• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I bought the full rifle with the Greyboe stock and feel like it's a good deal as a whole rifle when you break the parts down. The stock was a pleasant surprise. I hadn't heard a whole lot about the renegade stock, but it's every bit as solid as some of the bigger names out there. I was even thinking about throwing one of my Bighorns in there for some coyote calling. It also comes with bottom metal that is pretty decent as well. I have tried mine in several different stocks (Rock Solid, AICS 2.0, KRG X-Ray, Manners MCS) just to see how it would work. They all worked just fine. I've never been happier with a gun purchase than this one. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Awesome to hear. I was looking at the complete as a good deal, plus less headache.

I'll be watching this thread. Going to try and time the build around my anticipated arrival home. Did that with a Larue and it bit me in ass, lead times tripled on me and still had to wait almost a year. I'll be calling up there in the next month if all goes well.

I drank the Koolaid.... mmm and it so good hahaha

HkiIqsG.jpg
Dang if that ain't one of the sweetest 22LR's I've seen! I had a JAE700 once and sold it, wish I would have kept it now. This new Vudoo V-22 has my interest for sure! Was going to focus on a new large frame AR build, but this would be much cheaper to shoot!

Tuner on Vudoo

I had Vudoo send 3 barreled actions to Eley for ammo lot testing. Once completed, I had one re-tested with a tuner installed. Results were modestly improved once additional weight was added. Dan from Killough Shooting Sports (Eley test facility) said that short, heavy barrels with heavy shank diameter are not generally as responsive to tuning.

I wanted to try it and glad I did. I would not recommend it as cost effective but a fun experiment and now I know.

Tuner on Vudoo

I had Vudoo send 3 barreled actions to Eley for ammo lot testing. Once completed, I had one re-tested with a tuner installed. Results were modestly improved once additional weight was added. Dan from Killough Shooting Sports (Eley test facility) said that short, heavy barrels with heavy shank diameter are not generally as responsive to tuning.

I wanted to try it and glad I did. I would not recommend it as cost effective but a fun experiment and now I know.

Hey, that's good info! Thanks!

I received my barreled action on Tuesday. I had a Manners T4a sitting in wait. I finally got it put together yesterday and hit the range today with my shooting buddy. I ran several ammo's through it and found the SK rifle match was the best. I love this setup. I ran almost 100 rounds through it with not one problem. Thanks Paul and Cole I appreciate the quality of the rifle as well as all your help. 5 rounds at 50 Meters.

gN1seVB.jpg

wEwMAea.jpg

I received my barreled action on Tuesday. I had a Manners T4a sitting in wait. I finally got it put together yesterday and hit the range today with my shooting buddy. I ran several ammo's through it and found the SK rifle match was the best. I love this setup. I ran almost 100 rounds through it with not one problem. Thanks Paul and Cole I appreciate the quality of the rifle as well as all your help. 5 rounds at 50 Meters.

gN1seVB.jpg

wEwMAea.jpg
What brand and model scope is that on your rifle?
Thanks. John

What the heck kind of reach you got?!? I run LRA bipods and there's no way I'd be able to reach the lock-knob if a had them as far out as you've got your's (on that red rifle).

So many awesome combo's of Vudoo's Its amazing everyone is doing so many cool things.

So many awesome combo's of Vudoo's Its amazing everyone is doing so many cool things.

I have a new build coming together in a Manners PRS1; Tom is now inletting specifically for the V-22 with the short ejection port. This is for those of you that have no plans of swapping multiple barreled actions in and out of one stock.

MB

So sexy I hope our new stocks come like this!!!

The V22 in a PRS1 is my ultimate goal, but for now the Greyboe will do... So how are the lefties looking?

The V22 in a PRS1 is my ultimate goal, but for now the Greyboe will do... So how are the lefties looking?

I'm looking forward to the Vudoo Rimfire Series East (Granby) this Spring, using the PRS1 build. Lefties are being built now and will be shipping this month.

MB

I took
20180212_170729.jpg
my Vudoo out today for a 100 yard test. This group was shot using SK Rifle match ammo. I am quite pleased.

Last edited:
I’m really interested in this rifle. I’m not into the various centerfire competitions, so the compatibility aspect is not a factor for me. I would be very happy with a version utilizing the box magazine without the surround to make it duplicate centerfire magazines. Are there any plans for a version like that?

RocketJ, if you’re asking if it might have the ability to feed from a smaller magazine that could be within a BDL system, I too would be interested to know. It would make for some cleaner lines for those of us who don’t need/want an AICS pattern detachable.

RocketJ, if you’re asking if it might have the ability to feed from a smaller magazine that could be within a BDL system, I too would be interested to know. It would make for some cleaner lines for those of us who don’t need/want an AICS pattern detachable.

I'm of the same mind set, especially when shooting from the standing position. Holding the rifle along the flat base is critical to stability and a flush mag would be perfect. Besides, 5 rounds is usually what I prefer anyway. I'll be getting one of these, donning a Cadex Field Tactical stock!

Reactions: GTOBOSS
My point is, the reason I bought the Vudoo is because that mag is sticking out there. I've got lots of other .22's like what you are describing. A poll would be interesting as to why people bought a Vudoo. Most people on the hide shoot ,or are interested in PRS type shooting. I'm would guess 70 percent bought it as a PRS trainer. Others are guys who love accurate .22s and want another flavor. The Vudoo is getting very little traction on Accurateshooter so I think my numbers might be close. The breakthrough of the Vudoo is replicating a Rem 700 footprint. Many people who have posted about theirs put it in the same stock as their centerfire ( i did). I asked for the heaviest, longest barrel they had to replicate the weight of my centerfire. Would 16 in. be easier to shoot unsupported, absolutely. Sorry for being a jerk with the Ruger comment, but don't mess with perfection.

There are lots of reasons to buy a Vudoo, the mag sticking out is quite low on my list. There are many times I've used my 5 round, flush mag. I don't see your point that a flush mag is not equal to a PRS setup. I too plan on sticking it inside the same chassis as my match rig, but what's that got do to with anything. Some guys, like me, don't like a folding stock for their match rifles, some do. So does that make one or the other wrong? No. Neither does the flexibility of having a flush mag at times.

Maybe I can see both sides of this coin - I had jelrod1 convert both of my CMP 40Xs to repeaters using Mike Bush's magazines, and then gave in to temptation & bought a V22 action to barrel & put into a Manners T4A stock. Not too hard to see what I was aiming for there.

But when I saw an exquisite sporter built on an original factory 40X sporter action on RFC, it made my juices flow, just thinking about having something like that rifle, but using a V22 action with a flush 5rd mag.

Can we not have our cake & eat it too? Maybe not in this case, unless Mike, Paul, & the rest of the crew could come up with a smaller mag that would be held solidly in the mag well so it could still present rounds to be fed as smoothly as the current AICS-form 10rd mags do. I have no suggestions, as it's hard for me to imagine how to go about it.

I have seen photos of that 40x sporter too. Don’t know what it would cost to make a similar one using the Vudoo action, assuming a suitable clip, but it would be money well spent and would fulfill my lifelong dream of a perfect .22 sporter.

Wow! Doesn't that really screw with possible barricade or other support options?

The long extended full length rails is not for sitting at the range behind the gun and allowing you to tighten the cant while you shoot F-class or paper. It is allows you to quickly choose the any position with the bipod for small platforms like a barrel or ultra stable. Usually it is going to be adjusted super quickly as you move from position to position. Pic rails just can't offer the speed and infinite positions. They also let the bipod become a barricade stop either in front or behind because of the infinite positions.

I've been running standard 300 and 250 MM dovetails. Area 419's look interesting. I recently received a super slim 10" MLoc bolt on, from Henderson Precision. Todd mentioned that they might be shipping a Keymod shortly. My hope is that the Keymod will be 10" to fit perfectly on the AX.
https://www.hendersonprecision.com/?lightbox=dataItem-jddjqrka4
I only using that set up for stationary long range target..thats a heavy 300 norma..no ones use that cal for PRS to begin with..
That silver jae is set up for prs and waiting for the new atlas bipod with arca adaptor

Reactions: Diver160651
Anyone know if the action with the Vudoo scope rail will fit in a Cadex Lite Competiton chassis? Just wondering if there is space to not interfere with the forend of the chassis.

Anyone know if the action with the Vudoo scope rail will fit in a Cadex Lite Competiton chassis? Just wondering if there is space to not interfere with the forend of the chassis.

I sent prints to Cadex a few months ago, the Lite Competition will work without issue.

MB

Sweet, sweet, sweet .22, am doing OT at work to try and save up and get one.

More importantly you showed the whole target. Very nice.

I usually have no prob calling out anyone who says a 22 rimfire can avg 5 - consecuative 5shot groups under an inch @100 yds. This rifle might make me eat my words. Try it outside, let us know how she does.

Getting harder and harder not to order one. lol.

Nice,
DT

I usually have no prob calling out anyone who says a 22 rimfire can avg 5 - consecuative 5shot groups under an inch @100 yds. This rifle might make me eat my words. Try it outside, let us know how she does.

Nice,
DT

A repeater like this is very impressive. I'm quite excited to see that kind of performance.

That said, a true single shot bolt gun? That is absolutely possible/expected! I can show you my custom Falcon action married to a Shilen hand lapped octagon barrel if you are ever in Colorado and want to see it for yourself :p

There are a lot of Vudoo V-22's being shipped into the wild, but this one is mine....

DEFTI_1.jpg

DEFTI_2.jpg

VGW V-22 Action
17.5" Lothar Walther
Timney CE Adjstable
Custom JAE700 "DEFTI" Chassis

MB

MB, what scope are you running in this setup? Also what MOA rise on the SPHUR and pic-rail? Trying to decide if I go 30MOA on the pick rail and use rings, or some combination of SPHUR + pic-rail to get something between 25-40MOA rise.

Not to take anything away from the excellent shooting by SoCal by any means, but sub MOA 5 X 5 @ 100 yards with a quality 22 lr is expected IMO. I have owned a number of rifles (all repeaters) that were capable of 3/4 MOA or better for a 25-30 round (5X5 or 6X5) at 100 yards. Not saying I can do that in the wind every time, but a 22 lr repeater is more than capable.

Funny thing is that all falls to shit not too far past 100 yards...

Nice,
DT

MB, what scope are you running in this setup? Also what MOA rise on the SPHUR and pic-rail? Trying to decide if I go 30MOA on the pick rail and use rings, or some combination of SPHUR + pic-rail to get something between 25-40MOA rise.

That's a NF NXS 3-15. The rail is 20 MOA with a 0 MOA Spuhr SP-3001. I've shot just under 500 with that setup, used all the mechanical elevation and holdover in the reticle. Another 10 to 15 MOA between the rail and mount would have been nice.

MB

Reactions: JohnJohn
... that were capable of 3/4 MOA or better for a 25-30 round (5X5 or 6X5) at 100 yards. Not saying I can do that in the wind every time, but a 22 lr repeater is more than capable.

Funny thing is that all falls to shit not too far past 100 yards...

Capable no doubt.
Doable, as you well know, is entirely another world.
I have a 40x that consistently has 3 rnds touching at 100... ammo or wind or me always ruins a good thing.
I also don't shoot indoors. That is ANOTHER wildcard.
We've both shot tooooo much rimfire to know yes capable, but putting the rubber on the road with these finicky boogers...

Well with this ammo and rifles people are building, it is getting easier and easier. Like I said, Im gonna eat it sooner then later.

Remember the tac50 yrd target? In like 4+ years I think 4-6 people cleaned it? and that's at 50 yards. It took me 2 years of trying it nearly every weekend to finally clean it. Still one of my favorite targets. Havnt cleaned it since.

A repeater like this is very impressive. I'm quite excited to see that kind of performance.

That said, a true single shot bolt gun? That is absolutely possible/expected! I can show you my custom Falcon action married to a Shilen hand lapped octagon barrel if you are ever in Colorado and want to see it for yourself :p

I am in CO! ha. Come down to the Pueblo rimfire match. I also would love to see 5x5 outside with no mechanical rests. But BR rifles are crazy accurate...do those count? lol

Great now Im gonna have to try again. haha. Time to break out the good ammo. DO we need to start a 5x5@100 thread? lol....Ill get out this weekend with a couple capable rifles.

Good times,
DT

Capable no doubt.
Doable, as you well know, is entirely another world.
I have a 40x that consistently has 3 rnds touching at 100... ammo or wind or me always ruins a good thing.
I also don't shoot indoors. That is ANOTHER wildcard.
We've both shot tooooo much rimfire to know yes capable, but putting the rubber on the road with these finicky boogers...

Well with this ammo and rifles people are building, it is getting easier and easier. Like I said, Im gonna eat it sooner then later.

Remember the tac50 yrd target? In like 4+ years I think 4-6 people cleaned it? and that's at 50 yards. It took me 2 years of trying it nearly every weekend to finally clean it. Still one of my favorite targets. Havnt cleaned it since.

Good times,
DT

So very true, we are definitely the limiting factors these days.

I am looking forward to seeing these V-22's showing up on the 6X5 thread, hopefully that thread will get the activity it had a few years ago. I think having such a quality repeater available now is really going to force us all to step up our game! I cant wait until the weather warms up and the snow melts, hopefully my build will be complete by then (should have gone with a V-22 but the ball was already rolling before they were released).

Jesse,
Some days I feel like I've gone down a rabbit hole looking for a 22 repeater that'll shoot good enough to satisfy my desire, other days it's all good, and I couldn't be happier. 99.9% of the difference is how well I'm able to shoot on any given day. Since building that first Stiller 2500XR, I've had one heckuva lot of fun building & shooting three more rifles - both my old CMP 40Xs that jelrod1 converted to repeaters, and more recently, one built on a V22 action purchased from VGW. So now I've got a whopping five whole 22RF bbls to my credit - three Kriegers, a 3-groove Benchmark, and a Lilja titebore. Pretty sure I learned something doing each one, and know for sure that I've made some mistakes along the way. The desire is there to keep building 22RF rifles, but unless/until I hit a lottery jackpot I'm probably about done. Not done shooting 22s - just done spending $$$ to build them for myself.

I'm still shooting the 40Xs regularly, but that V22 is one slick rifle, and it's getting a little more than its share of attention right now. Just finished bedding it into its Elite T4A stock a few days ago, and have been waiting for a day with decent conditions so I could try to find out whether the bedding job netted any improvement or not. Wind's been howling, along with several days now when it hasn't gotten out of the 20s for highs. But today, after I got home from a hospital board meeting, there was a light breeze out of the NE, and I couldn't resist the temptation to run down to the range in the pasture to do some shooting at 200 with the V22 - even though it was only 28*F. Was able to run four mags of SK Pistol Match, Rifle Match, Lapua Center-X, & Lapua Polar Biathlon though the rifle before I got cold enough to give it up. What an addiction...lol I'm thinking maybe I ought to follow the lead of the friend who introduced me to the Polar Biathlon - he calls it "bipolar", and today, it lived up to that name. I'd bought a few bricks of one lot of the stuff, and was very disappointed with its accuracy while shooting when temps were mid-40s to an exceptional Feb day when it reached 72*F. But today, in the cold, it shot as good as - if not better than - anything else I've ever shot at 200yds. Will have to try it again on a day with warmer temps to see if today was a fluke....always an excuse to go out & shoot again, isn't there?

I have had similar experiences with both Eley Biathlon and Lapua Polar. I really cant get them to shoot at all in warm weather but when the temp drops they do pretty good. I should play around with them some more in the cold paying special attention to how they react with mixing the lube in the bore between them and the "regular temp" ammo. I think it is in the lube and also think it may be best to actually clean before shooting the biathlon or polar and season your bore again with just that ammo (I normally just shoot 15-20 rounds to season when switching between Lapua or Eley. But yeah definitely fun!

I have had similar experiences with both Eley Biathlon and Lapua Polar. I really cant get them to shoot at all in warm weather but when the temp drops they do pretty good. I should play around with them some more in the cold paying special attention to how they react with mixing the lube in the bore between them and the "regular temp" ammo. I think it is in the lube and also think it may be best to actually clean before shooting the biathlon or polar and season your bore again with just that ammo (I normally just shoot 15-20 rounds to season when switching between Lapua or Eley. But yeah definitely fun!

It might have as much to do with which lot# shoots best in your rifle, I mean of those two ammo's designed for cold temps.

When I had PB tested in my rifle(3-4 lots) at the Lapua test facility, in warm temps/AZ, only one lot# of that ammo shot "really" well. CX and most other ammo's offered shot well but weren't as accurate. The only ammo that shot as well as that one lot# of PB was one lot# of Xact, with a few other lot#'s of Xact almost as tight, but that's the Co's top of the line ammo.

The Biathlon ammo's are designed for cold temps and that can certainly help in winter. I shoot my PB year around and when I miss it's me not the rifle or ammo.

Reactions: dwt
The only reason I was interested in the Polar Biathlon in the first place was because a friend has been shooting a certain lot# of it in his Anschutz biathlon rifle in our PR 22 matches with very good results. He gave boxes of this lot to myself & another friend since we'd both had 40X repeater conversions done, and in all three of my rifles, it shot better than anything else I've tried at 200yds, in warm or cold temps. I had several nice days with temps in the 60s & even up into the lower 70s after I bought the two lots from Grafs to test, and this was the only time it's shot worth a hoot in any of the three rifles. I don't think of shooting in subfreezing temps as fun, so not sure what I'll do with the rest of the PB that I bought.

The only reason I was interested in the Polar Biathlon in the first place was because a friend has been shooting a certain lot# of it in his Anschutz biathlon rifle in our PR 22 matches with very good results. He gave boxes of this lot to myself & another friend since we'd both had 40X repeater conversions done, and in all three of my rifles, it shot better than anything else I've tried at 200yds, in warm or cold temps. I had several nice days with temps in the 60s & even up into the lower 70s after I bought the two lots from Grafs to test, and this was the only time it's shot worth a hoot in any of the three rifles. I don't think of shooting in subfreezing temps as fun, so not sure what I'll do with the rest of the PB that I bought.

There's always next winter, oh boy, right?!

Burrrrr, you won't find me out in the colder weather practicing! Well unless it's that cold during a NRL22, thankfully it's already almost March.

Off the bipod and triad bag, while checking zero last month, I shot a so-so group which miffed me. The next one I tried to really follow through the best I could and the group was small. Sometimes I forget that 22's aren't as forgiving as centerfires.

New member, Hi. Wanted to poll the membership here. I placed a deposit on a barreled action. At present I have requested the MTU profile barrel but am torn between that and the kukri profile. Wanted to hear everyones thoughts on which they went with and why / how they like it

Brian