• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Va Gun Confiscation Looming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently here's the info to the tyrant who introduced this bill.

District 35?

I guess that's where they sent the freaks and illegal aliens after they shut down District 9.
I predict that's what VA is going to turn into. aliens living in a lawless slum, eating catfood.

my read on senate bill 16 linked above is semi handguns/pistols are legal unless they have one of the scary features (threaded barrel, front grip, magwell not in the grip, etc). so a true handgun (glock 17, 1911, etc) appears legal while something like an ar15 pistol is not.

Reactions: Jlknights61
Update on closer reading:

It appears the bill is specifically targeting MSRs and pistols.

The ownership of “traditional” semi-auto handguns would be permitted with mags of 10 rounds or less.

It appears currently owned magazines of 10+ rounds would be grandfathered, but the transfer, sale, or import would be banned. So no more will enter the state via legal means.

This bill is still VERY prohibitive and a serious threat to our liberty.

It provides no “grandfather” or compensation to owners of banned firearms.

Anyone who thinks this is going nowhere is mistaken. This is not a bluff. They are determined to push this through. The logic behind some of it stems from the Virginia Beach shooter used 2 45’s and a suppressor. All legally bought. So he passed two State Police background checks and a FBI background check for his suppressor. So now the logic is one person used it in a crime, let’s make them all illegal.

If people don’t flood their phones every single day and flood their offices every single day, this is going to fly through. Their offices and daily functions need to be brought to a crawl until they listen. If they can’t make an outgoing call to order lunch because their phone lines are full, every single day, they will get the message that we have power as well.

When it’s debated, there needs to be 10’s of thousands of people, not 10’s of people.

While we are at it, let’s understand who got us here. There were no opposition candidates on 40% of the races. In my own county, there was 1 person listed for 1 race. Kind of hard to defeat them when you don’t have any candidates on the ballet.

Please follow this and come from as far away as possible. Stand with us today and we will stand with you tomorrow.

We are foolish to ever dream that this will ever stop without us taking a real stand.
We better get ready for the mess coming our way as Virginians, they will not be content until they legislate all of our gun rights away!
10rd to 7rds, then no one needs a gun, it will happen if we give up or get lazy.

Anyone who thinks this is going nowhere is mistaken. This is not a bluff. They are determined to push this through. The logic behind some of it stems from the Virginia Beach shooter used 2 45’s and a suppressor. All legally bought. So he passed two State Police background checks and a FBI background check for his suppressor. So now the logic is one person used it in a crime, let’s make them all illegal.

If people don’t flood their phones every single day and flood their offices every single day, this is going to fly through. Their offices and daily functions need to be brought to a crawl until they listen. If they can’t make an outgoing call to order lunch because their phone lines are full, every single day, they will get the message that we have power as well.

When it’s debated, there needs to be 10’s of thousands of people, not 10’s of people.

While we are at it, let’s understand who got us here. There were no opposition candidates on 40% of the races. In my own county, there was 1 person listed for 1 race. Kind of hard to defeat them when you don’t have any candidates on the ballet.

Please follow this and come from as far away as possible. Stand with us today and we will stand with you tomorrow.
We stand strong as Virginians brother!

Update on closer reading:

It appears the bill is specifically targeting MSRs and pistols.

The ownership of “traditional” semi-auto handguns would be permitted with mags of 10 rounds or less.

It appears currently owned magazines of 10+ rounds would be grandfathered, but the transfer, sale, or import would be banned. So no more will enter the state via legal means.

This bill is still VERY prohibitive and a serious threat to our liberty.

It provides no “grandfather” or compensation to owners of banned firearms.
It doesn’t matter what it says, it’s an infringement of 1000 cuts to erasing the 2A. Stand up now or lay your arms down and walk away. It’s only going to get worse!

Aren’t most 45’s only 8-10 rounders anyways, like the same Guns the shooter used would be acceptable under this bill? Clearly the bill has nothing to do with curbing gun crime. Lmao.

Reactions: Vamike9
It doesn’t matter what it says, it’s an infringement of 1000 cuts to erasing the 2A. Stand up now or lay your arms down and walk away. It’s only going to get worse!

Aren’t most 45’s only 8-10 rounders anyways, like the same Guns the shooter used would be acceptable under this bill? Clearly the bill has nothing to do with curbing gun crime. Lmao.

On your first statement I totally agree we should not and cannot let them proceed with this legislation unopposed. Many Virginians right now are organizing and actively pursuing all legal means of opposition.

To your second, I believe multiple .45 Glock handguns were used so more than 8-10 rounders. But do believe any gun law does very little/nothing to prevent the actions of criminals. Look at recent events in California.

What a bunch of capitulating cowardly FUDDS

They pass this law, I'm moving. If this passes, I'm looking for property out of state.
COWARDS. Who gives a fuck if you or the cops have wives or kids? You think for a minute that stopped your forefathers in teh face of a war against a larger enemy? NO. It did no. You do not deserve your second amendment, give it up, turn your shit in and be a subject becuase if you move, you prove my point. You are a coward who will not stand up for what he believes in, but instead, RUN.

Going to be interesting what those counties will do once the state police or alphabet agencies start upholding the law if it gets passed. I'm betting not a single thing.

In case anyone doubts where this bill was written, understand that the Virginia State Police just switched the rank and file service weapons from Sig P229’s to Sig P320’s. In doing so, they offered them the opportunity to purchase their P229 retired service weapons. My source says more than 900 officers took that offer. If this law passes as written, all 900+ State Police who bought their P229’s will become felons unless they sell them out of state or turn them in to be destroyed.

Would anyone plugged into Virginia Law Enforcement write a bill that made their Troopers felons? I seriously doubt that. This has out of state fingerprints all over it. I seriously hope that 10’s of thousands turn out to protest rather that 50 people.

Ahh, they are special animals on the farm. They get an exemption from the laws. Laws are for the common folk.
In case anyone doubts where this bill was written, understand that the Virginia State Police just switched the rank and file service weapons from Sig P229’s to Sig P320’s. In doing so, they offered them the opportunity to purchase their P229 retired service weapons. My source says more than 900 officers took that offer. If this law passes as written, all 900+ State Police who bought their P229’s will become felons unless they sell them out of state or turn them in to be destroyed.

Would anyone plugged into Virginia Law Enforcement write a bill that made their Troopers felons? I seriously doubt that. This has out of state fingerprints all over it. I seriously hope that 10’s of thousands turn out to protest rather that 50 people.

The bill specifically states that it will not apply to current or former LEOs. For this exact reason.

They do not want LEOs against them. They want them against the citizenry.

The bill specifically states that it will not apply to current or former LEOs. For this exact reason.

They do not want LEOs against them. They want them against the citizenry.

Where did you see that? What I thought I read was that it only applies to LEO’s in the service of their duties. I have shown it to several LEO’s and they said they saw no such exemption.

Reactions: olive drab
B. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) the manufacture by, transfer to, or possession by the Commonwealth or a department, agency, or political subdivision of the Commonwealth; (ii) the transfer to or possession by a law-enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement; or (iii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law-enforcement agency and who is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition transferred to the individual by the law-enforcement agency upon his retirement of such firearm magazines.

That says “for the purpose of Law Enforcement”. I’m pretty sure the LEO’s aren’t carrying their retired guns to work, or an AR they have for personal use.

Where did you see that? What I thought I read was that it only applies to LEO’s in the service of their duties. I have shown it to several LEO’s and they said they saw no such exemption.

The exemption only relates to the ban of magazines, but would cover your example of service pistols. LEOs under this bill do appear to be subject to the ban of privately owned “assault firearms”

§ 18.2-308.9
“B. The provisions of this section shall not apply to... (ii) the transfer to or possession by a law-enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement; or (iii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law-enforcement agency and who is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition transferred to the individual by the law-enforcement agency upon his retirement of such firearm magazines.

I admit though, I thought I recalled this provision applying to the ban on “assault firearms” as well and that was incorrect.

Last edited:
What a bunch of capitulating cowardly FUDDS

They pass this law, I'm moving. If this passes, I'm looking for property out of state.
COWARDS. Who gives a fuck if you or the cops have wives or kids? You think for a minute that stopped your forefathers in teh face of a war against a larger enemy? NO. It did no. You do not deserve your second amendment, give it up, turn your shit in and be a subject becuase if you move, you prove my point. You are a coward who will not stand up for what he believes in, but instead, RUN.

Do you live there? If not, are you going to go there and help the fight that you want everyone else to start? Always tough guys online but never anything to back it up. Buy more ammo isn't helping either ?

Not exactly an easy thing dropping out of the sky onto soil you've never been before and hold expectations of aiding in this type of issue. We out of staters will help all we can. Some within driving distance and contacts could do more I'm sure to help motivate and rally. No one can fight this for you, you need to start the movement to allow room for others to follow in your wake. We're eager and willing, but it's awe full hard to help when you don't know what help you need.

Fight Virginia

Dammit fight!

Reactions: wbm
Not exactly an easy thing dropping out of the sky onto soil you've never been before and hold expectations of aiding in this type of issue. We out of staters will help all we can. Some within driving distance and contacts could do more I'm sure to help motivate and rally. No one can fight this for you, you need to start the movement to allow room for others to follow in your wake. We're eager and willing, but it's awe full hard to help when you don't know what help you need.

Fight Virginia

Dammit fight!

You think most of these people have any more of a clue about other parts of the state than you do ?‍♂️ this is the shit that's comical, fucking excuses already coming up lol. What's next, I'm not sure how I'm going to carry all these ar's and ammo that Jerry told me to buy???

Isn't that kind of how our wars in other countries work?

Last edited:

Fight Virginia

Dammit fight!

Oh, we're fighting! I think there is a lot people from a distance can do. Phone calls help. It jams their phone lines up and they spend all day, every day taking calls from people objecting to it. They didn't seem to mind taking out of state money to start this, so I suppose they shouldn't mind out of state calls to stop it.

My concern is in the people I'm talking to who are gun owners. When I show them the bill or tell them what's about to happen, most of them say the same thing, "Oh, that's never going to happen, that bill is just the starting point, a place to start negotiating, it'll end up okay". When I ask who they are negotiating with, since they control the entire legistlature and the Gov's Mansion? The response I get is "Well, there are democrats in rural areas who would never vote for that".

You cannot assume that's going to happen. One thing the d's are excellent at is sticking together. Assuming 2-3 of their own will defect and basing your resistance to the bill on that is a sure way to be a Felon on July 1, 2020 when the laws are enacted.

One thing these people do understand. Volume. Speak up, and bring friends. If 100 people show up when the bill is being discussed, it'll be a blip on the news where the protesters (us) are shown and can't even fill up the steps to get in the building. That will be dismissed as a "few angry gun owners". When 1000's or 10's of thousands show up, it'll stop it dead and give us power. The worst thing anyone can do is sit aside and think someone else will work this out. Not this time.

I think about all the people I've seen over the years in gun shops, at gun shows, and at shooting ranges who are couples, who come in looking to buy their first gun for home defense. They normally mention "Glock" and they normally leave with a pistol. All those people, and it has to be a lot of them, with Glock's or Smith & Wesson's sitting in their nightstands, will all be FELONS July 1, 2020 if this bill passes in it's current form.

Now is our time to stand up and fight. The left has no problem busing people in from many states away for protests and we need the same mentality. We need bus after bus after bus showing up. You can't use the excuse "Well, I want to go but I have to work that day". That's unacceptable at this point. This needs to be treated as seriously as it really is. This is not a joke and there's no one that's going to do it for you this time.

Join us. Please.

Oh, we're fighting! I think there is a lot people from a distance can do. Phone calls help. It jams their phone lines up and they spend all day, every day taking calls from people objecting to it. They didn't seem to mind taking out of state money to start this, so I suppose they shouldn't mind out of state calls to stop it. When is the bill going to be discussed? Where precisely for those that are not normally political followers and so on. Yes, you guys need help. I’m just not sure what us out of state people can do other than if you have a rally, we help show up.

My concern is in the people I'm talking to who are gun owners. When I show them the bill or tell them what's about to happen, most of them say the same thing, "Oh, that's never going to happen, that bill is just the starting point, a place to start negotiating, it'll end up okay". When I ask who they are negotiating with, since they control the entire legistlature and the Gov's Mansion? The response I get is "Well, there are democrats in rural areas who would never vote for that".

You cannot assume that's going to happen. One thing the d's are excellent at is sticking together. Assuming 2-3 of their own will defect and basing your resistance to the bill on that is a sure way to be a Felon on July 1, 2020 when the laws are enacted.

One thing these people do understand. Volume. Speak up, and bring friends. If 100 people show up when the bill is being discussed, it'll be a blip on the news where the protesters (us) are shown and can't even fill up the steps to get in the building. That will be dismissed as a "few angry gun owners". When 1000's or 10's of thousands show up, it'll stop it dead and give us power. The worst thing anyone can do is sit aside and think someone else will work this out. Not this time.

I think about all the people I've seen over the years in gun shops, at gun shows, and at shooting ranges who are couples, who come in looking to buy their first gun for home defense. They normally mention "Glock" and they normally leave with a pistol. All those people, and it has to be a lot of them, with Glock's or Smith & Wesson's sitting in their nightstands, will all be FELONS July 1, 2020 if this bill passes in it's current form.

Now is our time to stand up and fight. The left has no problem busing people in from many states away for protests and we need the same mentality. We need bus after bus after bus showing up. You can't use the excuse "Well, I want to go but I have to work that day". That's unacceptable at this point. This needs to be treated as seriously as it really is. This is not a joke and there's no one that's going to do it for you this time.

Join us. Please.

People thought the AWB of 94 would never happen to. I’d remind them of that. People are stupid if they think this couldn’t pass. Start sending out details to have people show up in large numbers..

According to VCDL, 4 Va counties have passed 2nd Amendment sanctuary resolutions, with more on the way.

There is an example resolution there as well.

According to VCDL, 4 Va counties have passed 2nd Amendment sanctuary resolutions, with more on the way.

What does that mean exactly? Will the county sheriffs show up and help defend gun owners when other agencies are tasked with coming through and confiscating arms? Looks great on paper but what about in practicality?

What does that mean exactly? Will the county sheriffs show up and help defend gun owners when other agencies are tasked with coming through and confiscating arms? Looks great on paper but what about in practicality?

Yes. No. Maybe. Who knows?

Part of the value as I see it in 2nd Amendment sanctuary resolutions is it is a declaration by an 'official' entity larger than Billy Joe Bob that a line in the sand has been drawn, and that infringements on the Peoples 2nd Amendment rights will not go unchallenged. What 'unchallenged' means is up to each county, in each situation, to decide.

What if this map for Virginia was a map of 2nd sanctuaries? What kind of message would that send to the Dems in control?

hod.PNG

Reactions: SilentStalkr

Part of the value as I see it in 2nd Amendment sanctuary resolutions is it is a declaration by an 'official' entity larger than Billy Joe Bob that a line in the sand has been drawn, and that infringements on the Peoples 2nd Amendment rights will not go unchallenged. What 'unchallenged' means is up to each county, in each situation, to decide.

What if this map for Virginia was a map of 2nd sanctuaries? What kind of message would that send to the Dems in control?

View attachment 7186652

Looks like Virginia would be successful in eradicating that blue cancer, I don't think good ole blackface has the balls to pick up a rifle and stand a post even less carrying the fight into the countryside against American Patriots.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation….
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness… it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Penned by Thomas Jefferson a Virginia Native, Do Not let his legacy go down without a fight Virginians .

"No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms," which is from Jefferson's draft of the Virginia Constitution.

You think most of these people have any more of a clue about other parts of the state than you do ?‍♂️ this is the shit that's comical, fucking excuses already coming up lol. What's next, I'm not sure how I'm going to carry all these ar's and ammo that Jerry told me to buy???

Isn't that kind of how our wars in other countries work?

What are you talking about? If it's your home state, yea you tend to be just a little more familiar with the surroundings and the going-on's. I'm just telling you, your not going to get people like me to drive 1500 miles to protest when there is no organization on the part of the locals. If the people of Virginia can't rally their bases to do more than some emails, what do you expect from people on the other side of the nation?

We're all happy to call and email I'm sure, but pull your head out, most people don't have the thousand bucks to flush down the toilet to pay for driving, lodging and meals to come stand in empty streets and protest something the locals won't. I'm not saying the fight isn't worth it, and I surely hope Virginians can muster enough of their own base to show everyone else they wouldn't be wasting their efforts to come.

Maybe I've missed it, but Virginian's, start an Official "Local Gun Gathering" thread or whole website where you can centralize info about protests, meetings and the like. Streamline this stuff so it can get out to the masses. Call upon your gun clubs and ranges to start weekly meetings, have all the clubs get together for a bi-weekly meeting, Get organized, because no one from 1500 miles away can do that for you. Then and only then will you show you care enough for people to go great distances to fight far from their homes.

What are you talking about? If it's your home state, yea you tend to be just a little more familiar with the surroundings and the going-on's. I'm just telling you, your not going to get people like me to drive 1500 miles to protest when there is no organization on the part of the locals. If the people of Virginia can't rally their bases to do more than some emails, what do you expect from people on the other side of the nation?

We're all happy to call and email I'm sure, but pull your head out, most people don't have the thousand bucks to flush down the toilet to pay for driving, lodging and meals to come stand in empty streets and protest something the locals won't. I'm not saying the fight isn't worth it, and I surely hope Virginians can muster enough of their own base to show everyone else they wouldn't be wasting their efforts to come.

Maybe I've missed it, but Virginian's, start an Official "Local Gun Gathering" thread or whole website where you can centralize info about protests, meetings and the like. Streamline this stuff so it can get out to the masses. Call upon your gun clubs and ranges to start weekly meetings, have all the clubs get together for a bi-weekly meeting, Get organized, because no one from 1500 miles away can do that for you. Then and only then will you show you care enough for people to go great distances to fight far from their homes.

"Not exactly an easy thing dropping out of the sky onto soil you've never been before and hold expectations of aiding in this type of issue."

In the context of the post I originally replied to, you mean to tell me that you meant protest ???

Screenshot_20191120-103036_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 7186652

I agree with all, but I don’t think the Dems give a shit despite the message, otherwise they’d be working with us and at least reasoning.

"Not exactly an easy thing dropping out of the sky onto soil you've never been before and hold expectations of aiding in this type of issue."

In the context of the post I originally replied to, you mean to tell me that you meant protest ???

View attachment 7186740

If my post was specifically directed at someone elses outside of the general post topic I would have quoted it. I was in fact referring to protesting, but the same principal applies to protesting as it does the window wars, or any other act of aggression.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Update:

I know many have discussed the idea of 2A sanctuary counties and I understand that they are primarily symbolic of the public sentiment. However, I thought I would share the current state of these efforts in VA.

As of today those counties shaded in red have adopted 2A sanctuary resolutions And those in yellow have these resolution on the agenda for the next scheduled BOS meeting.

5AD0744C-3CD4-46BA-9E6B-755498E2131F.jpeg

It's really amazing for me to watch this all happen. In the course of 96 hours, in my opinion, the actions taken by people just like you and me have been nothing short of amazing. In less than 1 week, we've seen all those counties vote to support us. In less than 1 week, we've now got an organized public meeting.

January 20, 2020, Virginia State Capital. I have nothing to do with any of this, other than being a supporter of all the things listed above. I've emailed my newly elected representative and asked for a meeting and argued my case. Wherever this ends up, I won't be standing at the end wishing I would have done something. I will know that I did all I could do.

IMG_6298.JPG

I’ll be there. Are the women there DTF?

If anyone wants to carpool I can fit 3 more in my vehicle. No lumbersexuals or men who wear skinny jeans allowed. Single women get front of the line for seats.

I’ll be driving up the east coast through South Carolina and North Carolina

It's really amazing for me to watch this all happen. In the course of 96 hours, in my opinion, the actions taken by people just like you and me have been nothing short of amazing. In less than 1 week, we've seen all those counties vote to support us. In less than 1 week, we've now got an organized public meeting.

January 20, 2020, Virginia State Capital. I have nothing to do with any of this, other than being a supporter of all the things listed above. I've emailed my newly elected representative and asked for a meeting and argued my case. Wherever this ends up, I won't be standing at the end wishing I would have done something. I will know that I did all I could do.

View attachment 7186985
Keep us posted on any updates. I need to put a few miles on my truck.

Most recent (last 20 hours) map of current 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Counties in Virginia. The ones in red have approved the resolutions. The ones in orange are pending conference and town hall results.

77034242_3268758869807341_6937130253357678592_o_jpg-1167528-1024x498.jpg

Doing great so far. Let's keep the fire going folks! Turn those orange zones red and the white zones orange. Let the Democrat enclaves be surrounded and make sure they are quite aware of the fact too. Congratulations to Appomattox County, the latest to approve 2A Sanctuary status.

MSM coverage of viral 2A Sanctuary movement. Virginians have had enough and they are showing it.

Thomas Conrad makes opening statements in conference to secure Appomattox as a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary County.

5dd3614992368.image.jpg

Appomattox residents show their support outside the town hall meeting room.

5dd36149ec308.image.jpg

And another round of applause for Pittsylvania, who solidified their 2A Sanctuary status just hours prior.

5dd4add882bdb.image.jpg

UPDATE AS OF NOV. 28, 2019:

23 counties and independent towns/cities SO FAR. 80% of the state is currently waiting on Sanctuary votes and hearings.

KUDOS to all Virginia citizens whose efforts got the state restored to it's current condition but there is still a lot more work to be done.

UPDATE NOV. 30, 2019

New Kent County is IN DA BUILDING...

UPDATE DEC. 4, 2019

Eleven more counties ratified their 2A Sanctuary status.

From Virginia Citizens' Defense League:

Alleghany County
Amherst County
Culpeper County
City of Norton
Gloucester County
Goochland County
King George County
Middlesex County
Orange County
Page County
Roanoke County

See Post 51 for link and more details.

UPDATE DEC. 4, 2019 - PM

Augusta County joins the ranks.

UPDATE DEC. 5, 2019

Two more ratifications on Wednesday.

UPDATE DEC. 10, 2019

Thirteen more locations have approved Sanctuary status, bringing the total count to 59.

From VCDL:

----------
Tonight, the following 13 localities became sanctuaries:
  • Bedford County
  • Bristol
  • Buckingham County
  • Town of Crewe
  • City of Franklin
  • Galax
  • Town of Grottoes
  • King and Queen County
  • Mecklenburg County
  • Poquoson
  • Rockbridge
  • Rocky Mount
  • Shenandoah County

So Virginia now has 59 sanctuary localities, with another large group of localities going to have their hearings on Tuesday!
----------

UPDATE DEC. 11, 2019

Tsunami Tuesday II: The Sequel...

Another large group of locations have ratified 2A Sanctuary status on Tuesday. The total number of 2A Sanctuaries in Virginia now stands at 77.

2A Sanctuary Roundup: Here are the current locations which have ratified Sanctuary measures since November 6, 2019...

• Alleghany
  • Amherst
  • Appomattox
  • Augusta
  • Bath
  • Bedford
  • Big Stone Gap
  • Bland
  • Bluefield
  • Botetourt
  • Bristol
  • Buchanan