• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech 2-Stage Trigger - I'm stoked!

There it is another Bigfoot! Instead of releasing the darn thing to the public they double down on stupid and do more exclusive favors to privileged individuals after a year and a half of constant fertilization with B.S. while keeping everyone in the dark. Big foot beta testing and mushroom principle marketing combined with announce and push release deadlines are something I did not expect of TriggerTech. Their single stages are solid products with no-nonsense design this dual stage marketing scenario was totally unnecessary and quite frankly below their attained level of reputation. I'll stick with my proven single stage TriggerTechs and they can keep their marketing and prototype wonder. One sale lost for sure!

There it is another Bigfoot! Instead of releasing the darn thing to the public they double down on stupid and do more exclusive favors to privileged individuals after a year and a half of constant fertilization with B.S. while keeping everyone in the dark. Big foot beta testing and mushroom principle marketing combined with announce and push release deadlines are something I did not expect of TriggerTech. Their single stages are solid products with no-nonsense design this dual stage marketing scenario was totally unnecessary and quite frankly below their attained level of reputation. I'll stick with my proven single stage TriggerTechs and they can keep their marketing and prototype wonder. One sale lost for sure!

Dude, chill the fuck out. I paid full price for this. They allowed anyone with a dealer account to order one to have on hand and they are taking bulk orders to ship out in a couple weeks.

Keep that “privileged individual” shit to yourself.

It definitely took much longer than it should have and they weren’t very good with their timeline.

Take the butthurt elsewhere.

Interesting. I like the amount of travel in the Huber. I'd be curious how the TT break feels. I don't notice any sort of creep in the Huber so curious what it would mean to improve it.

Break feels just like the single stage.

Reactions: littlepod
Dude, chill the fuck out. I paid full price for this. They allowed anyone with a dealer account to order one to have on hand and they are taking bulk orders to ship out in a couple weeks.

It definitely took much longer than it should have and they weren’t very good with their timeline.

Keep your derogatory statements to yourself you still got a product before general release; after they saw that I was getting fed up they contacted me too and offered to "get me sorted out" if I sent them an e-mail, not sure what they wanted to offer but I told them that I did not appreciate the one and a half year jerk around with continual sightings and that I will stick with the single stage . So while I can appreciate that you paid for your product you still got the privilege pre-release before Joe average. Wasn't meant as a personal attack but obviously I did set off the butthurt nerve in you though.

Hope for everyone else you will still post your experience once you've put that trigger through the paces a bit because you are generally one of the more faithful and knowledgeable posters on the forum. As the OP I would like to see the best info on the product available in this thread and I value your input, especially since I'll pass on this one. I had been contacted by some as if it was my personal product after merely mentioning the fact they were planning to release a dual stage and I got some ire from folks when it did not materialize. So I learnt my lesson, I won't be posting about, or mention any product a manufacturer promises, or projects until the thing becomes a fact and is available for everyone to acquire, except for direct questions to the manufacturer regarding their "idea." My beef is not with you but it is an objection with TriggerTech's practice of marketing that seems to be becoming another "new normal" in the industry, I hate that phrase.

Buy a Bix. Problem solved.

Keep your derogatory statements to yourself you still got a product before general release; after they saw that I was getting fed up they contacted me too and offered to "get me sorted out" if I sent them an e-mail, not sure what they wanted to offer but I told them that I did not appreciate the one and a half year jerk around with continual sightings and that I will stick with the single stage . So while I can appreciate that you paid for your product you still got the privilege pre-release before Joe average. Wasn't meant as a personal attack but obviously I did set off the butthurt nerve in you though.

Hope for everyone else you will still post your experience once you've put that trigger through the paces a bit because you are generally one of the more faithful and knowledgeable posters on the forum. As the OP I would like to see the best info on the product available in this thread and I value your input, especially since I'll pass on this one. I had been contacted by some as if it was my personal product after merely mentioning the fact they were planning to release a dual stage and I got some ire from folks when it did not materialize. So I learnt my lesson, I won't be posting about, or mention any product a manufacturer promises, or projects until the thing becomes a fact and is available for everyone to acquire, except for direct questions to the manufacturer regarding their "idea." My beef is not with you but it is an objection with TriggerTech's practice of marketing that seems to be becoming another "new normal" in the industry, I hate that phrase.

You could have gotten an account just like most anyone else can (getting a dealer account or mil/le ain’t hard at all). There’s always going to be people who get things first. So again, stop with the “privileged” bullshit.

I’m telling you one last time, cut the shit on bashing them. Everyone agrees the timeline was bad. But your continued bashing is venturing into the Vendor/manufacturer bashing territory.

The final product is done and out there. With dealer bulk orders shipping soon. The time for complaining about the release for the past 18 months is done.

The product is out there, so either continue to discuss the product itself or don’t. But stop complaining about the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffLebowski
Interesting. I like the amount of travel in the Huber. I'd be curious how the TT break feels. I don't notice any sort of creep in the Huber so curious what it would mean to improve it.

have you pulled a TT diamond? i ask because ive owned a lot of triggers including a huber and none of them broke and clean of as creep free as the TT.

The delay sucks for sure but they wanted to get things right and I think they delivered a damn impressive trigger that should serve people very well.

Reactions: 47guy
have you pulled a TT diamond? i ask because ive owned a lot of triggers including a huber and none of them broke and clean of as creep free as the TT.

Yeh I shot a TT Diamond multiple times. I ended up going to 2-stage though. I've had multiple other triggers and have felt a whole lot of creep and mush. TT was fantastic. My huber 2-stage I can't notice any creep at all. I get to the wall, and then it smoothly breaks. No complaints except I wish it was slightly lighter ~1-1.25lbs, instead of the 1.5lbs. Or like what DThomas did, 1lb 1st stage, .5lb 2nd stage would be perfect. My Huber is .75/.75

Reactions: 47guy
None of the triggers I have tried are as nice as the TT Diamond (B&A Tac Sport Pro, was difficult to get it low without dropping on hard bolt running and also jiggled side to side), (Timeny and Timney CE, good but can still feel a small difference between them and the TT Diamond), (Huber 2 stage @ 1.5, feels better then the Timneys but not as good as the TT Diamond). I don't like a trigger pull that is too light where it will go off before compressing the pad on my finger, which I think is around .5/.75 lbs. I have no problems running both TT Diamonds hard, neither of them will go off when slamming the bolt forward as hard as possible even at weights below that .5 lb mark. One is in a Deviant, the other a V22. The TT's are straight and the others are curved, so that may have something to do with how it feels to me.

People try to give accurate estimates but there is a non zero chance to run into issues and I would rather have a trigger delayed than prematurely released, that is the same for any product but triggers are pretty important for safety. I think a lot of people are disappointed and wished the release date was more accurate but shit happens, no need to cry like a little bitch about it.

Received the two stage special with the straight trigger today. I don't need the light trigger pull offered on the Diamond on a hunting rifle.

Installed it in an Impact action with zero trigger hanger. Wonderful combination by the way.

Started with factory settings. No adjustment yet.

Pros

Passed all safety tests.
Break may be better than my other trigger tech special triggers.
Second stage may be a bit light for a hunting rifle but I will adjust that.
This is my first straight trigger. I prefer straight to curved so far.

Cons

First stage is very short (too short) at least compared to an Accuracy International trigger.
First stage is much too light from the factory. I will adjust that.

All in all, it wasn't love at first sight but I will see how it does with some adjustment.

I'm thinking this will become my second favorite trigger after the AI.

These should be broadly available by the end of the month.

I don't like how little first stage there is, I wish it was more.

It's exactly what I want. I think it's weird that some of you want a longer travel and want the 1st stage to be heavier than the 2nd stage.... but I'm comparing it to the AR Diamond trigger that they already have, not other Remington 700 2-stage triggers out there.

For me, this will be perfect, because the first stage, when set to 4 ounces, will feel just like the AR Diamond, which already felt just like the AR Gold and some 1911/2011 triggers. The first stage just serves as a small amount of light take-up to prep/stage your finger for the shot. Personally, I think that's all that's needed, and, for me, will give a common feel across a variety of platforms.

What's the logic of running a heavier first stage than 2nd stage? That seems counter-intuitive to me.

I run a heavier first stage, 1lb, and .5lb break because the break is the final squeeze before the rifles goes off, so I'd like that to be as minimal as possible to not incur any movement into the rifle.

A lot of people run their TT diamonds at 4-8oz which I don't like with wearing gloves or cold days I can have a misfire. But having a 1lb first stage, and the same 4-8oz 2nd stage allows me to index on the trigger, stage it, and still get the 4-8oz break.

I’m actually liking the sound of the short first stage. May be giving this one a shot on the next build. I guess simply because I’ve always been a two stage shooter. I’m using a single stage TT and getting used to it but having just a touch of the old familiar two stage would be nice. No need for a long first stage.

Reactions: avastcosmicarena
Sounds like it's probably modeled after the AR Diamond, which is a 2 stage that feels more 1911-like. (very short & light first stage)

Could you do me a favor? Could you test how low the first stage can be set? I am wondering how closely it can replicate the feel of the AR Diamond. The initial stage on that is only about 2oz, if I remember correctly.

The first stage of the TT diamond two stage I have starts at 2.1oz and the second stage at 5oz. Both stages have a huge range so you could make the first stage relatively light or heavy and ditto with the second stage. Your not locked into a light-heavy or heavy-light pattern. I tested this is on a production 2 stage Diamond not a prototype and using a machine shop grade force gauge. The production Special I have went down to 4.75oz for stage 1 and 5.8oz for stage 2. Both the Diamond and Special have roughly 1/16th inch total travel on the first stage so yes, the travel is very short.

ok so you know that the BnA is NOT a true 2 stage it’s a take up trigger...as far as I know the geissele super 700 is the only true 2 stage so the BnA is actually a single stage with a bunch of creep.

People with their "true 2 stage" lingo. There doesn't seem to be a good and consistent definition of this term. I can tell you that the BnA is not a single stage with a bunch creep though. There is neither any movement of the sear at all in a BnA during the first stage nor even any contact such that force could be applied to the sear at that point. I could see it charcterized as a "take up trigger" as the first stage is really just the trigger pulling against a spring with no contact between that and the rest of the internals or any sort of passive internal safety attached to the first stage. I really can't speak to the Geissele's function as I have not seen one disassembled to reverse engineer how it works.

I don't know that TTs have anywhere for dirt to get it. I think they're sealed.

The legendary dirt tolerance the TT single stages have earned is the result of a combination of the substantial sear engagement that their roller allows them to have, the roller itself, and how open the bottom of the trigger as well as the area inside around the moving parts is. This allows dirt a place to be pushed out of the way of the functioning components. It is rather the opposite of sealed though the TT guys do put a sticker on the trigger warning users away from molesting the internals much to my annoyance. You could call the sticker a seal but it applies only to fingers, not dust.

2020 6 18 me testing.jpg

Last edited:
The first stage of the TT diamond two stage I have starts at 2.1oz and the second stage at 5oz. Both stages have a huge range. This is on a production 2 stage Diamond and using a machine shop grade force gauge. The production Special I have went down to 4.75oz for stage 1 and 5.8oz for stage 2.

Awesome, thank you.

Took me a few hundred dry fires, but I’ve gotten used to the short travel of the first stage.

I’ve found I can run the 2nd stage much lower than I was comfortable with my single stage. The stiff wall of the triggertech works really well in this aspect.

I think a longer travel would take less use to get used to the trigger, but once you get used to it, it’s not a huge deal.

Anybody have an idea on what the price will be for the two stage Diamond, or where the best place to order one would be?

Anybody have an idea on what the price will be for the two stage Diamond, or where the best place to order one would be?

I’m thinking in the $3-$330 range. Any triggertech retailer. High volume places like mile high would probably be the best place to find them in the beginning. I believe orders are going in this week with mid July being the bulk shipments.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer

Dave, you should kneel and apologize for your TT PRIVILEGE........HAHAHA

So, something I just discovered while running speed drills. I’m not sure if this is by design or not.

Since the first stage is so short, if you’re in a time crunch you can pull through both stages pretty easily without moving your sights during trigger pull. Basically you can run it like a single stage without hiccup if need be.

On two stages with a longer first stage, you can find yourself moving the reticle/sight while trying to run too fast.

Not sure if the guys at triggertech are geniuses, or the lucked into this. But it’s nice being able to alternate on command stopping at the stage wall or just pulling through it when need be.

Was so looking forward to this release, but just found out there will not be a left-handed two stage option, and there are no current plans to release one.

I suppose i'll just order a few more Specials for some future builds, but quite disappointed with the lack of lefties. Here's to hoping they release it eventually.

Reactions: CBeck and Ruff 364
Was so looking forward to this release, but just found out there will not be a left-handed two stage option, and there are no current plans to release one.

I suppose i'll just order a few more Specials for some future builds, but quite disappointed with the lack of lefties. Here's to hoping they release it eventually.

Just have the stock or chassis modified to accept a right hand safety. Or remove the safety.

So, something I just discovered while running speed drills. I’m not sure if this is by design or not.

Since the first stage is so short, if you’re in a time crunch you can pull through both stages pretty easily without moving your sights during trigger pull. Basically you can run it like a single stage without hiccup if need be.

On two stages with a longer first stage, you can find yourself moving the reticle/sight while trying to run too fast.

Not sure if the guys at triggertech are geniuses, or the lucked into this. But it’s nice being able to alternate on command stopping at the stage wall or just pulling through it when need be.
When you adjusted your first stage, was there a tactile feel when turning it down?

Mine doesn't seem like there's any fell but a smooth feel to it compared to the 2nd stage

When you adjusted your first stage, was there a tactile feel when turning it down?

Mine doesn't seem like there's any fell but a smooth feel to it compared to the 2nd stage

No, it’s definitely not the same as the tactile 2nd stage.

Ran it in a match today. Normally I can find at least a shot where I make a fundamental error with trigger control.

Not with this trigger. Being a two stage, it really keeps you engaged with the trigger. And the 2nd stage breaks like everyone is used to with triggertech.

Ran it in a match today. Normally I can find at least a shot where I make a fundamental error with trigger control.

Not with this trigger. Being a two stage, it really keeps you engaged with the trigger. And the 2nd stage breaks like everyone is used to with triggertech.
440E9E57-85C7-4FB0-BC5A-CD3777377DC4.jpeg

Over all are you pretty pleased with the 2 stage then?

Over all are you pretty pleased with the 2 stage then?

Definitely. I wasn’t overly impressed at shot show because they had the first and second stage turned way down.

Took me a little while to get used to the short first stage. But it’s now my favorite trigger, bar none.

Reactions: Krob95