• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgraded SKS?

RVM45

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2008
Sovereign Nation of Indiana
Friends,
A few years ago, one of the Custom Gunsmiths offered s refurbishment of the SKS. He modified the trigger, put a scope and a synthetic stock on it and then hard chromed it. He said that it was accurate enough to start learning rifle marksmanship out to about 200-yards and 7.62 x 39 ammunition was tearfully cheep back then—promoting plenty of practice'
This dude also ran a Hard Chrom Plating Service.
His work on the SKS was surprisingly cheap.
I used to refer folks to him when they asked just how good a SKS could be.
Anyway, the question of reworked SKS Rifles came up again and for the life of me, I can't find the site.
Does anyone know where the site that I'm looking for is?
Thanks!

…..RVM45

You might try asking over at the SKSBoards.com

Otherwise, I got nothin' ... as you mentioned the SKS can be a accurized only so much. And even then it is only "so good".

I did some tuning to my MAK 90 and Chicom SKS... using M1 Garand style tuning tricks... while it did help accuracy / consistency, it wasn't enough for me to remain interested in my 2 mentioned firearms.

Please let us know if you find anyone that is still offering services.

Reactions: RVM45