• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Too tall for ACC?

grizzaws

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2017
I’m thinking about the ACC chassis for a future build, but I wonder if the cheek piece isn’t too short for someone my size. I’m 6’4” with a giraffe neck and gorilla arms, and my cheek was at the very front of my old MPA’s cheek piece with the LOP maxed out; it looks longer than the ACC’s in photos. Any big guys making the ACC work? Anyone switch from a chassis to a stock, say a Foundation, for the same reason?

I'd suggest giving PDC Custom a call. The owner has done chassis setups for dudes taller than you so they'd have the right LOP and cheek placement.

Reactions: grizzaws
Do you have a scope mount that will also accommodate the giraffe neck?
The acc will go way higher than I could ever imagine needing, I feel I’m pretty high up and I’m 5 out of 9 on the numbered posts. A weibad cheek piece will add another 1/8-3/16 or so too.

I imagine the mpa would more than suit me too so who knows. Go to a match and see.

Do you have a scope mount that will also accommodate the giraffe neck?
The acc will go way higher than I could ever imagine needing, I feel I’m pretty high up and I’m 5 out of 9 on the numbered posts. A weibad cheek piece will add another 1/8-3/16 or so too.

OP seems to be worried about fore/aft placement of the cheek piece, not height.

OP seems to be worried about fore/aft placement of the cheek piece, not height.
I figure if it gets high enough he could pull it back a bit.
1615091783746.gif

I’m not the tallest dude but only a couple inches shorter and I have a pretty long neck but I’m no ruminant.

But I guess Ive always sort of been at the front of the cheek piece, I don’t see it as an issue though. If it were longer it would interfere with the bolt travel.

Last edited:
Precisely. I’m worried that the ACC’s is too short front-to-back.

I’m thinking about the ACC chassis for a future build, but I wonder if the cheek piece isn’t too short for someone my size. I’m 6’4” with a giraffe neck and gorilla arms, and my cheek was at the very front of my old MPA’s cheek piece with the LOP maxed out; it looks longer than the ACC’s in photos. Any big guys making the ACC work? Anyone switch from a chassis to a stock, say a Foundation, for the same reason?
I’m 6’7 with a 15.5” LOP, big head, and I shoot an ACC.

Edited out the snark...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47guy
Here’s a couple pics...I think you’ll be fine with the AAC

Attachments

• B269060E-0AE5-4F0F-B91B-DD562DE57B26.jpeg
    B269060E-0AE5-4F0F-B91B-DD562DE57B26.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 20
  • E5FFD3D3-DD6D-439B-81D0-E4E764745BE0.jpeg
    E5FFD3D3-DD6D-439B-81D0-E4E764745BE0.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 28
Also get an OBi grip, mine came with one. It’s got a lot more girth in your hand(no homo)