• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes USO SN4 1.5-6x quality - bad. Twice in a row.

vtb

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
Evil Empire. Moscow.
Hello sh.

Been NF guy I always wanted something better for my gun.
After trying various scopes (S&B, Premier as heavy-long-range and swarowski z6i and Trijicon tr24 as close-range) I decided to buy smthng not-so-heavy but robust, with FFP and good turrets in 1-8 range.

Saw video review of sn4 on barret done by lowlight, asked couple of questions here and desided to buy 1.5-6 from USO.

Asked USO a question about ordering the scope and been forwarded to local Russian dealer.

Bought a scope. S/n 11-1018.
It has a dust on reticle plane...

Went to dealer (it's located in another city - 700 km from me) while he was in my town - guys replaced the scope without any hesitation...
Of course I've checked the issue with dust - there is none this time...

New serial is 11-1019

But... It's a hair at reticle plane at the bottom of vertical stadia line (I checked lenses - they are clear)

Well. Price of this scope at Russia is $2500
With mil/LE/sport discount - $2000

I can live with this hair on the reticle (just trying not to think from which part of body it came from) until the dealer guy will give an answer about modus operandi in this second case.

But... Guys at USO - Twice in a row - you've got some serious QC flaws for the scopes that cost so much.

Cheers.

Re: USO SN4 1.5-6x quality - bad. Twice in a row.

This is not new. I had a hair on an SN-3, and I have dust on my ST10. I don't want to bag on a good company here on the hide, but their attention to the cleanliness of their lenses is poor in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your problem and disappointment. Been reading threads like this about USO's for years. Very nice people over there at USO and they actually contacted me personally about a problem I had with a USO 3.2-17 I used to own after I mentioned it in a post about scope clarity here on the hide. They took care of the problem as best they could I suppose but it wasn't no Hensoldt that's for sure.

I don't know if they use a clean room to assemble their scopes or not but the occurrence of dust and debris seems to be one of the main complaints about them.

I predict a phone book pounding comment in the near future.

Same here. Brand new USO SN-3 1.8-10x scope and just a tiny bit of dust on the reticle: disappointment !

But I can live with that IF the scope works properly and is as rugged as they say. Well, let's hope.

I also expect a phone book pounding comment any time soon ...

You guys know that USO will clean that sh*t out of there for free?

I own four of their scope (wow, is it that many now?!?) and one of them had dust. I bought one used and it had some dust inside. I called USO and they shipped the scope out to them. I got it back from them 2 weeks later, and not only was the dust cleaned out, they also checked over everything in the inside and rebuilt the turrets, etc.

Just give them a call and I bet a few weeks from now you will be totally good to go!

Not a big USO fan either - way overated in my opinion!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys know that USO will clean that sh*t out of there for free?

... I got it back from them 2 weeks later, and not only was the dust cleaned out, they also checked over everything in the inside and rebuilt the turrets, etc.

Just give them a call and I bet a few weeks from now you will be totally good to go!</div></div>

That's crap! The whole point is that it shouldn't have dust and hairs inside the scope to begin with. I've now owned 6 USO scopes (two currently) and half of them have had noticeable fuzz and one had what looked like a big pubic hair across the reticle in the first focal so it would get giant as the magnification increased.

I've NEVER had that issue with ANY other scope manufacturer no matter the dollar amount. When you pay that much for a quality scope, you should not have to send it back and ask the company to fix what they shouldn't have screwed up in the first place.

I say this as an avid USO fan, but this one thing pisses me off to no end!

Be cautious about the pictures you show here, there are 117 other pictures that everybody can see and that nobody should see, with Photobucket... ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys know that USO will clean that sh*t out of there for free?

I own four of their scope (wow, is it that many now?!?) and one of them had dust. I bought one used and it had some dust inside. I called USO and they shipped the scope out to them. I got it back from them 2 weeks later, and not only was the dust cleaned out, they also checked over everything in the inside and rebuilt the turrets, etc.

Just give them a call and I bet a few weeks from now you will be totally good to go! </div></div>

James,

I know that USO will clean my scope if I send it back to them but I prefer to give it a good "work out" before, just to see if I will get some more dust or if the scope will be functioning properly (tracking, etc). By the way, this is my first USO scope, so I will give it a chance to perform.

Hope I am not hijacking the thread - sorry vtb !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FranckB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be cautious about the pictures you show here, there are 117 other pictures that everybody can see and that nobody should see, with Photobucket... ;-) </div></div>

These are my favorites;

9bd3162a.jpg

70cf7dad.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vtb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello sh.

Been NF guy I always wanted something better for my gun.
After trying various scopes (S&B, Premier as heavy-long-range and swarowski z6i and Trijicon tr24 as close-range) I decided to buy smthng not-so-heavy but robust, with FFP and good turrets in 1-8 range.

Saw video review of sn4 on barret done by lowlight, asked couple of questions here and desided to buy 1.5-6 from USO.

Asked USO a question about ordering the scope and been forwarded to local Russian dealer.

Bought a scope. S/n 11-1018.
It has a dust on reticle plane...

Went to dealer (it's located in another city - 700 km from me) while he was in my town - guys replaced the scope without any hesitation...
Of course I've checked the issue with dust - there is none this time...

New serial is 11-1019

But... It's a hair at reticle plane at the bottom of vertical stadia line (I checked lenses - they are clear)

Well. Price of this scope at Russia is $2500
With mil/LE/sport discount - $2000

I can live with this hair on the reticle (just trying not to think from which part of body it came from) until the dealer guy will give an answer about modus operandi in this second case.

But... Guys at USO - Twice in a row - you've got some serious QC flaws for the scopes that cost so much.

Cheers.
</div></div>

Hi there I had a Hair in a brand new Zeiss Victory 2.5-10x50, and another 6-24x56 Victory that had to go back to germany for ablack fleck on the inside of the lense......also had a schmidt bender mag ring lock up and a blemish on the inside lense of a 12-42 NXS. Saw another mates SB precision hunter with dust/paint on the inside of lense as well (he gave it a bang on a phone book and all was good if I recall correctly). It think it can happen to all and any brands expensive or cheap.

I wil lsay I think NXS has the best QC. and for the price versus features and reliability they neally are the "best mouse trap" IMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FranckB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be cautious about the pictures you show here, there are 117 other pictures that everybody can see and that nobody should see, with Photobucket... ;-) </div></div>

These are my favorites;

9bd3162a.jpg

70cf7dad.png

</div></div>
Outstanding work. I didn't have time to go through every photo, thanks for the highlights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a big USO fan either - way overated in my opinion!!!! </div></div>

Thats what I thought until I bought one and now I have two!!!
Had some issues with Night Force tried to contact NF numerous times with no luck. Found a deal on here for a US Optics and called USO with some questions. They bent over backwards for me.

2frankB - thanks
2glock24 - glad you've liked it. Shitty apartment is for sale - you can buy it for $300K in that exact condition. good chance to move to Moscow if you ever wished to do that.
2jamesBailey - I'm on the other side of globe.

Dealer responded with:"shoot it, if it (hair) won't go - we'll replace it"

Beating it against a phonebook may also prove to be fruitful for dislodging debris.

vtb,

I am very sorry about the dust issue you've run into with the two U.S. Optics scopes you received. Although you are on the other side of the globe, there are a few ways we can remedy your problem. I remember you contacting our company and I recommended you contact our Russian distributor. I will send you an e-mail and see which option would work best for you.

A NF on a shotgun, now that's gangsta!