• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

USMC 82A1 Desert Storm

Re: USMC 82A1 Desert Storm

That same rifle was for sale here a very short time ago until the thread got pulled (I think).

I tried to find it in a search, but its gone the way of the dodo for some reason.

Jesus, are those back up Iron sights? Understandably, they're probably useful in an anti-material role, but damn...BUIS's on a M82.

Anthony Swofford in his book talked about shooting these when they first came over. Aparently the first scopes they put on only gave them 1,600yds of range they were pist they wanted those last 400. Still cool

Never saw the other thread. I did a search and couldn't find anything before I posted. My interest was more on the scope than the rifle. Although, the rifle was of interest as well. The price is irrelevant for the discussion. It's an interesting piece of history.

We were getting Unertls well into the 90's. At least new to us in the fleet anyhow. I have no idea about the actual production and procurement.

As for the BUIS, never tired those while in the Corps as we never removed the scopes, but did later on. They're actually not too bad.

I remember this because he stated it was used in Desert Storm, but the certificate says it was purchased for use by the Marine Corps in operation Desert Storm, i ask about that but never got an answer.

Armydog, the history of these original 100 Barrett rifles ordered by the Corp is pretty well documented in Chandlers books. The rifles were ordered and delivered within 90 days for use in Desert Storm, whether or not this rifle in particular was used there is anyones guess.

That is the same rifle that was pulled here last week. I am not sure what the violation was. Someone said it was to big of a sale, without being a sponser. I do not know. I do not remember his post count either, so that could be it. Don't think so though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Armydog, the history of these original 100 Barrett rifles ordered by the Corp is pretty well documented in Chandlers books. The rifles were ordered and delivered within 90 days for use in Desert Storm, whether or not this rifle in particular was used there is anyones guess. </div></div>

Right that is my point, when you look at the certificate it stated it was "ordered for use in" not "used in".
Not a big deal it just kinda bugs me when companies make something sound different that it is. Just gotta read the fine print. SORRY my PTSD acting up, i'll shut up now.

I want one of these bad after seeing it in action on Top Shot

There was one of those on GB for a loooong time. Being offered up by a dealer in Oh. JWSTUMPY, I think. It was one that was returned to Barrett (traded or sent for refurb) and then sold by Barret with paperwork that it had deployed. Apparently, there are a few around with this kind of paperwork.

Asking on it was in the 10K range. I talked to the seller a couple of times, but he was firm and the 'premium' didn't seem worth it.

Assume it's sold by now. Suspect that at 27K, this will be unsold for even longer.

Cheers,

Sirhr