picatinny, chosen for that very reason. I don’t think a full length arca would be very comfortable on the game warden

Are there any chassis out there for the Tikka T3 rifle, that uses the factory mags?

I can wholeheartedly recommend the vision chassis. Made in Norway with 7075 T651 Aluminium.
Good ergonomics, adjustability and a full ARCA-rail on the foreend.

I have a 6,5CM CTR in one of their chassis with the competition foreend. Ive added the folding mechanism, a vertical grip from MDT and topped it off with a Kahles K624i in RAL 8000 with MSR reticle.

Vision Chassis (skytterlinken.com)

CC2B5658-C1CC-4902-8E20-C9409FFD8736.jpeg

Now I just need to wait for stainless lites to ever come back in stock. That will give me plenty of time to pick a caliber... 223,22-250, or 243? I’m set up to load all 3. 223 is the most economical choice. But that’s pretty well handled by my gas gun. 22-250 is fun, and an 8 twist would be neat but I will be stuck with 5rds in an ai mag. 243 it’s one of my favorite calibers but is pretty big for shooting predators close..

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
View attachment 7515180
Now I just need to wait for stainless lites to ever come back in stock. That will give me plenty of time to pick a caliber... 223,22-250, or 243? I’m set up to load all 3. 223 is the most economical choice. But that’s pretty well handled by my gas gun. 22-250 is fun, and an 8 twist would be neat but I will be stuck with 5rds in an ai mag. 243 it’s one of my favorite calibers but is pretty big for shooting predators close..
I’d give scheels a call wherever your willing to drive. They had a ton of tikkas last time I was there. And they will price match

I’d give scheels a call wherever your willing to drive. They had a ton of tikkas last time I was there. And they will price match
Where is this? I've been waiting for a backorder for over a month and I'm getting impatient.