• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vibram five finger shoes

Re: Vibram five finger shoes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Vaq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These shoes are awesome. I can't wait to buy a pair. What would be a good pair for jogging and cross training? Any suggestions would be appreciated. </div></div>
Sorry for the double post, but I love my original KSO's. They have held up to running on pavement for 8 months, weightlifting, and some light hiking. And, if I'm not mistaken, one of the cheaper pairs and the one with the largest size range.

I use mine for general lifting and working out. Squats, deadlifts and such. I feel my calves a lot more in these than my other shoes. I would definately buy these again.

I would love a pair but I haven't found them to fit my size 14 EE feet.. I have the New Balance Minimus Trail. I love them...

As far as squatting goes I don't wear shoes usually. I have blown out to many pairs. The only shoes I have worn that hold up to my 290lb frame, and my 600lb+ squats are my Sperry Originals..

The vibram 5 fingers are my favorite shoes, for something a little less noticeable try the new Merrell Barefoot shoe, they work pretty close to the same without the strange looks in public. Plus you can wear socks to keep the foot odor down. Another tip for the five fingers in to use Antibacterial hand cleaner on your feet before you put on the shoes to help them slide on easier and cut down on some of the foot funk ;-)

I have a grey/black with urban camo on the bottom.
Like others have said, take it easy first month with them. They will teach you to walk toes forward and stop the heel strike.

My favorite shoes are VFF's. I have had a pair since June or so and really like the improvement in balance and contact with the ground, reminds me of the intense balance development in my martial arts training. Muscles develop that increase balance and strengthen your lower legs. I don't care for them in late fall wet weather.