• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tract vs delta. 4x20 any experience?

jstockov

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2013
As the tittle says I’m looking primarily at a 4x20x50 tract vs delta titanium hd. I don’t necessarily need that much mag but I definitely want a illuminated reticle. Anybody have time behind these two? Will be used for hog hunting as well as deer. Low light performance and optical clarity are my top concerns.

As the tittle says I’m looking primarily at a 4x20x50 tract vs delta titanium hd. I don’t necessarily need that much mag but I definitely want a illuminated reticle. Anybody have time behind these two? Will be used for hog hunting as well as deer. Low light performance and optical clarity are my top concerns.
Seems to me, a good LPVO would be better suited to hog hunting.
Something in the 1-8 range or even a 2-10 or 2-12.

I havent looked through the Delta, but I have to say the 20x Tract Toric is my least favorite of the many LOW scopes on the market. I felt like it was really tunneled. The scope ring was thick and I was amazed at how tight the eyebox was.

I havent looked through the Delta, but I have to say the 20x Tract Toric is my least favorite of the many LOW scopes on the market. I felt like it was really tunneled. The scope ring was thick and I was amazed at how tight the eyebox was.
Thanks for the info.. what’s your pick? I’ve also thought about doing something like a 2.5x15

Thanks for the info.. what’s your pick? I’ve also thought about doing something like a 2.5x15

I think LOW does a great job with most of their scopes. The more I look through them and increase the sample size, the more I'm convinced that they are all so close to being the same that its hard to get hurt. The Delta Stryker, Trijicon Ten Mile, Athlon Cronus, Eotech Vudu, Bushnell XRS..just to name a few... they are all super similar with only minor deviations in price and quality. You could close your eyes, throw a dart and take the one you hit and be just fine.

In a 15x or under, the Steiner T5Xi 3-15 would be worth a look. As would the Nightforce SHV F1 in 4.4-14.

Thanks for the help. I’ve researched a ton. But without laying eyes on them it’s tough. I’ve considered all those. I really like the delta but figure it would be a little much for hunting. I’ll check out the Steiner and shv.. thanks again.

Did you ever purchase anything? I know tract just dropped their 2.5-15x44 mid range optic in ffp and sfp. Ffp is not illuminated (unfortunately) but the sfp is.