• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimatum Deadline Action

Jknox1030

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
https://www.ultimatumprecision.com/products/ultimatum-deadline-action

This looks to be a really promising action. Anyone know much about these? 60* bolt, floating bolt head, Savage Pre-Fit barrels, R700 Triggers.... What am I missing? Maybe questionable extraction because of the Savage Style extraction? Seems like an innovative (or maybe better stated, a good compilation of pre-existing items in 1 package) solution.

Attachments

• photo76282.png
    photo76282.png
    45 KB · Views: 304
  • photo76283.png
    photo76283.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 307
  • photo76284.png
    photo76284.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 277
  • photo76285.png
    photo76285.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 275
  • photo76286.png
    photo76286.png
    47 KB · Views: 293
The first action they came out with was short lived, but idk why. Seemed to be well made. Though idk anyone really running them. JFComfort ran the first one for a while.

The first action they came out with was short lived, but idk why. Seemed to be well made. Though idk anyone really running them. JFComfort ran the first one for a while.

I believe it had something to do with having an extremely heavy bolt lift (something like 3 times heavier than say a Surgeon).

Wow! 3x the bolt lift weight? How much of an added weight is to be expected with the 3-lug vs. the more standard 2-lug?

It does look really good i will say that! Hopefully the bolt lift is light. 60 degrees, theyd be competing with the Tempest and Curtis actions which have pretty nice lifts. So if they still have a heavy lift, its gunna be hard to justify going with em'. Cant wait to see how it is!

I imagine the dual ejectors are to remedy the savage ejection issues. Is it extraction or ejection that savage has problems with? I knew they had problems but i'd only ever seen a series of failed ejections. Admittedly i don't keep up with savage stuff.

I imagine the dual ejectors are to remedy the savage ejection issues. Is it extraction or ejection that savage has problems with? I knew they had problems but i'd only ever seen a series of failed ejections. Admittedly i don't keep up with savage stuff.

I think you're right. It does seem more like ejection issues. Savages tend to extract fine but fail to sling the case out of the action.

Other than the extraction/ejection (which remains to be seen if the double ejectors will help), this seems to have everything that I'd be looking of in a receiver... Savage-Style barrel nut for the DIY barrel changes, 60* bolt throw, Rem700 platform and triggers.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see on the ejection.

I think you're right. It does seem more like ejection issues. Savages tend to extract fine but fail to sling the case out of the action.

Other than the extraction/ejection (which remains to be seen if the double ejectors will help), this seems to have everything that I'd be looking of in a receiver... Savage-Style barrel nut for the DIY barrel changes, 60* bolt throw, Rem700 platform and triggers.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see on the ejection.

Give it some time let it get field tested. It'd also be comforting to know they're not going to drop support or production of the action within the year they release it.

If you're looking for a 60 degree switch barrel just grab an Axiom and a switch lug for the time being.

Reactions: brianf
The only problem I have seen on a Savage has been one that had extraction issues. While looking at it and trying to diagnose it for the shooter (an old friend of mine) in the field, I promptly popped the extractor out of the bolt head, and lost the extractor, ball bearing, and spring. In the middle of a prairie dog shoot. You're welcome, ol' buddy.

Fortunately, he was able to go to a backup gun and finish the shoot.

Anyhow, I replaced the parts once we got back home, and I haven't heard the end of it since... so whenever he starts messing with me, I threaten to fix his gun again...

Bolt lift is just under 7 lbs on the new Deadline action. During testing of the Deadline, we have not had a single bad extraction or ejection. That was firing hot loads, hot loads stuck in the lands, proof rounds.... you name it. The savage extractor style works well when it is properly machined. The extractor can't actually come out, since the ejectors are in the way. The dual ejector system works awesome, no matter how hard/soft you pull on that bolt. Reviews are to come soon! keep an eye out.

I'm still using the U300 and recently harvested my mule deer with it!

Attachments

• A5DF180B-23FF-45DD-AE98-9B25E02F1906.jpeg
    A5DF180B-23FF-45DD-AE98-9B25E02F1906.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 262
  • B1E23CB0-5CE8-4F46-B963-752055C6C122.jpeg
    B1E23CB0-5CE8-4F46-B963-752055C6C122.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 237
Nice rifle^^^^i realy want to do a hunting rifle in a xlr carbon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thank you! I originally built the rifle as a 6.5mm Creedmoor match gun but haven't been shooting matches. When hunting season came around it was my best option. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Deadline and am planning on a lightweight 6.5mm SAUM.

Oooo so it does have a lighter lift aye? Color me intrigued... I eagerly await the reviews! Ive been spending a bit too much lately to jump on board at release XD but my eyes will be open!

Can anyone confirm whether or not it has a supported bolt stop?

I just got to fondle one of these today and I was really impressed. Bolt lift didn't feel heavy, if anything it was the same or lighter than an R700. Actual overall weight was on par with the Defiance long action I had in my other hand.Ticked all the boxes for me, so now I'm doing what I can to get one built up for the matches in the new year. It will be in 6.5x47L which is a caliber I've shot thousands of rounds with. I'll report back when I get a few hundred rounds through it.

Id love to hear a comparison between these and the Curtis Axioms. Im growing fond of 3 lug and short throw bolts. For anyone who has a Deadline, or is getting one soon, reviews or comparisons would be appreciated very much! So far it looks good!

The faster we can get some information about this action out there, the faster i can decide where my tax returns is going to between a Curtis Vector and a Deadline hehe

Anyone have any more info on this action? Anyone get to fondle it at the SHOT show JP booth?

Anyone have any more info on this action? Anyone get to fondle it at the SHOT show JP booth?
8541 Tactical reported that Ultimatum Precision wasn't able to get any of their actions or display rifles into the county due to the USG shutdown.

We’ll be putting a rifle together when we receive our Deadline action. Dane is going to run it on a match gun build so we can vet the action before purchasing more and recommending to clients as a solid 3 lug option. We have high hopes for it and know XLR and Manners will have their products available with the specific footprint for the Deadline.

Here is some info on its predecessor the U300.

http://dmr-llc.com/?p=244

The Deadline incorporates additional features not found on the U300. When I first received the U300 the lift was horrible but after blasting and re-coating I found it to be acceptable and moved forward with using the action.

Last edited:
Reactions: snarkscarbine
8541 Tactical reported that Ultimatum Precision wasn't able to get any of their actions or display rifles into the county due to the USG shutdown.
He's got a mini review on his Youtube channel. His action was waiting for him when he got back from SHOT.

I have ordered two and will probably pare them up with a PSE Composites stock and a stock and carbon wrapped barrel from Southforthlabs.
Throw on a March 3-24 and that should add up to a nifty package good for carrying around for days. Probably chamber them in 243 and 260.
Will post updates once they get in.

I don’t mean to bring up and old thread, but has anyone run one in an AIAX chassis?

I have seen one being put together at my gunsmith's shop, and it has a Proof Research wrapped barrel on it. The action has everything you want, and is priced about $1,200. It has: Savage-compatible receiver threading (small shank 1.062" x 20 threads per inch), so you can put on a Savage prefit with a nut, or shoulder the barrel like everything else; thick integral recoil lug; rail options have 6 #8-40 screws on the picatinny rail, as well as pegs front and rear for locating; trigger hanger is beautiful; 3-lug replaceable floating bolt head with double ejectors; no-tool bolt takedown; lock-out design on firing pin to prevent out-of-battery discharge; and it takes the usual magazines. There are two videos on the Ultimatum site and Facebook. Go look at them cycle 10 rounds rapidly, and see how everything flies; then look at the video of cycling one round with the rifle lying on it's left side, moving the bolt dead slow, and watch the round get tossed up and over the back of the action. This action is stout, smooth, and a class piece of design.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Handled the action on IWA2018. and testfit it in our lightweight chassis.
Will order one for test build with carbon-wrapped barrel i hope to get 7lbs rifle.

Reactions: kingston
Our Deadline is in-bound! Dane will be building a 18" 6.5 Creedmoor.

Picked up from the FFL on friday! Pending Build list includes:
KRG Bravo chassis
Savage take-off 308 and 223 barrels
Timney Calvin Elite Adjustable
Vortex Razor Gen2 in vortex rings

Attachments

• InkedIMG_2316_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_2316_LI.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 158
Picked up from the FFL on friday! Pending Build list includes:
KRG Bravo chassis
Savage take-off 308 and 223 barrels
Timney Calvin Elite Adjustable
Vortex Razor Gen2 in vortex rings
It won't get any better than that! Please follow up with a range report and critique of your selections.

Might take me a few weeks for a full range review, but here are my first thoughts:

Ultimatum Deadline:
Built like a tank. love the 60deg throw, swept back handle, and the dual ejectors seem to work nicely while just cycling. Action cycles nicely, and should smooth out even more upon use.

KRG Bravo:
Feels rock-solid and has tons of features. Zero complaints for $300!

Timney Calvin Elite Adjustable:
LOVE the trigger. I have fairly large hands, and love the fact that I can move the trigger forward...just feels way more natural. Breaks crisp, no creep, and factory set to 1/2lb pull. This may end up in my match rifle sooner rather than later.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
We did a build video with Justin Collett over the weekend. Dane’s rifle will be ready after Cerakote.

XLR Envy
Jewell trigger
18” Proof CF 6.5 CM (head spaced off barrel shoulder)
Vortex AMG

Hey Joe & Dane,

Did you have to modify the inlet on the XLR for the Deadline action or was a straight drop in?

Henry

XLR has a Deadline specific inlet so they went together without issue. On my U300 to XLR Carbon/R700 modification was needed.

Link below contains photos, the rear tang area needed to be opened up so the receiver would sit on the pad in the chassis properly.

Last edited:
XLR has a Deadline specific inlet so they went together without issue. On my U300 to XLR Carbon/R700 modification was needed.

Link below contains photos, the rear tang area needed to be opened up so the receiver would sit on the pad in the chassis properly.

J, what mags are you using? I shortened the mag catch in my ax chassis to make my mags work as the bolt body is larger than a 2lug action. I’d be interested to hear what you’re using

J, what mags are you using? I shortened the mag catch in my ax chassis to make my mags work as the bolt body is larger than a 2lug action. I’d be interested to hear what you’re using

I also trimmed down the mag latch to work with my Accurate Mag AICS magazines.

Every mag I tested in both the KRG Bravo and my Manners T4a required a shorter mag catch...AW, AICS Steel, and AICS Magpul. Once latched in, everything feeds great.

Just a couple more photos, we’ll be releasing the build video by Justin Collett soon! We did some accuracy testing and shared chronogragh + load information.

2D580C9C-48E4-4520-A4F0-8C7BB57BFBC3.jpeg

Deadline and U300

A67396EF-6D43-4A33-BF6A-2B8EF66895BC.jpeg

Reactions: Bender and Wyzrd
@JaredCO did you have any issues with fitment on the AX chassis? I am about to duplicate that. Thanks in advance
@Movistar
A couple of issues. I had to trim the skins on the seam to clear the sear. I also shortened the bolt catch to run aw mags, approximately .020. I don’t run ax mags so I didn’t mess with the front mag slot. Check the faq’s on their website. Other than that it’s all good. Placed 8that the CD Steel Safari in a very windy and dirty conditions.