• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Controlling rim thickness and weight by sorting are good concepts, however rarely show significant improvements in benchrest scores.
What else can we control in rimfire ammunition. Do you think Rimfire Benchrest shooters are going to tell you their secrets to consistency? What do you do to improve consistency? Let us know if you will.

Benchrest guys play with everything they can. Finding lots of ammo that simply are consistent in a barrel is the most important single element. You can see this in changes in placing based on when someone finally runs out of a lot that has been consistent. Reading conditions might be a close second.

Just dropping in to say thanks for all the info to read through. Finally sold my uspsa ltd back up's back up gun and get the approval to order my Vudoo MPA today!

Reactions: Gjmen22
I must have ordered mine right as wait times increased, which is to be expected with the luck I have.

Owning this vudoo has cost me more money than I’d care to admit.... just got my RRS tripod from MHSA 😍last piece of kit is a good range finder and I should be set for a while I hope.
06E0AE91-39F4-4F05-A0B7-6F6FAE92346A.jpeg

@Krob95 with all due respect, you are never set. I am over 70 and the Mrs. just said to me again tonight, you need more guns and ammo. I told her she needs more shoes for when she goes back to school in September.
i will not say how much this site has cost me, better say I forgot how much I spent.
Really nice kit, best to you.

Maxwell

Shot a local match today. Did decent but fought hella feeding issues with Midas plus on every mag and sometimes every other mag for 8 stages and 240rds. The front of the round was popping up it seemed and getting stuck and the bolt would dent just under the neck on the case. They’re factory 10rd poly mags and the rifle has the gen 1.2 FCG. It’s happened with center x and Midas plus both. If anyone is having similar issues and fixed it or know what it might be please let me know! Other than those issues, the gun shot great!

Last edited:
Shot a local match today. Did decent but fought hella feeding issues with Midas plus on every mag and sometimes every other mag for 8 stages and 240rds. The front of the round was popping up it seemed and getting stuck and the bolt would dent just under the neck on the case. They’re factory 10rd poly mags and the rifle has the gen 1.2 FCG. It’s happened with center x and Midas plus both. Other than those issues, the gun shot great!

definitely drop a line and let them know. When they get it fix please share the remedy =]

definitely drop a line and let them know. When they get it fix please share the remedy =]

I will probably Thursday when I’m not at work so I can have the gun in front of me. The rifle has maybe 3k rounds through it +/- 500 or so 😂

Shot a local match today. Did decent but fought hella feeding issues with Midas plus on every mag and sometimes every other mag for 8 stages and 240rds. The front of the round was popping up it seemed and getting stuck and the bolt would dent just under the neck on the case. They’re factory 10rd poly mags and the rifle has the gen 1.2 FCG. It’s happened with center x and Midas plus both. Other than those issues, the gun shot great!

a friend of mine was having the same exact issue today. He ended up shooting a backup rifle because he couldn’t get it to feed properly.

Last edited:
a friend of mine was having the same exact issue today. He ended up shooting a backup rifle because he could get it to feed properly.
there were a couple other guys having issues today as well. While not world ending its frustrating when you’re on the clock and jamming up and not feeding rounds properly. It is what it is, I’ll be doing more testing hopefully Monday night running all four mags fast, slow, medium paced, to see under what specific conditions it happens and hopefully get some pictures of the issue through the ejection port.

there were a couple other guys having issues today as well. While not world ending its frustrating when you’re on the clock and jamming up and not feeding rounds properly. It is what it is, I’ll be doing more testing hopefully Monday night running all four mags fast, slow, medium paced, to see under what specific conditions it happens and hopefully get some pictures of the issue through the ejection port.
Was it in different shooting positions where the mag could get bound or in prone too?

Was it in different shooting positions where the mag could get bound or in prone too?

Prone, barricades (mag had zero pressure on it), sitting behind my tripod. Unfortunately it didn’t matter what position, it just struck randomly.

Prone, barricades (mag had zero pressure on it), sitting behind my tripod. Unfortunately it didn’t matter what position, it just struck randomly.
What chassis or stock/bottom metal?
Vudoo will get you fixed up, but this seems to be always a "magwell holding the mag in the wrong place" issue.
Sounds like the mag is a little low, if the bolt is skipping over the rim and hitting in the middle of the shell.
I can't believe there are not a lot more of these issues, with the HUGE variety of chassis and mag well combos out there.

@Krob95 were these magazines relatively new? Purchased in the last 6months or so? My mag that came with my Vudoo ~ March had this issue. I called them up and they sent me a new one. They said they had a problem with the mold which caused the mold to be too narrow, causing the round to not sit up high enough, thus not control fed, and it was causing the round to push up and get caught.

I bought a used mag, and then I bought an aluminum mag. Both those magazines I could tell that the follower was sitting a lot higher in the magazine compared to the defective magazine. The replacement magazine I got also looked like the used magazine (1.5yrs old) and the new aluminum mag with where the follower was sitting.

Not a good image - was from a while ago

1592102721946.png

You can notice the red follower is sitting a mm lower compared to the black follower (left one) that sits pretty flush to the top of the feed lips.

What chassis or stock/bottom metal?
Vudoo will get you fixed up, but this seems to be always a "magwell holding the mag in the wrong place" issue.
Sounds like the mag is a little low, if the bolt is skipping over the rim and hitting in the middle of the shell.
I can't believe there are not a lot more of these issues, with the HUGE variety of chassis and mag well combos out there.

Accuracy International AX chassis, but I had misfeeds in my J Allen, and bravo chassis’s that I thought were flukes. It’s not the bolt skipping over the round, it’s the round shooting up into the top of the barrel and getting jammed into the breech face when pushing the round out of the magazine. It’s just odd. I’m going to try and film each 10rd mag I shoot to see if I can get it on video.

@Krob95 were these magazines relatively new? Purchased in the last 6months or so? My mag that came with my Vudoo ~ March had this issue. I called them up and they sent me a new one. They said they had a problem with the mold which caused the mold to be too narrow, causing the round to not sit up high enough, thus not control fed, and it was causing the round to push up and get caught.

I bought a used mag, and then I bought an aluminum mag. Both those magazines I could tell that the follower was sitting a lot higher in the magazine compared to the defective magazine. The replacement magazine I got also looked like the used magazine (1.5yrs old) and the new aluminum mag with where the follower was sitting.

Not a good image - was from a while ago

View attachment 7350760

You can notice the red follower is sitting a mm lower compared to the black follower (left one) that sits pretty flush to the top of the feed lips.

My vudoo was bought in March and the mags I bought after that were from mile high, also in March. Maybe I have some defective mags?

Accuracy International AX chassis, but I had misfeeds in my J Allen, and bravo chassis’s that I thought were flukes. It’s not the bolt skipping over the round, it’s the round shooting up into the top of the barrel and getting jammed into the breech face when pushing the round out of the magazine. It’s just odd. I’m going to try and film each 10rd mag I shoot to see if I can get it on video.

My vudoo was bought in March and the mags I bought after that were from mile high, also in March. Maybe I have some defective mags?

Most likely the case. Both mine and my friend's were bought in march and both of ours the mags had issues and had to be replaced.

Reactions: Krob95
One of my magazines had issues and they replaced it. With my friends the round will stick straight up. He pulls the mag, strips the round, puts the mag back in and the same thing happens. I think it could be a chassis issue with his though. It’s in an MPA chassis, same as mine but his is an older model. If we can’t figure it out I’m sure Vudoo will take care of it but he would like to resolve the issue without sending the rifle back to them.

Reactions: Jkin3
One of my magazines had issues and they replaced it. With my friends the round will stick straight up. He pulls the mag, strips the round, puts the mag back in and the same thing happens. I think it could be a chassis issue with his though. It’s in an MPA chassis, same as mine but his is an older model. If we can’t figure it out I’m sure Vudoo will take care of it but he would like to resolve the issue without sending the rifle back to them.

Have you ran his mag in your Vudoo to see if it works?

that’s where I’m at, I would like resolve the issue if at all possible with out sending the rifle out as my vudoo is my most used rifle. But if that’s what it takes then so be it. I’m just glad they have top notch customer service so I’m not too worried.

Mine looked like this during a malfunction before they replaced it. Haven't had an issue once in the last 300 rounds through the replacement mag.

View attachment 7350812
Thank the lord, that’s the exact issue I’m having. The front of the bullet is catching the top of the chamber/breech face at 12 o’ clock. Glad you have a picture of it, you’ve saved me some ammo!

Thank the lord, that’s the exact issue I’m having. The front of the bullet is catching the top of the chamber/breech face at 12 o’ clock. Glad you have a picture of it, you’ve saved me some ammo!

I mean if they had a problem with their mold... it means all the magazines mfg'd during that time period will have that issue. So 99% sure it'd affect you too.

15 round mags. I received 2 yesterday, shot a match today, tried to use them during sight in, no go, consistently failed to feed, bolt slid right over the rounds. Running an MDT ACC, all my 10 round mags run fine. Any one else running the aluminum mags?

jeff

Ran the 15 in a match yesterday. 400 rounds and not any feed issues. MDT ACC. You do have to pay attention when loading the magazine.

Watch the Vudoo YouTube video on loading the magazine.

15 round mags. I received 2 yesterday, shot a match today, tried to use them during sight in, no go, consistently failed to feed, bolt slid right over the rounds. Running an MDT ACC, all my 10 round mags run fine. Any one else running the aluminum mags?

jeff

Take a half round jewlers file and ever so slightly file a small concave indention in the front of the magazine at about 45 degrees o the follower side. This has stopped all Eley feeding problems as well as all othr ammo feeding.

Reactions: STex
Shot a local match today. Did decent but fought hella feeding issues with Midas plus on every mag and sometimes every other mag for 8 stages and 240rds. The front of the round was popping up it seemed and getting stuck and the bolt would dent just under the neck on the case. They’re factory 10rd poly mags and the rifle has the gen 1.2 FCG. It’s happened with center x and Midas plus both. If anyone is having similar issues and fixed it or know what it might be please let me know! Other than those issues, the gun shot great!
Go to the Vudoo website and watch the video on magazine loading. It may be operator error.

Take a half round jewlers file and ever so slightly file a small concave indention in the front of the magazine at about 45 degrees o the follower side. This has stopped all Eley feeding problems as well as all othr ammo feeding.
A picture please if you don’t mind, thank you

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

Ditto. Even the EPS flat points feed perfect.

Go to the Vudoo website and watch the video on magazine loading. It may be operator error.
I’ve been shooting my Vudoo for a year, all my 10 rounders run fine, I know the “idiosyncrasies“ of loading the mags. Was shooting a match so I didn’t have time to trouble shoot, but I could get the first round to load, then then the bolt would run over the second one and so.

I have 4 magazines from March and they all have this feed issue. I tried adjusting the adjustable mag catch in my MPA chassis, but still have the issues. I received my gun at the end of March. I ordered the set of 3 magazines with mine for the total of 4 and all 4 have that issue. I will call them and get new ones sent and ship back the old ones.

From what I remember, the red followers are the ones that are supposed to feed Eley better. That’s what I was shipped after I had my mags when I mentioned Eley not feeding.

Is anyone using the Vudoo single-shot insert and if so, could you comment on what you like/dislike about the insert?

Thanks!

Is anyone using the Vudoo single-shot insert and if so, could you comment on what you like/dislike about the insert?

Thanks!
R99:

I have used it. Easy to install and remove. Worked. No problem inserting or ejecting round. For me the motivation was being able to use the V22 in a GRS stock with BDL bottom metal.

Rick

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
The current version of the single shot adapter works perfectly. People with big meaty fingers might have trouble single shot feeding into that little port and you have to be careful not to set the round in too deep because you can miss the trough and have to fish the round back out. Now you're trying to grab the round with TWO fingers which has little chance or catching it with a fingernail of your small finger. You get used to it and I have used it since the first day with my repeater.

The adapter is a very precise fit.

It does make cleaning the breech face a little more difficult.

Pricey at $69 plus shipping.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99