• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS Scam - warning

DavidK

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2006
UPS has lost two of my packages in the last week by not scanning them in and not delivering them. Since they were never scanned in as "received" UPS can deny responsibility.

The first package was a shipment to me from a retailer so the retailer is responsible, but I had to rebuy the product and will have to wait for UPS to trace the lost package and agree that it was not delivered before the store will refund my money on the lost order.

The 2nd instance was a $6000 camera that I shipped. Fortunately, I insured it and the high value of the insurance required a signed receipt by the UPS person accepting it. Without that signed receipt, UPS would deny all responsibility and I would be out $6000.

An identical situation happened to me last year. A driver picked up a package and it was never scanned in so UPS refused to cover the value.

From now on I will not give UPS a package with out a legible signature.

Shippers beware

Re: UPS Scam - warning

You have to watch UPS like a hawk....

I've never had a problem with them or Fedex but it sure sounds like I'm one of the few lucky ones...

I had a UPS store overnight a return pkg that I was sending out, send it to my address rather than the one I gave them. Can't understand how the UPS chick that worked there couldn't figure out why they were going to send a pkg overnight to a place 2 miles away.

UPS is tracking a barrel blank and a muzzle brake as we speak.
Been lost since the 20th.

I've had this happen to me on some small items in the past. When I use UPS or any of the major shipping companies, I ask for them to scan the item before I leave and check the tracking number on my phone to make sure it's in the tracking system. That way if it's lost after that, insurance will cover it. Good luck and keep your eyes open.