• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I ordered Kukri. While I am putting in a heavy chasis, i don’t want it exactly like my match gun. I don’t really think that is were a 100% of the value is. But that’s just me.

There are still a bunch of off hand shots and I wanted to focus on solely fundamentals- I think the heavier weight takes out some of the fun in the 22NRL style matches and actually can mask some of what I want to focus on.

I am currently running a MKii so these are only my thoughts on my voodoo order that I am waiting for.

Was out today testing some loads to narrow down my choice for this coming up .22 match season. Just did 50 yard testing today for some chrono numbers and accuracy. Shot Norma Match, SK Rifle match, Lapua Center X and Eley Match. Norma match was slow at 1035 average and an SD of 16 and accuracy wasn't that great so it was dropped from contention.

Eley Match had excellent accuracy and very good speed and SD at 1070fps and SD of 8. Here is 10 shots I shot as fast as I could work the bolt. First shot after a couple of pulls through the bore with a bore snake, what I did between each different ammo, was at 11 o'clock. I shot 5 with the chrono on after these but not for group as i just hit my steel swingers. Just wanted numbers.
1OqQ3ce.jpg

SK Rifle Match shot very good too. 1068fps and SD of 7. Here are 10 shots also shot as fast as I could work the bolt. The 7 o'clock was the second shot. Not sure why it went out there.
cjrFn0B.jpg

Lapua Center X shot great too like Eley Match. Again Very good numbers with a velocity of 1072 and an SD of 4. Here is a 10 shot group again with first shot at 12 o'clock and a 5 shot group I shot with the chrono on it. After shooting the others just at the steel I wanted to see how the rifle shot with the chrono on. Appears the Magnetospeed doesn't effect the Vudoo LOL
i1ydaa8.jpg

XDeuVgm.jpg

Heading out after the rain stops on Friday or Saturday to test them at 100 and 200 yards. That will be the determining factor.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Excellent shooting. Looking forward to your results.

I’m living vicariously though posts like this while I wait. Already have the chassis and scope, just need the barreled action ;)

I ordered Kukri. While I am putting in a heavy chasis, i don’t want it exactly like my match gun. I don’t really think that is were a 100% of the value is. But that’s just me.

There are still a bunch of off hand shots and I wanted to focus on solely fundamentals- I think the heavier weight takes out some of the fun in the 22NRL style matches and actually can mask some of what I want to focus on.

I am currently running a MKii so these are only my thoughts on my voodoo order that I am waiting for.
Thanks,
I am kind of leaning towards the kukri as it should be lighter (waiting to hear how much lighter) especially with having only a 22 bore an MTU profile is probably unnecessary.

New member, Hi. Wanted to poll the membership here. I placed a deposit on a barreled action. At present I have requested the MTU profile barrel but am torn between that and the kukri profile. Wanted to hear everyones thoughts on which they went with and why / how they like it

Brian
I got both the mtu is dang heavy even with light bravo chassis. Go with kukri

Yup get the Kurki contour. Plenty heavy enough for the .22.

Was out today testing some loads to narrow down my choice for this coming up .22 match season. Just did 50 yard testing today for some chrono numbers and accuracy. Shot Norma Match, SK Rifle match, Lapua Center X and Eley Match. Norma match was slow at 1035 average and an SD of 16 and accuracy wasn't that great so it was dropped from contention.

i1ydaa8.jpg

How did the SK stack up?

But mostly - you know when someone has been around the block and uses a CLEAR scale instead of the coin trick to prove they didn't hide the pulled shots.. But dang, photocopying the coin is a entirely higher gear!

2? and one in an JA chasis? Whew, nice

That's the SK in the second pic. Did decent at 50 yards. I am going to try it farther.

The coin targets are one of those targets that can be found on the net and printed off. I wouldn't go so far as to copy them all lol

The top one is the kukri and the bottom one is the MTU? Looks quite heavy i've requested a switch to the kukri profile.

Reactions: bjay
Any of you guys with Sphur mounts and 56mm objective lenses look at the Sphur rings instead of the unimount. Just wondering if the 1” high rings would work and have less intrusion of the breech? And look a little cleaner too.

Any of you guys with Sphur mounts and 56mm objective lenses look at the Sphur rings instead of the unimount. Just wondering if the 1” high rings would work and have less intrusion of the breech? And look a little cleaner too.

1" should work. Mine is the 1.18" Spuhr and it's a 50mm. There's no intrusion and as far as looks I don't really care that much.

mcvyIlm.jpg

Reactions: sideburn
I am planning on getting the Kurkri also. It winds up between the medium and heavy Palma.

Just got a call from Jill at VGW. My Ravage is shipping out today! Got a CAL bipod and an AMG waiting for it. :)

Reactions: bjay
Hadn't shot my V-22 at 50yds since bedding it, so did some of that yesterday. Was a little breezy, with some stronger gusts occasionally coming through, but not too bad. Shot 10rd strings of both SK Rifle Match & Pistol Match on reduced silhouette target. Pig on left was with action screws torqued 40/35 in/lbs; loosened them, then tightened to 50/45 in/lbs, then shot pig on right w/RM. Turkey was shot with SK Pistol Match. DSC_1185.JPGDSC_1184.JPG

I'm looking forward to mine showing up, Manners T4A on the way for it. Just need to the the Burris sold and get the AMG ordered up.

Forgot to say that my stock is a Manners Elite Tactical T4A. I'd glued pillars in, but hadn't done any bedding work prior to doing a full bedding job with Marine Tex. Had shot it at 200yds, and thought there was slight improvement over how it shot before bedding. After seeing this improvement at 50, I've got the hots to get down to the pasture range to see how it does at 200, maybe stretch it out to 300. We've had winds from the SSW at 15-25mph all day, and the forecast is for 3-4 more days of the same. Hopefully, I'll get some decent conditions for 200-300yds before the 1st 22RF PR match of the season next Sunday.

As dry as it is, I'm just praying no one tosses a butt out the window while driving through and starts another of the wildfires like we had this time last year...

New member, Hi. Wanted to poll the membership here. I placed a deposit on a barreled action. At present I have requested the MTU profile barrel but am torn between that and the kukri profile. Wanted to hear everyones thoughts on which they went with and why / how they like it

Brian
I ordered a Ravage with the Kukri profile and Grayboe stock. The MTU is really for chassis only.

Paul called me on Friday to let me know that my Ravage with Kukri barrel and adj. cheek piece Grayboe stock shipped Friday.
Jill sent me the Tracking numbers also.
I ordered on 12/19 in case others are expecting theirs. Expected delivery Wednesday.

Congrats your wait will be well worth it.

Well went out today and shot the Center X, Eley match and SK Rifle match at 100 and 230 on steel. First the steel. The Center X shot a 5 shot group about 3". The SK was about 5" and the Eley Match was about 4". No pics as I didn't go out and take any.

At 100 here are the first groups shot. I pulled the bore snake through twice between each type of ammo. 5 shot groups except for the SK which was 10. I shot 5 on the larger 3" target and then 5 on the smaller 2". I have no idea what happened at the second Eley target. There was wind but no more than the other groups. It just opened and I fired 5 at it but only see 4. Kind of odd.

Center X at 100.
PZxCaFu.jpg

KmvcgKO.jpg

Eley Match
H8Bu8R9.jpg

XBIgHfD.jpg

SK Rifle Match
c4sQEeQ.jpg

After shooting those I shot 10 each on a single target at 100. It was a 2" shoot n cee. Center X sent the first shot high but all the others grouped well.
Ubn61Mn.jpg

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Hey all, cole from Vudoo... I started calling customers today and placing orders for lefties. We did get a bunch made up and they will be ready to ship soon.. They are built to order so call us and let us know if you want one! The lefties will also start cheaper on a build list to give you lefties a little love!
435-359-2890

Reactions: missed
Well went out today and shot the Center X, Eley match and SK Rifle match at 100 and 230 on steel. First the steel. The Center X shot a 5 shot group about 3". The SK was about 5" and the Eley Match was about 4". No pics as I didn't go out and take any.

At 100 here are the first groups shot. I pulled the bore snake through twice between each type of ammo. 5 shot groups except for the SK which was 10. I shot 5 on the larger 3" target and then 5 on the smaller 2". I have no idea what happened at the second Eley target. There was wind but no more than the other groups. It just opened and I fired 5 at it but only see 4. Kind of odd.

Center X at 100.
PZxCaFu.jpg

KmvcgKO.jpg

Eley Match
H8Bu8R9.jpg

XBIgHfD.jpg

SK Rifle Match
c4sQEeQ.jpg

After shooting those I shot 10 each on a single target at 100. It was a 2" shoot n cee. Center X sent the first shot high but all the others grouped well.
Ubn61Mn.jpg

When it’s all said and done, the groups are nice, with the differences In ammo are pretty small for positional shooting.

Are you thinking SK and saving a little bit of money or are you thinking $15 a box ammo?

When it’s all said and done, the groups are nice, with the differences In ammo are pretty small for positional shooting.

Are you thinking SK and saving a little bit of money or are you thinking $15 a box ammo?

Was curious about this myself. I think Center-X is a bit less than $15 but I could be wrong.

That said, are there any good places that track lot numbers so you can order a bunch of that lot? For Eley Dan Killough is a good source but for Lapua I wonder.

For my money, probably at least 90% of the time, I get groups as good as or better than what Center-X gives with either SK Rifle or Pistol Match, at a savings of $4/box. Sometimes while shooting at 200+yds, Center-X & Polar Biathlon will out-shoot either of the SK grades by just enough to justify shooting the more expensive ammo. But if our match director were to suddenly decide to limit ammo cost to $8/box, I'd just keep shooting the SK ammo and not sweat it.

I actually placed an order for 500 Center X at $10.90 a box and also ordered some SK Rifle Plus as I was told it shot as good as match but less money. It was only like $4.60 a box so we will see.

In positional or heavy winds the small differences will probably not be seen but I wanted to run some good ammo for first match of the year so if I screw up I know it's me.

I actually placed an order for 500 Center X at $10.90 a box and also ordered some SK Rifle Plus as I was told it shot as good as match but less money. It was only like $4.60 a box so we will see.

In positional or heavy winds the small differences will probably not be seen but I wanted to run some good ammo for first match of the year so if I screw up I know it's me.

Ya, same logic here.. I bought a bunch of the SK Match at $7.50 but only found the center x around 15.. but just found it for 109/500 + shipping etc.

Last edited:
Ya, same logic here.. I bought a bunch of the SK Match at $7.50 but only found the center x around 15.. but just found it for 109/500 + shipping etc.

Ammunition Store is where I got it for the $109. There was one other place that had it for $103 but didn't have the SK I wanted.

Rob, nothing wrong with 3" for 5 rounds at 230! It takes some real good conditions to beat that.

Champion's Choice is always my go to for Lapua ammo. I have been dealing with them since the early 90's great people and good prices. They are VERY knowledgeable about all things rimfire.

I usually get all my Eley from KSS because I like Dan and want to support his company.

Reactions: bkcorwin
Finally picked it up this evening and stuck an optic and bipod on. Ordered a can for it but it will be a long wait. LOL Will play with it some tomorrow.

pNd8EF0.jpg

Nice. Like the 2-tone look and stock choice. Is that an AMG?

Does anyone happen to know the approximate weight of a vudoo barreled action with an 18" kukri?

How big is the group? what distance? what ammo? Please?

50 Yards, the center red circle is 1/2” and it was Eley Tenex. This group, was actually shots 5 through 10 from this rifle after getting a zero (which took the first 5 rounds!).

Had about an hour and it was a nice sunny day for a change so went out on my back deck to get the scope adjusted and do a bit of target shooting. Never had a scope with a zero stop before so that was kind of an experience trying to get the elevation to go low enough. Even called up Vortex and wasted a lot of time figuring it out. LOL Otherwise it took just a few shots to adjust and was able to do a 8X5 at 55 yards.

Need to get more used to shooting it but it sure seems like a very accurate rifle and as usual, I'm the limiting factor. The center to center ranged from around 0.19" to 0.37" using SK Pistol Match. Looking forward to shooting it a whole lot more. :)

zycB32p.jpg

Igrj4FR.jpg