• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ***USO MST-100's, LAST RUN!!!***

Re: ***USO MST-100's, LAST RUN!!!***

Nothing has changed, we are building the parts for these now, should start assembling them in Nov.

Get you deposits in now, they are selling quickly!
John III

I cant believe I have missed this thread for this long...... Guess I better call.....

Have sort of a dumb question. So, Maybe one of you guys can help me out. I see we can order Custom Serial numbers if they are not already taken. For those of you that are doing this, are you matching the last 4 of the reciever like the rest of the parts, or the stock if you have all matching parts? On the originals this wasn't done right? The scope serial I am guessing never matched the rifle. Are you matching the scope serial for collector value (and I am not suggesting you wont use it) or more for the novelty? As you can see, I was not a Marine. But, I love the rifle and respect the history behind it. I plan to use the hell out of it. I just want to make sure I understand why I might ask for a customized serial before placing an order and regretting it later for not going one way or the other!

Thanks in advance!

The original ones had the matched numbers to the receiver and the stock, bottom metal, trigger guard. I'm getting mine matched to the receiver and will have George restamp the rest for a match. This would be correct as the stocks and metals were switched every now and then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
One UP grade , I would like , and I think it would be Possible , is , say from 400 or 500 , have a detent/click for the 50yds split , so you could say dial , 750 yds for instance .
NO extra marks or numbers need be ou ton it to up set any pureists .

Later Chris </div></div>

it has the ability to adjust for ranges other thaan the set 100yd intervals that is what the secondary nob on top is for.

eek.gif

I have a bro with one of these on a SPEC build GAP M40a3. Unusual design, but these are superb quality scopes.

I'm holding out for an S&B, but I still secretly want one of these.

--Fargo007

I am waiting on mine as well. I emailed USO a few weeks back just to try and manage some other money issues just in case these were close to being finished, the reply from Jeff was that it would be at least one month if not two. I still owe a small balance and I think I can wait just a bit longer, I have wanted one for only about 20 years so a few more weeks won't make much difference.

I got to get one of these myself

This may be the only gun related part that my wife has actually said to get and she understands why I want to pick it up. After a round and round, I'm going to be able to use this for military matches at my local club.
John, thanks for working with me...
Chad

I just got home from my smiths shop. We stamped all the numbers and such, and went over all the final parts of the project. He is finnishing it this week. The rifle looked badass sittin in the return stock, even though the metal was unfinnished. Soon enough......

I don’t know how I missed this thread but my order is good to go, yes they have the mounts, sun shade and ARD. Very cordial people to deal with.

My error, when I receiver my order confirmation they informed me mounts were no longer available from USO.

Spoke with Jeff today and asked about the mounts.. He said they are not making any more...
cry.gif
I guess if we come in numbers...They might think about it... I'm sure quite a few of us need this mount to go with the scope. My scope is paid in full but it's useless without the mount...It just would'nt be right !

"Spoke with Jeff today"

When you spoke to him, did he give an estimate as to delivery time on the scopes? Just curious. My rifle was completed in may and I haven't shot it yet for waiting on the scope. It's like an alcoholic just being able to look at whiskey and not able to drink. Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmbrzmn101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Spoke with Jeff today"

When you spoke to him, did he give an estimate as to delivery time on the scopes? Just curious. My rifle was completed in may and I haven't shot it yet for waiting on the scope. It's like an alcoholic just being able to look at whiskey and not able to drink. Chris </div></div>

Becky told me when I ordered I am halfway down the list and it might not be until June. Jeff said maybe spring time...

Thanks, I was near the top. So still have quite a bit of time I guess. Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRAShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must resist. </div></div>

Good luck....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRAShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must resist. </div></div>

Don't do it, There won't be anymore made according to how Jeff spoke about this run. SO you have been warned. Prices for those scopes out there will continue to increase. JMHO, Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmbrzmn101</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRAShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must resist. </div></div>

Don't do it, There won't be anymore made according to how Jeff spoke about this run. SO you have been warned. Prices for those scopes out there will continue to increase. JMHO, Chris </div></div>

The title of the thread says.." LAST RUN" .. I would think that means no more will ever be made...

I missed out on the last run they did a couple of years ago, not this time though! I think these are not a big money maker for USO regardless of the nearly $3K price, these just take more time and attention than the other scopes in the catalog so therefore it is economically a tough piece to produce. Unertl is gone and unless something unforseen happens it will stay that way, the scopes that are still in USMC inventory (if they still are?) are not likely to be sold to the public, so there is only the option of finding an owner willing to sell or USO for a little while longer. I hope to have the scope by the time GAP has the rifle done, maybe May or June but it takes what time it takes.

i ordered mine 2 days ago and i think they only have about 15 left from a 100 starting order. good luck guys
dave

drove down to uso today and put a deposit down on my MST-100
spoke with jeff ( nice guy ) walked me around and showed my the shop and production line, it was a treat for me, nice group of people, working hard to put out a super quality product. i can't wait to get my scope, probably will buy a ST-10 also
thats a lot of scope for the money .
thanks jeff, Dave

Well....Did you see any MST-100 being built??? or did they have one as a sample to show? Just curious as I live about 70 miles from USO and I was thinking about making the trip to go get mine when it is done. However that is 70 miles through the worst traffic in the state, easily a 3.5 hour trip just for the drive time.

There is a MST 100 for sale on snipercentral if anyone does not want to wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully they will do another run of bases when the scopes are ready.

Otherwise I am going to be shopping around. A pic rail just dosent look right on an M40A1. </div></div>
Looks like they will do a run of 40 units if they get enough orders onboard http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=936895&gonew=1#UNREAD

I got original Unertl mounts posted in the for sale forum for those that might want one... and I got enough to go around...
grin.gif

wilshire 1412 guess we won't get the mounts unless guys are interested.The build we are all doing needs the mounts to be correct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beretta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wilshire 1412 guess we won't get the mounts unless guys are interested.The build we are all doing needs the mounts to be correct. </div></div>
I got lucky I guess, I ordered the scope with the mount at the beginning of July. Give it a little more time as there must be some here that placed orders after the leftover mounts from the last run dried up.

Updates ,Updates... we need updates ! How many are in the 1st batch ?
laugh.gif

Was told to ask in about a month if nothing was heard. Figure about the beginning of April would be a good time.
Chad