• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Used Gear in Australia???

AICS-LR300/338

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2014
Hi all, new member here & 1st post. Just hoping some Aussie locals can help me locate a good supply source for "used" or as new LR (and general) rifle gear?

Im looking for an AICS stock, ver 1.5 in .338 (Black) and 3x magazines (#2468 or perhaps a 10 shot if available??) in the near future. Not too many Forum Classifieds to choose from that i can find, unless someone has some ideas or links?.

Really enjoying this site for the info available to a noob LR (and general) shooter wanting to build a "custom" LR rifle, but hating the "low cost" you northerners (hemisphere) are able to get arms gear for. Hoping to put together a nice outfit at a good (better than retail anyway at least) price.

Have currently got a Rem. 700 SPS in .300 RUM (for the action & trigger) that i want to transplant into the above gear after getting it tweaked out by a local smithy.

Hope someone can help out, and over time hope i can reciprocate and give some back.

Thanks for reading.....

PS....thanks for the site to get my request out there, GREAT!!!!

Cheers
Gypsy

Not much as far as forum classifieds goes in australia anymore after the biggest forum was taken offline, I'd look at usedguns.com.au and maybe stick something in the wanted section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much as far as forum classifieds goes in australia anymore after the biggest forum was taken offline, I'd look at usedguns.com.au and maybe stick something in the wanted section.

Hey dulla, thanks for letting me know about this site, I will check it out. Seems we have too small a market out here to support online sales except for the "retail" market for goods.

Regards
Gypsy

EDIT~~ Yeah good one thanks, have some gear there, (not what im needing but im still in saving mode so its all good) so BIG THANKS for the heads up. Cheers

Last edited:
Contact Danny or Tony at Delta Tactical If they can't get what you want no one can!!!

They do Cerakoting and do an excellent job with quick turn around time

They are the Australian dealers for Tac-Ops rifles

The can advise and supply you with all your high end optics and mounts

Supply you with custom actions barrels no matter what it is if you want it they will try and get it for you, with no Bullshit honest service.

Shooting is their passion I can't talk highly enough about Danny and Tony!! look no further

+2 for Delta Tactical. They will be attending SHOT shortly so there will no doubt be some additional goodies coming out during the year which they will source for customers.

Jason at ADJA is very good too , got an AX rifle coming in for well under what most ask and cheaper than what DTAC quoted by a bit too.

for used stuff there are classifieds at australianhunting.net and austarets.com as well as shootingaustralia.net

as previously mentioned usedguns.com.au is the best source but there is a couple of others like usedgunsales.com.au

Not sure, its more based on availability from manufactures than a set schedule as far as i know

Contact Danny or Tony at Delta Tactical If they can't get what you want no one can!!!
They do Cerakoting and do an excellent job with quick turn around time
They are the Australian dealers for Tac-Ops rifles
The can advise and supply you with all your high end optics and mounts
Supply you with custom actions barrels no matter what it is if you want it they will try and get it for you, with no Bullshit honest service.
Shooting is their passion I can't talk highly enough about Danny and Tony!! look no further

Hi Kruger, thanks for letting me know about them as well. I am also interested in some Cerakoting (had previously read about it in a gun mag & contacted the Qld mob...seems a bit exxy here compared to quoted US prices tho) so will look into it. Cheers.

Jason at ADJA is very good too , got an AX rifle coming in for well under what most ask and cheaper than what DTAC quoted by a bit too.
for used stuff there are classifieds at australianhunting.net and austarets.com as well as shootingaustralia.net
as previously mentioned usedguns.com.au is the best source but there is a couple of others like usedgunsales.com.au

Hi S12A, thanks also for those leads, will also give them a look. As stated, still in the saving mode atm, so not in a great hurry. Cheers.

Gypsy

Good to see ya one here BJ! Thing are good, gearing up for a field shoot this week which is good but damn hot here

Just as an aside topic if i may.....can anyone also give me an idea where i might have the .300rum mag mod done? ( the one that removes the forward stamping indent) on the .338LP mag.

I've also read the .300WM "can" be used for .300rum as well but not sure if I'd still need to do the mod on these as well, and Im not sure if it will work once re barreled to .338/300 Edge?

If anyone can help?

Thanks
Gypsy