• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vietnam Veteran Story Writing Service

jmb1911

Dipshiticus
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2008
NE, AZ
I know this is a strange question/request, but it is an important one to me and my family.

I have an uncle who retired a Colonel in the US Army in the early 90s. He served as a forward observer in Vietnam and has an absolutely incredible story to tell (of which I have only heard parts of).

As we all know, our WWII vets are leaving us en mass, and very soon, our Vietnam vets will be gone. After over 40 years, my uncle is finally opening up.

I am a decent writer, but don't have the time or the skills to do justice to his story.

What I am looking for is an organization, person, whatever, that specializes in this sort of endeavor. I'm pretty sure my uncle will not want his story published. It would be more for posterity, so that might make it easier or tougher.

I know this is a very niche and specialized question, but I thought the Hide's brain trust might provide some leads.

Thanks all...

Re: Vietnam Veteran Story Writing Service

This is great.

I'm a Red Raider to boot.

Thank you.

I could do it but time is essential, if you have notes or audio and a few months I'd happily do it.

Right now before the Holidays time is near zero.

I love hearing about the Vietnam War, stories from Veterans (Chatted with a former Huey pilot at Safeway the other night), and I love to write.

So, JMB, what are you asking?
Do you want someone to take his notes, etc, and put them to words?

I am wondering if there are any organizations who specialize in this sort of thing.

I think I've found one, but I thought I'd pose the question to the SH braintrust.

I'll keep you in mind ArticLight.

I'll add you as a buddy.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love hearing about the Vietnam War, stories from Veterans (Chatted with a former Huey pilot at Safeway the other night), and I love to write.</div></div>

Why don't you gather some stories and put them in a book. I'll send you mine, (I can't write), and probably get my brother to add his.

There are a bunch of use, someone needs to put it down on paper.

Some stories need to be told without adding names to certain parts or stories.