• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To all the nay sayers, haters and doubters

Re: To all the nay sayers, haters and doubters

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not the "smith" here, just a customer who buys and shoots Les Baer rifles....who has had his nads busted because they were not built by the smith de jour.....with neat rifle names and spray can colors.....

read the post...look at pic 18 and POST YOURS......FOLLOW BASIC AND SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS..............UNDERSTAND????????????????????????????
</div></div>

So no pics???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yours cost just under 3k...where are your pics....
Complete Builds, Hunting & Tactical Rifles $2,850.00
LA????????????????????????????? </div></div>

You started the thread not me. I just asked to see your pictures and you get all puffed up. <span style="font-weight: bold">Something to hide??</span>

Too much lip, not enough grip. Nut up or shut up. I like it when ego's are being tested!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mythical .499? </div></div>

Im still saying....

Les Baer has nothing to hide...clearly others do...stick to the point of the topic..look at pic 18 and post yours...you are a hater who falls way short of being in the same league as Les Baer....

post the pics or FAIL..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yours cost just under 3k...where are your pics....

You started the thread not me. I just asked to see your pictures and you get all puffed up. <span style="font-weight: bold">Something to hide??</span> </div></div>

Here, I'll go first Clayward. I showed you mine, now show me yours.

fcrdk.jpg

NOW SHOOT 7 MORE SHOTS..BECAUSE THAT IS JUST 3...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here, I'll go first Clayward

fcrdk.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yours cost just under 3k...where are your pics....

You started the thread not me. I just asked to see your pictures and you get all puffed up. <span style="font-weight: bold">Something to hide??</span></div></div>

William, you beat me to it!

Where's yours??

My guarentee is .250" for three shots at 100 yards. Easliy done.

10 shots like #18 shows from a non BR Rifle is a fluke, once in a life time, shit house luck, not the norm...........we'll, you get the picture.

We're still waiting for your pictures, shot at 100 yards that is................Dont forget the winnings, the rifles that is, the ones you won......you know
crazy.gif

I am so confused, what is the point of all of this. did I miss something, did anyone say anything negitve about Les Baer? was the post started just to stur up shit? seems like there is alot better ways to spend your time. There are a lot of guys here who have spent a lot of time with their dicks in the dirt, using equiptment to the max. Going to work everyday so you can use up my air just typing these ramblings. Belive it or not I dont really even think they care about this wonder rifle. If the rifle, and the person shot a 10 round group like it says then great. But dont talk to us like a 10yr old, because you lose all credibility when you do that. No one cares about the rifles you won. Find a better podium, its great to disagree. but do it respectfully. a lot of these guys, "Have been there, done that"

SIMPLE MINDS...READ THE POST...LOOK AT PIC 18....WHAT IS SOOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????????????????????????? 10 SHOT, NOT 3 SHOT GROUPS....ITS NOT ABOUT ME, ITS ABOUT LES BAER AND THE SO CALLED OTHER SMITHS WHO TALK CRAP ALL THE TIME....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIMPLE MINDS...READ THE POST...LOOK AT PIC 18....WHAT IS SOOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????????????????????????? 10 SHOT, NOT 3 SHOT GROUPS....ITS NOT ABOUT ME, ITS ABOUT LES BAER AND THE SO CALLED OTHER SMITHS WHO TALK CRAP ALL THE TIME.... </div></div>

I think it would be better if you got your tongue out of Les Baer's ass before you posted. The general consensus on here is that William builds kick ass sticks, if you don't like his work....by all means don't buy from him. Spend your money with whomever you please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIMPLE MINDS...READ THE POST...LOOK AT PIC 18....WHAT IS SOOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????????????????????????? 10 SHOT, NOT 3 SHOT GROUPS....ITS NOT ABOUT ME, ITS ABOUT LES BAER AND THE SO CALLED OTHER SMITHS WHO TALK CRAP ALL THE TIME.... </div></div> you are a fucking tool clayward!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIMPLE MINDS...READ THE POST...LOOK AT PIC 18....WHAT IS SOOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????????????????????????? 10 SHOT, NOT 3 SHOT GROUPS....ITS NOT ABOUT ME, ITS ABOUT LES BAER AND THE SO CALLED OTHER SMITHS WHO TALK CRAP ALL THE TIME.... </div></div>

IN BEFORE THE LOCK !

poster13965789.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it would be better if you got your tongue out of Les Baer's ass before you posted.</div></div>

Now Brady, don’t scare him off like that. After all, he is providing us with a certain level of amusement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no, its not mine...i would love to own it </div></div>

Maybe you should email the seller and challange him against you with you LB AR, then you can have 7 rifles in your safe of superiority!!!

Jesus H. Christ, see what happens when we let Maser and Lazy21 back in, the leave the door wide open and all the other window lickers mosey on in with them...

Be gone fuck nugget.

JasonK owes me a favor........I may use it on Clayward the Clown
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhedg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am so confused, what is the point of all of this. did I miss something, did anyone say anything negitve about Les Baer? was the post started just to stur up shit? seems like there is alot better ways to spend your time. There are a lot of guys here who have spent a lot of time with their dicks in the dirt, using equiptment to the max. Going to work everyday so you can use up my air just typing these ramblings. Belive it or not I dont really even think they care about this wonder rifle. If the rifle, and the person shot a 10 round group like it says then great. But dont talk to us like a 10yr old, because you lose all credibility when you do that. No one cares about the rifles you won. Find a better podium, its great to disagree. but do it respectfully. a lot of these guys, "Have been there, done that" </div></div>

Amen!!!!!

LesBaer builds shity guns that won't function.
smile.gif

[/quote]Piston pete is that you????????????????????????To many question marks maybe? [/quote]

That is what I was thinking. Maybe a cousin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LesBaer builds shity guns that won't function.
smile.gif
</div></div>

roflmao....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it would be better if you got your tongue out of Les Baer's ass before you posted.</div></div>

Now Brady, don’t scare him off like that. After all, he is providing us with a certain level of amusement.</div></div>

I thought it was appropriate and amusing! And so I don't have to edit another post, lemme explain something to you: William doesn't only build high quality rifles, its the pick up work he does for people that makes him a good smith. Countless times he's fixed other smiths' screw ups for a fella, sometimes for just the cost of shipping. Would Les Baer do that? Look at the good he does for people and then try to pull your foot out of your mouth.

What is the point of this, everybody has a rifle or builder that they like, but most don't obsess over their gun plumber, Les Baer may want to get a restraining order from the OP.

this post is geared toward...these types of people
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....well whats the guarantee? If it doesn't shoot 1/2 MOA do I get an ice cream cone or a t-shirt? Not trying to be a skeptic here but often times the devil is in the details.. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the $3,600 I would expect a Manners or McMillian.....

Anyways that is a great guarantee!!</div></div>

When I got my NRA magazine today I saw an advertisement for the Les Baer rifle and that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the price - what, a B&C stock...hmm. Looks expensive to me for what you get. They are up against some pretty tough competion in that price range. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new Les Baer bolt action rifles were at the SHOT show. I went over to look at them and was not excited, mainly due to their high price. Maybe I'm missed something, like very light weight or an exceptionally smooth action, but I would pick a GAP, KWM APA,... instead. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtechgunman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll pass. If I'm gonna drop 3K+ on a precision rig, it's going to be from someone that is proven.

Granted, LB does make some nice guns, but I don't think you can just walk into the realm of long range shooting carrying your guarantees and riding your high priced name/reputation.
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BeachGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is kind of typical with les baer. You pay a premium price for the firearm, but some of the components are, dare I say, cheap?

I have had a few LB AR's pass by me. $2400-$2600 for a rifle with a $15 standard collaspable stock, a $2 nylon sling. Not to mention the backwards castle nut.

Nothing against B&C, but as far as quality, they aren't mcmillian or HS.

just my humble opinion </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What separates LB rifles over anyone else? There has to be since they are charging more then the other smiths around. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nicholst55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am somewhat underwhelmed by Les Baer's choice of both stock and trigger. For that kind of money, I should get my choice of trigger, barrel, and stock. I don't expect to see them jumping off the shelf. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LesBaer builds shity guns that won't function.
smile.gif
</div></div>

you are going to give the OP a F'ing stroke.

So LB is building bench rest guns? Are his rifles winning BR or F-class competitions? And where are claywards 7 rifles with the magical 25 yard.. err I mean 100 yard 10 shot groups at?

you guys are all fucked in the head....LB DOES build the greatest rifles ever, and just because you have now found out that all your guns you had misjudgingly built by 'X' smith aren't the greatest you're all just pissy. GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

pix1598074875.jpg

Is that really what a Les Baer factory test target looks like? What a piece of shit! Can't they at least afford to print something out on a LaserJet? I mean, seriously, why didn't the seller just write "20 rd group" on there instead? At least then I wouldn't be left wondering what happened to the other half-box of FGMM.

Other than the fact no one has written "10 shot groups" (why plural, there is only 1, or did he shoot 2 different 10rd groups into the same POI?) I see no more evidence that this is only 3 rounds than that the seller's is 10...

fcrdk.jpg

As I side note, I would just like to say that someone somewhere did something pretty badass today. I don't have any real proof of it, but believe you me it was friggin awesome. At the time whomever did it was wearing fruit of the loom underwear and I also wear fruit of the loom underwear so by extension you should all admit how completely cool I am.

Hey, I never said how many shots that was and what the distance was.

Thats 20 shots at a 1000 yards. Ya'll did know that I build bad ass rifles.........right.

smile.gif
</div></div>

From a long time 1911 chef that worked at a well known company, known world wide.

Sorry Russel.......your super hero powers have been made known.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">because you cant even come close with your best 3 shot group using hand loads.... </div></div>

3 shots, 5 shots its all cow manure.

PICT0001-6.jpg

rock barrel with just over 1k on it, 3 shot in the .1's and several 5 shots in the 2's and 3's, load testing. Nothing special.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayward</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">no, its not mine</span>...i would love to own it, i have two les baer super varmints and 4 of his 45's premier 2, combat etc...my point is he builds the best rifles period...he gives you the targets...hell even my cooper rifles (while they are amazing are only done with a 5 shot group and yes...if you call them and give the serial number they will give the hand load used and case over all length...but cooper rifles all have been beat too death...you know...its a 50 yard range...lmao...but lets keep it to les baer rifles... <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So clayward, I get from your posts that it is your rifle. Next question is if its so great that you are adamantly espousing its greatness, why are you selling it? </div></div> </div></div>

So I would have to ask again.......
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">WTF is your point </span>with this thread?

-I agree with LWUSMC's comment 100% btw.....
</div></div>

Thanks for the giggles, dude. I appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this thread, and all the amusement that we've gotten out of it.

If a clown like you is touting Les Baer firearms, that's a perfect reason never to own one.

Thanks for the negative recommendation. One more smith I never have to think about.

I'd be pleased to see you shoot, though. Show up at the Sniper's Hide Fall Shooter's Bash or the Sniper's Hide Cup, both shot at Rifles Only. Show us what you can do, rather than what you can post on the Internet.

smile.gif
</div></div>

Who is this LesBaer fella anyways? Someone oughta call him up and tell him his buddy clayward smoked too much crack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be pleased to see you shoot, though. Show up at the Sniper's Hide Fall Shooter's Bash or the Sniper's Hide Cup, both shot at Rifles Only. Show us what you can do, rather than what you can post on the Internet.
</div></div>

Careful Lindy, he may just show up and win all the rifles..LMAO

Now you know he won't lower himself and "slum" it with you folks, much less bring his rifles out and let you watch him shoot. Thats akin to gazing at the Ark of the Covenant.

I'm sure that Terry Cross is sitting in Forest Hill right now, sweating the possibility of being horribly embarrassed.

Or perhaps not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LesBaer builds shity guns that won't function.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Who is this LesBaer fella anyways? Someone oughta call him up and tell him his buddy clayward smoked too much crack. </div></div>

Les Baer Builder of some awesome 1911's, got into ar's a few years back and now bolt rifles so it seems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure that Terry Cross is sitting in Forest Hill right now, sweating the possibility of being horribly embarrassed.

Or perhaps not.
</div></div>

I heard he couldn't sweat and had to roll around in mud to cool himself off...

I bet William is contemplating a new line of work as we speak. Maybe we can get a hide members discount on his machinery!