• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$$TRG 22s Going up$$

USW.260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
The World as we know it.
Still I can't understand why a folding stock is worth an extra 2,747 dollars over a regular Sako TRG thats just wrong. And in like the last 2 months the Green, Brown, Black stocked TRG 22s in .308win went from 2,500-ish to 3,048 on Euro Optics. And why the hell is less barrel (26" to 20") MORE money...and the same with a different chamber... What the Hell. Being under the 3k mark is one of the things that made me love the TRGs and still want one but damn if they are over 3k now I'll just order a custom job from some maker in America and run 100 dollar AI mags and cheaper bipods and brakes. Anyways had to vent....this was going to be my year to buy, but damn it man.

Re: $$TRG 22s Going up$$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still I can't understand why a folding stock is worth an extra 2,747 dollars over a regular Sako TRG thats just wrong. And in like the last 2 months the Green, Brown, Black stocked TRG 22s in .308win went from 2,500-ish to 3,048 on Euro Optics. And why the hell is less barrel (26" to 20") MORE money...and the same with a different chamber... What the Hell. Being under the 3k mark is one of the things that made me love the TRGs and still want one but damn if they are over 3k now I'll just order a custom job from some maker in America and run 100 dollar AI mags and cheaper bipods and brakes. Anyways had to vent....this was going to be my year to buy, but damn it man. </div></div>

i think the 20" barreled model has been 3048 for quite some time now. it comes with a pic rail, so thats why it is a little more plus it has the phosphate finish.

you can still get the blued model with nothing extra for around 2500.00.

but things do go up in price. that shouldnt be a surprise.

You can go with a AE MKIII. They are in the 4K+ range now! You don't need the folders. It's nice to have, I have 2 of them myself (TRG22 and soon to be AX chassis) and really never had to use it.

I've never understood the TRG craze. Two guys at my range just bought one each. I can appreciate the quality of the rifle, but that's about it. Their price and the even more ridiculous price of their accessories makes me think someone at the Sako factory's having a pretty good laugh at my expense. The money those guys spent on their TRG's good have easily build a fine custom rifle that would have been spec'd exactly as they wished.

So, yeah, I agree.

Having both, I would go with a TRG any day of the week then your run of the mill custom 700.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having both, I would go with a TRG any day of the week then your run of the mill custom 700. </div></div>

I have to agree. The Crusader would go before the TRG...

Price of most European manufactured goods have gone up. Try to buy a S&B 5-25x56 for under $3K these days, not going to happen.

But I agree with you, it makes no sense to charge $400 more for the 20" version over the 26".

Some of the TRG-42's came with the Picatinny rail, and there was no price difference between those, so I can't imagine that what's driving up the price.

FYI - I see the TRG-22's with 26" barrel go for around $2700 new all the time.

Could be interesting for you people to know that a really low price in Finland for a TRG is just below 4000 US.
Here in Sweden its likely close to 5000 US.
Mostly products are really low priced in US compared to rest of the world.

Another good example is the T3 varmint that here costs about 2000 dollars and in the US around 800 dollars.

All producers keeps the prices extremely low in the us cause the market is difficult and the competition hard. And mostly important the market is huge.

However in my world does not a custom 700 compete in the same league as a TRG so my choise could be very easy.....

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could be interesting for you people to know that a really low price in Finland for a TRG is just below 4000 US.
Here in Sweden its likely close to 5000 US.
Mostly products are really low priced in US compared to rest of the world.

Another good example is the T3 varmint that here costs about 2000 dollars and in the US around 800 dollars.

All producers keeps the prices extremely low in the us cause the market is difficult and the competition hard. And mostly important the market is huge.

However in my world does not a custom 700 compete in the same league as a TRG so my choise could be very easy.....

Håkan </div></div>

Not having any kind of VAT tax helps keep the prices reasonable too.

I believe sako is now only offering the trg 22 with the picatinny rail on it (thats why the price increase). I guess they figured out its the part they sell the least of (do to people finding a cheaper way to get them) so they where nice enough 2 start inclueding them and charging you. You can still find some of the old ones if someone had them in stock I think euro optics is out of the old one. As for the 20 inch barrel not sure whats up with the prices on it.

I love my sako would not let it go its a great gun worth the money price increase sucks but what you going do.

Yeah, I was just going off the Euro Optics site....I didn't see any that were just the blued and naked for 2700...if all I have to do is ask for it when I want to order one then thats what I'll do. Plus I can't stand the phosfate finish...love the blued look.

End of the day a TRG is a full on MILSPEC sniper rifle, and it shoots like 1, nothing out there for the same money shoots as well. All of the tricked up R700 guns are just souped up hunting rifles in a fancy frock. I did the Remmy Police in an AI stock trued action thing and it felt cheap compared to my TRG or my AI. If you have the money buy a TRG and you will never regret it. Just my 10p worth. Dale

I have owned about everything you could think of in the tactiacl/precision rifle world and the only one I still own is the TRG 22. It is (in my mind) better in every way over any custom built rifle, and I am not tring to take anything away from the truely talented gunsmiths that are out there. I love the TRG!

I had a chance to shoot a TRG22 in .260 Last month at a local range. He did not reload and was shooting SW Ammo 139 Scenar loads. I will say I was very impressed with the rifle. It was a tackdriver at 100 and 200 yds.
I let him shoot my Surgeon 591 builds in .308 and 6.5x47L.

I would definately like to own one in .260

I just got a .260 TRG 22 and wish I hadn't got the sako rail that came with it. It was mounted far forward overhanging the barrel and I needed to move it back due to my scope eye relief and it was a pita to take off and worse the hole alignment won't allow moving it back. So now I need to find something else, I'm using a 1" scope so can't use a Spuhr or TRG mount. PM me for a good deal on a low profile 20 MOA Sako rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: graywolf.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got a .260 TRG 22 and wish I hadn't got the sako rail that came with it. It was mounted far forward overhanging the barrel and I needed to move it back due to my scope eye relief and it was a pita to take off and worse the hole alignment won't allow moving it back. So now I need to find something else, I'm using a 1" scope so can't use a Spuhr or TRG mount. PM me for a good deal on a low profile 20 MOA Sako rail. </div></div>

Go with a Near 25, same factory pos came on my 260.

As long as the same rifle price doesnt go up i'm fine. Id rather shorten it myself for the money anyways and do it to 22 so its more accurate at 1000 yrds.

A lot of people wonder why such things as a shorter barrel or different chamber equal higher cost to the shooter. Basically, it is economy of scale. To crank out 26" barrelled TRG's by the thousands is one thing, but if you change just one aspect of that for a "niche" run of only a few thousand or hundred or whatever, the economy of scale really tanks and the price goes up.

That being said, we obviously felt some Sako accessories were overpriced which led to some of our products.

I will have to agree that I would take a TRG over my own custom Remingtons any day. Now I just need a TRG in 243AI!
Justin

I guess the era of the Sako TRG is rapidly drawing to a close .

It was viable when it was approx 1/2 the cost of a AI AW , as the price gets close to this price point , lees viable as far as I am concerned .

I have both AWs and a TRG-22 , the Sako is not as good in simple terms as the AW , but at a different price band they where viable , now less so .

In 308 given no limits on cost , the AI AW is what I will reach for evey time , have used and reccommended the Sako TRGs for about 12yrs , and the AWs for about 3 yrs , at the higher price Sako now want for the TRGs , to me they are no longer viable , especially in my location where they are priced at AI prices , let alone in the US .

As to the Sako TRG M10 , here they want AI Ax prices , Opps , well not from me they wont .

The Sako 10shot mag is nowhere as good as the AI AW 10shot 308 mag , its that simple .

Later Chris

Very good info thanks Guys. Well if I want one I need to get it soon!! Hell its 2012 now by 27 mins....worlds coming to an end this year so why wait!!!