• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vectronix Terrapin = Not Suck

The King

Back to the Range
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    20121019_182908.jpg

It ranged every single thing I went after that was less than 4km. The light was failing so I couldn't get a good post 4km hit.

Re: Vectronix Terrapin = Not Suck

Got my first Vectronix (Terrapin) this year and it is AMAZING!!!

...worth every penny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Copper91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want one bad... </div></div>

worth every penny !
    grin.gif

Everyone keeps talking about these bad boys, might have to think about upgrading from my Leica 1600.

I was able to play with one at ASC. It seemed like a religious experience seeing 3700 some odd yards on the display at a barn on the other side if the valley.

small things like my mortgage get in the way of investments like this!! someday though

Took it out yesterday - ran a google map trace on the one item it wouldn't range.

So I got hits on a barn to 3.2km. The next item I could have hit was 6.7km away and it didn't do it in full daylight.

Ranging bad things (dry grass, trees, rocks) out past 2km was easy as could be.

Essentially - take everything you hate about the rangefinder you have (man that thing can't be more than 1km away) and replace it with complete satisfaction within your engagement range (2km for most ELR) and continual amazement at the things it will range past that.

Glad to read your post. I ordered one last Thursday. Looking forward to it.

Looking to range 12" steel targets out to 1,000 is the main thing for me. Can the Terripin do this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking to range 12" steel targets out to 1,000 is the main thing for me. Can the Terripin do this? </div></div>

Yes.
    No problem.
    I ranged a 20" plate at 1750 yards.

Damn, thank you very much. That's what I was looking for. Two grand well spent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Took it out yesterday - ran a google map trace on the one item it wouldn't range.

So I got hits on a barn to 3.2km. The next item I could have hit was 6.7km away and it didn't do it in full daylight.

Ranging bad things (dry grass, trees, rocks) out past 2km was easy as could be.

Essentially - take everything you hate about the rangefinder you have (man that thing can't be more than 1km away) and replace it with complete satisfaction within your engagement range (2km for most ELR) and continual amazement at the things it will range past that. </div></div>

That is a very positive review!

My Leica 1200 is a decent unit, but leaves a lot to be desired. I've gotten the chance to play with some Vectronix equipment for a short time, and kinda felt it could use a little more magnification. My Leica is 7X, and I've found that to be a really good compromise.

Your thoughts on this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That is a very positive review!

My Leica 1200 is a decent unit, but leaves a lot to be desired. I've gotten the chance to play with some Vectronix equipment for a short time, and kinda felt it could use a little more magnification. My Leica is 7X, and I've found that to be a really good compromise.

Your thoughts on this? </div></div>

I thought the 5x on the Terrapin would be a handicap too, but the glass quality and the small aiming circle more than make up for it.

How has your Terrapins worked in light snowfall or rain? My old Leica CRF1600 worked in pretty much any condition
    but the Terrapin doesn´t show ranges past 50m in case it´s snowing. When there´s no downpour whatsoever it works as advertised.

How has your Terrapins worked in light snowfall or rain? My old Leica CRF1600 worked in pretty much any condition
    but the Terrapin doesn´t show ranges past 50m in case it´s snowing. When there´s no downpour whatsoever it works as advertised.

Rain from what I've see hasn't changed anything for me. I had it range well over 1k yards in pretty heavy rain; wasn't trying for max distance, just happened to get the unit a day where it was raining.

Can't tell you about snow....yet.