• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Sportsmatch rings..
TO84: 30mm with 42mm objective.
Cheap and very secure! Made in England

59224.jpg

The 1" fits some 50mm objective scopes.

Reactions: Dobermann
Not sure if this should be in the reloading section or here, but it's a Tikka so here it is.

Loaded up a ladder with 140 ELDM from 40-41.4 grs of Rl16 in Peterson SRP brass plus 5 at 40.5gr as that load showed some promise two years ago when I first got this barrel chambered. I shot the five with 40.5 first and decided not to shoot the ladder. 2856 average, SD of 6, and ES of 14. Had some horizontal stringing, but that was me fighting the mirage. This Bartlein is a fast barrel for sure. Decided to try some of the 130gr Norma Golden Target that I use for hunting in my 18" Tikka CTR for hunting. They run 2785 out of that gun suppressed. I was surprised that they ran 200 fps faster with 10" more barrel. 2985 av, SD 4, ES 11. Now to decide which load to run. Really like the new Thunder Beast Arms Corporation Dominus CB. It is going to be my do all suppressor. Almost ready for the NRL Hunter Washita Showdown.
IMG_E2039.JPG
IMG_2040.JPG
IMG_2041.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
IMG_2037.JPG
IMG_2034.JPG
IMG_2033.JPG
IMG_2046.JPG
IMG_2047.JPG

This is my Tika T3 Ultra-lite in 6.5 Creedmoor. Mine isn't as fancy as a lot of these but it will sure shoot. The longest I have shot it is 200 yards. But it will shoot Hornady 143 ELDX into about a quarter size group at 200. Maybe the most accurate hunting rifle I own. I couldn't be happier. After reading this thread, I'm ordering a Yo Dave Trigger spring today! I thought about changing the stock but it already shoots so good. I don't know if I would gain anything by spending the dough on another stock. It sure started shooting better when i changed the scope from a 400 dollar Burris to a Zeiss VX-4.

Attachments

• tika 1.jpg
    tika 1.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 98
  • tika.jpg
    tika.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 108
Anyone have an extra factory trigger assembly they’d like to part with?

I also have a Timney 2 stage assembly id like to part with.

☝I miss snow.
My brother in law successfully dodged it. Left Delaware Sunday at 0600 to drop off mom in DC and hauled ass across PA to make it by the high parts of 80 before the storm hit (on the way back to Cleveland). I've sat in winter traffic with it closed until they plowed and deiced that area.

First Tikka T3X that i did not liked was this 223rem TAC A1.
Though i dont have it no more.
And it was more my son, but hi liked more the 6.5 Creedmoor and 260rem.
I was just not able to shoot it well, not as i can do with all the other calibers, i am not sure was it because the caliber, or what.
It came as a 24", but it got cut down to 18".
It would be cheap to shoot, that´s for sure.
T1.jpg

I have had TAC A1 in 6.5Creedmoor, that was awesome.
T9.jpg

I was just not able to shoot it well, not as i can do with all the other calibers, i am not sure was it because the caliber, or what.
View attachment 7789175

View attachment 7789179
Tervehdys!

You might have given up a little early on that 223. I've got a T3X Varmint in that caliber and it just loves the Berger 77 OTM and Sierra 77 SMK. I also have a T3 light in the same caliber that shoots almost as well with the Hornady 75 ELD.

I may have a Tikka addiction. . . I also have a T3 light in 22-250 and a 695 in 30-06, LOL. The 22-250 is my main coyote killer.

Tervehdys!

You might have given up a little early on that 223. I've got a T3X Varmint in that caliber and it just loves the Berger 77 OTM and Sierra 77 SMK. I also have a T3 light in the same caliber that shoots almost as well with the Hornady 75 ELD.

I may have a Tikka addiction. . . I also have a T3 light in 22-250 and a 695 in 30-06, LOL. The 22-250 is my main coyote killer.
Merican bullets are hard to find from Finland these very tough years ;)

who makes the best ctr-aics bottom metal currently? also what 3 round mags work in with my ctr
Look at AtlasWorx and Mountain Tactical. There are no 3 round mags for a CTR that I have heard of. I have seen a 5 round CTR magazine, but it is the same size as the 10 round magazine.

Look at AtlasWorx and Mountain Tactical. There are no 3 round mags for a CTR that I have heard of. I have seen a 5 round CTR magazine, but it is the same size as the 10 round magazine.
I was referring to 3 round acis mags for the bottom metal

Reactions: 260284
I use 3rd MDT poly mags. It works. Depending on your bottom metal/stock, it will disappear and become unreachable. I just open the bolt and push it out from the top.

Reactions: ejg
Grayboe also makes one. I prefer the lever of the Grayboe option. The Mt Tactical lever is in a horrible location.

Is there anyone with recent experience with a Grayboe Phoenix? Everything I can find has been wishy-washy - rough inlets due to how they are made, not super robust, etc.

I'm assembling a general purpose, field, hunting rifle utilizing regular T3 magazines and CTR barrel. I like the flush fit mags for hunting.

My current requirements:
- Regular T3 Mags
- Can take CTR light palma profile barrel
- Adjustable Cheek Piece
- Max 48oz (but prefer lighter)
- Not a 6-12 month wait

These has left me with the following:
- KRG Bravo (Cheapest, At roughly max weight and uses CTR mags)
- Manners EH1 from PX (Most expensive and even more to add cheekpiece, middle weight range, but does add 5-6oz to get a cheek piece added)
- Graybie Phoenix (Middle cost, comes with cheekpiece, 35oz, takes T3 mags)
Check out the German Gun Stock Ranger and Reaper. Depending on how many options you choose, you can stay under 3 lbs easy. I have both, but I added an AREA 419 rail to the reaper. I swap my three Tikkas between a Ranger, Reaper, Raptor, and a MDT ACC depending on what I am using the rifle for. I had my 18" CTR in the Reaper for the 2020 deer season and had it in the Ranger this year.

First picture is the Ranger, second is the Reaper. They have a full aluminum bedding block with a stainless recoil lug, so you torque them down and you are good. My son has a T3 Lite in a 270 in a Ranger with the factory bottom metal inlet.
OXSU4036.JPG
20210116_133030.jpg

3 hour drive down to EuroOptic today, through fairly scenic PA. Beautiful show room. I could have easily left that place thousands of dollars in debt 😭
Swampfox 1-10 mil that I just threw on for fun actually works quite well. Just needs some slightly lower rings. Oh and I took off the rear spacers and butt pad all together. I prefer a shorter LOP. Something to do with my stubby arms.
PXL_20220121_215253800~3.jpg

Was at the local Cabelas yesterday and they had a TAC A1 6.5 Creed, a 24" 6.5 Creed CTR, and a 20" 260 Tikka TSR-1 that Tikka did a few years back.

My new 223 CTR in the “KRG-22” chassis shoots beautifully. It’s 20” 1:8 twist. I got some cheap Lapua FMJ ammo then reloaded with 73 gr ELDM. I haven’t done anything to it except put on a Sterk bolt handle and drop it in the chassis. It’s become my favorite rifle, at least for a minute. Will be for grouse and maybe small deer and targets out to 500 m.

Using an MDT chassis not GRS. Not interested in shipping a $60 bolt handle to Australia either. My reference to tweak it was give you some feedback so we could have a handle that is usable, maybe a slightly different SKU that worked with other chassis, not asking for some snowflake treatment. Thanks for letting me know that it’s mine to do what I want with. That helps.
I’d like to update this thread. A couple weeks ago I received an email from John at Sterk. The email was very detailed regarding the design of the swept handle and the handles limitations with regards to different stocks and chassis. Also in email was an extraordinary offer from John if I decided the handle was not for me. I will not disclose the offer; but, I will tell you that it was too generous for me to even consider. I didn’t order a custom handle, therefore it’s not the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide a custom fitted product. Anyway, I told him that I was going to try a different grip to resolve my issue and get back with him. If the grip didn’t work I’d buy another handle to try.
I ordered an MDT Elite Vertical Handle that arrived yesterday. Once installing the new grip and going through a 30min dry fire practice session…issue 100% resolved. Just the slight little bit that my wrist/hand rotated down has completely solved my problem.
I’d like to thank John publicly again for his response, his desire to help resolve the problem, and for making an outrageously generous, and totally unnecessary offer to make me happy. Great guy ti deal with.
Thanks, John @Sterk !!

Brent

I’d like to update this thread. A couple weeks ago I received an email from John at Sterk. The email was very detailed regarding the design of the swept handle and the handles limitations with regards to different stocks and chassis. Also in email was an extraordinary offer from John if I decided the handle was not for me. I will not disclose the offer; but, I will tell you that it was too generous for me to even consider. I didn’t order a custom handle, therefore it’s not the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide a custom fitted product. Anyway, I told him that I was going to try a different grip to resolve my issue and get back with him. If the grip didn’t work I’d buy another handle to try.
I ordered an MDT Elite Vertical Handle that arrived yesterday. Once installing the new grip and going through a 30min dry fire practice session…issue 100% resolved. Just the slight little bit that my wrist/hand rotated down has completely solved my problem.
I’d like to thank John publicly again for his response, his desire to help resolve the problem, and for making an outrageously generous, and totally unnecessary offer to make me happy. Great guy ti deal with.
Thanks, John @Sterk !!

Brent
Thank you very much for your cooperation in finding a suitable configuration that you're happy with, enjoy!

Anyone know the outer barrel diameter of a 20" CTR in 223? Looking at muzzle devices, just trying to make sure I get something that fits as flush as possible. Seem to have misplaced my calipers.

i think this belongs in this thread.

i won't use sportsmatch rings any more. they can't handle drops. 3 for 3 that won't pass test. shot at 130 yards.
7750140D-5B8B-40D8-ACB2-AD49F73BC5F5.jpeg
the lack of slot is probably the culprit.
7C5F1ED2-6ECB-45C5-9F9E-4A0DF1C78A74.jpeg
AB967E40-2676-462F-9C8C-6450F352D5B4.jpeg
04CC80EE-BE38-4FBC-A5ED-D3B4939123E7.jpeg

Attachments

• 784BD4DF-FA78-4320-957D-3713CF06C320.jpeg
    784BD4DF-FA78-4320-957D-3713CF06C320.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I have Vortex rings on all my rifles.
from 6.5 to 338LM, and they have given me rock solid performance.
I've bushbashed and dropped my rifle, no change in zero.
I'm not wanting to tell you how to boil water, but make sure everything thing else is torqued up, shoot from a bag, blahblahblah, just to confirm it's all okeydokey.
Enjoy your rifle.
👍