• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Time pieces/Watches?

One of these days I will tell you about the turkey feather I have on my bike.
If it’s anything like the rabbits foot I had on my Harley after riding through Devils Den state park, I’m sure it’s a good one.

I have an MBII, 10th anniversary edition. It is a very nice watch and if I ever eject from an airplane it will keep time perfectly. hahahahaha

Post a picture.

This is the specification I have ordered (along with a 'spare' leather strap which was included in the price): https://www.bremont.com/pages/mybremontmb

1682197044085.png

I will post a picture when it arrives (approx 8 weeks left of the quoted 10 weeks delivery period).

Post a picture.

This is the specification I have ordered (along with a 'spare' leather strap which was included in the price): https://www.bremont.com/pages/mybremontmb

View attachment 8125636

I will post a picture when it arrives (approx 8 weeks left of the quoted 10 weeks delivery period).
GetAttachmentThumbnail
1615772639953-png.15766769

Bremont was great to deal with, I got the watch from an authorized dealer and needed extra long straps, they happily swapped the two new straps that came with the watch for two longer straps. I sent them the new originals and the sent me the correct size, the packages passed in the mail.

No idea why that pic was so uncooperative?

Last edited:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Bremont was great to deal with, I got the watch from an authorized dealer and needed extra long straps, they happily swapped the two new straps that came with the watch for two longer straps. I sent them the new originals and the sent me the correct size, the packages passed in the mail.

Bremont straps are definitely short!!!!

I have a Hawking and never received the longer strap. I’ll order one eventually. Or get on in the UK as I want to visit Bremont sometime.

I sooooo want a codebreaker. But they are too spendy for me.

Sirhr

I sooooo want a codebreaker. But they are too spendy for me.

Sirhr
The secondary market is killing me on some these. Codebreaker, Supermarine Chrono, and the Possible. If they have them, and don't think they do, I need to sacrifice a virgin for one.

IMG_5414.jpg

The Elgin was made in 1903 according to my homework. It was professionally rebuilt and is dead nuts for just over 40 hours on a full wind. I don't know what that does to the value but when I saw it, I knew I had to give it a good home. The back case does come off and you can see the guts moving about....
IMG_5415.jpg

All the hands are a brilliant electric blue. Can't tell from the pics, but they are a nice touch. The 007 is going in for a few mods soon. I always loved dive type watches. Anything bigger than a 43mm case and I couldn't pull it off. Just too chunky. I was hesitant to post these time pieces, felt like poor having seen so many outstanding watches. Something about pocket watches.......old school cool..:cool:

View attachment 8127811
The Elgin was made in 1903 according to my homework. It was professionally rebuilt and is dead nuts for just over 40 hours on a full wind. I don't know what that does to the value but when I saw it, I knew I had to give it a good home. The back case does come off and you can see the guts moving about....
View attachment 8127823
All the hands are a brilliant electric blue. Can't tell from the pics, but they are a nice touch. The 007 is going in for a few mods soon. I always loved dive type watches. Anything bigger than a 43mm case and I couldn't pull it off. Just too chunky. I was hesitant to post these time pieces, felt like poor having seen so many outstanding watches. Something about pocket watches.......old school cool..:cool:
There's fancy in here and not fancy. I posted my gshock that I got for less than $100 and I wasn't made fun of. Post quality, post cool, post what you like. It's all cool. Old school pocket watches fit for sure. Nice looking pocket watch.

Reactions: Nik H
I have my Seiko's and Citizen watches but I would really love a Lange and Sohne Saxonia or Lange 1. Sadly I can't afford a $290,000 watch (Saxonia).

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
View attachment 8127811
View attachment 8127823

Hands are Called fire blue. Done by heating and quenching.

Of note, in the restoration of The Tower Clock and Big Ben in London, it was discovered that the original color of the hands was.. painted fire blue! The giant clock was painted to resemble the finest pocket watches of the time.

Sirhr

Hands are Called fire blue. Done by heating and quenching.

Of note, in the restoration of The Tower Clock and Big Ben in London, it was discovered that the original color of the hands was.. painted fire blue! The giant clock was painted to resemble the finest pocket watches of the time.

Sirhr

It hard to get the Light just right to reflect for a Pic. to get the color to pop in the Fire Blue Hands of the old Elgins . The camera won't pick it up but Sec. Hand is also Blue .
Pic's. always turn-out sweet when taken on most of the modern watches, as most crystals now are multi AR coated.

-

elgin blue hands.jpg

-

ekgin.jpg

-
elgin back jpg.jpg

-

Last edited:
Bump this thread up with.... Diet.. PEPSI

' Diet ' as in.. Lightweight Titanium Case, Ti Bracelet , with Pepsi Bezel .

Seiko NH34 'office' GMT, Date, rotating 24 Hr. Bezel . Auto. with also manual wind, 40 hr. power reserve .
Sapphire crystal AR coated , with a Ti. Bezel and Sapphire Bezel insert . Superluminova illum. on hands and dial markers . screw down Crown, WR 200 Meter . also comes with an extra contoured Silicon Band .

It is stacking 4 hands under the glass, with using a thicker Japan movement, But the watch case thickness is still kept to about 13mm thick . So that not to bad either for a Dive model . I am a firm follower of the Seiko movements. Seiko is the small block Chevy of watch mechanics. Build solid, runs long time reliable, and affordable to buy .
-

PEPSI GMT Sll NH34.jpg

-

For you Rolex buyers/owners, what is a reputable seller you would trust on the secondary market? I know I’ll never be able to get one from an AD

For you Rolex buyers/owners, what is a reputable seller you would trust on the secondary market? I know I’ll never be able to get one from an AD

Bobs watches is good to go, lots of good dealers really.

I would get on a list at an AD, with the market settling down there’s more availability. I’ve gotten two calls from AD’s this year, one only 6 months after I got on their list.

Reactions: southerngolfer
Ah the 3:43 AM 'I need a Rolex post." Excellent. That's how it starts!

Check out the website Chrono24. Very good place to shop. Escrow services and similar buyer protections. Can sort by country. But I stick with US and UK dealers. And have bought from Germans. They are very In Ordung.

Depending on what city you are in, there are good jewelers and non-authorized dealers. Columbus, OH, for example has a great one downtown. Cash talks. And I mean cash...

Cheers and good luck with a first acquisition!

Sirhr

I can't tell you how much I hate this bullshit. You need a "relationship" with an AD to buy a damn watch.

When I finally decided I wanted a "nice" watch, I went to the local dealer. Do you have it....nope, computer shows the Plaza store has one, let me call........they said it is sold. Ok when are you going to get one, we will call you. Bet you know how that went.

Still wanting the watch, I was over on WUS and bitching about this. Guy PM'ed me and said call these guys in Boston. Ahh ok. Yup we have one, do you want it.....ahh.....let me ask the wife.

I was so nervous about just handing over the CC to someone some dude on an internet forum suggested I call, then if it is "real" have a $4k watch going through the mail. That is BIG money to me....for a damn watch. I was not sure what to do. Talked to the wife, she said, well if you want it you have two choices, drive a few hours one way and hope they really do have it, or trust this guy. They did have a store and a web site, and figured I could always dispute the charge should it come to that. Bought the watch and it was here about a week later. Everything as it should be. I was nervous as all hell.

Only other thing I have bought that made me really worry was an SVT40. Think soviet garand with a box mag. That came from just a guy on gunboards. Really worried on what I was going to get, but it was just as described and photo....was happy, but man I was second guessing myself the entire time.

Bump this thread up with.... Diet.. PEPSI

' Diet ' as in.. Lightweight Titanium Case, Ti Bracelet , with Pepsi Bezel .

Seiko NH34 'office' GMT, Date, rotating 24 Hr. Bezel . Auto. with also manual wind, 40 hr. power reserve .
Sapphire crystal AR coated , with a Ti. Bezel and Sapphire Bezel insert . Superluminova illum. on hands and dial markers . screw down Crown, WR 200 Meter . also comes with an extra contoured Silicon Band .

It is stacking 4 hands under the glass, with using a thicker Japan movement, But the watch case thickness is still kept to about 13mm thick . So that not to bad either for a Dive model . I am a firm follower of the Seiko movements. Seiko is the small block Chevy of watch mechanics. Build solid, runs long time reliable, and affordable to buy .
-

View attachment 8155882
-
I'm not a watchologist, but what is the 4th hand for? I don't see it pointing to a calendar, and I DO see the date at the 3 o-clock position. So what's the little red hand do?

www.watchrecon.com seems to have quite a few Rolex’s for sale , either Gray Market or from people selling them. Caveat Emptor Big time.
Haven’t owned a Bremont , but do know Rob at Topper Jewelers in Burlingame CA handles them. He’s good to go. Bought and sold back a few Omegas from him , always seems fair. His website has a preowned section, usually something nice to see.
🇺🇸

I am going to do something I have never done before. Buy something because of a single commercial. I do need a "beater watch" and the one I am looking at is $200 so that will fit in.

I'm in. Pics when I get it.

Check out the website Chrono24. Very good place to shop. Escrow services and similar buyer protections. Can sort by country. But I stick with US and UK dealers. And have bought from Germans. They are very In Ordung.

Depending on what city you are in, there are good jewelers and non-authorized dealers. Columbus, OH, for example has a great one downtown. Cash talks. And I mean cash...

Sirhr
Expect to pay more on a new or like new watch than you will from an AD

Bobs watches is good to go, lots of good dealers really.

I would get on a list at an AD, with the market settling down there’s more availability. I’ve gotten two calls from AD’s this year, one only 6 months after I got on their list.
No kidding. I will need to check into this thank u. Only what I’ve seen/read, most mention need a good relationship that has spent lots of money before they will let u but a watch

I’ve looked at bobs watches website one before. I’ll check them out again. Thank u sir

Sirhr
Haha, we’ll I work nights so 0343 is towards the end of my shift.

Chrono 24 was another one I had seen before, I’ll give them a look again ty

I’m down here in SW Missouri so I guess I’ll need to see who’s an AD. Maybe kc or STL?

Cash normally talks I guess in most instances but I’m not sure I have that much cash ur talking about looking at my first. Purchase and go with a classic sub. Datejust just a little to fancy for my liking

@southerngolfer

I haven’t personally bought from them but I’ve heard good things about Davidsw. I would also check rolexforum for info about any dealer you’re looking at.
I joined the Rolex forums last year but I started looking at YouTube and found grandcaliber and the timepiece gentleman for some initial content. Lots of good fakes made now, scammers everywhere, and prices skyrocketed but settling down from what I’ve been seeing.

Thank u for the info and lead

www.watchrecon.com seems to have quite a few Rolex’s for sale , either Gray Market or from people selling them. Caveat Emptor Big time.
Haven’t owned a Bremont , but do know Rob at Topper Jewelers in Burlingame CA handles them. He’s good to go. Bought and sold back a few Omegas from him , always seems fair. His website has a preowned section, usually something nice to see.
🇺🇸

I have a Bremont and love it. Some of their watches go stratospheric on the secondary market. Others have tumbled. Buying one that has tumbled is a good deal! They have some new tributes out that are spendy. Those usually go up. But a lot of their military and dress watches are really spectacular and can be good bargains.

Great company. Lots of support.

I also just got a Pagoda when I was overseas a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it! Not spendy. Great readability and made by some great guys.

One does not need a Rolex... in fact, since the 'Rolex Bubble' I don't wear mine much. And I would not touch an Audemars with a 10 foot pole since they went all "Pawn stars and Six-Pack Shabazzz" rapper nonsense. Buy against the trend. Watches that are doing really well now (buyers market).... Omega Moon's and dress watches like Constellations, Oris (Oris Brashear is an awesome watch). Older IWC's (portofino's) are gorgeous and way classier than most Rolex's. Another under-rated brand is the Chopard. Well above Rolex in the 'big league' of watches. But not trendy. They make some great driving watches like the Mille Miglia that are cooler than a Daytona without the price tag. And the classic Cartier Tank says "I don't need no 'stinking' Rolex!" Classic deco. Folks who know watches know a Tank is a much classier statement than a Rolex.

Don't get me wrong... I have several Rolex's... all bought in market dips. My first I bought new in 1989 in North Carolina... made payments for 18 months on that one! I was poor.

But there are a lot more 'great' watches without going all bubble. Wait 5 years. Rolex will be in the toilet again and I'll get that Black bezel sub or explorer I've always wanted. Now? Not a chance.

Oh and don't worrry about a used Rolex. They are rebuildable forever... And 'age' just makes them classier.

Cheers,

Sirhr

🇺🇸
I’ll check out there website thank u

Expect to pay more on a new or like new watch than you will from an AD
From some research, most models are going for above retail. I found a website and channel, watchcharts, pretty much lays everything out on the table for me with info

The market has cooled pretty significantly. Plus, I’d rather wait for new stuff than buy a used one.
This is good news. I guess I’ll make a few calls and see what they say and happens. Agreed, new and retail priced would be way better

I have a Bremont and love it. Some of their watches go stratospheric on the secondary market. Others have tumbled. Buying one that has tumbled is a good deal! They have some new tributes out that are spendy. Those usually go up. But a lot of their military and dress watches are really spectacular and can be good bargains.

I also just got a Pagoda when I was overseas a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it! Not spendy. Great readability and made by some great guys.

One does not need a Rolex... in fact, since the 'Rolex Bubble' I don't wear mine much. And I would not touch an Audemars with a 10 foot pole since they went all "Pawn stars and Six-Pack Shabazzz" rapper nonsense. Buy against the trend. Watches that are doing really well now (buyers market).... Omega Moon's and dress watches like Constellations, Oris (Oris Brashear is an awesome watch). Older IWC's (portofino's) are gorgeous and way classier than most Rolex's. Another under-rated brand is the Chopard. Well above Rolex in the 'big league' of watches. But not trendy. They make some great driving watches like the Mille Miglia that are cooler than a Daytona without the price tag. And the classic Cartier Tank says "I don't need no 'stinking' Rolex!" Classic deco. Folks who know watches know a Tank is a much classier statement than a Rolex.

Don't get me wrong... I have several Rolex's... all bought in market dips. My first I bought new in 1989 in North Carolina... made payments for 18 months on that one! I was poor.

But there are a lot more 'great' watches without going all bubble. Wait 5 years. Rolex will be in the toilet again and I'll get that Black bezel sub or explorer I've always wanted. Now? Not a chance.

Oh and don't worrry about a used Rolex. They are rebuildable forever... And 'age' just makes them classier.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Which Bremont do you have? I have become a bit of a fan of Bremont (https://www.bremont.com/). Although, it seems some people just dislike the brand for some reason.

My Son bought a Bremont Arrow and I have a Martin Baker on order, this configuration:

1685993466539.png

I too leave my old Rolex Sea Dweller in the safe and usually wear either a 1942 military Omega or a 1960s Heuer Carrera.

Cheers,

Sirhr
All great info. Im a very patient person on most fronts but I think I speak for most men and their hobbies, guns and toys, we get excited to buy! Buying is the dip is always the plan but timing any market is tricky. I know for a fact, it’s not the time to buy a new car. It’s cray cray out there

Which Bremont do you have? I have become a bit of a fan of Bremont (https://www.bremont.com/). Although, it seems some people just dislike the brand for some reason.

My Son bought a Bremont Arrow and I have a Martin Baker on order, this configuration:

View attachment 8156191

I too leave my old Rolex Sea Dweller in the safe and usually wear either a 1942 military Omega or a 1960s Heuer Carrera.
bremont 1.jpg

Post 193 for the front. I wanted a Codebreaker, but those (when they come on the market) sell in a microsecond for about $20K.. but damn I wish I had bought one of those when they were first issued.

Their new editions are pretty nice. But I'm going to resist. My next watch investment will be a Chopard Mille Miglia or a Cartier Tank, SS.

Cheers,

Sirhr

You have to have one of these to be cool………

A Pogue is also on my list.

One of the iconic Seiko's. Which have taken off! I've tried to buy a few... but always get beat out. It's on my 'cool Seiko' list. I was a fool not to buy up some amazing Seiko's as little as 5 years ago. There are about 5 - 8 Seiko's that are now heading into stratospheric levels. King Tuna. Pogue. Willard. Olympic World Time. Orange Monster. Amazing watches and there is now a 'restoration' infrastructue as well.

Seiko is now in utterly in Iconic Territory. Not their reissues. But the 'real deal' watches from the '70's and 80's.

Sirhr

Reactions: nikonNUT
No kidding. I will need to check into this thank u. Only what I’ve seen/read, most mention need a good relationship that has spent lots of money before they will let u but a watch

I’ve looked at bobs watches website one before. I’ll check them out again. Thank u sir

The one that called me pretty quick I had bought an anniversary gift the day I signed up, it was my first time going into the store and I went there to buy the gift. I didn’t a lot of money though, it less than a grand on ear rings and a necklace. So maybe the key is to buy your lady something shiny and they’ll grant you the ability to spend your money on a watch 😂

• Haha
The one that called me pretty quick I had bought an anniversary gift the day I signed up, it was my first time going into the store and I went there to buy the gift. I didn’t a lot of money though, it less than a grand on ear rings and a necklace. So maybe the key is to buy your lady something shiny and they’ll grant you the ability to spend your money on a watch 😂
Always gotta buy the shiny first to get the go ahead right?! Lol