• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tough decisions

LongSchott

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2020
hey everyone, im looking at getting a nice new rimfire rifle. Im caught between the CZ Pro-Varmint and the Tikka t1x MTR. My girl and I are using a hk 416d in .22lr right now but we want to go out to further distances with more accuracy. Im looking for a tack driving rimfire (preferably .17hmr) with a threaded bull barrel. We will likely only be going out to 150/200 max but im looking for quality that will allow me to keep for years. Im open to suggestions and I thought id consult the SH brain trust.
-Anyone have any experience with these?
-Any scope suggestions?
-any other options to consider?

hey everyone, im looking at getting a nice new rimfire rifle. Im caught between the CZ Pro-Varmint and the Tikka t1x MTR. My girl and I are using a hk 416d in .22lr right now but we want to go out to further distances with more accuracy. Im looking for a tack driving rimfire (preferably .17hmr) with a threaded bull barrel. We will likely only be going out to 150/200 max but im looking for quality that will allow me to keep for years. Im open to suggestions and I thought id consult the SH brain trust.
-Anyone have any experience with these?
-Any scope suggestions?
-any other options to consider?

I have a T1X love it, shoots great. I have had a CZ Varmint, it shot good but could not run with the T1X. I sold the CZ when I got a Bergara B14R, it shoots same as the T1X. The Bergara B14R is one I would look at also.
Mark

Been very happy with my PV It shoots a variety of ammo a 50 under 1/2 averages. Conditions lately in the south with all the storms have not been good so I have only shot one 6x5 at 100 and it was just over an inch. I also have a 16in Tikka that should get to me any day so I will get around to comparing them sooner or later. Stock on the PV is better and the CZ trigger will go down lower safely or at least compared to my Tikka centerfires. Also agree with the above about looking at the B14r if it’s in your budget.

My dad loves his Tikka T1X. He comes from an Anschutz background so he is a hard man to please.
Both the Tikka and CZ will have lots of accessories to choose from as far as bases, trigger goods, and stocks.
Scope recommendation will really depend on what you are trying to do with it and how much you want to spend.