• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Using old r700 trigger in AAC-sd

-paradox-

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
Just got an old style remington 700 trigger and didn't realize before I got it that the safety doesn't fit newer actions. Do most people just dremel that off? Sorry, I'm new to this platform hope that's not a dumb question. I searched but nada.

Original "Walker" Old Style trigger with Bolt-Locking Safety Lever

Just got an old style remington 700 trigger and didn't realize before I got it that the safety doesn't fit newer actions. Do most people just dremel that off? Sorry, I'm new to this platform hope that's not a dumb question. I searched but nada.

The safety doesn't fit how? I have an old style Remington trigger on mine right now and haven't had any fitment issues.

to paradox and Trigger Monkey: "Old Style" Remington 700 triggers will fit newer Remington 700 actions with a caveat: The ORIGINAL Remington 700 trigger designed by Mike Walker (father of the Remington 700 and others) had an extension on the Safety Lever which locked the bolt closed when the Safety was set to "S"/"Safe". On the ADL (non-floorplate) model the bolt had to be cycled in order to unload the cartridges from the internal box. Floorplate models could dump the cartridges from their internal magazine boxes by releasing their respective floorplates. Without getting into specifics and legalities Remington later revised the trigger, and one of these changes was to remove the extension on the Safety Lever that locked the bolt. See the photo directly below this paragraph for a photo of an original LH "Walker" Old Style trigger.

Original LH "Walker" Remington 700 Old Style trigger with Bolt-Locking Safety:

You can cut the extension off and the trigger will function fine (and not lock the bolt). However, some people actually want/prefer the bolt-locking safety so maybe you can sell the trigger and just buy another old style trigger. Just be sure of what you are buying. I always want to see clear photos of the item(s) and ask the Seller questions before I commit to buy. You may lose-out on the items(s), but at least you won't be committed to purchasing an item(s) that you don't need or want and have to sell later. Pay no attention to the different trigger blades, but directly below this paragraph is a photo of two RH Old Style Remington 700 triggers side-by-side. On the left is an Old Style "Ridgeback" trigger with the revised (non-bolt-locking) Safety Lever, and on the right is an original "Walker" (with bolt-locking Safety Lever) that has had the extension that lock the bolt closed cut-off.

RH Old Style triggers. Newer Safety Lever on Left, original (with the Bolt-Locking Safety cut-off) on Right:

Keith

First thing I did when I got my 16.5" SPS home was change out the trigger to the old style. There were no fitting issues what so ever...