• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Toki Greenie Redfield M40 scope, finally got one !

Pvt. Joker

Rifleman
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2017
North Central Florida
I copied this description off of another post from the seller with some editing:

"It's a new and un-mounted 'Toki' refurbished and anodized 'Greenie' Generation-1 that is in the proper 'F' Prefix model range. On this particular scope, 'Toki' rebuilt the recticle using his own parallel stadia wires and reticle cross wires. It doesn't have a ranging scale, though it was not uncommon for that scale, made out of camera-like film material, to simply melt in the heat encountered in the RVN environment. With that single exception, it has all the bells and whistles a clone builder would be looking for. "

I mounted it yesterday and was rained on a bit at the range but heres some pics of it on my rifle at the house.

It looks better in person, Toki did a jam up job on this scope. It's too bad he's not doing them anymore.

I want to thank Bolt Trash for letting this one go. He's one heck of a good guy to deal with for those who don't know him and a great source of M40 information too.

0406201441.jpg
0406201441a.jpg
0406201442.jpg
0406201441.jpg
0406201441a.jpg
0406201442.jpg

I spent a sh*t ton of time and energy to find a way to duplicate the tombstone. I got 75% of the way there. I got the sizing correct, the medium to dupe it on.
What remained was having another run done where I printed the mirror image of the tombstone, for clarity, as everything is flipped/reversed. Forgot about that when I had the film run...

The bigger issue was "punching it out" of the microfilm (Hilux uses a full "round", but I think that will interfere with the clarity in the future). I even had a custom punch made, but it wasn't fine enough. I'll get it once I get going again. Forced break the last couple of years, boys.... F*cken women will do that to you. But now I'm Cool Hand Luke.... Got my head right, boss. ;)

Last edited:
I spent a sh*t ton of time and energy to find a way to duplicate the tombstone. I got 75% of the way there. I got the sizing correct, the medium to dupe it on.
What remained was having another run done where I printed the mirror image of the tombstone, for clarity, as everything is flipped/reversed. Forgot about that when I had the film run...

The bigger issue was "punching it out" of the microfilm (Hilux uses a full "round", but I think that will interfere with the clarity in the future). I even had a custom punch made, but it wasn't fine enough. I'll get it once I get going again. Forced break the last couple of years, boys.... F*cken women will do that to you. But now I'm Cool Hand Luke.... Got my head right, boss. ;)

We are all stoked your back!

Happy to see Toki is making a comeback! I have been waiting for years for a green anodize job!

Beautiful. Want. Lol.

If anyone comes across a matte black one, hint hint, I need one for my real M40 build...!!!

Regards
DT

I have a gloss black one in excellent condition. Just hit it with some 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper, SHAZAAM! INSTANT MATTE BLACK !
It's actually the surface on the scope that makes it matte, not the finish. When I did the 2nd gen scopes, I glass bead blasted the parts first, then sanded them a bit.
The first time a glass bead blasted, I didn't wear any eye protection. Long story short, when I took my contact lenses out that night, it felt like there was sand paper in my eyes. Put the lenses back in, and no pain. Went to the eye doctor who said there were dozens of beads behind my eye, and she had to pick them out one by one. Apparently my contact lense was providing a protective coating to my eye, so didn't feel anything when they were in. Learned my lesson that day.

I'm dying to get back to anodizing, but my setup is in my work room in my house. Gonna be interesting to see what happened to my acid bath over three years. I'm discussing getting some workspace close by to move my stuff. I'm in an apt in NYC right now, so no way I can do it here, it's such a caustic process. Seriously considering just giving up on my career and doing scope work full time.