• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Anyone know what’s going on at vudoo? My rifle is 2 weeks past due and when I call for an update I get a recording telling me they’re closed until Jan.4th (yesterday)

they still closed?

I just got an email from them. They are moving into a bigger shop. Phone calls and internet are not working properly. They will be up and running next week, bigger and better than before. I sure hope so. I have three rifles on order and one is way past due.

this is one of those painful moments where you are sad cause the move is gonna cause delays, but it's good for us cause it'll mean more rifles faster and more innovation and cooler stuff coming. Also: I hate moving. Moving all that machinery and getting it torn down and set up again is surely a huge PITA. I'm pretty glad I don't have to do it.

Reactions: One Mile Up
Hi there,

Received my new barreled action.
Just shot it on sunday. It shoots great in terms of accuracy but feels sticky in some spots and doesn't run smooth if bolt handle not in a sweet ''middle'' spot.
With and without ammo is the same. With and without mag is the same.
I assumed since it was new, running / lube it a bit the bolt would help, but just doesnt.

Is that standard? I read every where it is super smooth by my T1X is far better. Are we supposed to run the bolt very slowly or what?

I really want to love this rifle but it is just not smooth to cycle the bolt for now. Should I try to polish raceway with a litthe compound and a back and forth movement ( not closing the bolt ) ?

Thanks for your advices regarding this.

Hi there,

Just shot it on sunday. It shoots great in terms of accuracy but feels sticky in some spots and doesn't run smooth if bolt handle not in a sweet ''middle'' spot.
I assumed since it was new, running / lube it a bit the bolt would help, but just doesnt.

Is that standard? I read every where it is super smooth by my T1X is far better. Are we supposed to run the bolt very slowly or what?

I really want to love this rifle but it is just not smooth to cycle the bolt for now. Should I try to polish raceway with a litthe compound and a back and forth movement ( not closing the bolt ) ?

The sweet "middle" spot is basically where you have to be, I just learned to cycle my bolt properly and never have had any issues. I don't have any other suggestions. With such tight tolerances everything is fitting like a glove in the action, which I assume increases the accuracy a bit, but yes it's not a loose wobbly smooth action like my Tikkas.

Hasn't bothered me ever in a match though. Only if I'm OCD trying to gently analyze my bolt do I notice.

Reactions: Luke22:36
Hi there,

When I got my first vudoo with the Gen 1.2 receiver, I was a little disappointed with the bolt throw. It was not as smooth as I would’ve expected and would kinda bind up. But after a while it was as smooth as my impact and couldn’t complain. My Gen 2 is very smooth though right off the bat. Oil your bolt lightly and run the bolt a bunch. It’ll break in and it’ll be smooth.

Last edited:
A light oil lightly applied on the bolt body and a touch of grease on the locking lugs & cocking cam makes all the difference in the world. Also frequently clean the bore of the action and bolt body then re-lube especially when it is new (sub 1000 cycles).

I just got an email from them. They are moving into a bigger shop. Phone calls and internet are not working properly. They will be up and running next week, bigger and better than before. I sure hope so. I have three rifles on order and one is way past due.

That would explain why I can't get in touch with anyone to get the missing parts on the barreled action I picked up from Mile high. Rather disappointed to say the least...

That would explain why I can't get in touch with anyone to get the missing parts on the barreled action I picked up from Mile high. Rather disappointed to say the least...

What parts are you missing? We can resolve this quickly....

MB

Reactions: littlepod
I would’ve just DM’d Mike B. instead of making yourself disappointed for no reason. I understand your frustration but it’s pretty well known on this thread that Mike is always doing what he can to make sure people are satisfied with their vudoos. Shit happens. Small parts get missed. It’s less than ideal but they will do you right.

If it's trigger pins, make sure you look in the foam slots, sometimes the little ziplock bag that the trigger pins are in get pushed under the foam.

Not sure what other parts were in my box. It was the BA, Bolt, Trigger Pins.

When I got my first vudoo with the Gen 1.2 receiver, I was a little disappointed with the bolt throw. It was not as smooth as I would’ve expected and would kinda bind up. But after a while it was as smooth as my impact and couldn’t complain. My Gen 2 is very smooth though right off the bat. Oil your bolt lightly and run the bolt a bunch. It’ll break in and it’ll be smooth.

Went shooting a bit more. It is much better now since I run the bolt while watching TV but still, from time to time, bolt get blocked by that protruding pin made to protect / align mag 'tower'. I wonder what to do with that issue.

Reactions: Krob95
Went shooting a bit more. It is much better now since I run the bolt while watching TV but still, from time to time, bolt get blocked by that protruding pin made to protect / align mag 'tower'. I wonder what to do with that issue.

What protruding pin? I don't understand what you mean by the align mag 'tower'

Run the bolt with the magazine inserted as it's designed as a system. The "pin" you're referring to is the ejector, it's not there to protect the magazine.

MB

Run the bolt with the magazine inserted as it's designed as a system. The "pin" you're referring to is the ejector, it's not there to protect the magazine.

MB

thanks for the info. Action is already much smoother. Still blocks here when bolt lever pushed at max height:

Attachments

• 226C797A-F980-4975-AF53-A0A0F93718C9.jpeg
    226C797A-F980-4975-AF53-A0A0F93718C9.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 187
thanks for the info. Action is already much smoother. Still blocks here when :

That bolt appears terribly devoid of any lubrication.

"bolt lever pushed at max height"----Are you purposely driving the bolt off-axis to the receiver?

MB

Last edited:
oh, it is well lubed, ejector window area a bit wiped but not the reason of locking
shoul i put grease?

Either a higher viscosity oil (I use Lucas Oil Gun Oil) or one of two grease lubes I'll use on the outside of the bolt; XF7 or Lucas Oil Gun Grease. Never put grease on the firing pin/spring because it creates drag.

MB

Either a higher viscosity oil (I use Lucas Oil Gun Oil) or one of two grease lubes I'll use on the outside of the bolt; XF7 or Lucas Oil Gun Grease. Never put grease on the firing pin/spring because it creates drag.

MB

I've been using this Pro Shot Pro Gold https://amzn.to/2Lv5hAX for my bolt / lugs. Do you have any concerns on this one? I had purchased this before VGW recommended the Lucas stuff.

MB

agree! As Canadian I know that grease will create drag , it gets even worse in the cold.

maybe firing pin touching the ejector while bolt fully extended?

still I’ll give another 500 rounds through it + a tv night and get back with results. Pretty confident it will be all right tho.
Cheers and thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 987CBAC4-CA59-4594-95D5-453841F8129D.jpeg
    987CBAC4-CA59-4594-95D5-453841F8129D.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 59EEDEDC-5A13-4363-968D-F4717EE41E99.jpeg
    59EEDEDC-5A13-4363-968D-F4717EE41E99.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 95
I've been using this Pro Shot Pro Gold https://amzn.to/2Lv5hAX for my bolt / lugs. Do you have any concerns on this one? I had purchased this before VGW recommended the Lucas stuff.

Based on the operating temperature, I don't see it being a problem, just don't put it on the interior workings of the bolt assembly. The interior should get a lighter viscosity oil.

MB

agree! As Canadian I know that grease will create drag , it gets even worse in the cold.

maybe firing pin touching the ejector while bolt fully extended?

still I’ll give another 500 rounds through it + a tv night and get back with results. Pretty confident it will be all right tho.
Cheers and thanks for your time.

Firing pin physically can not touch the ejector, it's richly clearanced. With the magazine not inserted, the bolt nose is allowed to rotate just enough such that it will lightly contact the ejector enough so that you'd feel it. The magazine serves a few purposes as part of a functional system.

MB

Reactions: Tremor3
The sweet "middle" spot is basically where you have to be, I just learned to cycle my bolt properly and never have had any issues. I don't have any other suggestions. With such tight tolerances everything is fitting like a glove in the action, which I assume increases the accuracy a bit, but yes it's not a loose wobbly smooth action like my Tikkas.

Hasn't bothered me ever in a match though. Only if I'm OCD trying to gently analyze my bolt do I notice.

Humm ... I got much more play in the Vudoo than the Tikka.
I dont care about a little play on an open bolt as long as the rifle is accurate and it doesnt bite in raceways or anything else.
But for now this V22 blocks 100% when boltface is 0.75'' from the front of the ejection port when pushing the bolt at maximum height. I just cant run the bolt as fast as on my Tikka. Sad thing because otherwise it is a perfect rifle.

This is in no way something I was expecting reading all those comments about how smooth this action is.
I should post a video regarding this, I ll do this weekend.

Humm ... I got much more play in the Vudoo than the Tikka.
I dont care about a little play on an open bolt as long as the rifle is accurate and it doesnt bite in raceways or anything else.
But for now this V22 blocks 100% when boltface is 0.75'' from the front of the ejection port when pushing the bolt at maximum height. I just cant run the bolt as fast as on my Tikka. Sad thing because otherwise it is a perfect rifle.

This is in no way something I was expecting reading all those comments about how smooth this action is.
I should post a video regarding this, I ll do this weekend.

"bolt lever pushed at max height"----Are you purposely driving the bolt off-axis to the receiver?

MB

This ^

MB
Funny you say that Mike our lgs had some of this ( Lucas Oil Gun Oil) and I have been using it for almost 6 months and around 6k rounds with great success.
I was using wilson universal lube before but wanted to try something easier to obtain.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAVAGE88
I too use the Lucas gun oil. Works well for me

Why would you purposely push the bolt off-axis to the receiver? By doing so over a short period, you actually create "play." Operate the bolt back and forth along it's axis the way it was actually designed to work.

MB
[/QUOTE]

Not sure to understand, There is no good reason I would try to abuse and ruin a brand new quality rifle. But when I run the bolt, I just run it.

Read my first post here. Really want to love the rifle. It smells quality in materials and finish . it shoots great at 300m. I could also say that it looks amazing in my accuracy AT stock, balance and ergo similar to my AI so it is a perfect trainer.
Not searching for trouble here but solutions.

BUT:
I just run the bolt and it happens to stop hard from time to time always in the same spot. That is just a fact. There is more movement in the open bolt than my T1X. if it is by design , it is all right. Where I feel less comfortable is that bolt operation is not as smooth.
I do not believe that normal use could create a play over a short period of time either , I just shoot it tho. I do not see smoke or metal chips!!

If I have to grease it like my M14 to have smooth operation then I'll do. I ll gave this guy more rounds to chew and see how this goes .

Here is the video I sent to vudoo customer care, waiting for a reply:
So if your rifles did that back then and now it is smooth as butter , I got nothin to worry about.

Got to shoot the vudoo for the first time today and man was it fun! This was the first 5 shots down the barrel after bore sighting. Shot about 70 rounds, the rifle fed perfectly and was so smooth 👌

Attachments

• B747C98A-6D83-43C7-A746-A18B7C2D89D1.png
    B747C98A-6D83-43C7-A746-A18B7C2D89D1.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 77
Why would you purposely push the bolt off-axis to the receiver? By doing so over a short period, you actually create "play." Operate the bolt back and forth along it's axis the way it was actually designed to work.

MB

Not sure to understand, There is no good reason I would try to abuse and ruin a brand new quality rifle. But when I run the bolt, I just run it.

Read my first post here. Really want to love the rifle. It smells quality in materials and finish . it shoots great at 300m. I could also say that it looks amazing in my accuracy AT stock, balance and ergo similar to my AI so it is a perfect trainer.
Not searching for trouble here but solutions.

BUT:
I just run the bolt and it happens to stop hard from time to time always in the same spot. That is just a fact. There is more movement in the open bolt than my T1X. if it is by design , it is all right. Where I feel less comfortable is that bolt operation is not as smooth.
I do not believe that normal use could create a play over a short period of time either , I just shoot it tho. I do not see smoke or metal chips!!

If I have to grease it like my M14 to have smooth operation then I'll do. I ll gave this guy more rounds to chew and see how this goes .

Here is the video I sent to vudoo customer care, waiting for a reply:
So if your rifles did that back then and now it is smooth as butter , I got nothin to worry about.

[/QUOTE]

PM Sent.

MB

Thanks Mike....I dont have the issue but could you pm me what happened?

There's a shoulder about mid way back on the bolt nose that, for whatever reason, is hitting the ejector. A very simple fix.

MB
Mike,
I have experienced something similar from time to time. If the issue is what you describe above, can it be intermitent? If so, could you share the adjustment with me also?
Hasen't done it in a while, I thought it may have been a mag issue.

Mike,
I have experienced something similar from time to time. If the issue is what you describe above, can it be intermitent? If so, could you share the adjustment with me also?
Hasen't done it in a while, I thought it may have been a mag issue.
Not sure which action you have, but in the Gen 1, as long as the magazine was inserted, you'll never feel the ejector. A long time ago, we did receive ejectors that were a tad too tall, and a few swipes with a #2 file to remove .01" to .015" resolved any contact issues. For the masses: This is no longer the case, so please don't call the shop and tell them I said your ejector needs to be replaced or repaired.

If you have a Gen 2, I'd be incredibly surprised if you're having this issue, but in the event you are, the fix is the same....a few swipes with a #2 file on the very top of the ejector, the file should not touch anywhere else on the ejector.

MB

Reactions: squishee
If it's trigger pins, make sure you look in the foam slots, sometimes the little ziplock bag that the trigger pins are in get pushed under the foam.

Not sure what other parts were in my box. It was the BA, Bolt, Trigger Pins.

Man I shot a trigger pin out of my tl3 last week into the Christmas tree.....I looked for that thing forever.