• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tour de France

Re: Tour de France

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like cadel is the winner
grin.gif
</div></div>

A long time in the making. I do soooo hope this one remains clean. </div></div>
You mean that no one gets caught. I seriously doubt anyone in the top 100 is clean.

Looks like the Schlecks expended too much energy trying to beat the wrong guy. </div></div>

A sport I used to love......
frown.gif

OK,
I love the TDF and have been watching it for years. I didn't participate in this thread because I've been behind the time and was watching it via DVR and was a few days behind. (I didn't want any spoilers). But now I've finished it and I can comment.

I think my new favorite is Thor Hushovd. To be a professional sprinter and be able to change your riding style and be able to climb as well as he does (for a heavier rider) deserves some credit.

I was really surprised at Cadel Evens winning. Not that he wasn't there or wasn't positioning himself well, but he seemed to be in the background so much.

Alberto Contador. I get it, he's won three times. He's been caught doping. I've only been impressed with him one time, and that was when he stomped Lance. I thought he looked like crap this race. In fact, he probably didn't deserve to get as high as he did.

Thomas Voeckler. Mr. "Ooops, look what I still have on". Good for him for retaining the MJ as long as he did. Now go and train harder and try to bring a victory home for France. France, aren't you a little embarrassed it's been so long (1985) since a Frenchman won? Of course, embarrassment is nothing new to you.

The Shleck brothers. Both are great riders, I can't stand looking at Andy with that fubar'd jaw he has. We know either one has what it takes to win, will they hold on to it long enough to become a dynasty?

Mark Cavendish. Such an incredible sprinter. Can you not drop some weight and learn to climb? I want to see you be more of a factor and not a memory when the tour gets to the Pyrenees or Alps. It's not like you're a huge rider. Get it done.

Come Americans...really?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Giles.S.Silverman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If i wanted to see people dope and call them selves professionals, id just watch baseball. </div></div>

Or pro football ...track and field....

Probably not infested NASCAR yet

I love the tour anyway

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Giles.S.Silverman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If i wanted to see people dope and call them selves professionals, id just watch baseball. </div></div>
Wow, <span style="text-decoration: underline">that</span> is profound.