• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x24 opinoins

LAKsupply

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
Wyo
I have a 458 SOCOM upper that will be here in the next couple days. The original plan was to use an Aimpoint Micro on it, but the Accupoints have caught my eye. The main purpose for this rig is bear defense when we're hiking/camping/hunting in the high country. This isn't Alaska, but we do have some health griz up here. The 50,000 hour battery life on the Aimpoint Micro is attractive, and it's light and durable. The issue I'm running into is that if I ever want to use the thing for hunting I have no magnification with the Aimpoint. I wouldn't be shooting very far with the thing... 150-200 is about it. I've been thinking that the Accupoint would give me the best of both worlds... red dot [triangle] at zero mag for the defensive use and up to 4x for hunting. I've also considered a magnifier for the Aimpoint and that's still on the table, but I wanted some opinions on the Accupoint first.

Re: Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x24 opinoins

I have a TR21 on my 450b and think it's perfect.

The TR21 used to ride on my 3 gun rig, so I'm pretty used to it for close shots and shots out to 350 yards with my 5.56 ARs. My 450b, much like your 458 is a 250 yard gun and the accupoint is fine for that.

Accupoint 1-4x is awesome. I have one with Green Triangle reticle on an AR. Good stuff. Glass is very clear. I haven't seen a situation in which I could not see my reticle, day or night. no batteries is good stuff. Quick on target up close, gtg at range.

Keep in mind that the eye relief is unlimited for the T1 which may give it the edge in a defensive situation. If that's important to you, one option is to go with a T1 and an Aimpoint 3x mag on a flip mount.

TR24 is an amazing piece of glass!

i found them to be quite alot of glass for a low entrance fee.with little practice very fast to target on 1x with great field of view,could still hit most anything out to 500 on 4x.if your in alot of brush i would go iron sights,nothing as fast.hand cannon is another option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if your in alot of brush i would go iron sights,nothing as fast.</div></div>

An Aimpoint will be faster than irons for most people.

If I go with something that's not a scope I'll use the Aimpoint. My only concern with the Accupoint is, as the poster above mentioned, eye relief. Really by the time I'm done I don't think there will be a ton of cost difference to get the Aimpoint and a magnifier... should be able to do it within a couple hundred bucks and have the best of both worlds. It would be nice to have one unit, dial it, and not have to worry about it anymore though. Anybody that's using the 1-4x Accupoint... how well does it work as a red dot?

For the stated mission, my vote goes to the Micro. I have never Bear hunted myself but know a few that have that had some stories about getting suprised/ambushed. When outright speed is what I need at close distance I want the dot and not much else in my FOV.

The reticle is fantastic for 1x work (if that is what you mean by "using it as a Red Dot"). In fact, it may even be better than a simple dot. Put the triangle over the target, fire. As far as 100 yards, if the triangle is over the target, you'll hit it.

Target acquisition is lightning fast.

At range, use the tip of the triangle for precision.

Ressurecting a dead thread but I'm considering this scope for a Ruger 375, and am concerned about the 3.2" eye relief. Does anyone have any experience using this sight for a heavy kicker?

Thanks,
Eric

3.2" is not enough? My S&B 5-25 has a nominal eye relief of 3.35" and it's on a 338 Lapua...

The Ruger 375 has more kick than the 338 Lapua. Based on what I'm seeing it seems like people tend to go with the TR21 which has a 4.8" - 3.4" ER.

I had a TR-24 on my 375 for a short period while waiting for the scope I ordered for it to arrive. Shooting from the bench I didn't have any problems but never shot it from any field positions. I do love the TR24, great scope.