• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Victorian Queens Prize Australia

Wild_Bill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2007
Victoria Australia
Hi all had the practice day today shooting in F Class Open. I have 5 days of shooting 3 ranges each day for the first 4 days and 2 on the 5th.
have seccond and third placings but realy want to win this one.

thanks to Lawton Machine finaly have a world class rifle shooting a 6mm Dasher for 3,5,600yards and my 7mmBSM based on the 270WSM case using 3 grove Lawton Barrel
68gr Retumbo and 189gr Carturio's.

I have to also thank Norma for sponsorship of cases.

Our targets are scored to a 1/2moa 10 ring no x I have scored many 100's but it will be a chalange to shoot one this week as the weather has been hard to read but should sourt the men from the boys I hope im not a boy at the end.

Will let you all know how I go.

Re: Victorian Queens Prize Australia

Hi all just an update now I have coolde down abit. finished now after 80 scoring shots 800 possibel points the real top 4 shooters were all on 753 out off 800 with the 10 ring measuring 1/2moa but one of my competitors scoring missed one of my 10's on the last range I had 13 fired cuses under my rifle in my shooting mat 3 for sighters then he stated I only fired 9 scoring shots he could not have missed one.

Absoloute neglegent scoring who knows how it happened or weather just chatting and accidently missed the shot but then not even considering they missed a shot. I had to fire another protest shot a 7 so they ended up making me take the 7 meaning I was 3 points below the other 3 so from that monumental stuff up from exuil first to shoot off for first to fourth. the guy who missed the shot was also coincidently one of the top 3 making me not be able to shoot for the top place.

anyway realy pissed off.

Hi all just an update now I have coolde down abit. finished now after 80 scoring shots 800 possibel points the real top 4 shooters were all on 753 out off 800 with the 10 ring measuring 1/2moa but one of my competitors scoring missed one of my 10's on the last range I had 13 fired cuses under my rifle in my shooting mat 3 for sighters then he stated I only fired 9 scoring shots he could not have missed one.

Absoloute neglegent scoring who knows how it happened or weather just chatting and accidently missed the shot but then not even considering they missed a shot. I had to fire another protest shot a 7 so they ended up making me take the 7 meaning I was 3 points below the other 3 so from that monumental stuff up from exuil first to shoot off for first to fourth. the guy who missed the shot was also coincidently one of the top 3 making me not be able to shoot for the top place.

anyway realy pissed off.

also came near the top in the lead up testing things and for the 5 days 3rd overall but should have had a chance on the Queens.

Sounds like you shot well but had Murphy (as in Murphy's Law) for a spotter!! Kind of surprised that at a match of that magnitude that the # of rounds fired could be open to question.... Their allowing you to shoot a protest shot shows that they believed that there was room for a scoring error too.

Congrats on finishing as well as you did! 1/2 moa for 80 shots @ 800 is a pretty tough COF!!