• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UFC 139 Holy Sh*t what a war

bigsky23

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2010
Billings Mt.
If anyone out there just watched the Wanderlei Silva vs Kung Lee fight then the Henderson vs Shogun fight they just experienced what fights are supposed to be. WoW. Is it just me or were those two of the best fights you've ever seen?
grin.gif

Re: UFC 139 Holy Sh*t what a war

In case you did'nt, Wanderlei pound the dog crap out of Kung Lee for the entire fight before destroying Lee's nose with several knees to it. Kung lee left unrecognizable. Then... Henderson landed haymakers, elbows, knees and every stike known to man on Shogun who turned out to be a indestructable cyborg from the future. Shogun took the worst beating I've ever seen a human take for three rounds at the hands of Hendo only to come back and win the last two rounds losing a unanimous 3/2 decision to Henderson. All in all a night of fights that rarely come around!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shogun/Henderson was a fight. Fight of the year, if you ask me. </div></div>

+1

I expected more from Cung Lee but Hendo Shogun was a fantastic fight between two legends. Also glad to see Urijah getting his hand held up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Courtgus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shogun/Henderson was a fight. Fight of the year, if you ask me. </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

That's borderline, Best fight in forever. I'm currently trying to "aquire" the first 99 UFC events. Probably gonna have an entire weekend of UFC Mania some time. Watch em all 1-139.

I went in wanting hendo to win, came out a Shogun fan....and more impressed with Dan Henderson than ever.....those two have more balls than most. Truly a great thing to watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsky23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone out there just watched the Wanderlei Silva vs Kung Lee fight then the Henderson vs Shogun fight they just experienced what fights are supposed to be. WoW. Is it just me or were those two of the best fights you've ever seen?
grin.gif
</div></div>

[RANT]
My take was that both fights came down to poor conditioning. Cung Le lost because he stopped moving due to what looked undeniably like gassing out. Shogun is a great, talented fighter but his worst enemy is himself. At 29 years old he's throwing away the rest of his career with his poor work ethic. Maybe working out with GSP or Guida would bring him back and introduce some cardio to his training.
[/RANT]

One would think that folks at this level of the sport would have more gas in their tank especially knowing it was a 5 round fight. I suppose they get a bit used to having their fights only go into the first round, but still ....

yeah that was a great battle and them boys were whipped by end of round 2. But they battled thru it!!