• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper

greyghost01

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2014
Any thoughts on the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50, Does anyone have this scope in BDC or mil dot and how do you like it, I know its not a 1500- 3000 dollar scope and one of those would be better but at the time this is in my price range, Thanks

I had the Mil-Dot Version. The glass on it was pretty clear for the price. It gets the Job done. I had it Mounted on my Remington 700 .308 with LaRue 0 MOA base and ADM recon SW 20MOA Mount.

I recently switched to the Vortex PST 6-24X50 FFP MRAD as I needed something more precise for Long range shooting.

If you can squeeze a few more hundred out you can get the same scope I got from Sportoptics.com for $790 Shipped to your door. I had to call them to get the Sniperhide discount or you can tell them you have a discount code called: quick5 and you can get 5% off. you will have to call them as the code does not work on their site.

They are the cheapest I have found for this scope.

Here is the link:
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 Illuminated - EBR-1 Mrad Reticle - Milradian Turrets - 30mm Tube PST-624F1-M

My sons and I have several of these and they are good scopes. We have the standard crosshairs and they work fine for our purposes. These scopes are good quality and I recommend them to others for this price point.

They're a tough scope to beat for the price, but if you want one with matching MIL reticle/turrets, you need to step-up to the Viper HS-T series for a couple hundred more.