• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Treating Venomous Bites and Stings with Electricity

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
I had a nasty looking bite on my elbow a couple of weeks ago. It was inflamed about the size of a quarter and it had begun to develop a boil-like looking center. I was pretty sure it was a spider bite of some type, and I'd heard of this type of treatment some years ago.
I wet the area with tap water and applied a 9 volt battery until the pain was intolerable. I adjusted 90 degrees and repeated.

Instantly, the bite area stopped itching, and within hours the inflammation was subsiding and the pimple-like center was disappearing. By the next day, the area was normal looking, with the exception of a small scab that had formed. All swelling and redness were gone completely.

Any flow of electrical current will work. I've seen articles where spark plug wires, modified stun guns, battery leads, and as is the case in this blog, TENS units have all had similar effects.

http://venomshock.wikidot.com/tens-unit-brs-1

Good info, Tucker, thanks. I wonder if it will help with chiggers or ticks?

Good info, being zapped by a few sparkplug wires (which most vehicles haven't had in 15 years) i will take a 9 volt any damn day.

PS chevy not with standing, they are kind of dinosaurs.

For chiggers, I recently had a dude tell me to run a bath and put some bleach in the water and soak in it... Not tried it yet.

I'll give that a try Tucker!

For gnat and skeeter bites, I take a spoon, warm it over the stove (hot water for the kids) then place it directly on the bite area. The first degree burn makes the itch go away ;)

The itching will stop verrrryyy soon .

Attachments

• photo57451.jpg
    photo57451.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 41
I'll give that a try Tucker!

For gnat and skeeter bites, I take a spoon, warm it over the stove (hot water for the kids) then place it directly on the bite area. The first degree burn makes the itch go away ;)

Heat works great on poison ivy rashes as well. I usually apply hot water for as hot and as long as I can stand it. It feels as though it makes all of the itching come out at once. It hurts so good.

Great reminder Tuck. It has to have been 30yrs ago now, or close to it, that Outdoor Life (or maybe F&S) did an article about the stun guns for snake bites.

A Cajun friend of mine had an auto shop and junk yard that was positively infested with Mocassins. His dogs would take a nasty bite several times a year and he'd "treat" the bite area with plug wires as described. He had to do it often enough that we joked about him just having a distributor setup sitting off to the side just for snake bites. He said that he'd found several dogs already collapsed from a bite and the current would bring them back around with no further treatment needed.

I think I'd have to already be in bad shape before I let someone hit me with a coil. TASER certification put me off "fun with electricity" for life.

The proteins in venom are fairly fragile things needing a specific temperature and alkaline range, the electric current breaks down the proteins that make venom dangerous.

The proteins in venom are fairly fragile things needing a specific temperature and alkaline range, the electric current breaks down the proteins that make venom dangerous.

Thats good knowledge, thanks.

Great reminder Tuck. It has to have been 30yrs ago now, or close to it, that Outdoor Life (or maybe F&S) did an article about the stun guns for snake bites.

A Cajun friend of mine had an auto shop and junk yard that was positively infested with Mocassins. His dogs would take a nasty bite several times a year and he'd "treat" the bite area with plug wires as described. He had to do it often enough that we joked about him just having a distributor setup sitting off to the side just for snake bites. He said that he'd found several dogs already collapsed from a bite and the current would bring them back around with no further treatment needed.

I think I'd have to already be in bad shape before I let someone hit me with a coil. TASER certification put me off "fun with electricity" for life.

Moccasins. I hate moccasins. I used to cut timber down in some swampy areas and you would always know when a Moc was near from the stink. Like rotting flesh.

Moccasins. I hate moccasins. I used to cut timber down in some swampy areas and you would always know when a Moc was near from the stink. Like rotting flesh.

I never really noticed the "Mocassin stench" the way people describe (until I'd killed them and was skinning them out) probably because I was usually in swamps that already have a pretty strong smell. What distinguished them from other snakes was that they would come at you instead of fleeing. I drove airboats through most of the swamps and marshes where "Swamp People" was filmed. Animals don't typically stick around when you're in an airboat, but when we'd stop and go to get out there would be Mocassins swimming right at the damn boat. There were days that we'd have to spend several minutes tossing them away from the boat with a length of cane pole just so we could get out. I've had several that I shot at from across a bayou that would start swimming back at me with a purpose.

I had a nasty looking bite on my elbow a couple of weeks ago. It was inflamed about the size of a quarter and it had begun to develop a boil-like looking center. I was pretty sure it was a spider bite of some type, and I'd heard of this type of treatment some years ago.
I wet the area with tap water and applied a 9 volt battery until the pain was intolerable. I adjusted 90 degrees and repeated.

Instantly, the bite area stopped itching, and within hours the inflammation was subsiding and the pimple-like center was disappearing. By the next day, the area was normal looking, with the exception of a small scab that had formed. All swelling and redness were gone completely.

Any flow of electrical current will work. I've seen articles where spark plug wires, modified stun guns, battery leads, and as is the case in this blog, TENS units have all had similar effects.

http://venomshock.wikidot.com/tens-unit-brs-1

I knew it, I knew it I knew it...

That was an idea behind the electric chair - to take care of everything in a comfortable chair setting. Better dead than itchy.

Reactions: Tucker301
I knew it, I knew it I knew it...

That was an idea behind the electric chair - to take care of everything in a comfortable chair setting. Better dead than itchy.

I glad I read that tonight because in the morning I would have had a mouth full of coffee.

Yeah, except for chainsaws, mowers, etc.

Yea those are only about 15-20KV. Not to bad. Older cars 35-40KV been hit enough to know I don't like it. Newer stuff is 60KV+. I have a friend who appears immune to it. He actually puts his finger in the coil or wire to check for spark. I have never seen him flitch.
watched another guy get lit the F**** up by a MSD 6AL ignition box. I don't think he could feel his fingers for a week. Something like 150KV BUT it also fires 6 times instead of 1 for each firing event. So he was hit with 150KV x 6 in about 2.3 milliseconds.

Thanks for the flashback memory Tucker.
My father had one of those snakebite tasers mid 1990's. Made a helluva spark. Only saw it used once.
We saw several rattlesnakes one evening (bad omen) taking the hog dogs around the corn fields. One of the best dogs got bit. Loaded the dogs back in the truck. Pops pulls out handy dandy stunner and "treats" the bite area.
Not noticing he's barely touching the tailgate and another dog, being sweaty and the only one grounded out of the group he got the full voltage dose of snake bite medicine as well.
Much profanity naturally ensued of course.
The dog went to the vet for more care and recovered to hunt a few more years but the snake bite zapper was retired permanently.

With the "critters" we have down here in Australia even a radial aero engine magneto would be underpowered but I may try the 9v battery on a mosquito bite. Thanks for the laughs guys, needed that.

What setup do you use on a dog? Would the 9v battery work on a snake bite? One of my dogs got a bite last year and we almost lost her.

With the "critters" we have down here in Australia even a radial aero engine magneto would be underpowered but I may try the 9v battery on a mosquito bite. Thanks for the laughs guys, needed that.

Where better to set up a penal colony than a giant island (yeah yeah) across the globe where they even have mammals with venom sacs.

I tried this today (the 9V battery trick) on my multitude of chigger bites here in N. Texas. I've tried everything and they woke me up in the middle of the night with itching last night. The 9V has removed ANY itch and the bite is almost gone. That was the tip of the year!

Reactions: Tucker301
Cool deal! I pulled a latched on tick today and went ahead and treated the spot as soon as he was down the drain. No itching yet.

I've got an old Mallory Magneto that puts out 7.5 amps. If any members here in good standing need a "hit" I gotcha covered. You are welcome.