• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Trigger help

Ragin_cajun

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2011
I have heard good and bad things about the x-mark pro trigger. My trigger is pretty nice. It breaks as clean as my shillen in my ar50, but it breaks at almost 5 lbs. I have adjusted the trigger to where it does break clean but it's just to heavy. My question is will a reduced power spring from Wolff or holland for the model 700 work with the x-mark or just the old style trigger? If it will work what kind of results can I expect?

Re: Trigger help

I am not sure if the spring would work with the factory trigger. I can say this, having owned at least 2 x-mark pro triggers I just saved up and bought a Timney trigger and never looked back. X-Mark are ok for a factory trigger but I want a nice trigger in my rifles and the X-Mark Pro will never be that kind of "nice trigger".

I'm new with the x-mark will a Timney trigger with safety and bolt release swap right in?

Timney or the Jewell. Don't try to improve the Remington just buy a aftermarket drop in. Much safer and way better performance.