Toki Greenie Redfield M40 scope, finally got one !

Pvt. Joker

Regular Dude
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2017
North Central Florida
I copied this description off of another post from the seller with some editing:

"It's a new and un-mounted 'Toki' refurbished and anodized 'Greenie' Generation-1 that is in the proper 'F' Prefix model range. On this particular scope, 'Toki' rebuilt the recticle using his own parallel stadia wires and reticle cross wires. It doesn't have a ranging scale, though it was not uncommon for that scale, made out of camera-like film material, to simply melt in the heat encountered in the RVN environment. With that single exception, it has all the bells and whistles a clone builder would be looking for. "

I mounted it yesterday and was rained on a bit at the range but heres some pics of it on my rifle at the house.

It looks better in person, Toki did a jam up job on this scope. It's too bad he's not doing them anymore.

I want to thank Bolt Trash for letting this one go. He's one heck of a good guy to deal with for those who don't know him and a great source of M40 information too.

0406201441.jpg0406201441a.jpg0406201442.jpg0406201441.jpg0406201441a.jpg0406201442.jpg

tokiwartooth

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 30, 2012
I spent a sh*t ton of time and energy to find a way to duplicate the tombstone. I got 75% of the way there. I got the sizing correct, the medium to dupe it on.
What remained was having another run done where I printed the mirror image of the tombstone, for clarity, as everything is flipped/reversed. Forgot about that when I had the film run...

The bigger issue was "punching it out" of the microfilm (Hilux uses a full "round", but I think that will interfere with the clarity in the future). I even had a custom punch made, but it wasn't fine enough. I'll get it once I get going again. Forced break the last couple of years, boys.... F*cken women will do that to you. But now I'm Cool Hand Luke.... Got my head right, boss. ;)

Last edited:

Nittynate

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2018
I spent a sh*t ton of time and energy to find a way to duplicate the tombstone. I got 75% of the way there. I got the sizing correct, the medium to dupe it on.
What remained was having another run done where I printed the mirror image of the tombstone, for clarity, as everything is flipped/reversed. Forgot about that when I had the film run...

The bigger issue was "punching it out" of the microfilm (Hilux uses a full "round", but I think that will interfere with the clarity in the future). I even had a custom punch made, but it wasn't fine enough. I'll get it once I get going again. Forced break the last couple of years, boys.... F*cken women will do that to you. But now I'm Cool Hand Luke.... Got my head right, boss. ;)
We are all stoked your back!

D

Deleted member 17990

Happy to see Toki is making a comeback! I have been waiting for years for a green anodize job!

D_TROS

Flag-Sword-Cross
Belligerents
Aug 19, 2010
North Denver, CO
Beautiful. Want. Lol.

If anyone comes across a matte black one, hint hint, I need one for my real M40 build...!!!

Regards
DT