• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors trust/w Certificate or Compliance yes or no?

Geronimo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
columbus, ohio
Ok. just as it says, ? don"t recall sending one last time on a trust route, and was given one to send into, with the next. Also is it still 2 copies of the form 4 and 1 of the trust?

You don't need the Certificate of compliance. That is for individuals only, to certify citizenship. 2 form 4's and 1 copy of trust is correct.

I was advised by my dealer to send it. I sent it with my SBR as well. You just never know. It's an easy form and I'd rather be safe than have to go through a hold after I get a letter saying its needed.

You don't need the Certificate of compliance. That is for individuals only, to certify citizenship. 2 form 4's and 1 copy of trust is correct.

That is incorrect.

From day one they require a Certificate if Compliance with a trust document to certify it is controlled by a person in the country in which it's being registered in.

It may depend on the examiner in your state, but I have never sent one with a trust. Dozens of items have come back approved without a problem. I even contacted the NFA branch about this, and was told that it is not necessary. But, as stated above, its easy enough to fill out and doesn't hurt to include it.

This is just another example of why the NFA process needs to be overhauled. Another question that you will get different answers to, depending on which examiner you speak with.

Last edited:
Well we are in the same state and Dana Pickles has been very clear that he requires that Certificate of Compliance with each set of form 4's.
If you are getting approvals then they are bumping you to someone else as Dana and his assistant are sticklers for protocol. I've registered my fair share of NFA items and if I ever forgot the certificate I got a note in the mail asking for one.

That is incorrect.

From day one they require a Certificate if Compliance with a trust document to certify it is controlled by a person in the country in which it's being registered in.

Incorrect. It has never been required for Trusts. People keep sending them in, they keep telling FFLs it is not required:

I sent a CoC with my trust just in case. Who the hell knows what the ATF may request. You may as well think ahead.

This also got me thinking about the other NFA trust thread. By sending a CoC also another way already certifying that you don't have a felon as a trust holder? Why additional restrictions? Enforce the fn laws already on the books.....oh that would be too damn simple.

Incorrect. It has never been required for Trusts. People keep sending them in, they keep telling FFLs it is not required:

Maybe you should forward that to the 4 different examiners I have had, as they all REQUIRED the certificate to be sent in. I did as instructed to get my Form 4's approved.