• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

littlepod said:

I ran a 12oz/12oz huber and switched to a 2-stage TT Diamond recently. I don't like how short the take-up on the TT Diamond is, but I've gotten used to it. I run it at 10oz 1st stage, and a 6oz 2nd stage. Got it during the BF sale so it's blinged out gold, which I thought I'd hate, but so far it's been pretty good.

I do like how solid the Huber is and how reliable it is. I keep worrying my TT is going to go down. I should try a BandA, what sear are people running?
Interesting... I have the low sear in my Tac Sport Pro and a couple thousand rounds on my Vudoo without any issues.

I have a dumb question:

I currently have a rifle being built at the Vudoo factory (due in about a month)... I'm wondering if I should update the order to having an MTU profile barrel rather than the Kukri... when I ordered -- I didn't think about the balancing of the rifle. I really wanted to have a spiral-fluted barrel tho (and this is what I currently have on order -- 20" Kukri | threaded | spiral-fluted)... which leads me to my "dumb question"...

Since people get the MTU for balancing purposes (by the sounds of it) -- would it be counter-productive to have an MTU barrel spiral-fluted thus removing (minimal, I'm guessing) weight from the barrel???

I'm new to all of this and still learning... 😅
I wouldn't sweat that detail, especially for a 22. What you can do for balance is either focus on a slightly lighter rear on the stock or adding fore end weight to the stock. The lower center of gravity of the fore end weights might actually be better than a super-heavy barrel.

Reactions: One Mile Up
littlepod said:

I ran a 12oz/12oz huber and switched to a 2-stage TT Diamond recently. I don't like how short the take-up on the TT Diamond is, but I've gotten used to it. I run it at 10oz 1st stage, and a 6oz 2nd stage. Got it during the BF sale so it's blinged out gold, which I thought I'd hate, but so far it's been pretty good.

I do like how solid the Huber is and how reliable it is. I keep worrying my TT is going to go down. I should try a BandA, what sear are people running?

Interesting... I have the low sear in my Tac Sport Pro and a couple thousand rounds on my Vudoo without any issues.
Mike at voodoo recommended the high sear, so that is what I went with

Sold my 20” kukri BA and just received my 20” MTU BA. Wanted the extra weight up front. Hit the range early this morning to get a quick zero before this weekends NRL22 match. Also tested some ammo. Was able to get good dope out to 300.. even with some nasty winds.

Unlike my previous Vudoo, this one had feeding issues out of the gate, which is mainly why I tested other ammo as Lapua is always my go to. 2-3 rounds out of each mag would fail to feed. It’s like the bullet was flat in the mag and wouldn’t lift over the end of the mag. Drove me crazy all morning. I have two mags and both did the same. They are poly mags FWIW. Put a call into Vudoo and hoping they get back with me soon.

EDIT: that is 50yd target not 100.

I had the same issue. Called Vudoo, got a call back later the same day and diagnosed my issue. Eley ammo has a flat nose just before the point. Catches on the front of the mag. If you take a small round file to the front of the mag and put an angle cut to it, waalaa no more issues. Since it's made for Lapua ammo with the round nose it makes sense. I was personally extremely impressed with the customer service and knowledge base with the call back.

Mike at voodoo recommended the high sear, so that is what I went with
Makes sense and if I was ordering specifically for this I would have done the same... But I had the low sear set up for my TL3 that I threw on and it's worked perfectly.

Reactions: jmw
I had the same issue. Called Vudoo, got a call back later the same day and diagnosed my issue. Eley ammo has a flat nose just before the point. Catches on the front of the mag. If you take a small round file to the front of the mag and put an angle cut to it, waalaa no more issues. Since it's made for Lapua ammo with the round nose it makes sense. I was personally extremely impressed with the customer service and knowledge base with the call back.

Thanks. I was aware of the issue with Eley due to flat not but it happened with Lapua and Wolf as well. Greg at Vudoo got back to me and said to try this...

With rifle standing on table vertical, muzzle up. Slightly loosen action screws, insert mag, and retighten action screws with mag in. Gonna give this a try in the next day or two. If I’m not mistaken I’ve seen MB state this in a post a while back. So hopefully this will fix it.

Reactions: acronut
Back to a bravo

Attachments

• 109372B7-3EFB-435B-A098-DFCA09409943.jpeg
    109372B7-3EFB-435B-A098-DFCA09409943.jpeg
    874.3 KB · Views: 204
Keep up to date with all things Rimfire and Centerfire going on with Rifles Only!! Vudoo Gun Works will definitely be around a lot or talked about a lot.

Currently on iTunes, Podbean, and Spotify.

Every episode will have at least one topic dissected that will make you a better shooter. Little rough around the edges, but production will get better very fast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rifles-only-accuracy-podcast/id1551754362

https://open.spotify.com/show/1PNpl1VaHpoEDA2U4uF6zy?si=cwviuiyATB-c-Gf8r91Dfg

View attachment 7544767

This was a great episode. Look forward to more!

Thanks. I was aware of the issue with Eley due to flat not but it happened with Lapua and Wolf as well. Greg at Vudoo got back to me and said to try this...

With rifle standing on table vertical, muzzle up. Slightly loosen action screws, insert mag, and retighten action screws with mag in. Gonna give this a try in the next day or two. If I’m not mistaken I’ve seen MB state this in a post a while back. So hopefully this will fix it.

Well, that didn’t change a thing. Basically the rounds are laying flat in the mag so I don’t believe it’s a action issue. After talking to a few other Vudoo owners with the same problem, I ended up filing the lip on the front of the mag at an angle a little and that fixed the issue immediately.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Well, that didn’t change a thing. Basically the rounds are laying flat in the mag so I don’t believe it’s a action issue. After talking to a few other Vudoo owners with the same problem, I ended up filing the lip on the front of the mag at an angle a little and that fixed the issue immediately.
We have a different follower for Eley ammo.

MB

Got a shipping notice from Altus on Friday. Should arrive on Thursday. Went with a TT Diamond two stage from Altus as well. Been eyeing some chassis' as well. I may end up with two rifles. 🤠

Got a shipping notice from Altus on Friday. Should arrive on Thursday. Went with a TT Diamond two stage from Altus as well. Been eyeing some chassis' as well. I may end up with two rifles. 🤠
I really like my tt diamond 2 stage. Though I like the take up more on the Huber. If Huber could lighten my trigger to 8/8 I would've loved it more. Right now my tt is at 8/6

I got my Vudoo Friday.. and I needed to get 1000 rounds thru it quick before we headed to the Lapua testing center..myself and friend got all 1000 rounds thru it in about a 6 hour stint..for the most part we had no problems but every now and then, the bullet would jam in the mag. It looked to me like the Rim on the bullet that was trying to be loaded was getting caught behind the rim of the bullet below. I think I was doing something wrong loading the mags. Maybe loading with the spring compressed, dropping them in there caused it? Caused them to get out of line? Next time I will load them all under compression from the spring and see if it happens agian. It didn’t happen a lot.. maybe 10 times out of a 1000 rounds but I would hate for that to happen in a match. I also marked mags, and it didn’t seem to be any particular mag..I can tell you it was a damn fun day!! The more I shot the better the groups got! It let me know at about 450 rounds that she wanted to be cleaned, then she tightened right back up..about 650 rounds the groups went a little wild (still not terrible but I knew something was wrong). So I looked the gun over and the thread protector has come about 2 threads loose.. tighten that back up and she was agian back to tight groups..All in All, worth the money and worth the wait..and man that wait is tough!!

I got my Vudoo Friday.. and I needed to get 1000 rounds thru it quick before we headed to the Lapua testing center..myself and friend got all 1000 rounds thru it in about a 6 hour stint..for the most part we had no problems but every now and then, the bullet would jam in the mag. It looked to me like the Rim on the bullet that was trying to be loaded was getting caught behind the rim of the bullet below. I think I was doing something wrong loading the mags. Maybe loading with the spring compressed, dropping them in there caused it? Caused them to get out of line? Next time I will load them all under compression from the spring and see if it happens agian. It didn’t happen a lot.. maybe 10 times out of a 1000 rounds but I would hate for that to happen in a match. I also marked mags, and it didn’t seem to be any particular mag..I can tell you it was a damn fun day!! The more I shot the better the groups got! It let me know at about 450 rounds that she wanted to be cleaned, then she tightened right back up..about 650 rounds the groups went a little wild (still not terrible but I knew something was wrong). So I looked the gun over and the thread protector has come about 2 threads loose.. tighten that back up and she was agian back to tight groups..All in All, worth the money and worth the wait..and man that wait is tough!!
Vudoo magazine loading video

Reactions: unoigo
You guys are killing me.....3 weeks left on my order

March 4th for me. Can't wait! :)

I feel like I 'cheated' the system. 😁

Just got a shipping notice from Altus, my TT Diamond shipped today. Should be here in time for the arrival of the barreled action on Thursday. I can't endorse Altus enough. Seems to be on good terms with Vudoo as well. Between Altus and Mile High Shooting Supplies, I've been a very happy camper. Really takes the bad taste of all the other shitty vendors out of my mouth and can say something more than just nice about a firearms vendor. Nothing but positive experiences. And just another reason to buy a Vudoo and use supporting vendors. Thanks peeps.

I feel like I 'cheated' the system. 😁

Just got a shipping notice from Altus, my TT Diamond shipped today. Should be here in time for the arrival of the barreled action on Thursday. I can't endorse Altus enough. Seems to be on good terms with Vudoo as well. Between Altus and Mile High Shooting Supplies, I've been a very happy camper. Really takes the bad taste of all the other shitty vendors out of my mouth and can say something more than just nice about a firearms vendor. Nothing but positive experiences. And just another reason to buy a Vudoo and use supporting vendors. Thanks peeps.

Couldn’t agree more. Although my go to is Altus due to them be a 2 day point for me, both are straight up and normally ship same day.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Mile High Shooting Supplies is about a 10-minute drive for me... looking back... I prolly shoulda just had them build me one there at the shop... meh -- oh well 🤷‍♂️... live-n-learn! I'm not in a big rush anyway -- I've been using this time to learn about rimfire precision and what accessories I'm going to want to outfit my rifle with when it _does_ get here!

Mile High Shooting Supplies is about a 10-minute drive for me... looking back... I prolly shoulda just had them build me one there at the shop... meh -- oh well 🤷‍♂️... live-n-learn! I'm not in a big rush anyway -- I've been using this time to learn about rimfire precision and what accessories I'm going to want to outfit my rifle with when it _does_ get here!
Firestone?

I have a dumb question:

I currently have a rifle being built at the Vudoo factory (due in about a month)... I'm wondering if I should update the order to having an MTU profile barrel rather than the Kukri... when I ordered -- I didn't think about the balancing of the rifle. I really wanted to have a spiral-fluted barrel tho (and this is what I currently have on order -- 20" Kukri | threaded | spiral-fluted)... which leads me to my "dumb question"...

Since people get the MTU for balancing purposes (by the sounds of it) -- would it be counter-productive to have an MTU barrel spiral-fluted thus removing (minimal, I'm guessing) weight from the barrel???

I'm new to all of this and still learning... 😅
If I had a free do over I would have gotten the heaviest barrell I could have gotten for shooting NRL and etc matches. So much easier to balance my centerfire rifle than my Vudoo on an obstacle. I am running a MPA Hybrid chassis on the Vudoo and a MPA COMP BA on the centerfire.

If I had a free do over I would have gotten the heaviest barrell I could have gotten for shooting NRL and etc matches. So much easier to balance my centerfire rifle than my Vudoo on an obstacle. I am running a MPA Hybrid chassis on the Vudoo and a MPA COMP BA on the centerfire.
I'm having a Ravage Ridgeback built at Vudoo with a spiral-fluted 20" Kukri profile barrel... I might just have to get clever to balance it out... I was going to call and see if I could change my barrel to a MTU but decided against doing that for this build. I'll get it - shoot the piss out of it and if I don't like it and can't get it to balance for me -- I'll just sell it and build another one. :LOL:

You might want to swap them. I did and got both to balance by adding internal and external weights to the Comp. The hybrid wont take the external weights, only internal.

Reactions: MLS2GO
I'm having a Ravage Ridgeback built at Vudoo with a spiral-fluted 20" Kukri profile barrel... I might just have to get clever to balance it out... I was going to call and see if I could change my barrel to a MTU but decided against doing that for this build. I'll get it - shoot the piss out of it and if I don't like it and can't get it to balance for me -- I'll just sell it and build another one. :LOL:

If you get a 20" Kukri and then use an MDT ACC and throw all the weights up front, it balances pretty well and keeps a light package.

I don't run any of my internal weights except 2 up front, and 2 external pairs up front.

Reactions: One Mile Up
If you get a 20" Kukri and then use an MDT ACC and throw all the weights up front, it balances pretty well and keeps a light package.

I don't run any of my internal weights except 2 up front, and 2 external pairs up front.
Sorry, but -- what does "MDT ACC" stand for???

... and that's really good to hear about it staying light(er) - this is something I was hoping to achieve with this rifle!

EDIT: Ah, you mean this:

Sorry, but -- what does "MDT ACC" stand for???

... and that's really good to hear about it staying light(er) - this is something I was hoping to achieve with this rifle!

EDIT: Ah, you mean this:

Yep I've spent many iterations working on my rig, and finally got it down to its ligthest iteration at 15.5 lbs balanced.

I have friends who just bought a 22" MTU, and I don't know if theirs is going to be lighter than mine balanced, but my assumption is it will be heavier since there's more meat on the MTU towards the shoulder of the barrel. I'd do a 22" Kukri Barrel, then do my setup of the Mirage shield + Weight, 2 internals, and 2 externals to get all the weight as far forward from the fulcrum point.

If by solids you mean 40gr lead solids and the new 32gr copper solids, yes.

Then 1/16. That’s the standard twist for rimfire. The fast twist barrels are for the heavier copper solids that are being testing and developed for rimfire ELR.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
"out for delivery" according to USPS for my TT Diamond shipped for Altus on Monday. Hope it doesn't end up in USPS Purgatory for a week or so.

Action updated to arriving tomorrow as well. 🤠

Reactions: JKW70